• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was Felicity in the canary costume I would've stopped watching right there.

As it is, the only thing I liked about this episode is the Lances's & Oliver interactions, and particularly Nyssa and Oliver's scene. Is Nyssa the only character so far that has asked Oliver how he was doing and actually meant it when she asked (instead of how it's a question usually used as impetus for the other character to discuss how they feel)? I mean, she sounded like an actual wife/significant other in that moment, and Nyssa is probably the most unavailable-to-Oliver character on the show.

I almost hope Katrina Law bails on Arrow soon, as she's too good for this show at this point.

Joni

Not til the second half, at least. And then, all of a sudden she let Diggle be a moron, and her absence is why Laurel died. And then there's that whole ending in the car. No one fucking cares what you have to say, bitch.

No, it made perfect sense. They were all coping with the loss. Felicity wasn't different than Oliver or Diggle who else couldn't have done a thing to stop it, but are also full in blame mode. You don't like the character, that is okay, but she was written like she should. They lost a friend and they are all thinking they could have prevented it. That perspective is why they cut out all the 'fat'. There is no Donna, no Curtis, no Malcolm, no Andy, no Dahrk. It is just the team, the people that could have made a difference. Fake Canary, Nyssa, Ruve, Political Dude are there as punching bags.

I almost hope Katrina Law bails on Arrow soon, as she's too good for this show at this point.

I can't imagine a world where a Training Day television show ends up better than Arrow.

Speaking of Birds of Prey, I was watching the CW's site the other day when it played the pilot after what I was watching. Maaaan I didn't remember it being so corny or at least not to that extreme. Always fun seeing people who made more of a name for themselves after having a part, big or really small in the past. The stand in they used for
the Joker
... Yikes, even
having Mark Hamill voice him
wasn't enough to make up for it.

It's a tragedy that Laurel's mom and Malcolm have yet to share a scene.
Both here and on Doctor Who.

Also latest episode of the 100 makes me wish that with the Laurel and Oliver kisses and Tommy mentions that they worked in Radioactive somewhere.

Joni

Also latest episode of the 100 makes me wish that with the Laurel and Oliver kisses and Tommy mentions that they worked in Radioactive somewhere.

At the funeral: "And here is Imagine Dragons to sing his favorite song".
There are shows who used to do stuff like that.

Bloodsent

It is been clear since last year that the minor cross-overs can't match up perfectly. They are too dependent on external factors for that. The production team has admitted that as well.

Or, you know, they shot that scene before they had mapped out the rest of either season and didn't care to fix it.

Joni

Barry could of just walked away
Even if the Arrow writer team knew back in July when the first episode was written that Barry would have lost his speed at this point in The Flash timeline, there wasn't a way for them to predict when these episodes would air.

Or, you know, they shot that scene before they had mapped out the rest of either season and didn't care to fix it.
Or they simply can't: Because Grant Gustin still has to film his own show. Because they no longer had that set as the grave area is quite different from the actual area of the funeral. Because they didn't have time to film that again. Because even at that point they didn't know when this would air, as even this episode was filmed at least a month ago and that Flash has to finish a bit earlier even. As for anything else, they didn't match last year when Oliver went to save Barry and vice-versa. And let's not forget, this episode in real time is set three weeks ago, right after Laurel dies while The Flash episode was set about our current time.

The Flash - Supergirl is also an excellent example, where the cross-over happened weeks before the relevant spot in The Flash. Where it happened in the middle of a Flash episode, not before or after.

ghstwrld

so queen is dead?

GRgh7dm.gif

fuck this show

I loved Felicity when she was a support character and in the background. Diggle is the like the perfect support character. He plays a vital role and they go in depth with his character but he's not overbearing to the viewer.

Captain Jack was supposed to be one of the friends of the Doctor called in for "A Good Man Goes to War," but they couldn't schedule around a movie Barrowman was working on at the time.

RIP Moira, gone but slightly more forgotten than Tommy.

They're just making sure we remember who he is before his Dopple becomes the big bad of Season 5

955572-the_evil_owlman.jpg

Magwik

Banned
Heck, give us David Tennant. He is great at playing bad guys. He should be the big bad for season 5.

Not like he has Jessica Jones S2 to work on anyways
Captain Jack was supposed to be one of the friends of the Doctor called in for "A Good Man Goes to War," but they couldn't schedule around a movie Barrowman was working on at the time.

The Arrow crew was willing to work with Moffat and Co if they wanted to bring Barrowman in but Moffat didn't give a shit

Magwik

Banned
After his completely wasted Marvel appearance? Hopefully never. And we need Doctor Who fanboys like Tennant and Smith, not people that are a bit reluctant about it.

Not his fault he needed a paycheck and got stuck with Thor 2. Dude literally didn't give a fuck for that one.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Which is why he should be a larger than life cheesy hero, fucking up things. A Ray but dialed up to 11. A Captain Qwark type.

This seems like an appropriate time for me to share my fanfiction for season 5.

My basic idea for the next seasons of Flash and Arrow are to flip the types of threats the shows deal with. With Flash, that means going up against an organization with larger plans (my idea would be Mercury Labs and their attempts to weaponize meathumans).

But with Arrow, I'd start the first few episodes with Oliver being comfortable with whatever status quo exists. Have him being super-confident and competent dealing with a few super-powered villains of the week.

Then, around episode six or so, towards the end of the episode, have that week's villain nearly escape from Oliver, only for them to be swept up by a Superman-type metahuman (use an alt-universe Superman stand-in like Optiman). He's a ridiculous superman-as-boy-scout pastiche. Have him be around in the background doing big things like saving planes and stuff, wanting to team up with Oliver for certain threats, the works. Have Oliver be skeptical about this new ally, but reluctantly accept his help because all the villains he's facing now have powers.

Then around episode 12 have a stinger where Optiman scoops up a petty purse-snatcher, flies him up over the city and fucking incinerates him right there with his laser-eyes.

Eventually Oliver is run out of town by Optiman and he sets up in Central City to plan his next moves. We discover that Optiman ties into the Mercury Labs plot over on the Flash. The rest of the season is Oliver preparing to take down Superman.

Klyka

Banned
Can I just say that the scene where Diggle confronts Mrs Darkh was probably the most powerful acting I've seen from him in.....seasons?

It was really good.

ZeroX03

Banned
This seems like an appropriate time for me to share my fanfiction for season 5.

My basic idea for the next seasons of Flash and Arrow are to flip the types of threats the shows deal with. With Flash, that means going up against an organization with larger plans (my idea would be Mercury Labs and their attempts to weaponize meathumans).

But with Arrow, I'd start the first few episodes with Oliver being comfortable with whatever status quo exists. Have him being super-confident and competent dealing with a few super-powered villains of the week.

Then, around episode six or so, towards the end of the episode, have that week's villain nearly escape from Oliver, only for them to be swept up by a Superman-type metahuman (use an alt-universe Superman stand-in like Optiman). He's a ridiculous superman-as-boy-scout pastiche. Have him be around in the background doing big things like saving planes and stuff, wanting to team up with Oliver for certain threats, the works. Have Oliver be skeptical about this new ally, but reluctantly accept his help because all the villains he's facing now have powers.

Then around episode 12 have a stinger where Optiman scoops up a petty purse-snatcher, flies him up over the city and fucking incinerates him right there with his laser-eyes.

Eventually Oliver is run out of town by Optiman and he sets up in Central City to plan his next moves. We discover that Optiman ties into the Mercury Labs plot over on the Flash. The rest of the season is Oliver preparing to take down Superman.

Maybe wait two years, Flash has Grodd to deal with before they go obscure. Unless Grodd is controlling Mercury Labs!? In a nice suit!?

Klyka

Banned
Also Amell and Blackthorne were great this episode

Just holy shit at "She is my rock.........she was my rock......I can't do this....."

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Maybe wait two years, Flash has Grodd to deal with before they go obscure. Unless Grodd is controlling Mercury Labs!? In a nice suit!?

The power of workshopping.

Grodd is controlling the minds of Mercury Labs looking for a way to turn humanity into gorillas.

Just saw the episode and wow. Probably the best episode of the season. So many INCREDIBLE moments.

Diggle's freakout was by FAR the best Diggle moment in the entire show. It was freaking amazing and reminded me of why I loved the show in the first place. I missed the angst so much.

The villain of the week was compelling and provided interesting drama to the gang.

Lance's freakout hit me right in the gut. I feel awful at how comic book logic ruined him and his family and his view on mortality.

Also aren't Arrow episodes canonically immediately after Flash ones? How does Flash have his powers back when he still hasn't gotten them back??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom