• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

New page, new drawing:

changos_by_BlkCelebration.jpg

newsguy

Hey, just wanted to share this with you guys. I am by no means an artist and the only time I've drawn is when I took art as an elective in college. My family dog, and my mom's most beloved pet died 2 weeks ago. Watching her bury our dog and seeing how much it hurt her really moved me. Tomorrow is her birthday so I wanted to give her a gift she would truly appreciate. Oh and by the way, it's SUPER EXPENSIVE to custom frame things.

2aj9fsn.jpg

Been awhile since I last visited this thread, but it's good to still see astounding work from all of you :O Anyways, just wanted to show a few pieces I've made over the last month, all of which seem to be following a suburbia tangent:

Childhood_Lost_by_redcancer_.jpg

Green_Grass_by_redcancer_.jpg

Conform_or_Die_by_redcancer_.jpg

Max@GC

hookedonritalin said:
Been awhile since I last visited this thread, but it's good to still see astounding work from all of you :O Anyways, just wanted to show a few pieces I've made over the last month, all of which seem to be following a suburbia tangent:

Childhood_Lost_by_redcancer_.jpg

Green_Grass_by_redcancer_.jpg

I really like the first two pics because of their very unique atmosphere.

Anyways...here´s a logo animation I did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqJSkF92Mp8

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
A compilation of old work from our shitty shitty Nerf game that shipped last year

nerf1_characters.jpg

I will say that the new Nerf game is much better though, for instance, its an actual game! :lol

Ah, I also made some adjustments to this guy

hurakan_blog_v2.jpg

OchreHand

sweet work all..

Here's a few things i did since the fall

jeremy_deveraturda_funlaborcom_thecages.jpg

jeremy_deveraturda_funlaborcom_stormship.jpg

jeremy_deveraturda_funlaborcom_funhouse_bg.jpg

This one I contributed concept art for a dark animated short called "Fantasmagorias," I think it'll come out early next year.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jeremy, those are badass as usual. Good to see you getting some freelancing :)

Max@GC

Timo said:
2pyz7e0.png

Much more talent in these threads than there used to be, I dig it.

Max@GC : What media do you use?

Adobe After Effects and Photoshop ;). Oh and really good artworks @OchreHand - my fav is the one with the pumpkin house!

Max@GC

Flek said:
Question:

can you guys recomend more sites like http://www.clickforart.com ?? Basicly shops that sell art from persons who arent that well known for a "fair" price?

Interesting site man. I have a friend who´s also a really talented illustrator and he could easily make money with his drawings but didn´t find a good way yet. So how can you sell your art via this site? Do they charge commission fees? Are there important restrictions to consider?

Flek

Banned
Max@GC said:
Interesting site man. I have a friend who´s also a really talented illustrator and he could easily make money with his drawings but didn´t find a good way yet. So how can you sell your art via this site? Do they charge commission fees? Are there important restrictions to consider?

sory man … i have no idea i want to buy there not publish (iam not nearly good enough for something like this :lol :lol )

I'm not typically huge on collage, but imo your work is some of the sickest stuff to come out of this thread hookedonritalin, especially the mixed media paintings. Your color choices are fantastic, and I like the subversive undertone of your pieces. Really nice work.

Dead Man

hookedonritalin said:
I love this one.

And this one too

hookedonritalin said:

Raging Spaniard

Some more stuff from work, this time its for Nerf 2 which was a much more enjoyable project when compared to the fuckhouse of crazy that was the first game.

S4_groupShot_4_x.jpg

And a more cartoony version

S4_groupShot_5_x.jpg

The number of these designs that made it into the final game? Zero.

Oh and big props to hookedonritalin (I want prints!) and Timo!

Arcipello

m9bo79.jpg

quick question.... do you see the paint colour as blue or purple???? i ask because on one monitor it is blue (exactly how i want it) and on the other it looks purple:( i dont know which monitor to believe.

Wish I could post my recent portfolio class stuff (now that I passed the class!) but Im too dreadfully afraid of my babies being stolen on the interwebz. There has been a recent thief chain at my school . . . people taking other people's hand drawn art from the class room walls. The core ed teachers only put sweet ass work up on the walls and keep them there for like forever so that woke up my fear of not having control over who sees my stuff or proof that I was the one who did it in case its stolen!

I guess I will post something up once I have to make my own website for school. :D

Raging Spaniard

Arcipello said:
quick question.... do you see the paint colour as blue or purple???? i ask because on one monitor it is blue (exactly how i want it) and on the other it looks purple:( i dont know which monitor to believe.

Azul, and awesome

hey what do you think about all the CA drama?

Monocle

Arcipello said:
m9bo79.jpg

Blue. Not a trace of purple, as far as I can tell.

Raging Spaniard

mysticwhip said:
Quick question from a wannabe artist. How did any of you learn the human anatomy? books? self taught? websites? any tips?

Little bit of everything, but picture the most annoying method and you'll find your answer. Theres no shortcuts in order to be good at something ... so yeah, practice!

-Draw from life
-Draw from reference
-Always observe and try to figure out how the body works. Learn some technicalities such as the elbows match the bottom of the ribcage, etc.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I think we artists need to be smart like those lawyers who tell juniors to go away. Those infamous threads on GAF about law schools are excellent example of how lawyers do it. Perfect way to drive away future competition :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
NetMapel said:
I think we artists need to be smart like those lawyers who tell juniors to go away. Those infamous threads on GAF about law schools are excellent example of how lawyers do it. Perfect way to drive away future competition :D
But people keep posting awesome stuff in this thread, which works against your plan to eliminate competition.

It's like a lawyer telling someone not to get into their field while counting wads of cash.

NetMapel

Halycon said:
But people keep posting awesome stuff in this thread, which works against your plan to eliminate competition.

It's like a lawyer telling someone not to get into their field while counting wads of cash.
True true, but can't hurt to try !
People, don't bother trying to draw. If you aren't drawing Mona Lisa by the age of 10, you won't make it as an artist. Seriously ! Go to a law school or something and make $$$ as a lawyer :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
NetMapel said:
True true, but can't hurt to try !
People, don't bother trying to draw. If you aren't drawing Mona Lisa by the age of 10, you won't make it as an artist. Seriously ! Go to a law school or something and make $$$ as a lawyer :p
Or a doctor!

(sorry for derailing)

NetMapel

I really need to practice more in Photoshop...

Creature5.jpg

I'm happy that I'm doing some quick sketches in Photoshop for GAF's NHL thread now because it helps me get used to Photoshop and tablet more :)

Halycon said:
Or a doctor!

(sorry for derailing)
Haha, people in the other fields are smart by telling future competition to go away. Lawyers tell students to go away because they won't make it into big law. Computer scientists tell students to go away because their jobs are being outsourced. Accountants (I was one) tell students to go away because their jobs are boring. Artists, on the other hand, tell students to do their best and work hard, yippieeee !

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That Nerf game may have been shit but at least the art was good huh? ;)

Amazing stuff guys, keep it up!

bathala

Banned
OchreHand said:
sweet work all..

Here's a few things i did since the fall

jeremy_deveraturda_funlaborcom_thecages.jpg

jeremy_deveraturda_funlaborcom_stormship.jpg

jeremy_deveraturda_funlaborcom_funhouse_bg.jpg

This one I contributed concept art for a dark animated short called "Fantasmagorias," I think it'll come out early next year.
man that's awesome. all digital?

Raging Spaniard

Yay! Art ... theft? rip? Cant tell exactly.

Warcraft piece I made in 2005

Ragnaros_by_TheRagingSpaniard.jpg

New piece by artist Evolvana. Clearly she had some issues coming up with a layout.

WoW_Ragnaros_by_Evolvana.jpg

Raging Spaniard

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Yours is better anyway.

<3

OchreHand said:
hey thanks! they're good ol' digital

Hmm there is definite similarities in the composition with yours and that other person's.. but your cropping is more dynamic

Yeah, Im not even bothered by it, but its amusing.

btw, I'd like to point that the best thing about your painting style is that it really, really looks like real media .. and I know for a fact thats a hard thing to do. Huge props on that

Sielys

sammy said:
!! ROCK !! I love it

i've had requests to show some kind of tutorials so here's a work-in-progress Tigrex fanart I've been chipping away at slowly that might expose some of the process ... about half-way through, but i promised myself i'd finish it off when i got time. fanart's slow because i can't just make shit up :p
Oracrest and I were on a quest and he got trampled after cookin' a gourmet steak :D i felt obligated to do my own take on the even. the cat's going to be worked over from a picture of his sibling's pet cat
looks-tastey.jpg

Wait a second! That tigrex has no teeth! Amazing drawing though, I'm jealous. Monsterhunter ftw.

MNC

newsguy said:
Hey, just wanted to share this with you guys. I am by no means an artist and the only time I've drawn is when I took art as an elective in college. My family dog, and my mom's most beloved pet died 2 weeks ago. Watching her bury our dog and seeing how much it hurt her really moved me. Tomorrow is her birthday so I wanted to give her a gift she would truly appreciate. Oh and by the way, it's SUPER EXPENSIVE to custom frame things.

2aj9fsn.jpg
That is amazing. She'll appreciate it.

Top Bottom