• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The ratings rose for Arrow:

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/05/arrow-ratings-rise-with-constantine-guest-appearance/

While most shows saw a ratings decrease on Wednesday night, Arrow was one of the few shows that showed a ratings increase. Arrow’s ratings rise was likely driven by a guest appearance by Matt Ryan reprising his role as Constantine from the canceled NBC series.

Arrow scored a 1.0 rating in key demographics and 2.57 million viewers. This was a 10% increase over the previous week, which saw a 0.9 rating for Arrow. The 1.0 rating is just short of the season 4 premiere rating of 1.1, which had been the highest ratings since the series premiere.

In general, it seems Season 4 of Arrow is being well-received by fans, so ratings are looking strong for the fourth season. It should also be noted that the Constantine episode was able to drive a ratings increase, despite being leaked early online.

Oh, and to the poster who mentioned someone needing to die before there is room on Team Arrow, for Curtis...

I mean... it can't be a coincidence that Diggle's helmet opens to the shape of a "T", right?

I fully expect it to somehow play into our Mr. Terrific origin.

Tabby

Oh, and to the poster who mentioned someone needing to die before there is room on Team Arrow, for Curtis...

I mean... it can't be a coincidence that Diggle's helmet opens to the shape of a "T", right?

I fully expect it to somehow play into our Mr. Terrific origin.

But then again, do we really need 2 geniuses on the team? Think about it.

Fun episode.

Nice to see Matt Ryan on a show worthy of his performance for a change.

I enjoyed Feral Sarah.

We need more Dig and Chesthair team-ups.

Laurel continues to be the worst.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Although i am liking this season, i just dislike the fact that these past and upcoming episodes are used to promote a new show. I am really hyped for LOT, but damn they should not spend that much time building up the next show.

I definitely agree with this. Crossovers are fine, but let Arrow and Flash each be their own things.

Luigi87

Part of the reason I'm concerned about the Legends of Tomorrow building is it will lead to Vandal Savage, a major player as a DC villain, showing up eventually, but it's like Ollie and Barry will be "Well, too busy with Damien / Zoom, so you guys handle it."

I mean, I know Rip Hunter shows up to explain this stuff, but still.
Did Constantine get canceled?

Yeah, NBC cancelled after one season. They still hold the license though.

Part of the reason I'm concerned about the Legends of Tomorrow building is it will lead to Vandal Savage, a major player as a DC villain, showing up eventually, but it's like Ollie and Barry will be "Well, too busy with Damien / Zoom, so you guys handle it."

I mean, I know Rip Hunter shows up to explain this stuff, but still.

Yeah, NBC cancelled after one season. They still hold the license though.

Constantine is a show that would of been better of on a cable television network like FX or AMC.

Luigi87

Constantine is a show that would of been better of on a cable television network like FX or AMC.
Most definitely. However it's seemingly that many networks are trying to jump on the comic book hero show, and are licensing characters to make series that may not necessarily work well with scheduling or fit that network's demographic.

Yeah, it was rushed but it was still nice to see Matt Ryan play the role again, still hoping he gets added to the second season of Legends of Tomorrow.

Constantine, Slade, Nyssa, Vixen, Dr. Light and Jay Garrick vs Nekron.

Guest appearance by King Shark when the budget allows it. Patty Spivot as Hot Pursuit if Flash ditches her after this season.

I know I'm super behind, but I'm watching the third episode and man, how glad I am that the writers finally gave Felicity some balls again (so to speak). Her sitting Oliver and Diggle down to solve their issues was just great. Her whiny persona I'm the last season was unbearable.

I also chuckle at the thought that Nanda Parbat is few miles away from Star City. Like, right around the corner. Anyway, good episode so far.

Best episode in some time. Really enjoyed Constantine's cameo, although him being on the island was annoying.

Hope we see a lot more of him going forward. Need him to become a recurring character.

Johndoey

Banned
Just watched it. Kill everyone else on the show and make Matt Ryan the star. He deserves another chance. The episode should've been 90% Constantine as opposed to what we got.

I love Ryan so much

Damn they made Zatanna really handsome in this episode.

All jokes aside, really liked the Constantine bits, they should give that guy a show. Teehee.

Magic DC. ;(

So aside from nobody noticing the gravedigging of Sara and it not being reported to her dad, how did they ship a body out of the city to wherever the league is?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So aside from nobody noticing the gravedigging of Sara and it not being reported to her dad, how did they ship a body out of the city to wherever the league is?

I always assumed that they were flying there in private jets. Thea and Merlyn at the very least we're doing that last season.

And at this point, Sara's grave was empty, then she actually died so they had to sneak her body in it, then it had to be dug up. It's a hot spot of Star City lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Nan Da Parbot is just around the corner from their headquarters, right next to the Circle K.

Here comes episode five and oh boy. On one hand it's absolutely bullshit that Constantine was on the island. What is this, Lost? On the other hand, I screamed like a girl, when he mumbled his first words. I'm clearly conflicted about this.

E: Still watching. Lance clearly described how Dhark has the ability to follow and spy on people, wherever they go ("he took pictures of Laurel...") and yet it doesn't come to mind that he could do the same on him?

Laurel calling Oliver out on his hypocrisy was beautiful.

God, I love Constantine's accent, but a fucking hatch now, too? Seriously?!

Constantine jumping in like that to get her soul back was kinda lame, but only because there wasn't enough of him. Every show would be a big improvement with more Matt Ryan as Constantine.
Nan Da Parbot is just around the corner from their headquarters, right next to the Circle K.

Was that before or after the Belly Burger? I can never remember.

infi

Here comes episode five and oh boy. On one hand it's absolutely bullshit that Constantine was on the island. What is this, Lost? On the other hand, I screamed like a girl, when he mumbled his first words. I'm clearly conflicted about this.

I rolled my eyes when he first appeared on the island in the flashback but more Constantine is always good so I'll accept it.

ZeroX03

Banned
http://imgur.com/a/lhWGe

AZINeev.jpg

zSw2s4e.jpg

Platy

He ... didn't smoke on television xD

Also, the "if I knew you would be surrounded by beautiful GIRLS" kinda hurt with me =|
They could have used people and nobody would have noticed =/

ZeroX03

Banned
He ... didn't smoke on television xD

Also, the "if I knew you would be surrounded by beautiful GIRLS" kinda hurt with me =|
They could have used people and nobody would have noticed =/

In Constantine's defense, the men in the room were taken while there were three single ladies.

Kyoufu

Tommy is alive isn't he? Constantine used the restoration spell a year ago. Wasn't that when Malcolm moved into Nanda Parbat? He must have thrown Tommy into the pit.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tommy is alive isn't he? Constantine used the restoration spell a year ago. Wasn't that when Malcolm moved into Nanda Parbat? He must have thrown Tommy into the pit.

It's most likely a reference to episode #6 of Constantine where he returns a man's soul to his body, which was just under a year ago.

Effect

Watched it again and I really enjoyed that diss at NBC. Not sure if others caught it but the peacock feather Constantine used to scratched his back was a jab at NBC (peacock is their logo) and a way of saying they stabbed Constantine in the back.

Edit:

Seems others have come to this conclusion as well in various places. The scene doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Kyoufu

Watched it again and I really enjoyed that diss at NBC. Not sure if others caught it but the peacock feather Constantine used to scratched his back was a jab at NBC (peacock is their logo) and a way of saying they stabbed Constantine in the back.

Damn.

I didn't get that part at all and thought it was just typical Arrow humour crap but this changes everything!

Nelo Ice

Banned
So S4 is good? I binged watched the 1st 2 seasons on Netflix and am debating if I should watch S3 or just watch certain episodes like the crossovers then skip to S4.

Kyoufu

So S4 is good? I binged watched the 1st 2 seasons on Netflix and am debating if I should watch S3 or just watch certain episodes like the crossovers then skip to S4.

Just stop watching. Leave on a high. It's all downhill from S3 onwards.

S4 isn't bad but it's nowhere near as good as S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom