• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the episode. I don't think Laurel died. Maybe she faked her death to trick Dahrk? I don't know. Seems weird that she wanted a promise for something and we couldn't hear it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'd argue Patty Spivot didn't escape this fate either. But instead of her suffering, it was Barry in the end who suffered and became an absolute idiot. Esp with the damn, very obvious, lying.

Interesting.
New Black Canary sighting? Though... This week was suppose to feature Curtis getting a talk from Felicity, and that sure didn't happen. So who knows.. lol
its supposed to be a laurel flashback episode so it's probably a flashback to her early days as black canary.
Nevermind, just read the summary.

THEYRE ALREADY REPLACING HER?

Unless this fanboy IMDB stuff is true from the finale of The Flash:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3107288/episodes?season=2&ref_=tt_eps_sn_2
S2, Ep23
24 May 2016 Episode #2.23
War in Earth One Central City unraveled between the heroes from other earths and the Rogues breaks out as Barry, Green Arrow, Firestorm, and Silver Banshee take the fight to Zoom in Central City Park and Barry must decide if Zoom's life is worth sacrificing to save thousands of lives.

And she becomes Black Canary =P

Got engaged to boyfriend of six years, Actor Robbie Amell, on August 20, 2014.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2680758/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

I won't even say lois escape it but it was not so bad with her since they got together late in the series .
Patty was not around long enough for it to take hold and even then barry got stupid.
CW can't go half a season without some stupid relationship drama cause by a stupid reason.
At this point I'd say it's a feature

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
dafuq. gonna need to borrow some grains of salt from earlier in the thread

Here, I measure out the exact amount of salt you'll need to take with that:

arxFNuf.gif

dafuq. gonna need to borrow some grains of salt from earlier in the thread

There's some random stuff that gets posted as a 'synopsis' on IMDB. It's mostly completely wrong. Mostly good for a hearty chuckle and nothing more.

There was another recently that had Nightwing showing up in Arrow near the finale

Remember Laurel Season 1?

I've said this before, but people keep missing it: whoever is in that lead romance slot is going to suffer as a character. Whether its Felicity, Laurel, or whoever, the character will suffer in drama, because this is the CW and that's how the shows do. If it's not Oliver, it'll be his romantic partner screwing things up.

There was no alternate reality where Laurel remained the romantic lead and did not fall prey to the exact same problems. Laurel got better once she wasn't a focus of plotlines. The Laurel-centric plotlines we did get were full of stupid decisions.

Perhaps it's because I watch CW's other shows - Vampire Dairies, The Originals, Supernatural, etc - that I'm used to it.

Sara was fine tho

I could see her faking her death, being afraid that Quentin would retract his testimony if she survived in order to protect her.
Maybe she got Cisco to make her an implantable Canary Cry in order to pose as a Metahuman doppleganger.

Joni

I could see her faking her death, being afraid that Quentin would retract his testimony if she survived in order to protect her.
Maybe she got Cisco to make her an implantable Canary Cry in order to pose as a Metahuman doppleganger.

Maybe Laurel faked her death and Oilver gave her something to make her seem dead for some reason? They can't be replacing her already. Unless Felicity is the new...Black Canary.

They denied it though. She isn't faking her death, the promise will become important next year. Maybe they just bring in her Earth-2 version.

KonradLaw

If there's a new Canary I really hope she won;t be joining the team for good. The main advantage of killing Laurel is to make the team smaller, especially since let's be honest, she was terrible at it.

Oh, logic? Sorry, I thought we were talking about Olicity.

Special thanks to anaron for the inspiration.

Felicity and Her Two Sisters

Not the funniest but I appreciated the Revenge of the Sith reference.

#4.19 "Canary Cry" Synopsis
Extended Promo

I heard about it before
but if this is true and he really is brining back Black Canary in his own vision with another actress, holy shit... Guggie really is out of his fucking mind.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that might be the first trailer I've seen that has a lot more dislikes than likes for Arrow.

KonradLaw

Can we talk about how Oliver got stabbed through twice with a sword and survived,
1cb5c790-716a-0132-4379-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

arrow-damien-darhk-stabs-black-canary-o.gif

while Laurel dies from little arrow prickle?

She clearly was not a superhero material :D

Joni

R'as aims left and high, away from his heart. Oliver basically loses a lung there.
Dahrk stabs from left to right, to the heart. That seems liver or lung, and heart.

KonradLaw

R'as aims left and high, away from his heart. Oliver basically loses a lung there.
Dahrk stabs from left to right, to the heart. That seems liver or lung, and heart.

She stabs her to right side. No way that reacher a heart. Plus Oliver got his colon sliced

Joni

She stabs her to right side. No way that reacher a heart. Plus Oliver got his colon sliced
R'as stabbed really high though.And yes, I mixed up my directions. I looked at the direction of the gif. But points should still stand, one lost a lung

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The thing that bothered me most about that scene is that Darhk had all of them force choked, and he decided to just kill Black Canary. It just felt stupidly plotted out. Would have worked better for me if it was like the Speedy vs Darhk confrontation from earlier in the season. Canary chases after Darhk because everyone else is caught in a fight, gets put down.

I'm part of #TeamNoFakedDeath. They did it already with Roy. And Sara came back. I think whatever she told Oliver is going to be some super personal thing that gets revealed at an emotional moment at the end of the season.

He also got pushed off the damn cliff and had to fall at least a hundred feet.

Didn't they also change the location of Oliver's stab wound afterwards?

KonradLaw

He also got pushed off the damn cliff and had to fall at least a hundred feet.

Didn't they also change the location of Oliver's stab wound afterwards?

Yeah. Lol. That was such wtf. I mean...why the hell didn't they say that Maseo just stolen some lazarus pit water? The fact that he just got better was so ridiculous :D

Joni

The thing that bothered me most about that scene is that Darhk had all of them force choked, and he decided to just kill Black Canary. It just felt stupidly plotted out. Would have worked better for me if it was like the Speedy vs Darhk confrontation from earlier in the season. Canary chases after Darhk because everyone else is caught in a fight, gets put down.
That could have worked, but he now demonstrated it was revenge. It wasn't part of some escape plan. He could have easily left without harming any of them. He is however so vindictive he does anyway. I think it just would have been better earlier in the season to show how evil he is.

ZeroX03

Banned
I like that Thea went for the kill against Darhk. You go girl, you channel your brother from S1 when you two had the weird sexual tension.

Oliver surviving the fight against Ra's without the use of a Lazarus Pit was bullshit. Heroic willpower or not, he fell off a goddamn cliff after a sword pierced his body and left in the cold to freeze (I don't believe that 'the cold helped' shit either).

Also regarding the extended promo
there are rumors that some girl who was a fan of the Black Canary dons the costume, which sounds unlikely, but fuck it, I'll have that rather than Felicity.

ZeroX03

Banned
Regarding the promo and
the "new Black Canary"
:

Madison McLaughlin — who once fought demons as Supernatural‘s teen hunter Krissy — now has set her sights on Arrow.

The CW is mum on details, but McLaughlin seems to match a recent casting breakdown for “Rebecca,” a teenage character who appears in Episode 19 — with the potential to recur — and is described as a “smart, snarky” “escapee of a dangerous cult.”

http://tvline.com/2016/02/25/arrow-season-4-cast-madison-mclaughlin-cult-survivor/

Yager

Banned
Hahahahaha, this fucking show. Fuck it. FUCK. FUCK. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

So, are you guys ready for Felicity being the next Black Canary? I wouldn't be surprised if that is how the series ends.

Also, fuck Diggle.

I gotta say, this might've been one of the best episodes this season; also the episode were Felicity shows up for only a couple of minutes in the end. 2+2...

Laurel shipping Olicity was hilarious, but Amell made it work despite being such a dumb way to say goodbye to the character.

Regarding the promo and
the "new Black Canary"
:

Madison McLaughlin — who once fought demons as Supernatural‘s teen hunter Krissy — now has set her sights on Arrow.

The CW is mum on details, but McLaughlin seems to match a recent casting breakdown for “Rebecca,” a teenage character who appears in Episode 19 — with the potential to recur — and is described as a “smart, snarky” “escapee of a dangerous cult.”

http://tvline.com/2016/02/25/arrow-season-4-cast-madison-mclaughlin-cult-survivor/
She was in a cult? Oh boy, maybe she found solace in the Black Canary or Laurel saved her this one time, making her a heroic Cupid.

KonradLaw

Regarding the promo and
the "new Black Canary"
:

How sad does character's life has to be for her to be a Black Canary's fan?

KRod-57

Banned
My biggest issue with this show is they don't know how to keep their killed characters dead, and now it has gotten to the point that when a character dies it feels pretty inconsequential

How sad does character's life has to be for her to be a Black Canary's fan?
FOwZ77O.gif

I assume she's mistaking Laurel for Sara, the real Canary.
Sara was only active for a few months before she left for Nanda Parbat and promptly kicked the bucket and that was near two years ago so I doubt that unless they really are going for a good guy Cupid route here. Plus I'm not sure if she was ever publicly known as the Canary
so why would she steal or be given the costume of a different person?

Between Guggie and the Olicity fangirls on Twitter/tumblr over this and the other news...

cRtITEu.gif

This is the first damn time I've actually used this GIF since I first posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom