• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there was the Nuclear Man and the singularity.

Yeah, I don't think the nuke going off will matter very much. Not even going forward, we'll see efforts to rebuild or the show will come back after another time lapse next season and everything will be back to normal.

Joni

Yeah, I don't think the nuke going off will matter very much. Not even going forward, we'll see efforts to rebuild or the show will come back after another time lapse next season and everything will be back to normal.

They don't even have to show a lot in this case, it is a little town far, far away from where they are. A couple of news reports can do.

Magwik

Banned
No, Laurel is.

21gbZFk.jpg

Chase17

Those Anarchy lines were so cheesy but I approve. "You're not a pawn Thea, you're a Queen".

Glad we got another Malcom I'm doing this for you scene. One of my favorite parts of Arrow (feel like there hasn't been enough of them this season, think we're only at like 6).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It'll pay off when Thea kills Malcolm and tells him that she doing this for herself.

Or for him.

Either way it works.

Supergirl, Firestorm or Atom could grab it midair, but Barry is completely powerless against one. He can't fly. Atom doesn't seem to fly extraordinarly fast, Firestorm and Supergirl would be the only options but they are in another time and in another Earth.

Nah, if he's fast enough he can disarm it before it hits the ground.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder if Malcolm scooping up Vandal Savage's ashes is ever going to pay off. Probably not since Legends of Tomorrow is still vague about the exact mechanisms of Savage's immortality. Like if they launched him into space, would he reappear on Earth? Does he reincarnate like Kendra and Carter, or just regenerate?

Maybe the Malcolm and Savage team up is for the next crossover. I hope not. But who knows.

Magwik

Banned
I wonder if Malcolm scooping up Vandal Savage's ashes is ever going to pay off. Probably not since Legends of Tomorrow is still vague about the exact mechanisms of Savage's immortality. Like if they launched him into space, would he reappear on Earth? Does he reincarnate like Kendra and Carter, or just regenerate?

Maybe the Malcolm and Savage team up is for the next crossover. I hope not. But who knows.

Savage needs to be banished from the Earth ala Kars.
and then when Crisis happens there are 36 versions of him on Mars

Also this week in Kevin Smith land:

shingi70

Banned
Yo the writers should have kept Felicity disabled, could have been a seasons worth of plot points for her, but no really has lives outside of being superheroes anymore.

Ugh...

I might stick to the show and just further avoid the batshit shipper fandom if Thea kills Malcolm by the finale.

EDIT: Apparently Katie was in the hospital for a torn bicep yesterday but still made it to City of Heroes 2 and EBR wasn't a fan of killing off Laurel either.

Kard8p3

Savage needs to be banished from the Earth ala Kars.
and then when Crisis happens there are 36 versions of him on Mars

Also this week in Kevin Smith land:

lmao who is that shitbird? God rabid shippers are the worst. Arrow needs all the decent storytelling it can get atm

ZeroX03

Banned
Kevin could actually write a decent Arrow
with the EPs looking over his should for too much extra 'humor'
it's a shame he keeps getting scared away. If he started watching for real I guarantee we'd get "OH MY GOD MANU BENNETT IS MY DEATHSTROKE MAN, THAT CAT WHO PLAYS THEA IS TALENTED" posts and a Tommy death reaction video within days.

it's a shame he keeps getting scared away. If he started watching for real I guarantee we'd get "OH MY GOD MANU BENNETT IS MY DEATHSTROKE MAN, THAT CAT WHO PLAYS THEA IS TALENTED" posts and a Tommy death reaction video within days.

He also mentioned today that he knows Thea is pretty much a retooled version of his creation, Mia Dearden.

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/731950134494437380

My mistake. Well-versed in @CW_TheFlash but only speak a little @CW_Arrow. (I did kinda create Thea, if that helps.)

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/731955177578741760

With @philhester. She was named Mia Dearden in QUIVER - the storyline that brought #OliverQueen back from the dead.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Agreed. I don't really care about him just directing an episode of this or the Flash, it isn't going to have a huge impact on the quality of the episode. Now if he was working on an episode from the ground up with a writing cred and directed, that would be a nice treat once a season. But like you said, with limits and somebody there to pull him back.

Joni

Those Anarchy lines were so cheesy but I approve. "You're not a pawn Thea, you're a Queen".
The cheese works there, because he is going all in on those lines.

Nah, if he's fast enough he can disarm it before it hits the ground.
Barry simply isn't that fast.

He also mentioned today that he knows Thea is pretty much a retooled version of his creation, Mia Dearden.
That should inspire him to watch.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's highly unlikely as long as Guggenheim is in charge unless the decision is made over his head which is even more unlikely unless he's already on his way out.

People are assuming Guggenheim doesn't like Kev, and Kev likes to run his mouth so we've only heard from him other than Guggenheim's years old tweet. As much as Arrow fans like to complain that Guggenheim is everything wrong with the show, it's still Berlanti at the top with Kreisberg, and Mericle too. He's only 1/4th of the equation. Technically Schechter too but I don't think she does creative.

First thing is Kev needs to actually watch the fucking show.

Joni

Kevin Smith is an idiot anyway for that. Why would Guggenheim have even considered letting Kevin Smith write an episode of Arrow? He doesn't know that Smith who never watched the show would want it. I'm also sure he has never imagined Stephen King writing one. The only difference is that King wouldn't make a story out of it. Guggenheim has always said he liked Onomatopoeia and Mia Daerden, he has credited Smith for opening Marvel to letting movie writers make comics for them which gave him a chance. Get Smith in a room with Guggenheim and this is talked through in five seconds. And he still wouldn't write it, because he hasn't written for a lot of television shows. The only one he has written is Clerks.

People are assuming Guggenheim doesn't like Kev, and Kev likes to run his mouth so we've only heard from him other than Guggenheim's years old tweet. As much as Arrow fans like to complain that Guggenheim is everything wrong with the show, it's still Berlanti at the top with Kreisberg, and Mericle too. He's only 1/4th of the equation. Technically Schechter too but I don't think she does creative.

First thing is Kev needs to actually watch the fucking show.

It's an assumption based on Smith's story on his involvement with Reaper which was created by Guggenheim's wife. Marc isn't going to come out and say anything negative today and not give anything but a PR response. I would imagine at this point Smith has finally started or would be soon watching it, especially since Jason Mewes has probably been on him for years to do so.

If Arrow was a sports team Guggenheim would be the team coach/GM and Mericle would be the assistant coach/manager, he's been the public face of the show since season three, what do you expect? He's going to get the flack for the show going to shit just as a coach/manager does when a team does the same because he is the primary decision maker since Kreisberg left to focus on the Flash part-way through season two and Berlanti's attention is split between a half dozen other shows, he's not the one who plots out the show or is involved daily with the writers. Berlanti can get some of the blame too because many of the problems with this show are present across his other DC shows but none of them have gotten as bad as Arrow or gone over board with pandering/fan service as this show has since late season two.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's an assumption based on Smith's story on his involvement with Reaper which was created by Guggenheim's wife. Marc isn't going to come out and say anything negative today and not give anything but a PR response. I would imagine at this point Smith has finally started or would be soon watching it, especially since Jason Mewes has probably been on him for years to do so.

If Arrow was a sports team Guggenheim would be the team coach/GM and Mericle would be the assistant coach/manager, he's been the public face of the show since season three, what do you expect? He's going to get the flack for the show going to shit just as a coach/manager does when a team does the same because he is the primary decision maker since Kreisberg left to focus on the Flash part-way through season two and Berlanti's attention is split between a half dozen other shows, he's not the one who plots out the show or is involved daily with the writers. Berlanti can get some of the blame too because many of the problems with this show are present across his other DC shows but none of them have gotten as bad as Arrow or gone over board with pandering/fan service as this show has since late season two.

A Reaper story that makes him look like a dick, and in hindsight he probably realizes that. Kevin shouldn't have been fucking with the script on a TV show, which he didn't know at the time but does now. If Flash and Legends hasn't gotten Kevin to watch Arrow, I don't know what will other than the chance to actually be a part of production.

You've got those roles reversed too. Mericle is the producer 100% day to day with Arrow. Guggenheim splits his time with Legends. Like the Laurel shit people throw on Guggenheim. That death would've gone through all the producers and probably a few execs too. Blaming it all on him is silly, Berlanti could've veto'd it at any moment. But no, every single problem is on Guggenheim and blah blah it becomes a Reddit vs Tumblr vs Guggenheim war. There's a bunch of people involved, rarely are things black and white, nor are producers "lazy" or "trying to make a bad show". And nothing should ever be compared to how fans are critical of sport, they're monsters.

Berlanti is actually the one who plots out the show. The general arc each season takes is dictated and overseen by Berlanti. The meat is on the other writers, but the big stuff does go through him. He likes planning out stories and having others do the scripts.

Kevin Smith not watching Arrow was because early in the run, a fan asked if they'd ever consider bringing him on in some capacity, and one of the producers gave a very definitive "no." He's talked about it before on Fat Man on Batman.

I'd have to find one of his tellings to get the exact form the "no" took, but they either gave a "Hell no" or laughed off the question. It wasn't a "we have no plans at this time" or a "we'd like to establish this show's identity first before bringing on guest creators" response.

ZeroX03

Banned
Kevin Smith not watching Arrow was because early in the run, a fan asked if they'd ever consider bringing him on in some capacity, and one of the producers gave a very definitive "no." He's talked about it before on Fat Man on Batman.

I'd have to find one of his tellings to get the exact form the "no" took, but they either gave a "Hell no" or laughed off the question. It wasn't a "we have no plans at this time" or a "we'd like to establish this show's identity first before bringing on guest creators" response.

Yeah that was Guggenheim who just said "no" (I think just that), Kevin thinks that Guggenheim and his wife hate him and thus won't watch Arrow. Despite that he's friends with Kreisberg, in with WB, likes Stephen Amell and watches Legends and Flash. It'd take five minutes for them to get over whatever beef he thinks there is.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The infamous tweet:

7dSvCwf.jpg

Some context because this was from before Twitter made it easier to track conversations:

zUsY3uM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom