• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

Hacking scene and Donna Smoak were a total shit show

But damn that GA plus Diggle fight scene against Hive goons brought back memories of when Arrow had good fight choreography.
The rest of the plot is about as you'd expect at this stage

See when Felicity did the triple team hack last ep she altered the code of the nuke codes to interact with Hive's system. Hive's system though was changed when she hit the backspace button to send the electrical charge. The Hive system went rogue and released itself onto the net and merged with Bing(tm)'s extra powerful search functions to learn and adapt to humans and their condition. Now fully sentient thanks to Bing(tm)'s all encompassing search features it has found a robotics facility where it constructed and body based on the chip in Felicity's spine. This body looks, and walks just like Felicty but is hell bent on bringing down Star City to use a mainframe to enslave the world.

I totally thought this through and have not had drinks tonight.

ZeroX03

Banned
Watching Dexter, got the part where Diggle is a hippie drug user. Diggle would kill that guy.

You know to skip season six, eight and seven after the first villain dies right? Right!?

You know I wouldn't advocate skipping any of Arrow, so that speaks to just awful how awful those seasons of Dexter are.

Joni

You know to skip season six, eight and seven after the first villain dies right? Right!?

You know I wouldn't advocate skipping any of Arrow, so that speaks to just awful how awful those seasons of Dexter are.

I have lived through Alone in the Dark, but I have heard how bad it is. It is a bit like a carwreck, I won't be able to look away.

Magwik

Banned

S7 was actually pretty okay in my books. But pretty much anything after S4/5 never happened.

I think they need to fully embrace "Green Arrow = Batman with arrows", especially with all the other heroes around. Maybe have him less reliant on others, able to do some detective work, and smarten up Oliver. Keep the main team small at 3 and somehow reduce Felicitys powers.

I think they need to fully embrace "Green Arrow = Batman with arrows", especially with all the other heroes around. Maybe have him less reliant on others, able to do some detective work, and smarten up Oliver. Keep the main team small at 3 and somehow reduce Felicitys powers.

they need to cut the fat, maybe not OTA but chesthair, thea, felicity or curtis, and mama smoak have GOT to go.

Ithil

Watching Dexter, got the part where Diggle is a hippie drug user. Diggle would kill that guy.

Just remember, there are only four seasons of Dexter. The finale of Season 4 is a perfect finale for the whole series. Any hypothetical further seasons would only bring pain and anguish.

KonradLaw

Meh. S7 finale is one of the best episodes Dexter ever had

I know I'm super late with this, but finally watching the episode now and the hacking scene has to be the worst shit I've seen in a long, long time. What the fuck. I'd rather watch the double keyboard hacking scene from NCIS again.

Joni

I know I'm super late with this, but finally watching the episode now and the hacking scene has to be the worst shit I've seen in a long, long time. What the fuck. I'd rather watch the double keyboard hacking scene from NCIS again.

Three keyboards with each their own computer at least makes sense, compared to one keyboard on one computer.

Three keyboards with each their own computer at least makes sense, compared to one keyboard on one computer.

You mentioned the one thing in that scene that wasn't absolutely stupid and over-the-top bullshit, but only ridiculous. Great. Perhaps we can give them an Emmy for that scene now.

Joni

You mentioned the one thing in that scene that wasn't absolutely stupid and over-the-top bullshit, but only ridiculous. Great. Perhaps we can give them an Emmy for that scene now.

As I said before, hacking is boring. Unless they start playing cat videos over those scenes, they will not get better. You either go boring and long, or you go over the top, or you play cat videos.
Which really is the best way ever to portray hacking.

Almost caught up to the show... Episode 11 now and not reading this thread but do have a small question..

Im in fear of spoilering myself but I love to watch the episode and then read a topic about it. On what page is episode 11? Maybe it is too much too ask and Im just gonna sit it out. But I do this with the Flash and GoT and it makes it much more enjoyable for me

Joni

Almost caught up to the show... Episode 11 now and not reading this thread but do have a small question..

Im in fear of spoilering myself but I love to watch the episode and then read a topic about it. On what page is episode 11? Maybe it is too much too ask and Im just gonna sit it out. But I do this with the Flash and GoT and it makes it much more enjoyable for me

Page 80.

Magwik

Banned
As I said before, hacking is boring. Unless they start playing cat videos over those scenes, they will not get better. You either go boring and long, or you go over the top, or you play cat videos.
Which really is the best way ever to portray hacking.

That's a terrible excuse, though. If they're not able to portey hacking in a fashion that isn't as dumb and offensive as they did, then they shouldn't do it at all. We're talking about Sauron screensavers, sparks everywhere and electrocution through a monitor. Are you kidding me? This isn't some kid's play in 3rd grade. Not to mention that the scene was completely pointless as it ultimately did nothing to advance the plot. Damien already lost control over the nukes last episode and he knew who it did, so why not immediately pay them a visit after collecting the souls, just like he did at the end of this episode.

And even if you absolutely have to have the hacker battle scene, then I'd rather take the usual dramatic typing bullshit with fast scrolling command line windows everywhere over this nonsense.

Joni

That's a terrible excuse, though. If they're not able to portey hacking in a fashion that isn't as dumb and offensive as they did, then they shouldn't do it at all. We're talking about Sauron screensavers, sparks everywhere and electrocution through a monitor. Are you kidding me? This isn't some kid's play in 3rd grade. Not to mention that the scene was completely pointless as it ultimately did nothing to advance the plot. Damien already lost control over the nukes last episode and he knew who it did, so why not immediately pay them a visit after collecting the souls, just like he did at the end of this episode.

And even if you absolutely have to have the hacker battle scene, then I'd rather take the usual dramatic typing bullshit with fast scrolling command line windows everywhere over this nonsense.

Even back then, they said it was only temporary which gives Dahrk something to do instead of being with his wife.

Great quick help guys! Thank you :D hopefully I can soon talk with you on all the strange things that are happening

One thing I can say on this season is that I do like it better then season 3. But it does feel a little bit random at times.

Ow, and the most recent episode of the Flash spoiled the whole grave thingy for me.... like... why :/

Joni

TVLine's May Sweeps Scorecard still has
room for a couple reuniting. Felicity and Oliver have to be in there for the finale, right? Also still two spots for characters dying, which I think might be Arrow's Dahrk and Flash' Zoom.

Magwik

Banned
So who does everyone think the "surprising force" that Oliver teams up with in the finale is?

Merlyn. Sigh.

"Who is your current Favorite DC TV Hero?"
3a99a8c2a4d2ca91c8b8d507476fc1ac.png

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=424
1066.gif

Merlyn. Sigh.

"Who is your current Favorite DC TV Hero?"
3a99a8c2a4d2ca91c8b8d507476fc1ac.png

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=424
1066.gif

But together, Green Arrow and Black Canary overtake her.

I'm starting to wonder if there's a JSA call out in every finale.

Supergirl had a
mysterious Kryptonians ship that many speculate to contain Powergirl.

Flash has the man in the mask, who is likely
the real Jay Garrick.
Legends had
Hourman

Arrow could have an AU Black Canary or a JSA magical character like Doctor Fate or Spectre

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Only a matter of time before DC looks at that and makes an Overwatch comic that nobody will buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom