• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

the thing is, Felicity fans should be just as angry at much they've ruined her character. She went from the smart, funny heart of the show to a whiny love obsessed idiot.

the thing is, Felicity fans should be just as angry at much they've ruined her character. She went from the smart, funny heart of the show to a whiny love obsessed idiot.

What?! She's a smart, strong and independent woman and doesn't need some whiny, lying boyfriend in her life. The fact that Oliver is crawling back to her is proof of that.

Arrow is dead Olicity killed it

I watch superhero shows for superheroing not 8 seasons of will they wont they

Flash trolls Arrow & Legends lol is million times better than Arrow

Hey guys remember when Oliver's family had a company but Slade snatched it right out from under them and he was trying to get it back, but then it got rebranded and Felicity somehow got control of it and everybody was okay with that?

No?

Magwik

Banned
Hey guys remember when Oliver's family had a company but Slade snatched it right out from under them and he was trying to get it back, but then it got rebranded and Felicity somehow got control of it and everybody was okay with that?

No?
It's okay he was too busy running for Mayor
Wait

Joni

No?

Of course, why would we forget SMOAK?

Luigi87

Meh, I choose to believe the whole thing is a rouse orchestrated by Laurel.
She went into the hospital as Black Canary so the nurse and possibly med staff know her secret. After she was stable she explained the situation to the nurse, then later to Oliver (when the camera cuts to outside), her death is then faked through heavy sedation.

Just wait for Oliver to briefly disappear at some point after the funeral to dig her sedated body up. This way she can operate without Darhk knowing she's alive, thus keeping a crosshair off of her, as well as off her father who Darhk is likely done with due to his ego feeling pleased that he killed Laurel.

I mean, if Roy can fake his death, why not Laurel?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

No?

On an alternate Earth, GAF is complaining about why you'd give the company back to a fucking idiot.

KonradLaw

So the hospital doctor and staff know that laurel is black canary. No one on that show is concerned about that?

Green Arrow brought her in, with a fatal wound done by his own arrow. They're probably thinking "wow, if he did it to his own sidekick, what is he willing to do to strangers?!!!" They won't squeak a word :D

So the hospital doctor and staff know that laurel is black canary. No one on that show is concerned about that?

Well he could tell them the truth
that Damien got his magical powers back and grabbed his arrow out of mid-air to stab her with it.
They'd probably think he's on vertigo though. (That episode was awesome, Diggle was perfect in it with that line)

This part at 0:45'ish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cm9xymH7Ig
That episode is awesome.

tim1138

Just watched this week's episode, and I'm out. I actually liked
Laurel
and enjoyed the character arc over the past few seasons.

Just caught up on the last couple episodes.

They finally make Laurel cool again and they kill her off. If it's the real thing and not a fake out then I may finally drop this show for good. All the characters are getting worse, with the exception of an improvement from Laurel. Not to mention the fact that she had some of the best action scenes this season too.

jrcbandit

Just watched this week's episode, and I'm out. I actually liked
Laurel
and enjoyed the character arc over the past few seasons.

Yep, they finally make Laurel likable while ruining Felicity's character. The showrunners killed off the wrong character, you kill off annoying Felicity and only the Tumblr idiots would care.... I think I'll be done with the show too if this isn't a fakeout.

Jonogunn

Well he could tell them the truth
that Damien got his magical powers back and grabbed his arrow out of mid-air to stab her with it.
They'd probably think he's on vertigo though. (That episode was awesome, Diggle was perfect in it with that line)

This part at 0:45'ish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cm9xymH7Ig
That episode is awesome.

Yah but point is a bunch of strangers know her identity. The doctors didn't even act shocked or have a talk about treating a vigilante. No one considered calling the cops? Olly and co ain't worried? Wouldn't detective lance be questioned and accused of aiding a vigilante?

Joni

What if these people like the Arrow and his sidekicks. The Doctor clearly wanted to help him and told him to hide. We don't have to assume they hate the vigilante saving their city. Didn't they show that back then with Brick?

DeathyBoy

Banned
What?! She's a smart, strong and independent woman and doesn't need some whiny, lying boyfriend in her life. The fact that Oliver is crawling back to her is proof of that.

Bro, don't. Quality issues aside, there is some seriously fucked up undercurrents re: how people view Felicity.

ZeroX03

Banned
Legends is nailing the character moments, while falling flat on the Savage storyline.

Considering that we all know how every single season of every show is going to go (huge spoilers for Legends:
the good guys will win
), I'm not too bothered by a weak Savage and loving the main cast. Hell, I'd say it's closer to Marvel Studois style than most DC joints.

Joni

Legends is nailing the character moments, while falling flat on the Savage storyline.

Considering that we all know how every single season of every show is going to go (huge spoilers for Legends:
the good guys will win
), I'm not too bothered by a weak Savage and loving the main cast. Hell, I'd say it's closer to Marvel Studois style than most DC joints.

Still a better villain then any Marvel movie villain not named Loki. But indeed, Tomorrow seems closer to the Avengers style. Big character match-ups without too much focus on the opponent.

strafer

Amazing.

He should guest star on the show.

48B7XYl.png

KonradLaw

They should just fire all the staff outside of Oliver. Have him team up with Constantine and go on a Sliders-like multiverse journey in search of something, visiting both new worlds as well as every other DC show on the air. One episide on Gotham, Lucifer, Supergirl etc :D

This is what I thought up yesterday after fifth beer when out with friends when somebody mentioned one of my friends looks like Jerry O'Connel :D

Back when people were in the coal mines, when a Canary died they knew they had to get out.

Can we go back and just appreciate this quality post. You brought a smile to my face, which is something that has been sorely missing in this thrad with Arrows sharp decline in quality over the last 2 seasons.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This show wont get a season 5

I'd bet on it getting a Season 6, even. It's one of the top rated shows on The CW. And it's not even effects heavy, it's just mostly stunts. I'm betting it goes to whenever Amell's contract ends + 1 year maybe. Supernatural is on Season 11 and Vampire Diaries is on Season 7, Arrow will keep going until they lose Oliver.

I'd bet on it getting a Season 6, even. It's one of the top rated shows on The CW. And it's not even effects heavy, it's just mostly stunts. I'm betting it goes to whenever Amell's contract ends + 1 year maybe. Supernatural is on Season 11 and Vampire Diaries is on Season 7, Arrow will keep going until they lose Oliver.
To which Felicity gets her own spin-off.

abundant

Ever since S1, Arrow has been in the top 3 most successful shows on the CW, so unless it suddenly sees a sharp decline in the ratings, it's not going anywhere.

ZeroX03

Banned
Amell is on until at least season six. I would be surprised if it didn't go longer though, shy of something like a TVD fall off but the spin offs are helping a lot more here.

abundant

But the internet hates Felicity...

What's ironic is people think getting rid of Felicity will save the show, when in reality, it'd probably doom it. We're seeing this right now with The Vampire Diaries, who are seeing a sharp decline in ratings due to them getting rid of Elena.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What's ironic is people think getting rid of Felicity will save the show, when in reality, it'd probably doom it. We're seeing this right now with The Vampire Diaries, who are seeing a sharp decline in ratings due to them getting rid of Elena.

Basically. The fanbase here probably isn't a good representation of the total fanbase of the show. We can pretend these are super macho shows, but they're soap operas with more physical confrontation. Nothing wrong with that, but the relationship stuff appeals to some people. I like the occasional cute romance plotline here and there myself. I don't think Oliver has any chemistry with Felicity at all, but I'm not a writer for the show lol.

Laurel got done dirty though. She's literally the only character who has drastically changed from Season 1. Oliver is the same, other than the no killing. Diggle is the same. Felicity is the same, she just gets mad at Oliver more. Laurel actually had a character arc. She became self destructive, mourned for her sister and became Black Canary, and advanced her career. Everyone else has been static, except for Felicity, but she was gifted her CEO position by her ex-boyfriend. Laurel did her shit on her own. I'm bitter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom