• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

subrock

Timo said:
3505ml3.png

I need to learn my way around photoshop wayyy more but I know a few tricks now at least.

vitaminwateryum and DM_Uselink, really awesome stuff.
awesome, how did you make the dotted bg in this one?

Awesome Raging, are those barnacles? Your Dominance character is pretty cool too, I like the clothing design.
Great stuff by Timo nice style going on in those.
MagicMongol: those are freakin' cool, they have a lot of character, and drawn on the DS no less.

Here's a couple for the new page:

cow_153_by_BlkCelebration.jpg

This one is kinda big so please click on the thumbnail:

OchreHand

Manabanana said:
Whoo, it's been a while...

I finished my first animation project after a whole lotta work.

Thanks for watching~

Niiiice. I like the stage atmosphere and the hand-drawn quality is charming. And (and in a good way) reminds me of LittleBigPlanet.

DM_Uselink: very inspiring colors in your creature.

Raging: I really dig that barnacle sword.

KillerAJD

Manabanana said:

"The Prince and the Kraken"

Thanks for watching~
That was absolutely awesome man. How long did it take you to complete it?

Ah, thanks for the compliments guys. I'm really glad you like it.

KillerAJD said:
That was absolutely awesome man. How long did it take you to complete it?

Over 80 hours, I think... I didn't really keep track. It probably should have taken less time, but I had to figure out how to use After Effects.

DM_Uselink, I didn't know you posted at CA. Whenever I have time, I'll be participating in the COW/EOW. See you over there.

Manabanana said:
DM_Uselink, I didn't know you posted at CA. Whenever I have time, I'll be participating in the COW/EOW. See you over there.
Cool short! The style fits it pretty well.
I started my classes now ,so I might not be posting on CA as much, but once you start one of those weekly activities you get hooked! Plus all the great artists posting really gets the inspiration going.

What nick do you go by over at CA?

Thanks OchreHand, it was a happy accident of sorts :)

DM_Uselink said:
Cool short! The style fits it pretty well.
I started my classes now ,so I might not be posting on CA as much, but once you start one of those weekly activities you get hooked! Plus all the great artists posting really gets the inspiration going.

What nick do you go by over at CA?

Thanks OchreHand, it was a happy accident of sorts :)

I use the same name over there. Haven't posted much; I was away for the summer. I'm gonna try to jump in the next round.

I assume you're BlkCelebration? I love the isometric view on that ink drawing.

Mik2121

I post over CA too! My nickname is the same as here, but I've not been active for a while (started an sketchbook but had to "stop" because of some stuff at school, and forgot to get back)

MNC

Dechaios said:
Oh man, I've always wanted Colors. I have a DSi right now. Probably not the place to ask, but anyone know if the DSi is homebrewable yet?
It certainly is. Look for the carts with an i in the name :D

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Manabanana said:

"The Prince and the Kraken"
princekrakenscreen.jpg

streaming:
Vimeo (better)
Youtube (less good)

Download:
480p
720p

Thanks for watching~

Sick, dude! Looks really, really good. The music is super cheese, but the animation looks fantastic. Reminds me of the best parts of Murumasa (Wii) and Little Big Planet! How many days/ weeks/ did that take you?

And on a side note, I didn't really draw this, but I've been working out a simplistic album art for my debut. Any thoughts are appreciated.

9616_523012332766_83504672_30843529_6879191_n.jpg

Fidelis Hodie said:
Sick, dude! Looks really, really good. The music is super cheese, but the animation looks fantastic. Reminds me of the best parts of Murumasa (Wii) and Little Big Planet! How many days/ weeks/ did that take you?

And on a side note, I didn't really draw this, but I've been working out a simplistic album art for my debut. Any thoughts are appreciated.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._523012332766_83504672_30843529_6879191_n.jpg

Thanks! I have to agree about the music at this point. I'm so sick of that song... I started planning it out about three months ago, and all-in-all it probably took about 80 or so hours to complete. The next one should take less time since I have a better feel for the workflow and software now.

I think that pic you have for your album looks great. As good as any album cover I've seen in a while. Do you have a link to some samples of your stuff?

MNC: You've got a strong start. Be careful with your soft brushes. Too much can really muddy an image. Check out some different ways to texture in PS as well. It's really its strong point, IMO, and it's why I use PS over Painter now.

Prax

Oh man, I haven't posted anything in here for a while...

I haven't done much that is worthwhile since the last time, but here's some stuff anyway! XD

Character from a new project I'll be working on in some future time. I was trying to be more "old school anime" in colour choices. Giving her neon pink pants was tempting, but I decided against it. XD
Reina_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Another character from that same project. Making character expressions are super-cool. All of you should do it too! Download a template here => http://napalmnacey.deviantart.com/art/25-Essential-Expressions-55523083
The_many_expressions_of_Poly_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Videogame fanart! Actually, it's just Neverwinter Nights 2 again, and it's spoilers, but I'm sure you guys don't care! XD
Neverwinter_Prax_Spoilers_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Characters of some other side project I started for fun:
Breakers___Growth_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Breakers___Del_by_Meibatsu.jpg

If anyone wants to read an "episode" in scrappy comic form of those characters (except Del, he wasn't created yet), here are links:
http://meibatsu.deviantart.com/art/Breakers-01-138033697
http://meibatsu.deviantart.com/art/Breakers-02-138034284
http://meibatsu.deviantart.com/art/Breakers-03-138034815
http://meibatsu.deviantart.com/art/Breakers-04-138035562
http://meibatsu.deviantart.com/art/Breakers-05-138036696

I may decide to make a "good version" one day, but isn't that what I always say? XD

Also, because Sailormoon parodies are the greatest kind:
Dytsa___Sailor_Crystal_by_Meibatsu.jpg

"Haha, you think with your evil powers you can destroy this world that's full of my new friends?! Well, think again!
I am Sailor Crystal, defender of hope, justice, and friendship!
In the name of myself, I'll .. BEAT YOU UP!"

The cat's "Octokitty" from gamingfringe.com pretending to be her guardian cat. XD I'm sure she just glued the sparkle thing on its head though.

Also, Merit started a colouring book contest over at gamingfringe.com which you are all welcome to join. We're colouring an image of Dysta.
Cute_Dysta_Line_by_merit.jpg

"Winner" gets to decide what gets coloured in next.
Join in here! => http://www.gamingfringe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288

The deadline's October 6, 2009. We don't expect any big masterpieces. Merit even tried colouring with her non-dominant hand in default MSpaint colours.. sooooo... have at it!

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Manabanana said:
Thanks! I have to agree about the music at this point. I'm so sick of that song... I started planning it out about three months ago, and all-in-all it probably took about 80 or so hours to complete. The next one should take less time since I have a better feel for the workflow and software now.

I think that pic you have for your album looks great. As good as any album cover I've seen in a while. Do you have a link to some samples of your stuff?

I have a myspace which isn't anything new at all . . but I'm recording, bedroom style, my first little debut that's going to be a lot bigger than I thought it would. Whenever it's done, I'll let you know! Just finished a rough tracking for the first track. I'm excited for it!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thread is going places! Many great contributions lately :)

I just got finished with my Monster Hunter weapon design submission here was stage two of the process:

mh3_weapons_02.jpg

And the final piece I submitted:

mh3_hammer_xaviergarcia.jpg

Also, silhouette studies for the latest ArtOrder challenge:

hurakan_silos_02_web.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
aaaaaaaaaaaargh

I missed the stupid deadline for Muramasa's art contest :(

Stupid site's clock was like.... 3-10 minutes ahead or something. Oh well. I thought I'd post it here:

2jfbsp2.jpg

This is basically me waking up at 8 in the evening, realizing that I slept in for way too long, also realizing that I still need to make an entry for the contest, then proceeding to hastily put something together, mainly from my brainstorming that I had the previous night.

My mistake was leaving to eat food for a small portion of time, and now I suffer for it D: Stupid clock.

(should I refine it more? I think I should D: )

Cool Hammer design Raging Spaniard, good color choices. :)

I added shadows using somewhat what I learned from my assignment on plotting shadows with sunlight. I had never used markers to shade before, (this would be the second time) so I'm somewhat pleased with the results.

marketplace_ruined_by_BlkCelebration.jpg

and the one that preceded it, was a bit more of a quick job.

donde_esta_el_Cooper__by_BlkCelebration.jpg

Mik2121

A human head study I was doing today after class. Took me about two hours but I have yet to finish (you can see some weird stuff on the scalp in the first pic - though I fixed it in the second render- and the neck area is still sort of a "placeholder" :p) And I plan on adding a helmet, hence the current model quality of the ear :lol

oldmanhead01.jpg

oldmanhead02.jpg

Mik2121

Xun said:
Awesome work guys!

Here's a quick one I did today.

http://tomritchie.net/images/portfolio/artwork/mountaintops.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice, but maybe you overused the circle brush? I know it's a sketch, but maybe some differently shaped brush would help? Looks nice nevertheless.

dfyb

Banned

image I created to be reproduced tediously in linoleum for a color reduction relief print (for class)...

Mik2121

Fixed the head I posted yesterday (though just that, because today I noticed the shape of the scalp was all messed up, so I fixed that an a few more details):

oldmanhead03.jpg

oldmanhead04.jpg

Timo

subrock said:
awesome, how did you make the dotted bg in this one?

it's pretty easy to do in photoshop, just make a layer of gray in whatever 'shade' of halftone you want to end product to be (you will have to experiment), and then just screen it through some colors in another layer. Sounds slightly difficult, but it's really easy.

359zb7k.png

Mik2121

Yet another body study (well, I’ve been doing more, but this is the 3rd I post). This time I’m also using the Bridgman’s style but I’m drawing part of a pose from Posemaniacs ( http://www.posemaniacs.com/?p=467 ).

body1003.jpg

Didn't like the face position on the Posemaniacs pic so I changed it.

Not like anybody will ever comment on what I post, but.. heh.. if you do.. tell me what you think about this style!.

Stencil

Well... I ain't got shit on most of what has been posted, but here is the first (of three) page of a comic I did for an illustration class freshman year of college:

68wljn.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Something a little different. Second one, while hand painted, is referenced.

portrait_01.jpg

portrait_02.jpg

ciD_Vain

Raging Spaniard said:
Dos mas, both are referenced:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/portrait_03.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/portrait_04.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I like! The elder lady one, especially.

Top Bottom