• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
S4 has been good so far .
Yeah S3 had problems but some people make them a much bigger deal than they were .
Also TV shows will always have ups and downs so it no big deal .
As for flash i still enjoying it but not as much as first season maybe because of the lack of Wells .
Tom Cavanagh was huge part of that .

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FjINy3W.gif

I actually liked this scene very much, very tense and gripping. Crazy Sara is best Sara.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i know you guys are S3 apologists but this show turned to straight doo doo butter last year

S4 has been much more fun, which i am enjoying

Pilgrimzero

Finally watched it. Not enough Constantine.

My biggest nit is Ollie tells John about magically powered Dhark and Constantine doesn't even offer to stay and help. Magic vs magic right?

Chariot

Finally watched it. Not enough Constantine.

My biggest nit is Ollie tells John about magically powered Dhark and Constantine doesn't even offer to stay and help. Magic vs magic right?
Yeah, that's pretty weird. They should've dropped something about Constantine needed to be somewhere else at something more dangerous.

Platy

But Flash is just as mediocre, and not any less dumb and cringeworthy

It is better because it ACEPTS that is dumb and therefore is not cringeworthy or mediocre

Does not try to be all dark and serious while having magic and ressurrection and stuff. Flash goes like "you want dumb ? here is a big man shark"

Yeah, that's pretty weird. They should've dropped something about Constantine needed to be somewhere else at something more dangerous.

I would think people won't need to be told that he has other things to do .
Still that is one of the problems of having a shared universe and doing cross over like this .

It is better because it ACEPTS that is dumb and therefore is not cringeworthy or mediocre

Does not try to be all dark and serious while having magic and ressurrection and stuff. Flash goes like "you want dumb ? here is a big man shark"

Expect then they go and try to explain it with science, cringeworthy.

And whats up with the "Its dangerous to go alone. Take this tattoo. Itll save the day when its most convenient."

Everything was far too rushed for this crossover.

GulAtiCa

A bunch of debbie downers in here. Arrow & Flash are awesome. If you think the shows suck, perhaps it's time to take a break..

Chariot

I would think people won't need to be told that he has other things to do .
Still that is one of the problems of having a shared universe and doing cross over like this .
It takes like 10 seconds to make it more round.

"Are you sticking around, we could need your expertise."
"I would, but I actually need to get back to some other green guy."
And whats up with the "Its dangerous to go alone. Take this tattoo. Itll save the day when its most convenient."

Everything was far too rushed for this crossover.
Yeah, I hate when movies or series do that. Just tell, it can't be hurt that much. In the worst case he doesn't know when to use it and just dies. Jesus.

Both flash and arrow are comic books shows so you have to expect a certain level of BS in certain areas .
Arrow as the seasons went on and they start adding more comic book like stuff that sort of thing is going to happen .

Still i agree with people this ep was rush and should have been a 2 part eps .

It takes like 10 seconds to make it more round.

"Are you sticking around, we could need your expertise."
"I would, but I actually need to get back to some other green guy.

I don't think it matter truth be told .
It's not like it's flash where we know he always around .
You can always ask why can't he be back after he finish with what ever he doing .

Chariot

You can't hide behind being a comic book adoptions when it comes to bad writing. We're not complain about a guy running around with a bow and arrow or magic existing, we're complaining about shoddy writing.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Constantine not sticking around to fight is actually in-character for him.

Dude is kind of a dick.

You can't hide behind being a comic book adoptions when it comes to bad writing. We're not complain about a guy running around with a bow and arrow or magic existing, we're complaining about shoddy writing.

It's not a matter of bad writing it just a matter of how certain things going to work out .

Yeah, I loved seeing Constantine again, but it was way too rushed. That said, I made sense that he's all like "good luck with that, kthxbye". Was it confirmed to be the only episode with him?

Chariot

I don't think it matter truth be told .
It's not like it's flash where we know he always around .
You can always ask why can't he be back after he finish with what ever he doing .
Just let his off-screen business go on longer than the Arrow plot. Done.
He was already in Starling and didn't seem in a hurry. There was no reason for Olli not to ask the expert in magic to help out in a battle against magic.

Constantine not sticking around to fight is actually in-character for him.

Dude is kind of a dick.
They could used that too. All it needed was Olli asking and Constatine refusing.

It's not a matter of bad writing it just a matter of how certain things going to work out .
What does that even mean, your post is a bit vague.

Just let his off-screen business go on longer than the Arrow plot. Done.
He was already in Starling and didn't seem in a hurry. There was no reason for Olli not to ask the expert in magic to help out in a battle against magic.

The point is we won't know \be seeing what his off screen business is so what does it matter .
Does it need to be spell out that he busy with other stuff ?
Also he gave him some advice which was to run .
Don't think he was in star city .

What does that even mean, your post is a bit vague.

I mean it's best not to think to deep into certain things or the shows fall apart .

Penguin

CW is going to have to spin off its own superhero network

Arrow
Flash
Legends of Tomorrow

Throw in Supernatural and theyre on their way.

Looking at their ratings... it would be a good move for them really

I'd imagine re-runs of Smallville would probably do better than some of their first run shows

Effect

CW is going to have to spin off its own superhero network

Arrow
Flash
Legends of Tomorrow

Throw in Supernatural and theyre on their way.

Don't forget iZombie. They do have enough shows. Vampire Diaries and The Originals as well. For older shows they could re-air Smallville and canceled stuff like The Tomorrow People. Then there is The 100 to add some scifi.

Honestly the stuff like Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are the things that seem like they don't belong now. Which is crazy because those shows are pretty much what The CW used to be about and stuff like Supernatural were the odd ones.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Looking at their ratings... it would be a good move for them really

I'd imagine re-runs of Smallville would probably do better than some of their first run shows

I bet they're a little scared of being as deep with superhero stuff as is. If interest in superheros wanes, they're screwed.

Plus, CBS would be getting radioactived out of the network.

Kyoufu

Don't forget iZombie. They do have enough shows. Vampire Diaries and The Originals as well. For older shows they could re-air Smallville and canceled stuff like The Tomorrow People. Then there is The 100 to add some scifi.

Honestly the stuff like Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are the things that seem like they don't belong now. Which is crazy because those shows are pretty much what The CW used to be about and stuff like Supernatural were the odd ones.

I can't wait for season 3 of The 100. CW's best series atm :3

CW gets a lot of hate but they do have a good lineup of shows.

So for all the talk about season 3 of Arrow being bad, at least it wasn't season 4 of Buffy bad. We should count ourselves lucky that there's a long way to go before the show hits rock bottom.

DeathyBoy

Banned
So for all the talk about season 3 of Arrow being bad, at least it wasn't season 4 of Buffy bad. We should count ourselves lucky that there's a long way to go before the show hits rock bottom.

Man, Beer Bad was the worst. It actually made me want to drink a beer to spite the episode. And then I did.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I enjoyed season 4 of Buffy. Some of the early episodes are rough and different, but still enjoyable. More Anya & Spike. :)

The best is amazing, the worst is hideous. But yeah, Hush is a Goddamn masterpiece however you slice it. Joss really took some ridiculous chances back then (silent episode, musical episode) that just weren't done at the time.

I enjoyed season 4 of Buffy. Some of the early episodes are rough and different, but still enjoyable. More Anya & Spike. :)

I'll agree it had one or two good standalone episodes. The problem is that the overall package was awful.

And sure, it had Anya and Spike, but they were balanced out by having Riley and whatever the awful fuck the big bad was.

It's ok though, because every other season of Buffy was pretty much amazing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm one of the few Buffy fans that actually didn't mind Season 4. It has some of the worst episodes in the series, but I it freshened things up having Buffy and Willow in college. Explored some new territory with those characters. And as for the Big Bad, Adam, I actually dug the whole nihilist Frankenstein thing. Now Season 4 of Angel...that was rough, especially the second half. The entire arc just didn't work.

WB/CW does have a pretty nice catalog of shows these days. They definitely changed the game with their tightly paced genre shows. You watch something like Vampire Diaries and they don't waste any time with reveals or arcs, same for The 100.

I'm one of the few Buffy fans that actually didn't mind Season 4. It has some of the worst episodes in the series, but I it freshened things up having Buffy and Willow in college. Explored some new territory with those characters. And as for the Big Bad, Adam, I actually dug the whole nihilist Frankenstein thing. Now Season 4 of Angel...that was rough, especially the second half. The entire arc just didn't work.

WB/CW does have a pretty nice catalog of shows these days. They definitely changed the game with their tightly paced genre shows. You watch something like Vampire Diaries and they don't waste any time with reveals or arcs, same for The 100.

Doing a secret ops military organization on their budget was impossible. It was so cheap. You had commandos prowling the bushes and they were all 22 years old. I didnt buy it then and I cant now.

Platy

The best is amazing, the worst is hideous. But yeah, Hush is a Goddamn masterpiece however you slice it. Joss really took some ridiculous chances back then (silent episode, musical episode) that just weren't done at the time.

Yeah it has 2 of my favorite buffy episodes of all time.

The bad ones kinda drag down but still like more than season 1, for example

DeathyBoy

Banned
Doing a secret ops military organization on their budget was impossible. It was so cheap. You had commandos prowling the bushes and they were all 22 years old. I didnt buy it then and I cant now.

The thing that got me was they were all trained to deal with monsters... and all absolutely sucked. Like yeah, they were never going to do it better than Buffy... but holy shit were they incompetent for people trained day in and day out.

Kyoufu

I feel like Arrow peaked in season 2 and there's nothing left for him to give us.

Everyone knows Arrow's identity, so there's no element of secrecy regarding a Superhero and his friends. All of his friends became his sidekicks, so who is he even protecting anymore? I don't even remember Arrow doing anything this season

I feel like Arrow isn't even needed in his own damn show.

Writers please. Please save Arrow.

WedgeX

Banned
I feel like Arrow peaked in season 2 and there's nothing left for him to give us.

Everyone knows Arrow's identity, so there's no element of secrecy regarding a Superhero and his friends. All of his friends became his sidekicks, so who is he even protecting anymore? I don't even remember Arrow doing anything this season

He's got to save This City because it went through the whole Detroit transformation in about two seasons.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Well he'll soon be Mayor superhero which should be, if nothing else, hilariously stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom