• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
The problem isn't the writers, it's the fans. They should learn to love and accept Felicity for the lead character that she is.

I still don't have a problem with Felicity. Im also not surprised how despite being a very important part of the episode she still felt out of focus compared to the actual plot. Oh and she killed like 10,000 people.

Joni

Yeah more Anarky. He hates everyone and is pretty competent at surviving. Looks like Thea will be forced to take the yellow pills?

I hope he teams up with Team Arrow, vigilante-villain combinations are always good. And yeah, yellow pill or some other brainwashing.

The Shannara Chronicles TV series was largely CW teen girl targeted romance drama bait cranked to 11 as MTV seems to do. It looked nice but mostly terrible as many things primarily directed at teens is.

Turns out the cure for the yellow mind control pills has to be taken rectally and are size of corncobs. whatatwist.jpg

Joni

The Shannara Chronicles TV series was largely CW teen girl targeted romance drama bait cranked to 11 as MTV seems to do. It looked nice but mostly terrible as many things primarily directed at teens is.

Still, Teen Wolf and Awkward are said to be good, and Scream is fine as well. Shannara turns it up to 11 in a YA, which is already up to 11.

KonradLaw

Coming from another meh Flash episode I expect Arrow to once again win against it's younger sibling. Just like it has for most of this season actually :)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Coming from another meh Flash episode I expect Arrow to once again win against it's younger sibling. Just like it has for most of this season actually :)

I've been more bothered by the recent episodes of Flash than I was during last season of Arrow. No, The Flash isn't focusing on relationship drama but the writing has gotten so fucking lazy after Episode 17. It's probably the same issue that Arrow had last season, stretching a thin plot over multiple episodes. Arrow went in circles with Oliver being bad but not really, but really, but not really. Flash had a poorly done big reveal, and then has been in a holding pattern since then. They setup a big city wide conflict last episode...and then we jump into the middle of it in this episode, and it gets resolved in a few minutes like any other normal villain. It kills the momentum of the conflict.

It's especially disappointing when you look at Gotham which also had its penultimate episode for the season this week, and did a setup episode, but it was done in a good way where you're excited for the finale.

What seems to have worked in Arrow's favor is Laurel's death giving them time to focus on something of importance that does tie into the overarching plot of the season but is removed enough where we take a break from it. I was at my limit with Darhk being around but not really doing much, but it finally started having consequence just in time.

ZeroX03

Banned
Arrow S2 > Flash S2 tbh

Even Flash's episode tonight was a weak retread of Seeing Red and the mirakuru siege.

Also Arrow S4 > Arrow S3. Much better.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Arrow S2 > Flash S2 tbh

Even Flash's episode tonight was a weak retread of Seeing Red and the mirakuru siege.

Also Arrow S4 > Arrow S3. Much better.

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 will top them all. You'll see. You'll all see.

ZeroX03

Banned
Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 will top them all. You'll see. You'll all see.

I'm excited to see where they go. Looking like Thanagar but I really want them change the show extremely every season. Arrow, Flash and likely Supergirl are set in a loose formula until the end. Legends doesn't have to be.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

27052955886_940304cf8a_o.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Everyone knows the DC show to beat this season is Gotham though, right?

Yes, it's been a hot minute since Gotham fans have pushed open the doors of their churches and flooded out, knocking thread-to-thread spreading the word that the worst DC show of last season is better now.

To which I say, thank you, but we believe in iZombie here.

Penguin

Yes, it's been a hot minute since Gotham fans have pushed open the doors of their churches and flooded out, knocking thread-to-thread spreading the word that the worst DC show of last season is better now.

I'd say iZombie's second half was better

The beginning/middle of the season kind of dragged for me since it has that procedural set-up where little things happen in each ep, but mostly want to stand alone and then like all the plot moves forward in final 2-3 eps

KonradLaw

Not just DC show. The superhero show to beat this season is Gotham. As much as I liked Daredevil S2 for the Punisher, the Hand plot was a huge disapoitment and it took good half of the season.
Meanwhile Gotham has been so incredibly consistent this season. It's fresh, gutsy, funny and exciting. Not to mention it makes every other show in it's genre look like reality tv visuals-wise.

Gotham is legitimately the 2nd best show on tv at the moment after Person of Interest.
Heck i'd give the edge to Gotham because CBS blowing all the POI episodes out 2 and 3 times a week is killing the excitement imo(too little to binge too much to draw excitement and anticipation imo.).

Joni

Katie Cassidy stole this week's Flash episode, which made it a good episode for me. It is almost always awesome when a 'goody two shoes' gets the chance to go wild. Was one of their better episodes this year.

What seems to have worked in Arrow's favor is Laurel's death giving them time to focus on something of importance that does tie into the overarching plot of the season but is removed enough where we take a break from it. I was at my limit with Darhk being around but not really doing much, but it finally started having consequence just in time.
The other huge difference is that Dahrk went through on his word. He had been promising to settle score with Lance, he did in a cruel way.

He's not completely wrong. Flash has been a little disappointing this season. But the last couple of episodes on Arrow haven't been stellar either. They did have the stronger start into the season, though.
Mmm, Arrow has been a bit more on the roll from Laurel's death onwards. It was the middle of the season that was less convincing for me. Could have focussed more on HIVE leadership around that time, and having Ruve try fooling Oliver.

you da best, monrningbus

Grizzlyjin

Gotham got good, but iZombie's second season was pretty much perfect for me. I liked every episode except one of them. It has the season finale to beat this year.

Gotham is doing the smart thing with its mini arcs. Has just as many episodes as Flash or Arrow and almost never feels like the plot is being dragged out. The CW shows having to setup Legends of Tomorrow in their first halfs hurt them a bit, I think.

ZeroX03

Banned
Good to see they're putting in the time the nuke deserves.

Wish they put more into this parade of D list villains, could've been fun if it happened earlier.

Remember when people in this thread said the best possible reason Curtis didn't show up last episode was contractual reasons? Yeah, never again will entertain asinine ideas.

So the show runners have him pop up in the first 3 minutes, but still, no one thought to call him up to get the device and save everyone instead of lose 10k people.

I'm already annoyed. He shouldn't have shown up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom