• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Constantine role was incredibly sloppy and forced. Plot convenience theater. So hes on the island too. Fine. He shows up and everything after is done as quickly as possible. Nothing was really earned. Might as well have snapped his fingers and have Sarah be back to normal so they could focus on her. Bringing a character back to life should have dire consequences.

FjINy3W.gif

Not so agile without your parachute pants, Thea!

White&Black

Neo Member
So S4 is good? I binged watched the 1st 2 seasons on Netflix and am debating if I should watch S3 or just watch certain episodes like the crossovers then skip to S4.

This season is better than the last one. I think it will be close to season two unless it goes downhill after these five episodes.

ZeroX03

Banned
I thought Constantine role was incredibly sloppy and forced. Plot convenience theater. So hes on the island too. Fine. He shows up and everything after is done as quickly as possible. Nothing was really earned. Might as well have snapped his fingers and have Sarah be back to normal so they could focus on her. Bringing a character back to life should have dire consequences.

She still has the lust for Thea. Also she wants to kill her.

Maddocks

Loved the episode, even if everything was kind fast.

my friend had to point out to me the use of a dead peacock feather to scratch the itch. I was oh shit, I didn't even think about that being a nbc joke. Solid episode all around and with luck he will be back on the show, after all it wasn't like they exchanged phone numbers on the island so it leads to him being in more flashbacks.

Dahbomb

That was probably the most realistic stunt in the series of Arrow and something that could actually happen.

Girl trying to run away while already being severely injured then tries to do parkour shit over a stair railing and fails into a spectacular fall.

That went about as one would expect.

Anyway this gif is saved for future epic fails.

Kyoufu

It's good. Kyoufu is just being a downer.

I love Arrow and will watch it every week but honestly, it's just so bland now.

The intro sucks, The Arrow sucks unless he's in a Flash crossover episode, Laurel really really sucks, Felicity's constant joke cracking sucks and belongs in a Joss Whedon movie instead.

I think the villain of this season and Lance are my two favourite things. The rest is lackluster.

Not so agile without your parachute pants, Thea!
It's a series. It may have dire consequences that turn up later. Let it play out.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This season is better than the last one. I think it will be close to season two unless it goes downhill after these five episodes.

It's good. Kyoufu is just being a downer.

S4 is really good so far.

Hmm well any episodes I should catch from S3 before I jump to S4? Comic book shows have me by the balls so I'm like desperate to watch anything while waiting for the next episode of Flash and Agents of Shield haha.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wonder if Arrow is still allowed to use Katana? We know Harley and Deadshot are off limits but Wallet seemingly isn't.

Hmm well any episodes I should catch from S3 before I jump to S4? Comic book shows have me by the balls so I'm like desperate to watch anything while waiting for the next episode of Flash and Agents of Shield haha.

I'd say just marathon S3. A lot of the issues with it will be less apparent if watched without breaks. #308 and #309 in particular are great, I really like #314 too but I don't think many agree.

I mean yeah Arrow hasn't been great in awhile but I honestly don't see flash being any better.

Both are pretty dumb shows, Flash just has cringeworthy science talk and arrow has cringeworthy everything.

Luigi87

I wonder if Arrow is still allowed to use Katana? We know Harley and Deadshot are off limits but Wallet seemingly isn't.

I've always wondered why DC is so obsessed with limiting their franchises when they have another major project lined up. Just like when the DCAU suddenly couldn't use Aquaman in Justice League Unlimited because they were going to make that Aquaman TV series.

... do they really think the general public are that stupid that it would confuse them too much?
I mean sure, people are stupid, but gotta give them some credit.

Platy

Watched it again and I really enjoyed that diss at NBC. Not sure if others caught it but the peacock feather Constantine used to scratched his back was a jab at NBC (peacock is their logo) and a way of saying they stabbed Constantine in the back.

....you are into something

This one right here is so on point with that scene. Had me hitting my head against the desk.

Laurel is still the worst character on the show. But I will not blame her for going against EVERYTHING including common sense to revive Sara because Laurel was only a vessel to the writers need to ensemble the Legends of Tomorrow cast

Joni

They never made a huge point of her being Katana so that might be a life-saver for the character. The actress does seem be being back in Japan for filming so that might be a practical problem.

Corpekata

Banned
I think this might be the first show or movie to have a fight end with someone grabbing a broken piece of glass and just clubbing their attacker with it.

jurgen

...did anyone called the number on John's card ?

Not on the US, but I am curious

It's the same phone number from the NBC show, which is a good touch from Arrow's showrunners. It's a voicemail greeting for him. It changed from week to week while that show was running.

My favorite was "This is John Constantine. If you're looking for Alec Holland, try the bloody swamp!"

ZeroX03

Banned
It's the same phone number from the NBC show, which is a good touch from Arrow's showrunners. It's a voicemail greeting for him. It changed from week to week while that show was running.

My favorite was "This is John Constantine. If you're looking for Alec Holland, try the bloody swamp!"

The Arrow showrunners got in touch with the props guy from Constantine to make sure everything was authentic. Can't have our boy using the wrong lighter can we?

DeathyBoy

Banned
They never made a huge point of her being Katana so that might be a life-saver for the character. The actress does seem be being back in Japan for filming so that might be a practical problem.

Why would she be back, in canon, anyway? When she was around Oliver in the past her son died and husband fled to be an assassin, when she was around Oliver in the past she had to kill her husband. Then Oliver put his own guy in charge of the LOA, the man who arranged for his sister to be responsible for murder. She's better off miles away from that crazy shit.

ZeroX03

Banned
Question: When will we learn who is in the grave from the Arrow season premiere? —Kyle
Ausiello: Though the producers are being purposefully vague about the timing of that reveal, here’s something to at least whet your whistle. Co-showrunner Wendy Mericle told Matt Mitovich, “There might be” additional flash-forwards “here and there… right around midseason,” that certainly will add to the “Who dies?” mystery. “We’re definitely toying with that,” the EP added, “and when and if we do decide to do that, it will reveal even more pertinent information about not who’s going to be in the grave but certainly where our characters are when that [death] happens.”

From TVLine.

Apt101

I watched the ep tonight for Constantine. Haven't seen this show in a long time, but has it always been so campy? I mean it has its charm. It was fun.

ZeroX03

Banned
I watched the ep tonight for Constantine. Haven't seen this show in a long time, but has it always been so campy? I mean it has its charm. It was fun.

They lightened the tone a bit for season four. Season three went super melodrama and people did not respond well.

This season has been soooo much better than Season 3 so far, lol. Oliver is funny for once!

The tone this season is already much better.

I felt SO DAMN bad for Thea's stunt double during the whole scene with Sara. She got tossed the fuck around like a ragdoll.

But it was so much fun to watch and I don't mean in the sense that Thea is finally getting the shit kicked out of her. But it just looked great along with the music that was played in that scene.

I've always wondered why DC is so obsessed with limiting their franchises when they have another major project lined up. Just like when the DCAU suddenly couldn't use Aquaman in Justice League Unlimited because they were going to make that Aquaman TV series.

... do they really think the general public are that stupid that it would confuse them too much?
I mean sure, people are stupid, but gotta give them some credit.

I agree but on the other hand I've seen quite a few people confused over Supergirl, having the same production company as Arrow and Flash I can kind of understand but the ones getting confused with MoS is a head scratcher.

Shaanyboi

Banned

I was pretty into this moment, and not from a "Haha fuck Thea" sort of way.

It's refreshing to see these characters take some actual damage and get fucked up rather than "AH I GOT STABBED..." *shrug*

Just stop watching. Leave on a high. It's all downhill from S3 onwards.

S4 isn't bad but it's nowhere near as good as S2.

S2 wasn't firing on all cylinders from the get go. That shit ramped up.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So S4 is good? I binged watched the 1st 2 seasons on Netflix and am debating if I should watch S3 or just watch certain episodes like the crossovers then skip to S4.

just switch to The Flash and you're set... Arrow S2 was the peak, and there isn't much of a point to stick around except to see the characters you like act in stupid ways

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I think this has been a great series so far and I am enjoying this season being all mystical/magic focused and so fourth.

Never understood what was so great about the Flash, it's an enjoyable show sure, I'm watching it, but it's still dumb and cringeworthy and yeah Season 3 of Arrow was mostly garbage, it happens.

Never understood what was so great about the Flash, it's an enjoyable show sure, I'm watching it, but it's still dumb and cringeworthy and yeah Season 3 of Arrow was mostly garbage, it happens.

Both shows are "dumb". None of the them try to be The Sopranos of comic book shows. But the flash is Taylor Swift dumb and Arrow Season 3 is Linkin Park dumb. You can have fun with one, when it's on, but never really care about it, while the other is just mopey and annoying and you keep asking yourself how you got into it in the first place.

Well I don't have that kinda love hate relationship with it. I always liked the show for the action scenes, which have become more gimmicky but still entertaining.

It helps not caring the slightest what happens to and with Laurel, can someone just shiv her?

Flash is too, well, OP for my tastes on the other hand and the show barely ever manages to build any tension because of it.

Joni

don't lump me with that crazy - The Flash has been amazing since day 1, Arrow S3 was widely panned and even though S4 has been better it's not worth the 20 hour investment of S3
Still crazy. S3 is enjoyable, the problems aren't as serious as people here claim, and while it was "widely panned", the ratings showed how "panned" it was in general by more people watching the show.

Still crazy. S3 is enjoyable, the problems aren't as serious as people here claim, and while it was "widely panned", the ratings showed how "panned" it was in general by more people watching the show.

To add on to this post, S3 was wasted potential if anything with most of the cast and being too melodramatic.

S4 is undoing that by being more fun and most drama is resolved within a episode.

and we get Lance/Oliver scenes that were pretty good to.

To add on to this post, S3 was wasted potential if anything with most of the cast and being too melodramatic.

S4 is undoing that by being more fun and most drama is resolved within a episode.

Yup. It's not like season 3 was Heroes season 3 levels of bad. There was a lot of potential in last season of Arrow, and some of it was used very well. After all, we get an awesome Ray Palmer out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom