• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
He fought giant insects for months. He figured some shit out.

Did he? I thought Darhk had him from the start.

If Ray can build a suit of power armor that shrinks I'm pretty sure he can manage to teach himself to throw a few punches

Throwing a punch and fucking up supposedly elite henchmen are not quite the same.

Nah he probably just programmed Martial Arts into the suit and it's doing all the work

That's the sort of comic book-y thing they would've mentioned if that were the case.

Shaanyboi

Banned

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Did he? I thought Darhk had him from the start

Yes, he mentioned it once he was rescued and back in the Arrow cave. He was only captured by Darhk when he tried contacting Felicity the first time, which Felicity ignored, which is why Felicity was so upset about the whole thing.

GulAtiCa

Looking forward to hearing the weekly complaints about how the show isn't brooding enough and how Felicity ruins everything and needs to die

Sorry guys, it isn't an Arrowverse thread unless someone wants to throw acid in the face of one of the women on the show.

We've definitely passed the point that Laurel's haters are more annoying than Laurel herself. I used to follow the show live on here and Twitter; switched to Gaf exclusively because Laurel haters on twitter are just insufferable and shit up the feed whenever she does literally anything.

Yep.. We've now reached our daily "I hate Laurel" quota.

Corpekata

Banned
Thought the action was a lot of fun this episode and a bit better than they've been doing lately.

I did find it frustrating that Oliver and Diggle literally saw Darhk give mind control pills to his soldiers and nobody brought it up as a reason for Andy's about face.

This season has been such a nice step up.

And yeah we can can the constant Laurel hatred. It's worse than any acting shs's actually done. You can move on now, guys.

Yeah, this season so far feels like a nice course correction from last season. It isn't as strong as season 2, but it feels like it is like remodeling a house. The foundation is strong, but improvements can be made and they are working out the kinks to make it beautiful again.

Kyoufu

Thought the action was a lot of fun this episode and a bit better than they've been doing lately.

I did find it frustrating that Oliver and Diggle literally saw Darhk give mind control pills to his soldiers and nobody brought it up as a reason for Andy's about face.

What do you mean? Oliver pointed it out but Diggle just didn't give a fuck. After saying he'd give his life to bring Andy back he refused to even for one second consider that his brother is being mind controlled by the bad guy.

That was when I was like OK, the writers are doing this shit on purpose now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

And yeah we can can the constant Laurel hatred. It's worse than any acting shs's actually done. You can move on now, guys.

I actually disagree. Right now everything seems all over the place. This week's episode especially.

They could do with cutting the flashbacks entirely. And Oliver seems to have taken a back seat to doing Green Arrow things? I don't know, it just seems like most of the scenes focus on the rest of the team so far this season.

I actually disagree. Right now everything seems all over the place. This week's episode especially.

They could do with cutting the flashbacks entirely. And Oliver seems to have taken a back seat to doing Green Arrow things? I don't know, it just seems like most of the scenes focus on the rest of the team so far this season.

I agree about the focus, but everyone is now likable and useful in my eyes and that's really what I look for in this show.

I do see your points though.

Kyoufu

They just need to go back to the formula of season 1 and 2. By that I mean Green Arrow infiltrating hideouts and bases and taking down baddies. The sidekick game is out of control.

Oh and bring back the good intro! :(

foxtrot3d

Banned
I really don't understand this .
Felicity has been doing what she has been doing since season 1 .
Which is support be it morally , team wise or tech this ep was no different .

Which is the problem, imo, her character (and Team Arrow) has grown and become more than this and so it feels weird and stilted to see her back as the sole emotional support for a now 4+ person team.

They just need to go back to the formula of season 1 and 2. By that I mean Green Arrow infiltrating hideouts and bases and taking down baddies. The sidekick game is out of control.

Oh and bring back the good intro! :(

And then go to bitching about how none of the characters are doing anything?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
just watched the first episode of arrow season one again..

did they nerf olivers fighting skills in the later seasons? his fighting was way more powerful back then

or maybe it is because I can't sleep..I mean it is 4:30AM..

did they nerf olivers fighting skills in the later seasons? his fighting was way more powerful back then

He's in an ensemble so he can't be as competent.

Kyoufu

And then go to bitching about how none of the characters are doing anything?

The supporting cast did plenty in previous seasons without being in battle. We had the odd teamup here and there but it never got to the point where Green Arrow took a major backseat.

Imagine Flash not doing anything in his own show. That would be weird right? This season of Arrow has been weird for me, because Oliver has done nothing as the Green Arrow.

Yes, Oliver has been nerfed heavily. Probably because they want him to depend on his sidekicks now, which is a huuuuuuuge shame.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Oliver was mostly fighting low-level or no-skill people back then. The people he is messing with now are very powerful, sometimes superhumanly so.

GulAtiCa

Season 1 was literally just hired goons and thugs for most part. So of course Oliver took them down easily. Also much easier to take people down if you shoot to kill.

The Ghosts today (and League of Assassins) maybe fodder for most part, they are still much better and more dangerous then the common thugs from S1.

GulAtiCa

Oliver took down Mirakuru soldiers, including Deathstroke...

He got destroyed by Brother Cyrus Gold. He only got the rest of them do to help from The League in the end. And for Deathstroke. Do you not remember? It was Felicity who got the last laugh and took away his power. Deathstroke then got beaten in a weaken state by Oliver afterwards.

Kyoufu

He got destroyed by Brother Cyrus Gold. He only got the rest of them do to help from The League in the end. And for Deathstroke. Do you not remember? It was Felicity who got the last laugh and took away his power. Deathstroke then got beaten in a weaken state by Oliver afterwards.

Okay you're right about Deathstroke being weakened but I'd still put him well above these Ghosts he's fighting. These Ghosts are being beaten up like chumps by Laurel, who has barely had any training.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
hey, thanks for all the responds. was a fun read to see what you all think.

and thanks for making this horrible night a little bit more enjoyable

GulAtiCa

Oh yeah, I definitely put the S2 soldiers way above the Ghosts. They literally became 10x stronger. If anything, this episode showed a little back story of them really being noones. I'd still place them above average. As someone under mind control and no self thought isn't going to go lite. Like those on PCP.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
He'd probably be more useful than Barry at this point :V

well..Barry is doing the Peter Jackson right now.
tejy5lM.gif

can't wait to see who zoom is I think it is
his father from earth 2
and how he reacts. I hope he does not go full emo.

back to arrow..even after 4 seasons I hate laurel. she is awful and starting to watch season one again just made it worse >.<

People go after the women in Flash/Arrow like they're Lana Lang in Smallville; it's absolutely ridiculous the amount of tears they can generate by doing shit I don't even notice until I come here.

Zero315

Banned
Life's been busy and I finally just got around to catching up on like the last four episodes. The only big complaint I have so far is... why the fuck does Dig's weird helmet/mask thing always looked crooked?! It's so fucking bad. Honestly, who looks at footage of that thing in action and goes "Yeah, this is fine"?!

Oh yeah, and Constantine needs to be in more eps this season.

Not sure if it was mentioned but it seems to me Lance was setup. After getting the speech about trust that note with the location of the new recruits just happened to be sticking out. Then Dahrk smiled when Oliver was discovered there.

I bet Lance is not gonna be in the inner circle much longer.

Johndoey

Banned
Its like the choreography for the fight scenes have gotten better but the direction of the scenes themselves have gotten worse?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Not sure if it was mentioned but it seems to me Lance was setup. After getting the speech about trust that note with the location of the new recruits just happened to be sticking out. Then Dahrk smiled when Oliver was discovered there.

Exactly what I thought. I just assumed that he left it out as a trap. Feed Lance some info and if Arrow & Co show up, you know he can't be trusted.

I think everyone but Lance knew instantly it was bait.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Laurel just can't catch a break up in this place.

the scream is pretty silly

Hope once the set up for LoT is done with this show can't get back on track.

Joni

What do you mean? Oliver pointed it out but Diggle just didn't give a fuck. After saying he'd give his life to bring Andy back he refused to even for one second consider that his brother is being mind controlled by the bad guy.
There is the small problem that Andy still had to volunteer for that, that he was still running an illegal operation before he joined Darhk and that it still involved a decision to leave his son. Diggle is right to be angry. Also, he keeps avoiding killing Diggle, like saying 'kill the green one' which would leave some to think there is some free will Andy in there. It is why I think they'll reveal he is ARGUS or some other secret agency.

Oliver took down Mirakuru soldiers, including Deathstroke...
In the end, they were also only chumps. The Deathstroke and Cyrus Gold fights are the ony ones where he actually has trouble.

Okay you're right about Deathstroke being weakened but I'd still put him well above these Ghosts he's fighting. These Ghosts are being beaten up like chumps by Laurel, who has barely had any training.
Well aside from the fact she started as experience fighter already before being downgraded in S1. She has trained with both Nyssa and Wildcat since.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Yeah. It's the worst thing I've ever seen on a television screen. 5 seconds of that scream is worse than 5 seasons of Heroes.

If that's the worst thing you've ever seen on TV, I envy you. You live a very sheltered life from how bad TV can actually get.

zulux21

This is the first season of arrow I am actually enjoying lol. (and the first time I feel like actually discussing the show with people in this thread instead of the flash thread :p)
The rest of arrow I just watched to get caught up so I didn't miss any Flash stuff. This season I am actually enjoying for the most part... likely because for the first time in the series oliver is actually likable for me >.>

that being said he is to likable in his flashback, it's year 4 of the 5 years he was gone, he really should be a lot closer to season 1 oliver at this point. Not that I dislike the oliver in the flashback, it just feels out of place with expectations with previous seasons (aka I feel he has been getting nicer in the flashbacks instead of more assassiny)

DeathyBoy

Banned
This is the first season of arrow I am actually enjoying lol. (and the first time I feel like actually discussing the show with people in this thread instead of the flash thread :p)
The rest of arrow I just watched to get caught up so I didn't miss any Flash stuff. This season I am actually enjoying for the most part... likely because for the first time in the series oliver is actually likable for me >.>

that being said he is to likable in his flashback, it's year 4 of the 5 years he was gone, he really should be a lot closer to season 1 oliver at this point. Not that I dislike the oliver in the flashback, it just feels out of place with expectations with previous seasons (aka I feel he has been getting nicer in the flashbacks instead of more assassiny)

Gotta build to the S5 flashbacks where Darkseid (possessing Frye) reveals part of The Island is a fallen rock from Apokolips, and kinda infects Oliver with the Anti-Life equation... and the series can end with Oliver arriving back in Starling City, and see Felicity across a room or some shit.

She breaks the Anti-Life equation just by being in Oliver's vicinity. Course, this also requires Darkseid possessing Tommy in the present day S5 stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom