• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I forgot to mention that apparently this dude

SfylRB4.jpg

Doesn't even get to eat, yet prison guards are somehow cool with it.

Ideally Thea would just have enough of this shit and kill Merlyn (I forgot ages ago it was spelled that way) and tell Oliver to fuck off if he tried to stop her while Oliver kills Damien... Which he probably won't because... Damien has kids or whatever bullshit excuse they'll use so maybe Thea can kill him too.

Hell, at this point I'd even take Malcolm finally just being locked away somewhere he can't escape since they're too damn unwilling to do what needs to be done.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Malcolm escaping from whatever situation he gets into does not bother me. What really gets on my nerves is how casually he gets to strut around the Arrowcave like no thing, as many times as required by whatever hare brained plotline requires it.

Then again, it looks like Ollie hires his security from the same outfit that guards The Flash's S.T.A.R. Labs.

Makonero

Malcolm escaping from whatever situation he gets into does not bother me. What really gets on my nerves is how casually he gets to strut around the Arrowcave like no thing, as many times as required by whatever hare brained plotline requires it.

Then again, it looks like Ollie hires his security from the same outfit that guards The Flash's S.T.A.R. Labs.

Probably the Gordian Knot Lock Company from Watchmen.

They're terrible.

ZeroX03

Banned
For those wondering why the security is so bad at Arrow HQ and Star Labs, there's actually a really deep plot reason why:
it's faster and cheaper to film exposition scenes on those established sets. That's why other shows just use cellphones for everything with people in nondescript locations.

For those wondering why the security is so bad at Arrow HQ and Star Labs, there's actually a really deep plot reason why:
it's faster and cheaper to film exposition scenes on those established sets. That's why other shows just use cellphones for everything with people in nondescript locations.

That doesn't make it any less ridiculous. The complains are still valid, even though people should realize it's an inside joke by now.

Joni

That doesn't make it any less ridiculous. The complains are still valid, even though people should realize it's an inside joke by now.

They really need to lean it some more. Like Oliver saying he'll just strap some bombs to the entrance. Then a bit villain walks in and explodes.

Effect

Can't wait for Felicity who had like three personal interactions with Laurel to be more affected and focused on than Thea who knew Laurel near all her life and was there for her more than most lately and saw her like a sister.

Oh you know that's going to happen. It already started. Look at how loud her cry was in the last episode. Look at how she's the one with Oliver in the limo more affected and angry. I hate that BS. They writers are without a doubt going to shine a spotlight on Felicity over the others. Especially those that were closest to Laurel.

Magwik

Banned
Oh you know that's going to happen. It already started. Look at how loud her cry was in the last episode. Look at how she's the one with Oliver in the limo more affected and angry. I hate that BS. They writers are without a doubt going to shine a spotlight on Felicity over the others. Especially those that were closest to Laurel.
Mericle already flat out said it will hit Felicity the hardest and that the show will really deal with that ¯_(ツ)_/¯

ZeroX03

Banned
Mericle already flat out said it will hit Felicity the hardest and that the show will really deal with that ¯_(ツ)_/¯

She should be the least affected of the main cast.

Oliver's oldest friend and lover.

Diggle fucked up and is partly to blame.

Thea has known her since she was a kid.

She's Chesthair's third dead daughter ffs.

I guess Felicity should care more than Merlyn, but his son did die to save her life. What a mistake that was in retrospect.

They really need to lean it some more. Like Oliver saying he'll just strap some bombs to the entrance. Then a bit villain walks in and explodes.

Yeah, it would be nice if they'd mix it up a little. For example, when Curtis found the elevator, there should've been a keypad that he could magically hack to get access, but it would set off an alarm downstairs. Everyone's readying their weapons, pointing them to the elevator, only to see Curtis, when the doors open. Just a little something to acknowledge that there is an actual security system in place (and kinda maybe works a little sometimes).

Wasn't their only positive interaction that one time Felicity for no reason threw Sara (who was dead at this point mind you) under the bus and said she never truly was a hero because she could never escape the darkness?

Effect

She should be the least affected of the main cast.

Oliver's oldest friend and lover.

Diggle fucked up and is partly to blame.

Thea has known her since she was a kid.

She's Chesthair's third dead daughter ffs.

I guess Felicity should care more than Merlyn, but his son did die to save her life. What a mistake that was in retrospect.

Seriously. I can't think of a single moment in the show where Laurel and Felicity were close. The opposite is true of Laurel with Oliver, Thea, and Diggle. Especially over the several months Oliver and Felicity were gone from Star City. At most Felicity should be feeling sorry for the three of them. No way in hell should this death be affecting her in any major way. They were collogues at best. It's a stretch to say they were friends. They certainly weren't close and weren't written as if they were. Maybe they're thinking of Felicity's relationship with Sara. Even then I'm not sure if even they were close either.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I never got the impression that Laurel and Felicity were close. Thea and Laurel would make sense, they've known each other for years in the timeline before Arrow even starts. The show could probably use more scenes of the team doing semi normal things. But that's probably just no possible because they do the flashbacks, which takes up runtime

The difference is Felicity is the most open about her feelings and outspoken. That was what made the character endearing the first seasons, her always saying what's on her mind.

The group also had the months were Olli was in the league where it was just them. Some people open up quicker to others and in the Arrowverse few do as quickly as Felicity.

Lastly not everyone deals the same way with loss, it hitting her the hardest doesn't mean they had the deepest connection.

Effect

Oliver was only with the League for a few weeks I believe. It was actually a really short amount of time he wasn't around. I remember people were talking about how quickly he seemed to be brainwashed.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They could always play to the angle that Felicity blames herself and her leaving team Arrow, in a round-a-bout way, for Laurel's death.

The difference is Felicity is the most open about her feelings and outspoken. That was what made the character endearing the first seasons, her always saying what's on her mind.

The group also had the months were Olli was in the league where it was just them. Some people open up quicker to others and in the Arrowverse few do as quickly as Felicity.

Lastly not everyone deals the same way with loss, it hitting her the hardest doesn't mean they had the deepest connection.
Her being affected the most reeks of bad writing and more reason to unnecessarily push Felicity as the main focus. Compared to her father, ex-boyfriend, surrogate sister and the man who has to deal with the fact that the death was his fault, a woman who has had very few one on one scenes with her is apparently going to get the most focus.

They could always play to the angle that Felicity blames herself and her leaving team Arrow, in a round-a-bout way, for Laurel's death.
How? Laurel is dead because of Quentin being an idiot and pissing Darhk off, Felicity being with the team could in no way have prevented Laurel's death.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How? Laurel is dead because of Quentin being an idiot and pissing Darhk off, Felicity being with the team could in no way have prevented Laurel's death.

Would have had someone watching the security cameras? Doing magic hacking to keep cell doors locked?

I dunno. These dudes don't pay me.

But maybe they should.

Sephzilla

I wonder if the objective of this season is to make me hate the entire supporting cast.

• I now hate Felicity because EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE ABOUT HER and it's apparently wrong for Oliver to keep his son secret when it wasn't even Oliver's choice.
  • Diggle getting double-standard as fuck regarding his brother
Thea's still on my shit list for being the worst part of Season 2. I'm willing to bet Chesthair does another abrupt Season 3 heel turn on Oliver due to another one of his daughters dying.

JDB

Banned
Deadshot already suffered the curse. And let's be honest, they might deny it, but the disappearance of DeathStroke and Waller have a small to them as well. The fact that it is for awful movies is a disaster.

Man of Steel/Batman v Superman are way better than Arrow could ever hope to be. Suicide Squad will be a million times better as well.

Everyone shits on BvS for awful writing but everyone praises Season 2 Arrow and it's main villain is a delusional redditor in an imaginary love triangle. If you think Arrow is anywhere near as good as any DC movie (not just the Snyder ones) you're more delusional than him

The Light

How does Diggle have a double standard? He started off not trusting him until Oliver stepped in. What is weird is Oliver complete 180 out of nowhere. Went from being supportive to a second away from torturing dude in his best friend apartment.

Man of Steel/Batman v Superman are way better than Arrow could ever hope to be. Suicide Squad will be a million times better as well.

Everyone shits on BvS for awful writing but everyone praises Season 2 Arrow and it's main villain is a delusional redditor in an imaginary love triangle. If you think Arrow is anywhere near as good as any DC movie (not just the Snyder ones) you're more delusional than him

So... you haven't seen Superman Returns or Green Lantern, then.
To compare the movies and the TV shows is ignorant, anyway. We're talking about totally different worlds in terms of production times, production COSTS, and also the end product. Namely the fact that the movies are, at most, 2.5 hours, whereas the TV shows are 20+ hour seasons.

Arrow has all the fundamentals of great TV. They've just failed to execute. The first half of this season was excellent, by the way.

Sephzilla

How does Diggle have a double standard? He started off not trusting him until Oliver stepped in. What is weird is Oliver complete 180 out of nowhere. Went from being supportive to a second away from torturing dude in his best friend apartment.

Didn't Oliver straight up call out that Diggle even said you can't make exceptions even for family or something like that?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Didn't Oliver straight up call out that Diggle even said you can't make exceptions even for family or something like that?

Diggle warned him a bunch of times about having a blindspot for his family. Oliver threw that back at him and he wasn't having it.

Sephzilla

85% chance that Felicity tries to make Laurel's death about her somehow.

Felicity: "Ollie, you kept a picture of Laurel on you all this time even when we were engaged?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME I COULDN'T WALK FOR 2 DAYS BECAUSE OF YOU!"

It's not just a CW problem, but its the worst there. Its a TV writer problem in general. Think of every sitcom power couple. Ross and Rachel. JD and Elliot. Ted and Robin. You rooted for them at first, but as the series went on, it became clear that no matter how many times they tried, they weren't going to work. And continuing to service the ship turned those characters into shittier and shittier people.

Bingo.

THIS is fucking Green Arrow.

Arrow TV has never and will never be that character.

It's not just a CW problem, but its the worst there. Its a TV writer problem in general. Think of every sitcom power couple. Ross and Rachel. JD and Elliot. Ted and Robin. You rooted for them at first, but as the series went on, it became clear that no matter how many times they tried, they weren't going to work. And continuing to service the ship turned those characters into shittier and shittier people.

Sometimes when the characters get together it don't be that bad anymore.
Like on castle for eg but even then you can't get anyway from it complete.

I agree, Steve has potential but man the network is holding the character down.

Also I love comic book readers for immediately rejecting felicity. She has no place in the books we don't want her.

I know a lot of comics reader that don't care or did not reject felicity .
Cause from day 1 this show was GA in name only .
Half the characters not from the comic, most of his villains are not his , the way he act in season 1unlike GA etc etc .
And now some fans angry that a comic ship sunk \ comic character die is a huge joke .

shoreu

I was talking about felicity in the books not the show.

Don't get me wrong i don't care if the character is different from the books, but the focus of the show itself has just changed. Or at least it feels this way. It's like a drama that revolves around lies and secrets. People giving hero advise when they shouldn't.

Constantly revealing your secret identity.

And the worst sin of all. BITCHING about your no kill rule constantly. Or continuously trying to flip flop on it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom