• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Slade wasn't really a scary villain, he just had that Swag and his island reputation. This is more like the Dark Archer who just whipped his ass without remorse.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Deathstroke was pretty bad ass. Darhk is not really intimidating enough yet. Im sure that will happen in the mid season finale though.

Darhk strangled Olle with two chains by just thinking it. I haven't seen Slade coming close to inflicting that kind of pain with that little effort. Imagine what happens when Darhk really starts applying himself, everything he's done so far are parlor tricks.

Tabby

Darhk strangled Olle with two chains by just thinking it. I haven't seen Slade coming close to inflicting that kind of pain with that little effort. Imagine what happens when Darhk really starts applying himself, everything he's done so far are parlor tricks.
It's like with Barry and Zoom, how are you going to beat him?

Call Constantine. That's how.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Barry does Darhk and Oliver does Zoom. Darhk is too slow for Barry and Oliver has those speed arrows he used to take down the Reverse Flash.

Barry is gonna do a speedmirage-lightningbolt combo on Darhk, while Team Arrow is going to rain Speed-inhibitor-arrows on Zoom.

Magwik

Banned
Barry does Darhk and Oliver does Zoom. Darhk is too slow for Barry and Oliver has those speed arrows he used to take down the Reverse Flash.
Zoom is like four times faster and better than reverse flash, Ollie has no chances. Also Dahrk would probably force choke the shit out of Barry and be done with it

Joni

Zoom is like four times faster and better than reverse flash, Ollie has no chances. Also Dahrk would probably force choke the shit out of Barry and be done with it
300-arrows-o.gif

Joni

It is a two week break by the way. Crossovers is on December 1st and 2nd.
Edit: can't count, 10 days, not full two weeks.

ZeroX03

Banned
Didn't realise the break was so long.

At least we're definitely getting a hype trailer, no way they'll go dark for two weeks.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

You've taken Ollie's magic spell he's got tattood on his sixpack out of the equation.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Finally caught the last episode. I liked it except for all the Sara stuff, which was just enough to seem like an afterthought. They should've wrapped her stuff up with Constantine.

Finally caught the last episode. I liked it except for all the Sara stuff, which was just enough to seem like an afterthought. They should've wrapped her stuff up with Constantine.

Would have been like Barry's dad: "Hey son, I'm outta prison and I'm also outta your life. Peace."

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Would have been like Barry's dad: "Hey son, I'm outta prison and I'm also outta your life. Peace."

In my mind, the entire Constantine episode would be restructured, but yeah the end result is the same. That can't be helped. At least moving her leaving into the Constantine episode would keep her arc contained with an episode about her.

Lumping her exit with the Ray rescue, made it feel superfluous.

Kyoufu

Yeah, Darhk is making Deathstroke look like a fuggin amateur.

How?

Darhk seems menacing but Deathstroke actually did stuff, like kill Oliver's mother, in the most cruel way possible too. Darhk hasn't done anything yet. In fact, he seems like a chump since he lost possession of Ray so easily in this episode. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a different show than some of you guys.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How?

Darhk seems menacing but Deathstroke actually did stuff, like kill Oliver's mother, for one. Darhk hasn't done anything yet. In fact, he seems like a chump since he lost possession of Ray so easily in this episode. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a different show than some of you guys.

Keep in mind the relative build ups. We didn't get Slade killing Moira until episode 20 of season 2.

At this same point in season 2, Slade hadn't even been revealed as being alive yet.

Frog-fu

Banned
Come on, guys, Deathstroke does not measure up to Darhk.

He was a cool villain because Manu Bennet is charismatic, but ultimately, he was just like Bane from the TDKR, only worse. He was just some friendzoned bitch made punk with misplaced anger issues.

We don't know much about Darhk yet, but so far, he is a much menacing and intimidating villain than Deathstroke.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Come on, guys, Deathstroke does not measure up to Darhk.

He was a cool villain because Manu Bennet is charismatic, but ultimately, he was just like Bane from the TDKR, only worse. He was just some friendzoned bitch made punk with misplaced anger issues.

We don't know much about Darhk yet, but so far, he is a much menacing and intimidating villain than Deathstroke.

The bolded bit. Right there.

Deathstroke was ruined for me as soon as his reasons were revealed. Went from one of the best TV villains in years to real fucboy in just two episodes. Tops.

Frog-fu

Banned
Again, you can't say that until Darhk actually does something menacing. So far he hasn't done anything other than give fatherly advice to Lance.

The fact Darhk can give sound fatherly advice whilst still carrying out devious plans and murdering innocents and associates alike in cold blood without batting an eye is part of what makes him menacing.

He isn't evil for the sake of evil. He is a man with a code, and there are few things as dangerous as a true believer.

We have still yet to scratch the surface on Darhk, but what I've seen so far beats the hell out of whatever the fuck it was Slade was hoping to accomplish because "I MAYDE YU A PRAWMIS, KID."

Joni

Again, you can't say that until Darhk actually does something menacing. So far he hasn't done anything other than give fatherly advice to Lance.
The guy is comfortable walking up to any character, just kicking his ass. He killed his own allies for stuff like surviving an encounter. At this point into season 2, Deathstroke wasn't even revealed. Deathstroke was hiding at this point in his season. He was beta Slade on the Island. Even we didn't know he was alive until the ninth episode.

Kyoufu

The guy is comfortable walking up to any character, just kicking his ass. At this point into season 2, Deathstroke wasn't even revealed. Deathstroke was hiding at this point in his season.

Not really comparable. I mean, why are we even comparing this season to season 2? Completely different in tone and quality in every single aspect of the show, from flashbacks to fight scenes.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Dude scares off Constantine, who knows demons and Angels exists; he shrugs off Oliver's attacks with ease; he held Ray hostage for the lols; and he runs an organisation so hidden Argus had no real intel on them.

Joni

Not really comparable. I mean, why are we even comparing this season to season 2? Completely different in tone and quality in every single aspect of the show, from flashbacks to fight scenes.
You're the one comparing Slade did in his final episodes to all the things Darhk did up until now, a whole six episodes in the season. And there is no comparison possible as Slade didn't do a single thing at this point. Season 2 up until this point was the introduction of Sara, the introduction of Lyla and some failed Brother Blood experiments.

Kyoufu

You're the one comparing Slade did in his final episodes to all the things Darhk did up until now, a whole six episodes in the season. And there is no comparison possible as Slade didn't do a single thing at this point.

The person I originally quoted made the comparison, which baffled me. Season 2 was set up much differently so the comparison is completely pointless if we're going by "at this point".

Any comparison should be made after Oliver kills Darhk at the end of the season.

Joni

The person I originally quoted made the comparison, which baffled me. Season 2 was set up much differently so the comparison is completely pointless if we're going by "at this point".

Any comparison should be made after Oliver kills Darhk at the end of the season.

At which point Darhk will have also killed someone important. We already know that. And we know he has been a lot more menacing overall, he will be in more episodes than Present Evil-Slade.

Ollie's campaign manager is real professional. Hitting on your candidate's sister. How old is that guy anyways? 30? Oh, CW.
He is 27, he has a little less than 3 years on Willa Holland.

Kyoufu

At which point Darhk will have also killed someone important. We already know that. And we know he has been a lot more menacing overall, he will be in more episodes than Present Evil-Slade.

I'll give Darhk all the awards if he kills off Laurel or Felicity.

I'll give Darhk his own TV show if he kills both.

Joni

I'll give Darhk all the awards if he kills off Laurel or Felicity.

I'll give Darhk his own TV show if he kills both.

Those characters still matter, Slade killed a character that lost all relevance. Moira was played out, she had no role in the story anymore and wouldn't get superpowers anyway.

Kyoufu

Those characters still matter, Slade killed a character that lost all relevance. Moira was played out, she had no role in the story anymore and wouldn't get superpowers anyway.

Like I said. His own TV show if he brings the goods.

Don't let me down, Damian.

Kyoufu

I feel like Diggle is the one likely to go now, which is a shame because he's one of the few characters that isn't annoying.

Also, I'm so excited for more scenes of Felicity's mother now that she's going to be banging Lance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom