• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't watched the episode and got spoiled on it. Think I might just drop it after this season is done. Season 4 had a great start, but the Arrow's supporting cast has been getting thinned out over time and they fall back on relationship bullshit. It basically took a nose dive after the Flash Crossover.

Black Canary is a core part of the GA mythos. This would be like taking Lois lane out of Superman or Mera out of Aquaman. Sara might return but I'm doubting it. Getting rid of Roy was also a shitty step. I don't care for their take on Mr. Terrific either, he's just some eccentric nerd instead of his usual stoic, confident self. The Ollicity stuff really didn't bother me that much, but now they're killing off characters wantonly.

I don't understand creatively why they would do this, unless it was mandated because they might be using Black Canary in Justice League.

Making Felicity be Black Canary would be trite, we already had that transformation arc for Laurel with a much stronger motivation. E2 BC is just a dumb idea unless she ends up being an entirely different character.

Ready to watch it! Lets do this!

e: I'm sure you guys have already gotten into this.

But did Merlyn really knock Thea out with this stump of an arm and then take the idol with him all by himself?

Props to Cassidy and Amell in that last scene together. The way Oliver's face just crumbles when he realizes what Laurel had kept in that pouch is heartbreaking. I don't care what people say, those two had good chemistry together and could sell a heartbreaking scene.

One thing I want is them to focus on Thea's reaction to Laurel's death and not fucking Felicity's. Laurel was like a big sister to Thea and knew her practically all of her life since she was childhood friends with Ollie and Tommy, and they better not gloss over that. All Thea had was Laurel between season 3 and 4 when she was dealing with the bloodlust, so the writers better not push her away in order of a Felicity crying scene.

They most likely going to concentrate on dig .
Since he know he basically kill her .

I hate when tv shows will get rid of a character when the actor takes off. Bet we could've had some mileage out of bc and wildcat.
I still love it when every now and again there's that one person somewhere who asks "so did Wildcat like die during the fight against Brick" because the show doesn't give an explanation at all as to what happened to him.

The Hobo

I dont think I will stop watching Arrow because it's connected to Flash and LoT but I think my days of looking forward to new episodes are over.

Man how this show has fallen.

The fact that they had Laurel state something about Olicity on her Death bed is horrendous writing. Uncle Guggy the tumblrina strikes again. Geez this guys writing is atrocious.

Sölf

Yeah, well, if Arrow would be as good written as the Flash, I may have felt something. But by now Arrow is nothing more of "meh". So, eh, yeah, she is dead. Continue as usual.

As soon as they straightened out Laurel's character to be less annoying and worthless, she's gone and wishing Olicity the best in their future endeavors.

For fuck's sake. Two Black Canaries gone from Arrow, and without a good reason why in regards to Laurel.

Meh, it was pretty clear by season two that Laurel and Oliver weren't going to be together and that was okay because there was too much bad history there for it to really work.

Oh hey, Zero got his Member back.

Anybody that thought so was crazy that ship sunk long ago .
Some will say the comic but this show so far from the comic it should have no effect .
Meh, it was pretty clear by season two that Laurel and Oliver weren't going to be together and that was okay because there was too much bad history there for it to really work.

Oh hey, Zero got his Member back.
Oh, logic? Sorry, I thought we were talking about Olicity.

JustinBB7

I was already spoiled thanks to this thread not using spoiler tags last week. But now a spoiler in the thread title before I even watched it to remember me of it seems a bit much. Why is that allowed all the sudden? Pretty easy to figure out Laurel dies if you watch the show and see the title now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was already spoiled thanks to this thread not using spoiler tags last week. But now a spoiler in the thread title before I even watched it to remember me of it seems a bit much. Why is that allowed all the sudden? Pretty easy to figure out Laurel dies if you watch the show and see the title now.

Spoiler tags are no longer required once a show has aired an episode in its country of origin.

Toki767

As upset as I am that they killed off Black Canary, I'm more upset that it was Damien Darhk of all people that got to kill her. I just always considered him to be such a minor villain especially compared to Deathstroke and Ras.

Sephzilla

Its obvious to me her death has been faked or something. That moment where we don't hear what Laurel and Oliver are saying to each other followed by Laurel going from fine to dead immediately is the biggest red flag possible

JustinBB7

Its obvious to me her death has been faked or something. That moment where we don't hear what Laurel and Oliver are saying to each other followed by Laurel going from fine to dead immediately is the biggest red flag possible

Show runners have denied this, specially because they faked out Roy not so long ago. But how trust worthy they are these days..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom