• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenist

He looks a lot better as recently
56f55b831e00009500711566.jpeg

Why is he wearing lady pants?

Joni

Ollie ' s got a pretty bad track record with sidekicks. Counting Roy's fake death, three sidekicks have died of puncture wounds to the torso about one year after putting on their mask. (Sara, Roy, Laurel.) Diggle and Thea re due early next season.
Well, Sara had left him at that point.

"No writer would be that dumb to kill the Black Canary off of a show about the Green Arrow."

A youtube group reaction to the episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0gPVK5L0kw

Hearing that one girl (in the BC mask) genuinely upset because they did the dirty on a character she loved since she was 10 years old really reinforces how much the Arrow writers fucked up on this one.

KonradLaw

"No writer would be that dumb to kill the Black Canary off of a show about the Green Arrow."

A youtube group reaction to the episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0gPVK5L0kw

Hearing that one girl (in the BC mask) genuinely upset because they did the dirty on a character she loved since she was 10 years old really reinforces how much the Arrow writers fucked up on this one.

Screw them. It's not like they killed real Black Canary anyway ;)

Seriously though Black Canary kind of sucks and never should have permanent place in Green Arrow show or comics. Keep her as guest star at most. Which is why Sara is perfect BC,

You all need to realize if they brought Sara back she would be as underused as everyone else. She would do nothing, her character doesn't really have much of a potential for plots which is why she works on Legends with the main focus on time-traveling adventures than singular character arcs.

Screw them. Black Canary sucks and never should have permanent place in Green Arrow show or comics. Keep her as guest star at most.

If a character sucks it is because the writers sidelined them in favour of utterly useless shit (the entirety of the Felicity bullshit).

Making Laurel's last words be an approval of Olicity is the last nail in the coffin for this show. It has become too much of a joke IMHO.

KonradLaw

You all need to realize if they brought Sara back she would be as underused as everyone else. She would do nothing, her character doesn't really have much of a potential for plots which is why she works on Legends with the main focus on time-traveling adventures than singular character arcs.

And because she stars on Legends she won't be able to appear on Arrow much, which makes it even better :)

KonradLaw

If a character sucks it is because the writers sidelined them in favour of utterly useless shit (the entirety of the Felicity bullshit).

And Felicity as character sucks because writers feel need to introduce useless romance drama.
In the end it;s always the writers. Still..Laurel gone will probably help the show. She never worked well as superhero. She had a lot of potential as lawyer, but 3,5 seasons of Arrow has shown us this team is incapable of making law stuff interesting.

And Felicity as character sucks because writers feel need to introduce useless romance drama.
In the end it;s always the writers. Still..Laurel gone will probably help the show. She never worked well as superhero. She had a lot of potential as lawyer, but 3,5 seasons of Arrow has shown us this team is incapable of making law stuff interesting.

Nothing can help the show because they have no intention of reversing course on the Olicity pandering. It's a done deal now. The show will never return to the heights of season 2.

And because she stars on Legends she won't be able to appear on Arrow much, which makes it even better :)
Or not appear at all given she's time-traveling and can't just drop by whenever. Unless you mean Sara dropping in like once or twice a season which makes no sense for her to become the Black Canary then.

Still, considering the rumors, what is the chance that DC fucked them over again on Black Canary?
I would be pissed but at the same time happy as fuck because that basically means DC would rather have Black Canary in the DCEU than Green Arrow who they have no plans currently for.

Also highly unlikely given Barry still has a show and he's also getting a movie.

Joni

I would be pissed but at the same time happy as fuck because that basically means DC would rather have Black Canary in the DCEU than Green Arrow who they have no plans currently for.

Also highly unlikely given Barry still has a show and he's also getting a movie.
Deadshot already suffered the curse. And let's be honest, they might deny it, but the disappearance of DeathStroke and Waller have a small to them as well. The fact that it is for awful movies is a disaster.

Manu

So what was the deal with the doctor saying Laurel was fine and getting better, and then she suddenly starting seizing and dying?

Why even say she's getting better in the first place?

Magwik

Banned
So what was the deal with the doctor saying Laurel was fine and getting better, and then she suddenly starting seizing and dying?

The writers are terrible people and terrible writers

WedgeX

Banned

Until they kill him off during the Crisis on Infinite Earths in order to merge the CW and CBS DC universes, thus replacing Barry with Wally.

Deadshot already suffered the curse. And let's be honest, they might deny it, but the disappearance of DeathStroke and Waller have a small to them as well. The fact that it is for awful movies is a disaster.
We haven't even seen Suicide Squad, how would we know Waller was lost to a bad movie? Also Arrow's incarnation of Waller was fucking awful, just a terrible version all around. And we don't even know if Slade will ever be in the DCEU.

Also they brought Deadshot back. Even if his Earth-2 counterpart he was still Floyd Lawton which shows they aren't taking these characters for the movie.

Effect

Still, considering the rumors, what is the chance that DC fucked them over again on Black Canary?

I think low at this point. They killed off Amanda Waller this season and they've gone on record of saying that was their choice. They weren't told at all to do that or that they couldn't use her. Same goes with Deadshot. Even if the films laid claim to him it was their choice to kill him and even then they did it in a way he could return. It was a classic no really dead death. People assumed WB films did that and initially they did with the Suicide Squad but then that changed and all shows were allowed to use who they wanted. Though I think the no was related to Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman but even then Supergirl clearly needs Superman to a degree. Gotham is pulling from Batman lore and characters as much as it wants without any issue. Katana is also around in Arrow and the films now too.

This is all on the Arrow show runners and writers who promised a death without any thought or clue as to who it would be when they did. Something they've admitted.

RS4-

Ollie "killed" her. She's really alive, her grave leads to the underground.

Johndoey

Banned

Because the writers either thought that shit was funny or
fake death!

Episode killing her was awesome. The fact all the complaints center around one minute are good proof.

I didn't say the episode was bad (it wasn't amazing either), but I meant the way the handled the whole situation. Bringing up something like the grave without knowing who's in it, killing for the cheap shock value, the way the fight went down in that episode or how it came to the situation in the first place. It was poorly planned and really cheap.

Blader

Episode killing her was awesome. The fact all the complaints center around one minute are good proof.

The episode was good because the writers actually had Laurel do things and left Felicity out until the very end. There's no reason they couldn't have made Laurel a similarly more prominent and proactive character in the 15 or so episodes before this one.

Until they kill him off during the Crisis on Infinite Earths in order to merge the CW and CBS DC universes, thus replacing Barry with Wally.

You know... as bad ass as that would be to see play out...

That would be the end of watching these shows for me.
I never watch TV - I have had no interest in it whatsoever.
DC TV brought me back to television, now for an hour 3 nights a week. I got a DVR just to record these shows if I'm not home. I just hope they don't cannibalize them for the cinematic universe. Especially when I was under the impression they were meant to be separate universes in the same Multiverse.
So much potential.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs

"Mr. Queen, there wasn't much we could do...the files...there were just too many of them to save. I'm sorry."

Oliver then goes to her grave and leaves a bouquet of files dedicated to the greatest ADA.

Volimar

I didn't think Felicity crying all through season 3 could be worse but she is in season 4 man she was so awesome in season 1 & 2

The crying was worse. Aside from her getting up and walking out on Ollie, she hasn't been too bad this season. Worse is the contrivances that the writers put on for Olicity's sake.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
The worst crime was that scene in Season 3 when Flashback Ollie comes back to Starling City and infiltrates Queen Consolidated and what happens? Oliver spies Felicity staring at a picture of him and even talks to it! What??

The worst crime was that scene in Season 3 when Flashback Ollie comes back to Starling City and infiltrates Queen Consolidated and what happens? Oliver spies Felicity staring at a picture of him and even talks to it! What??
The best thing is that it's the photo of young Ollie where he looks like a predator with that terrifying smile.

The episode was good because the writers actually had Laurel do things and left Felicity out until the very end. There's no reason they couldn't have made Laurel a similarly more prominent and proactive character in the 15 or so episodes before this one.

TBH, it just showed how unneeded Felicity is but then again so did most of the first season.

Is there any other show based on an existing IP currently running with a show runner and room of writers as in love with their "creation" (yes, I know Felicity/Firestorm's step daddy, blah blah blah) and the attention it brings as Marc Guggenheim and the Arrow writers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom