• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Don't worry, Guggenheim had the name locked down before Blizzard.

overwatch_marc_guggenheim.jpg

Reads summary.
"With the help of a neurotic hacker"
Mmmm.

Sölf

Finally catched up. Imo the last few episodes became better again, but god the plot this season is so stupid and Darkh ist still a stupid villain. Heck, our good friend the Count whose name I forgot feels like a sort of proto Joker by now and is a better villain in those few episodes where he appeared than Darkh.

Anarky is the true hero of the show. He completely destroyed Darhk's plan, even killed his wife and survived a battle against Oliver (who killed Ra's), Thea and Diggle, while fighting against them at the same time. Dude's OP as hell.

Also, whoever designed and planned that underground arch is hopefully fired (literally). Shooting one arrow at some container in the command center shouldn't cause the whole thing to collapse. That was almost as bad as the pointless hacking scene.

I have been a fan of Arrow since season 1 and even though I still saw good in season 3 I have to say the way this seasons has been recently even I can't defend it.

Overall I have liked this season but there have been some really terrible moments that have me shouting at the screen. Felicity's mum has really become terrible, last week chastising chest hair for trying to save his career instead of pointlessly honouring the dead but this week they made her one of the worse characters I have ever seen on a show.

Then you have the arc somehow be designed that one simple arrow to a gas tank could start a chain reaction that destroys the whole thing and again ruins a whole section of Star city.

There are other examples but I can't think of them off the top of my head, well except in The Flash where Barry gives up his speed to Zoom for no damn reason which was so terribly done and stupid.

My wife has checked out of all the super hero shows now as she has become incredibly annoyed with all the relationship drama as of these last seasons. She loved The Flash in season 1 but she really couldn’t care less now, she hates Arrow and Legends too.

It's sad because I genuinely do like them all but when it gets to the point that even I can't spin some good out of them it shows that something isn't right.

Joni

Anarky is the true hero of the show. He completely destroyed Darhk's plan, even killed his wife and survived a battle against Oliver (who killed Ra's), Thea and Diggle, while fighting against them at the same time. Dude's OP as hell.
I hope they bring him to the Dahrk fight. Should help Thea kill daddy.

- J - D -

Gotta love Dwarf Star Alloy, the incredible material of plot-dependent properties that is at times extremely durable and resistant to most known forms of damage, but is also extremely combustible if set aflame by a poorly aimed arrow to some gas canisters.

So I've been wondering forever now, why did they put the idol back together to begin with, they should have pulverized the pieces and scattered them across the planet.

I like how there's no visual difference between Oliver killing in season 1 and now. Arrow in the chest killed them back then, now it doesn't.

And that shaky cam ruins the choreography a little for me.
True, but how much better is it that nobody is talking about darkness and relationship lies while he slams someone's head into a wall 3 times?

Nibiru

Banned
So I've been wondering forever now, why did they put the idol back together to begin with, they should have pulverized the pieces and scattered them across the planet.

The season has been so bad and this shit was the nail in the coffin. I thought I couldn't face-palm more than when Felicity just got up and walked out of the apartment after her legs started working again but seeing the idol in a glass case on display was just unreal.

A you tube compilation of the terrible idiocy of this season would be hours long.

Effect

So finally watched the latest episode over the weekend. I just didn't feel a need to watch it live last week. I'm sick of both Smoak women on this show. Not just annoyed but I've run out of tolerance for them both. I don't want to see them or hear their voices, etc. We're at the penultimate episode of the season and it seemed more focused on the damn Smoak family drama than the actual threat from the season big bad. It even ends with the big bad not going after the "hero" but said family which will make them the focus of the season finale. Ugh. Yes it was mixed together but what stood out was the family drama and not in a good way.

I said after they killed Black Canary that I'd let how the season ends decide if I'll even bother with season 5. I've yet to see anything really that has made me think season 5 could be better. Even that Diggle focused episode ultimately crashed for me due to Felicity's involvement. It's looking more and more likely that I this will be it and I'll be removing it from my DVR. Which for me is the end for me following a show. Shows I've removed rarely return to being added back or watched again. The last episode has to be OMG amazing for me to change my mind and I doubt it comes anywhere close to that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Red Hood Tommy for S5 or bust.

Unfortunately his actor has been scooped up by the other big interconnected universe: NBC's Chicago Expanded Universe.

Though they could probably go the Zoom route with him and have him under the hood for for most of his screen time.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

- J - D -

They'll bring back fake Canary for sure, someday. It'll be a stealth backdoor pilot for Birds of Prey. (It took me a while to realize that Evelyn Sharp is supposed to be Evelyn Crawford. maybe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom