• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evelyn Sharp's middle name in the file Felicty found was Crawford.

This is Evelyn Crawford in DC Comics:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Starling)

1891594-screen_capture.png

KonradLaw

He just gave John a speech about not becoming like them, now he is saying he gonna kill him?

Not becoming like them = murdering a damn mayor and screw the consequences.

Oliver has no problem killing when needed. At most he doesn't want anyone else on the team to do this, as he knows what this does to a human being.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I was waiting for Canaryheim to be confronted by Nyssa who would offer to train her, I'm actually surprised they didn't do it.

Remember, Marc Guggenheim was a lawyer so I'm sure he's totally familiar with what would likely happen. Granted that didn't stop him from making that stupid agreement with Oliver and his kid's mother.

CW sure loves Chronicles as a title for C letter sidekicks of Superheroes.

GRWD8gm.jpg

Allison Mack... Yes... Yes.

First time I remember seeing her was on that short lived Fox(?) series Opposite Sex and looking it up on IMDB holy shit Milo Ventimiglia/Peter Patrelli was the main character on it, so was Chris Evans. o_O

Dunlop

Well to be fair, she probably has various scripts doing the work for her at this point. Or is getting in through the 'legit' way, by using credentials she'd already hacked.

With certain systems, the initial hack is the difficult/boring/tedius one, once you are in, your first job is to make sure that you can get in significantly easier in the future.
For the Black Canary footage, the first time she heard about it was second earlier.

I know it is just to move the plot along just funny at how little effort they put into it.

Joni

For the Black Canary footage, the first time she heard about it was second earlier.

I know it is just to move the plot along just funny at how little effort they put into it.

It is the same reason why televisions only show stuff relevant to the main character. We don't to wait for it as viewers.

Joni

Or they needed a motivator to expose her as the Black Canary so in death she gets the honor she deserves, not just being the ADA.

Or they needed a motivator to expose her as the Black Canary so in death she gets the honor she deserves, not just being the ADA.

God forbid they put in the effort to do her character justice when she's alive.

At this level I fucking hate lazy writers and I won't tolerate their bullshit.

Joni

God forbid they put in the effort to do her character justice when she's alive.

At this level I fucking hate lazy writers and I won't tolerate their bullshit.

You're thus advocating that she is publically outed as Black Canary while alive? Makes sense.
Please think about the criticisms sometimes, as they're usually far away from reality.

You're thus advocating that she is publically outed as Black Canary while alive? Makes sense.
Please think about the criticisms sometimes, as they're usually far away from reality.

No I'm not, and don't put words into my mouth.

Killing her off and then outing her is not the only way to do the character justice. What they could've done is actually put in the effort of writing her properly instead of diverting time to the Olicity bullshit.

KonradLaw

Killing her off and then outing her is not the only way to do the character justice. What they could've done is actually put in the effort of writing her properly instead of diverting time to the Olicity bullshit.

As far as dreaful arcs go Felicity's recent problems are still leagues more watchable than Laurel's alcoholism arc.

As far as dreaful arcs go Felicity's recent problems are still leagues more watchable than Laurel's alcoholism arc.
Her storyline with Wildcat was potentially the start of something really cool, but they either dropped that because the actor either left for another show or they dragged their heels so long that they failed to lock him down for a season and he went elsewhere.

Magwik

Banned
But guess what, Laurel actually grew as a character. Felicity had regressed in character development since S1/2. All that time and she has gone nowhere, because she is always in the right and never makes any mistakes.

KonradLaw

But guess what, Laurel actually grew as a character. Felicity had regressed in character development since S1/2. All that time and she has gone nowhere, because she is always in the right and never makes any mistakes.

Arrow isn't The 100 though, it never could take loathed character and turn him around. Laurel still ended up sucking like hell, even after three years of development. If during this many episodes they couldn't turn her into a great character they never would be able too.

Arrow isn't The 100 though, it never could take loathed character and turn him around. Laurel still ended up sucking like hell, even after three years of development. If during this many episodes they couldn't turn her into a great character they never would be able too.

They had a chance to (as I discussed above) but they left it too long and then completely bottled it after that. That's on them.

Joni

It must be, because that is what you are responding to.
As for writing her properly, they did. They evolved her, but if you are evolving characters, death is also an evolution.

Jag

It's organic.

I know lots of people liked the episode, but I thought it was pretty bad. I don't really care about losing Laurel. She was ok pre-canary but pretty unbelievable as a hero. Thea did a much better job at it. I was hoping her death would bring back some of the edge and darkness of the earlier seasons, but it was more sappy bs.

Joni

It's organic.

I know lots of people liked the episode, but I thought it was pretty bad. I don't really care about losing Laurel. She was ok pre-canary but pretty unbelievable as a hero. Thea did a much better job at it. I was hoping her death would bring back some of the edge and darkness of the earlier seasons, but it was more sappy bs.

Seemed fitting though: Oliver, Diggle are used to blaming themselves. The Lance family has a clear problem with believing their children are dead. And Thea has a more angry personality.

I've been really wanting to like this show but man, it's starting to get really draining. Every success Team Arrow makes immediately is followed up by a massive setback. It's not really entertaining to watch the villains constantly win, especially if they're bad, mustache-twirling, overt villains like Darhk.

Luigi87

I'm beginning to think the season long arcs that the CW does do tend to drag on too long.

... On the upside at least this episode's flashbacks were of remembering Tommy, and not of his adventures on THE ISLAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom