• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Felicity is amazing.

3718357-5533332690-50711.gif

Dysun

Just wanted to point this out, but the cinematography in that gif is something we haven't seen in Arrow in 2+ years. The way it's framed, lit, lenses used, etc. Nothing on Arrow "looks" like that anymore and that's a shame.

Season 1 gets the label 'mediocre' thrown at it, but it really had alot going for it in hindsight (cinematography being a key one)

Anyway, Arrow is already a lost cause. Maybe if we're lucky, it'll turn around like Supernatural did in a few years.

Right now, the best thing is the have it around, so it can contain all the bullshit, leaving all the other Berlanti shows alone.

ZeroX03

Banned
If people wanted to read stupid social media posts, they'd go to stupid social media. Dunno why you guys are bringing it here or even subjecting yourselves to it.

GulAtiCa

The Felicty salt in here. lol..

The way people bitch about the show, you'd think it killed their dog. Some of you, not sure why you still watch. Honestly if feels like it's causing you excessive pain.

Oh well. I'm still enjoying it for most part. Those that dislike the show now, you know you can stop watching right?

Magwik

Banned

The way people bitch about the show, you'd think it killed their dog. Some of you, not sure why you still watch. Honestly if feels like it's causing you excessive pain.

Oh well. I'm still enjoying it for most part. Those that dislike the show now, you know you can stop watching right?
I don't dislike the show. Frustrated by writing choices? Yeah. But I still enjoy it. Just having some fun in the mean time. Gotta be able to sit back and laugh at it all at least.

You guys realize hating on her is about as bad as loving her. And those facebook posts sound remarkably familiar

Anyway, Arrow is already a lost cause. Maybe if we're lucky, it'll turn around like Supernatural did in a few years.

Right now, the best thing is the have it around, so it can contain all the bullshit, leaving all the other Berlanti shows alone.

Supernatural is awful.

GulAtiCa

I don't dislike the show. Frustrated by writing choices? Yeah. But I still enjoy it. Just having some fun in the mean time. Gotta be able to sit back and laugh at it all at least.

I know you don't, you still seem to enjoy the show from what I've seen. There are others here though...

Personally, I like to pretend that Felicy-gets-healed-to-just-walk scene away didn't happen.... lol

ZeroX03

Banned

Darhk still best villain on a Berlanti show this season.

Have you been watching season 11? I'll give you that 6-10 were almost pure garbage, but 11 is turning it around pretty darn well.

Yes. Supernatural went over the top too fast and it's been difficult to come down from there since and that pace hurt the show so much. And as much as I like Castiel and Crowley, especially Castiel, they should have stayed dead half a decade ago.

Like can we get a season where the fate of the world doesn't lie in the balance for once again?

And can Sam just get laid, dude's about to explode.

Zoom was a monster with zero personality, Darhk was still better before the awful reveal. Now Zoom is just a mess.
Ah, but what about Darhk's own awful reveal, where he relies on an idol for his power? And then, without the idol--even though he was in the running to be the next Ra's al Ghul--he can't hold his own in fisticuffs against nobodies?

Like, no wonder Matt Nable got the title if Darhk fights like that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ah, but what about Darhk's own awful reveal, where he relies on an idol for his power? And then, without the idol--even though he was in the running to be the next Ra's al Ghul--he can't hold his own in fisticuffs against nobodies?

We've known Darhk has used mystical objects for his power since like episode two? Reveal wasn't anywhere on par with Zoom awfulness.

And what do you mean can't hold his own against nobodies? Oliver Queen is the greatest martial artist in the Arrowverse as far as we know. It was a weak fight, but it makes sense Ollie won. Especially since it's likely Darhk hasn't had to fight with his fists in decades, whereas Ra's still practiced until his death.

We've known Darhk has used mystical objects for his power since like episode two? Reveal wasn't anywhere on par with Zoom awfulness.

And what do you mean can't hold his own against nobodies? Oliver Queen is the greatest martial artist in the Arrowverse as far as we know. It was a weak fight, but it makes sense Ollie won.
Oh, I thought someone else on the team punched him out. I still think Zoom is a better villain, though.

Magwik

Banned
I think Dahrk's legacy as a villain depends entirely on what his plan is. It's going onto episode 17(?) and we don't even know what the antagonist is trying to accomplish.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think Dahrk's legacy as a villain depends entirely on what his plan is. It's going onto episode 17(?) and we don't even know what the antagonist is trying to accomplish.

Same could be said for Zoom, just because we don't have a fucking clue what's going on with his identity, awful plan and the only apparent goal so far is to ruin legacy characters.

$20 says Darhk is trying to destroy the city in some way, why break with tradition at this point.

Magwik

Banned
Same could be said for Zoom, just because we don't have a fucking clue what's going on with his identity, awful plan and the only apparent goal so far is to ruin legacy characters.

$20 says Darhk is trying to destroy the city in some way, why break with tradition at this point.
Zoom is simple though. He just wants to be the fastest alive and a dick to Barry. That's all we need to know to be invested. Dahrk is running an evil organization on what could be a national level, and yet without knowing what his goals are and what he is trying to accomplish, the urgency of each episode involving him is removed.

ZeroX03

Banned
Zoom is simple though. He just wants to be the fastest alive and a dick to Barry. That's all we need to know to be invested. Dahrk is running an evil organization on what could be a national level, and yet without knowing what his goals are and what he is trying to accomplish, the urgency of each episode involving him is removed.

The Zoom Jay thing (it's been weeks, not tagging it) still makes no sense. He wants speed and is apparently using stupidly roundabout ways to get it. It's certainly not enough for me to be invested, especially at the expense of the Jay Garrick and Zoom names. We're still not even sure what actions were directly Zoom outside of the suit and the difference between the four Jays.

Darhk wants to control the city. What he's going to do with it is the question, but it's pretty obvious if he had the control it would be very bad. Again it's essentially the same destroy the city plot as the last three seasons.

Magwik

Banned
The Zoom Jay thing (it's been weeks, not tagging it) still makes no sense. He wants speed and is apparently using stupidly roundabout ways to get it. It's certainly not enough for me to be invested, especially at the expense of the Jay Garrick and Zoom names. We're still not even sure what actions were directly Zoom outside of the suit and the difference between the four Jays.

Darhk wants to control the city. What he's going to do with it is the question, but it's pretty obvious if he had the control it would be very bad. Again it's essentially the same destroy the city plot as the last three seasons.
I'm just saying that Dahrk himself seems to have taken a back seat to the rest of the show as the antagonist. Remember when they went out of their way to show he had a family and let Ollie get away because he saved his son? Moments like those are infinitely better than him and Ollie having standoff 54 with Ollie escaping at the last second.

Joni

I think it is becoming quite clear that Darhk is the decoy antagonist. He got beat down, he might get back up again but he can't be a threat anymore. I'm thus wondering, Ruvé or someone else waiting in his ranks?

I've seen the bottom commenters before, I'm pretty sure she attacked me on either Facebook or Twitter once for a comment last year when I "insulted" Olicity fans by saying they were a very vocal minority of the show's fan base.
You were wrong. #OlicityForever.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think it is becoming quite clear that Darhk is the decoy antagonist. He got beat down, he might get back up again but he can't be a threat anymore. I'm thus wondering, Ruvé or someone else waiting in his ranks?

I think we should wait until the next episode and see how Darhk responds to his incarceration first. It is worth noting that Darhk isn't the leader of HIVE, merely a senior officer. If he gets his powers back he's certainly a threat, not to mention he has vast resources.

Lots of people have guessed Merlyn is the end game villain for this season too.

KonradLaw

It would be weird if island storyline wouldn't be connected to modern one, right? That's what they did for two last seasons. So maybe the demon thingies will be the big bads?

DeathyBoy

Banned

Darhk was always Ra's Tommy.

ZeroX03

Banned
What if Reiter is the big boss of the season? He's suped up with whatever the hell he was looking for on the island.

He's not really compelling enough to make a swerve big bad play work. Ruve's actress is nothing special either. It's Darhk or Merlyn from here on I think.

Then again, who can predict how stupid things can get in the Arrowverse lately?

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah I agree he did a great job as Constantine but a show has to stand on a lot more then then good acting from the lead character.

Well people aren't really clamoring for the show to come back as much as they are the character in a DC TV context. Whether that be Arrow, Legends or his own rebooted thing.

I have an idea for how to improve the show, but I doubt many of you will like it. I'm raising my flame shield.

Kill Felicity

This would send Oliver in a downward spiral, and would be a good reason for him to return back to his season 1 roots of killing people and having no rules.

I have an idea for how to improve the show, but I doubt many of you will like it. I'm raising my flame shield.

Kill Felicity

This would send Oliver in a downward spiral, and would be a good reason for him to return back to his season 1 roots of killing people and having no rules.

A reverse character arc! Splendid! Then it can be like Supernatural where they promise to be open and honest and then keep secrets that ultimately end in the deaths of many people. Over and over again. I love that part of Supernatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom