• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Also aren't Arrow episodes canonically immediately after Flash ones? How does Flash have his powers back when he still hasn't gotten them back??????
They are usually set around the same time, but not immediatelly after. The end cross-over last year was also mismatched.

Remind me to ignore Twitter
ac9bcd4542bbe3d8448a23cfec2a4af5.png
I love it.

Remind me to ignore Twitter
ac9bcd4542bbe3d8448a23cfec2a4af5.png
This is what annoys me because it's things like this that the people who work on the show notice and then go all "oh my God, you guys are so kind and sweet" but turn a blind eye when the same crowd sends hatemail constantly to their female lead for the most mundane things.

Can someone explain something to me about the last episode?
There was a scene where Oliver and Felicity were in the back of a limo talking about killing Dameon. I could've sworn I've seen this scene earlier in the season, not sure I follow why they showed it to us earlier though.

So i recently decided to continue with season 1 after i had taken a break from it halfway through the season. During that time i have finished other shows like Daredevil season 1 and 2 and Jessica Jones and highly enjoyed them. I have a hard time getting into Arrow. Some of my friends highly recommended me to go see it, because apparently it's awesome. Another friend said i haven't seen Arrow until i see Season 2.

So eh..... it actually gets a lot better in season 2 then? Because.... it's not terrible I guess but i really can't exactly call it good neither. The acting is so so, the way Arrow gets out of certain situations is ridiculous and way too convenient. I can't even begin to compare it to the Marvel shows i mentioned, so i won't, but does it get better?

Can someone explain something to me about the last episode?
There was a scene where Oliver and Felicity were in the back of a limo talking about killing Dameon. I could've sworn I've seen this scene earlier in the season, not sure I follow why they showed it to us earlier though.

Yeah. It was earlier in the season, when they eliminated Felicity as a possibility for the death. The scene with Barry was in the premiere, the scene with Felicity was in the episode after the Christmas hiatus.

So i recently decided to continue with season 1 after i had taken a break from it halfway through the season. During that time i have finished other shows like Daredevil season 1 and 2 and Jessica Jones and highly enjoyed them. I have a hard time getting into Arrow. Some of my friends highly recommended me to go see it, because apparently it's awesome. Another friend said i haven't seen Arrow until i see Season 2.

So eh..... it actually gets a lot better in season 2 then? Because.... it's not terrible I guess but i really can't exactly call it good neither. The acting is so so, the way Arrow gets out of certain situations is ridiculous and way too convenient. I can't even begin to compare it to the Marvel shows i mentioned, so i won't, but does it get better?

Episode 14 of season 1 is when it takes off.

This is what annoys me because it's things like this that the people who work on the show notice and then go all "oh my God, you guys are so kind and sweet" but turn a blind eye when the same crowd sends hatemail constantly to their female lead for the most mundane things.
Why pay attention to the negatives when the shows doing well. I mean if the show was doing as bad as people here made it out then maybe it would mean something. Can't please everyone.

ARROW - "Lost in the Flood"

OLIVER FIGHTS FOR THEA; DONNA SMOAK FACES OFF WITH NOAH KUTTLER – Following the shocking events in the previous episode, Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) race to rescue Thea (Willa Holland), while Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Curtis (Echo Kellum) and Noah (guest star Tom Amandes) join together to stop Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough). Glen Winter directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama.

Episode 14 of season 1 is when it takes off.

I sure hope so because i am already getting tired of the nonsense with Laurel, Tommy and Oliver. I'm talking about first Tommy and her being together and then Tommy decides to call it quits because.... what if she ever finds out the truth about Oliver bla bla bla. Nah not a big fan of that. Clearly aimed at younger folks as well is my guess.

So far it's just so damn predictable and some of the acting very unconvincing. There is something that makes me not give up on it completely, i guess the expectation that it will improve quite a bit. I'll find out. :)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was one of the best episodes of the season. Not perfect, but it accomplished what it was trying to do. And it gave the entire cast a chance to act out the grief theirs characters were supposed to be feeling. And I actually liked the flashbacks! I feel like that hasn't happened in a few years. They should do more flashbacks that fill in gaps of time from previous seasons, and tie those character moments to the present. Way better than the island bullshit.

Only issues I had were the fake Canary being super silly. And they sorta wrote themselves into a bit of a corner. The scene with Oliver at the grave and in the limo with Felicity seemed odd, given that we actually saw their reactions between the death and the funeral. I guess the writers had already committed to those scenes so they have to put them in, but it almost felt at odds with everything that happened in the episode.

ARROW - "Lost in the Flood"

Oh boy...that sounds....oh boy.

I sure hope so because i am already getting tired of the nonsense with Laurel, Tommy and Oliver. I'm talking about first Tommy and her being together and then Tommy decides to call it quits because.... what if she ever finds out the truth about Oliver bla bla bla. Nah not a big fan of that. Clearly aimed at younger folks as well is my guess.

So far it's just so damn predictable and some of the acting very unconvincing. There is something that makes me not give up on it completely, i guess the expectation that it will improve quite a bit. I'll find out. :)
You seem in line with most of the people here so you'll probably hate the show going forward. So just stop watching and pick up something you actually have interest in yourself.

You seem in line with most of the people here so you'll probably hate the show going forward. So just stop watching and pick up something you actually have interest in yourself.

Nah i am going to give it a chance. Let's see whag season 2 is all about. It's just that these typical soapy things really take away from it. Just now in this episode, Oliver let's Laurel know he still has feelings for her, Laurel is shocked. Laurel seems to over Tommy quite easily and before you know it she says because of what Tommy said she discovered she still had feelings for Oliver too. Oh pleaaaaase. People actually like that?

Other things in this show i do enjoy though. The story about his mom, dad, the undertaking basically. The flashbacks. Those are well made. And i can't hate on the action either, but the drama and romance. Sjeesh.

Oh good lord, in this episode Oliver visits Tommy and tells him that Laurel can decide for herself who she wants to be with and that she chose Tommy. Basically he's trying to set things right for the two of them.... but a bit later on he visits her, declares his love once more and sleeps with her. Wow.

Yeah i don't know how long i can handle this.

Nah i am going to give it a chance. Let's see whag season 2 is all about. It's just that these typical soapy things really take away from it. Just now in this episode, Oliver let's Laurel know he still has feelings for her, Laurel is shocked. Laurel seems to over Tommy quite easily and before you know it she says because of what Tommy said she discovered she still had feelings for Oliver too. Oh pleaaaaase. People actually like that?

Other things in this show i do enjoy though. The story about his mom, dad, the undertaking basically. The flashbacks. Those are well made. And i can't hate on the action either, but the drama and romance. Sjeesh.

Oh good lord, in this episode Oliver visits Tommy and tells him that Laurel can decide for herself who she wants to be with and that she chose Tommy. Basically he's trying to set things right for the two of them.... but a bit later on he visits her, declares his love once more and sleeps with her. Wow.

Yeah i don't know how long i can handle this.

Hey we got an awesome gif and term out of that

xMKW1OJ.gif

Radioactive'd

ZeroX03

Banned
tbh I thought the episode showed that Laurel was kinda superfluous to the team. It was already over stuffed with four active people in the field, three is much easier to swallow.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
tbh I thought the episode showed that Laurel was kinda superfluous to the team. It was already over stuffed with four active people in the field, three is much easier to swallow.

Everyone being a hero does turn into overkill. Imagine if Roy was still around? I agree, a smaller number is easier for them to manage. These shows don't have the budget for big team fights. Legends of Tomorrow does the same *pew pew Firestorm explosion Canary stick fight* in all their big battles.

Oliver and Laurel had more chemistry in that flashback than he normally does with Felicity. Mr. Queen chose...poorly.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Tommy as a Season 6 big bad makes more sense to me because then you can have flashbacks of Tommy from the first season to compare against.

It'd be like poetry.

Tommy as a Season 6 big bad makes more sense to me because then you can have flashbacks of Tommy from the first season to compare against.

It'd be like poetry.

If season 6 of this show keeps up the flashback structure but starts having flashbacks to events from the earlier seasons of the show I'm going to be amused and annoyed.

My money's still on Tommy somehow getting resurrected as the S5 big bad, no matter how convoluted this show has gotten since S1

My current "how this could happen" theory is keeping with the rumors that the Multiverse might be a continued presence in Supergirl and the Arrowverse shows going forward.

Malcolm cares more about Thea than he did about Tommy because he knows Tommy isn't his. Tommy's real dad is Thomas Wayne. One of the Tommys in the Multiverse is Owl Man.

And since Arrow isn't shy about borrowing Batman villains, he could have the Talons of the Court of Owls as his henchmen.

KonradLaw

If Tommy were the big bad, he'd spend the whole season watching other big bads step on his evil schemes.

It will be revealed that he was actually ressurected shortly after his death and they will run a montage of him watching from the shadows everytime Oliver had sex with somebody. All that montage to Radioactive tune of course.

Joni

I would already be glad if we could get a season 2 Tommy for an episode. Too bad the Chicago Med schedule doesn't meet up for the moment.

Arrow ratings are up!

Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim Apr 28
Ratings: Fox’s ‘Empire’ Dominates Repeat Competition; ‘Survivor,’ ‘Arrow’ Up

Steven DaCorta ‏@StevenDaCorta Apr 28
@mguggenheim Probably worth noting last episode was the second-lowest-rated of the season, so "up" to 0.9 still isn't that great...

Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim Apr 28
@StevenDaCorta Up a tenth from same time last year. Show me another fifth season show that does that.

Steven DaCorta ‏@StevenDaCorta Apr 28
@mguggenheim Also, you're being selective. Last episode was down +.2 from the same time last season.

Amusing.

My current "how this could happen" theory is keeping with the rumors that the Multiverse might be a continued presence in Supergirl and the Arrowverse shows going forward.

Malcolm cares more about Thea than he did about Tommy because he knows Tommy isn't his. Tommy's real dad is Thomas Wayne. One of the Tommys in the Multiverse is Owl Man.

And since Arrow isn't shy about borrowing Batman villains, he could have the Talons of the Court of Owls as his henchmen.
Gotham is likely already introducing them. So, no thanks.

KonradLaw

People are pinning for Tommy Hood, but it wouldn't work. The whole source of conflict is that Batman doesn't kill, while Red Hood does. Oliver has no such problems.

It's been four season. I think the time is right to finally move into the damn Outsiders War. With so many heads of clans you could have a slew of awesome villains without a need to stretch out anything, while everything still feeding into main story.

Especially since they could fix the many wasted opportunities Lemire had on that story
(awesome magical arrow artifact..lulz..no..let's break it, Oliver's Dad is alive..lulz..kill him two issues later)

Grizzlyjin

People are pinning for Tommy Hood, but it wouldn't work. The whole source of conflict is that Batman doesn't kill, while Red Hood does. Oliver has no such problems.

It's been four season. I think the time is right to finally move into the damn Outsiders War.

I was actually thinking about this last night. It's sorta bizarre that they've never attempted to adapt any famous Green Arrow storylines on Arrow. Unless they have and I just didn't notice. I mean, obviously the show would have to take some liberties. But why have they never just used a good Green Arrow story as the spine of the season, and then just built around it? Come to think of it, what have they actually taken from the comics? Cupid. I don't read Green Arrow regularly, but I can't think of anything else. There have to be more Batman connections than Green Arrow ones, I'd bet on that.

I'm actually liking Ruve Darhk as a villain a little more than Damien.The idea of someone using (mostly) legitimate means to take down Arrow is more interesting to me than having a bunch of nameless goons. Ruve is mayor of the city, and is using the entire police force to smear and hunt down vigilantes. That's pretty badass.

ZeroX03

Banned
I was actually thinking about this last night. It's sorta bizarre that they've never attempted to adapt any famous Green Arrow storylines on Arrow. Unless they have and I just didn't notice. I mean, obviously the show would have to take some liberties. But why have they never just used a good Green Arrow story as the spine of the season, and then just built around it? Come to think of it, what have they actually taken from the comics? Cupid. I don't read Green Arrow regularly, but I can't think of anything else. There have to be more Batman connections than Green Arrow ones, I'd bet on that.

Taiana is straight out of Year One, so was China White. Shado, Fyers, Komodo, Merlyn, countless others. Plenty of characters from the comics, just few direct adaptations.

Grizzlyjin

Taiana is straight out of Year One, so was China White. Shado, Fyers, Komodo, Merlyn, countless others. Plenty of characters from the comics, just few direct adaptations.

Ah, that's true. I'm forgetting all those baddies. It feels like they did more one off antagonists back in the day. Maybe it's just my imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom