• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_ns5xnceKBQ1rkf4dx_500.gif

Is that cigarette CGI?

Gvitor

I'd take Oliver not seeing Slade plant cameras any day over Season 3.

But who knows, maybe it gets better in a binge watch...
Who am I kidding?

I'd take Oliver not seeing Slade plant cameras any day over Season 3.

But who knows, maybe it gets better in a binge watch...
Who am I kidding?

Its does. Instead of sitting on potential plot lines turning bad from week to week, it makes it slightly better.

Kyoufu

The first half was pretty bad too though, the Sara killer arc dragged out needlessly.

Agreed, but watching the first half of that season I could look up at the stars and see hope and a future, full of light. The half ended really nicely too and I was looking forward to the second half...

but then... it went into the pit. Everything was lost.

Joni

4x7 summary:

ARROW 4.07 “Brotherhood” (November 18): Team Green Arrow’s ongoing battle with Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) is complicated by a shocking revelation. Thea’s (Willa Holland) bloodlust returns and she loses control in front of Alex (guest star Parker Young).
He is Felicity's father! Or he is working with Vandal Savage.

Joni

I'm gonna be so mad if Wendy was lying.
She writes for The CW. Keeping secrets and lying is her bread and butter.

And it seems like Darhk isn't even in charge of HIVE like a lot of us first assumed due to his interactions in #403, it seems likely that Savage is and Darhk is a senior agent.
I'm expecting something like Alias where the charismatic senior enemy agent ends up backstabbing all the people above him to become the leader.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Thinking on it, this was a far better episode than the previous few. The comedy beats felt leagues more natural, the emotional drama was probably the least contrived that the show has had in a long-ass time, and the action (while still blandly shot and staged) actually felt like it was up against an actual enemy with motivations as opposed to just another unengaging brawl with generic goons. Like the action in this show has been so uninteresting for so long, actually having a scenario with a cool setup is so fucking refreshing.

Stephen Amell actually gave a solid performance on all fronts, and the confrontation between Oliver and Detective Lance (who also had alot of great moments) was solid. I wish when Ollie told him about running for Mayor, he was met with a more pronounced "Haha... Wait... You're serious? I mean, do you have a campaign manager? What platform are you running on?" Just lean into twisting that knife, because the bit between Ollie telling his crew was actually pretty great.

The only thing that didn't work was Katie Cassidy. Her interaction with Sara felt so naive and uninterested. Not to mention her little "gotcha" line in the final fight... eh.

Oh, and the flashbacks. Bleh, the flashbacks.

This episode overall felt like an appropriate blend for what you'd hope this show could be. People just aren't being obnoxious downers like they always tend to be, whining about "secrets" and other contrived bullshit. Team Arrow felt like a team, whether it be Ollie and Laurel swinging down onto a van, or Dig and Thea setting a trap.

EDIT: Also, Diggle needs a codename. And if we ain't going with Daddy Diggle (or at times Downer Diggle), I suggest Bullet.

strafer

Episodes 8 of both Flash and Arrow, November 24th and 25th.

Arrow's crossover episode is called "Legends of Yesterday", so I'm absolutely clueless as to what it could be about. Damn those subtle CW writers!

they're going back in time to see Old Flash and Old Green Arrow

Volimar

Just got around to watching the episode.

Was good to see Tara again.

If all the cops were this well trained they wouldn't be fodder to every baddie in the city.

Laurel getting tased was shit acting.

I wish they'd get on with Ray coming back considering he's definitely the one behind the phone and probably the flickering new lair.

Some good acting from chesthair.

Dumbasses used real drugs and didn't have a tracker on them?

ZeroX03

Banned
Listening to The Flash soundtrack, so good. Just remembered how badly I want The Arrow soundtrack for Ray's theme. It's really heroic.

Blader

Finally caught up. This season is fun and funny in a way that it hasn't been since... ever? The show has definitely taken some good tonal cues from The Flash this year.

Kyoufu

Season 4 is so awesome up there with season 1 and 2 season 3 was a mess but had its moments

This has a long way to go before it's as good as season 1 and 2.

What ruins it for me is that Oliver has so many sidekicks now that it's overcrowded. I enjoyed the show much more when he was a solo Vigilante with the odd help from Sara.

Not a bad season even though some things don't make any sense.

maxcriden

Episodes 8 of both Flash and Arrow, November 24th and 25th.

Arrow's crossover episode is called "Legends of Yesterday", so I'm absolutely clueless as to what it could be about. Damn those subtle CW writers!

Sure is subtle, like you said. Haha. I guess I will have to watch a single episode of Arrow...thanks for the info!

Blader

This has a long way to go before it's as good as season 1 and 2.

What ruins it for me is that Oliver has so many sidekicks now that it's overcrowded. I enjoyed the show much more when he was a solo Vigilante with the odd help from Sara.

Not a bad season even though some things don't make any sense.

I would rather have Laurel and Thea as active members of the plot who can (relatively) fend for themselves and display some urgency than spin them off their pointless melodramatic subplot bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom