• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

BokehKing

Banned
It's pretty transparent now that the person who does is

captain lance

Too many words and phrases being used is pointing there

Time to watch the new episode! I wonder how they'll bring Constantine into this. Maybe he's just chilling in Star Ci-

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

THEY HAD HIS DUMB ASS ON THE ISLAND

I can't

Time to watch the new episode! I wonder how they'll bring Constantine into this. Maybe he's just chilling in Star Ci-

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

I can't

i've been contemplating skipping these basura flashbacks but if they keep doing this with new characters I might have to sit through them smh

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

I can't

They did a decent enough job with it, but I was hoping he'd be an old college drinking buddy of Oliver's and have nothing to do with the Island.

I'm fucking dying
They just had the dummy on the goddamn island. This is some Peak Arrow

i've been contemplating skipping these basura flashbacks but if they keep doing this with new characters I might have to sit through them smh

But now we don't have to deal with Shitty Flashback Hair Ollie!

They did a decent enough job with it, but I was hoping he'd be an old college drinking buddy of Oliver's and have nothing to do with the Island.

That would've made a ton more sense, but that wouldn't be Arrow, dammit

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

I can't

Martian Manhunter next season.

Diggle: "Holy shit! What is that?"

Felicity: "Tests say it's not of this world."

Ollie: "Aliens are real. I wasn't alone on that island."

*Flashback*

Ollie: "Why are you here?"

J'onn: "This island is a hotbed of alien activity..."

*Flashback*

I hope this becomes a recurring joke where the cast just roll their eyes as soon as he says he wasn't alone on the island.

Ollie: Diggle, there's something I forgot to tell you about my time on the island...

*Diggle isn't even listening anymore, just jamming to Skrillex*

Kadayi

Banned
I didn't see any of the series but I liked the character. They probably could of done with having him in more episodes though as the implication seemed to be that they were more familiar with each other than that one encounter on the island judging by how they talked on the phone.

Luigi87

*Flashback*

dead2.gif

Tugatrix

*Flashback*

giphy.gif

I couldn't resist and had to see how the show was going, improved but still can't get to s1/s2 levels of quality which is a shame

Christ, this was a silly episode. Even besides them shoe horning Constantine into both plots, it was just super low budge. Really stretching hard to use preexisting sets every episode....The ressurection realm scene was ridiculous, even for this show's standards.

That said, it's been a more entertaining start to the season than 3.

Chariot

*Flashback*

Remember this, guys? :D

Kyoufu

*Flashback*

This is cracking me up. :lol

Last episode was awesome and would've been much better had it been made a two parter for more Constantine silliness. I'm all for Arrow being silly and branching into crazy magic voodoo shit.

And while we're at it. I want some engaging Mayor Queen plotline to hit. Give him an opponent that's also an assassin, fuck bring Slade back for it. I don't care. Half the show can be about Oliver stumbling around a political campaign with scandals.

No, forget Slade. Let's get Etrigan in on this. Nothing is more silly than a politician that speaks only in rhymes. It'd be great.

Kyoufu

Oliver: "Diggle..."

Diggle: "What now Oliver??"

Oliver: "Sara and I weren't the only survivors... My previous driver was with us too"

Diggle: "So what?"

Oliver: "You're fired"

So I saw the latest episode and I liked it a lot. I LOVED that they put Constantine on the island.

My problem with the episode is that there's just SO much going on and backstory needed that events feel cut off entirely. Lance knocking out Diggle, Constantine's intro in the main timeline, and the aftermath of Sara's restoration all felt too quick cut and convenient. I would have preferred if they delayed the Diggle subplot and ATOM subplot for the next episode so the main Constantine stuff had room to breath.

Also I didn't finish watching Constantine (because I hated the show) but is the show officially in Arrowverse now? I didn't recognize any callback or official confirmation that it's in Arrowverse. Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Corpekata

Banned
Also I didn't finish watching Constantine (because I hated the show) but is the show officially in Arrowverse now? I didn't recognize any callback or official confirmation that it's in Arrowverse. Can anyone enlighten me, please?

It's meant to be vague. There's a reference to an earlier Constatine episode when he says he's done something similar to Sarah's restoration but for obvious reasons they don't want to say "everything is canon" because that might have large ramifications for the universe.

Sort of like how Supergirl has Superman existing but they don't go on and on about him fighting Lex Luthor, Braniac, etc because they don't want to commit to taking the specifics on as part of their universe.

ZeroX03

Banned
If the Constantine show is canon, that means Dr. Fate is canon.

If Dr. Fate is canon, that means we're absolutely getting Detective Chimp.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If the Constantine show is canon, that means Dr. Fate is canon.

If Dr. Fate is canon, that means we're absolutely getting Detective Chimp.

I would have been down for another season of Constantine if it meant getting one of the great detectives of the DC universe.

I wouldn't even want them to waste their CG budget. Just go full Doctor Who with it and explain that he communitcates via telepathy and use a real chimp.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Question needs to make an appearance.

It's a bit disappointing that we've had so many live action DC TV shows and there has never been an appearance by the Question.

Renee Montoya was in Season 1 of Gotham, but they completely squandered her character. Then again, that was during that show's rocky early days. I wouldn't mind seeing them take another crack at her since they've figured out what type of show they want to be now.

Question would be pretty hype.

And whatever, you all can keep ignoring my posts. I don't care. I'm gonna keeping demanding Zatanna and Etrigan.

Kevin

Man Constantine was such an awesome show that nobody gave a real chance too. Arrow episode just reminded me how bummed I am that it got canceled. Great to see Constantine one last time at least. :/

shoreu

Man, I miss the first season when Oliver was just a badass and it wasn't so complicated and he'd kill the bad guys. I'm sick of the whole group thing. Sometimes when they all fight crime or whatever together it looks like a bunch of wannabe superheroes. I guess I mostly just despise Laurel. Fuck she sucks. That little yell thing she does is silly. The fact that she took a boxing course with another superhero reject and thinks she's special is stupid. I HATE LAUREL. Wish they kept the old R'as. That actor really made him seem badass. I like Malcolm Merlin too. Wish they'd bring him back it.

Yeah i don't like laurel or thea. They give Ollie so much shit for keeping secrets then go and do something themselves. I don.t think she should be the canary either

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Constantine being on the island was eyerolling bad. Not everything has to be connected back to the island, this isn't LOST, dammit.

jb1234

Wow I didn't know Blake financed the score out of his own finance to get the music we know today with this universe.

It's distressingly common in the industry. Almost all composers would rather hear their music performed by live players rather than samples but the composer's fee is often the only thing the music budget can afford, especially in the CW shows. Samples always sound mechanical so composers will often pay out of pocket to bring in a session player (usually a string player) to give the music a human touch.

cg budget was probably the reason why they made that king shark appearance so short, but still it definitely surprised me. it's the best (and most outlandish) thing they've done with the effects yet. even moreso than grodd.

carlsojo

Just wait till they have to think of a reason for a giant man shark to be on The 100 to justify that King Shark apperance.

What if the "surprising ally" Iris brings in to fight Zoom this week.... is... KING MOTHERFUCKING SHARK.

Edit: HE'S A FUCKING SHARK

-Deimos

Flash FX team is just getting started, yo. Just wait until Legends of Tomorrow!

I'm talking about budget, just to be clear. King Shark must have been expensive as hell, but then again, Grodd actually made a decent amount of screen time. I was thinking that they couldn't afford a CG mask being applied for an entire episode but if they pulled off Grodd, maybe it's possible.

show just isnt the same without roy and his flips. i hope he can get into legends of tomorrow since thats where all the arrow/flash cast offs seem to be heading.

Chariot

It's a bit disappointing that we've had so many live action DC TV shows and there has never been an appearance by the Question.

Renee Montoya was in Season 1 of Gotham, but they completely squandered her character. Then again, that was during that show's rocky early days. I wouldn't mind seeing them take another crack at her since they've figured out what type of show they want to be now.
I'd like to start with Vic Sage, because the story of how he gives the mantle to Montoya and her character development was amazing.

wildfire

Banned
Guys Diggle's brother wasn't on the island. That's stupid.

Clearly Oliver was in Afghanistan.

Really? You ignore my point and then you throw out the "TV writers don't care or try"? Oh boy. Time to press that special little button I mentioned earlier.

C'mon, there has been good and bad stupid in this show since the beginning.

Wouldn't surprise me either

Well Oliver needs to establish better connections with the Russian mafia somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom