• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
pls no

I preferred Oliver when he was brooding and emo and that's only possible when he's lonely.

bleh fuck that

That Oliver sucked and is never coming back thank god

B9WpZyF.gif

Magwik

Banned
I blame you for every Olicity drama scene.

We don't even have a good intro anymore.
"Good intro"
OLIVER QUEEN IS ALIVE

Also I don't take most drama scenes as offensive as some of you seem to. And this is coming from someone who was begging for Felicity to die in the off season, season 3, and season 2 threads.

SeppOCE

The writers have done Felicity so much injustice in the past two seasons it's terrible. Sara's return and quick leave would have made more sense if she didn't lash out and kill a dude. You know what I'm not even going to bash this show because it's pointless. It's fun to watch but I kinda just want it to finish after Season 5 and have another DCU show take it's place because I can't expect Season 5 to be any better than this.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Felicity was always a paper thin character. She's nice in small comedic relief and deus ex computermagica doses. I never really saw the chemistry between her and Oliver, but the writers forced it. Now it's this huge built up thing they just have to ride with.

The show doesn't always fumble with female characters. Thea and Laurel have had surprisingly decent character arcs. You look at Season 1 Thea or Season 2 Laurel and they've both grown significantly. Mama Queen was well done too.

This episode was one of the few times I "got" what Felicity meant. She dropped everything for Oliver and didn't like the idea of being that kind of person. Yes, her doing that is sorta consistent with the character from that Secret Origin episode...but we'll just say she's grown since then and doesn't want to make the same mistakes. That being said, I think they probably should have gone a different way with how she came off in this episode. Her being cold and distant probably would have played better.

I am betting the campaign manager is Darhk agent, much like the DJ was Ras Al Ghul agent. Yes, Darhk might not know who is the arrow yet, but he is killing mayors or candidates, so that puts Ollie in Darhk´s cross-hair.

Joni

I am betting the campaign manager is Darhk agent, much like the DJ was Ras Al Ghul agent. Yes, Darhk might not know who is the arrow yet, but he is killing mayors or candidates, so that puts Ollie in Darhk´s cross-hair.

The other mayors were competent people. Darhk might prefer to use Oliver like he uses Lance.

Kyoufu

Maybe Mama Smoak dies. They seem to be building up her relationship with Ollie.

Would be such a cop-out though, because she is such a minor character.

There must be a reason for her getting together with Lance. Maybe once Darhk discovers Chest Hair's intentions he kills someone close to him, ie. Mama Smoak.

That would be lame, yes.

Johndoey

Banned
There must be a reason for her getting together with Lance. Maybe once Darhk discovers Chest Hair's intentions he kills someone close to him, ie. Mama Smoak.

That would be lame, yes.
Why would Darhk kill the mother of his only child?

Whoever dies I hope it's set to an Imogen Heap song.

Magwik

Banned

That would be lame, yes.

Lance will help her find Felicity's dad since he's a detective and all that. I've said it before but Mama Smoak has absolutely no relevance or point in the show unless it's to remind us about her baby daddy.

RobNBanks

Banned
Having it be Mama Smoak would be terrible. She's not important enough to show the death of a character having that big of an impact on him while Barry is there.

Chesthair - Ollie's speech about wanting him to see what kind of man he is. How Lance has finally loosened up regarding Ollie instead of always hating him for what he did to his daughters/being the Arrow. Ollie feeling guilty over using Lance to get to Dahrk and being responsible for his death.

Felicity - Ollie is happy and in love. Arrow is Batman Lite. Batman can't be happy so neither can Ollie.

Thea - She really serves no purpose other than dating random guys who are probably associated with the villain.

Could also be Diggle simply because of the one black guy rule.

Bring in (Flash spoiler as if you don't watch it already)
E2 Robert Queen and kill him
. Then again
Thea
not being there probably wouldn't make sense unless they shoot it with the character leaving and Oliver stay behind.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Does anybody else think it could be
Diggle's brother
?

Have him return to Diggle's life only to have him snatched away again. It would give him plenty of motivation to totally destroy Darhk/H.I.V.E.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
People are putting too much importance on Barry being there. He'd be there for literally anyone.

Plus, the reason they even used him over anyone else is because he's the only other character truly protected by plot armor. You know they aren't killing Barry, so why not use him to get the bit of dialogue we need?

Johndoey

Banned
Having it be Mama Smoak would be terrible. She's not important enough to show the death of a character having that big of an impact on him while Barry is there.

Chesthair - Ollie's speech about wanting him to see what kind of man he is. How Lance has finally loosened up regarding Ollie instead of always hating him for what he did to his daughters/being the Arrow. Ollie feeling guilty over using Lance to get to Dahrk and being responsible for his death.

Felicity - Ollie is happy and in love. Arrow is Batman Lite. Batman can't be happy so neither can Ollie.

Thea - She really serves no purpose other than dating random guys who are probably associated with the villain.

Could also be Diggle simply because of the one black guy rule.

I think Diggle is the only character pretty much everyone likes and they won't kill the best set of pecs on the show.

I think it will be Felicity.
There is no reason for Barry to be there other than Felicity (she knows her much more than any other member of team arrow) or Thea (because she's his friend's sister).

Oliver's expression, him touching the grave and his will to kill the man who did this suggest that it's someone very close and very important to him. In season 3, he says to Felicity that he would do anything to save his sister and that he loves Felicity. Also, he says that he lost everything, probably meaning Felicity. I'm saying this because I want to prove that Felicity and Thea are the most important persons in Ollie's life.

It won't be Thea, because Oliver needs a sidekick and maybe the producers want the show to be more true to the comic book and have Oliver being a pair with Black Canary.

Kyoufu

This Earth-2 talk is making me want to see it happen, but not with the current set of writers. Only if they go back to season 1 and 2 quality.

I don't think I could handle Earth-1 Laurel and Earth-2 Laurel in the same scene. Time and Space would collapse.

Johndoey

Banned
Minds will be blown when Earth-3 comes into the fold.

This Earth-2 talk is making me want to see it happen, but not with the current set of writers. Only if they go back to season 1 and 2 quality.

I don't think I could handle Earth-1 Laurel and Earth-2 Laurel in the same scene. Time and Space would collapse.
E-2 Laurel is probably a cool lady tho.

BokehKing

Banned
Ugh even though I think it will be Lance 6 feet under, I'm about 13 minutes into this episode and I really want felicity to die a horrible death

Kyoufu

Ugh even though I think it will be Lance 6 feet under, I'm about 13 minutes into this episode and I really want felicity to die a horrible death

I had the same reaction a few pages back, heh.

13 minutes in and holy shit this is bad. When did this show turn into a comedy with the main star being Felicity? Please, writers. You're killing me.

Felicity really is the main character of this show now. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom