• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

sammy

dontspeakofthemothman.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Nekofrog said:
So is anyone interested in doing the art for a Final Fantasy remix album I'm working on? I can probably pay for it, but I am looking for good quality, professional looking cover and back. If you want to hear some tunes from it so you can judge how serious I am about the project (read: very), you're welcome to.

tldr; need artist for album cover. $$ involved. don't suck.

Im interested! PM me your thoughts. :)

WillyFive

Awesome works. They are incredible.

This I did yesterday, I wanted to try my hand at practicing adding more detail to drawings:

smile_by_willy105-d3d63r0.png

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I wouldn't worry about adding detail if you're drawing with a mouse, better to stick with pencil and paper 'til you get a tablet. If you're stuck with a mouse though, get into sprite art :)

Also, another thing I always recommend is to downsize your pick when you post them online.

Raging Spaniard

zoukka said:
Sprite-art is not the only thing you can do with a mouse. Learn and love the pen tool and vectors as whole.

Oh shit, good point. LISTEN TO ZOUKKA.

WillyFive

Raging Spaniard said:
I wouldn't worry about adding detail if you're drawing with a mouse, better to stick with pencil and paper 'til you get a tablet. If you're stuck with a mouse though, get into sprite art :)

Also, another thing I always recommend is to downsize your pick when you post them online.

Good point. But I am stuck with a mouse for the time being.

zoukka said:
Sprite-art is not the only thing you can do with a mouse. Learn and love the pen tool and vectors as whole.

I would like to know more about vectors.

Phandy

Sammy, is that subtle Ico fanart or something? Im liking the mix of real elements and abstract. Makes it interesting to read visually.

I finally got my portfolio/website up and running which Im happy to finally have done.
Ive built it myself from scratch so its taken a while, but its been thouroughly rewarding.

If you guys could check to see if it works ok, or what any of you pros think of my work selection etc would be cool.

www.phandy.co.uk

Also, Ive been reworking some older pieces for my website and portfolio:

3.jpg

So is anyone interested in doing the art for a Final Fantasy remix album I'm working on? I can probably pay for it, but I am looking for good quality, professional looking cover and back. If you want to hear some tunes from it so you can judge how serious I am about the project (read: very), you're welcome to.

If my works appropriate Id be up for it. I love me some Final Fantasy soundtracks. PM me if you want. Id be interested in hearing your remixes regardless.

Raging Spaniard

A few drawings from the Drink and Draw this past Wednesday in NYC :)

apr_06_2011_04.jpg

apr_06_2011_03.jpg

apr_06_2011_02.jpg

apr_06_2011_01.jpg

5 to 15-20 minutes each.

I never really posted art in here before, kinda cause I wasn't sure if it's the place for pixelart, but the guys in chat convinced me I should just go ahead and do it;

aptggbigspritelineupsec.png

So here's some pixelart characters I've done recently.

Witchfinder General: Recently Published

Published where?

Glasswork

Neoriceisgood said:
I never really posted art in here before, kinda cause I wasn't sure if it's the place for pixelart, but the guys in chat convinced me I should just go ahead and do it;

aptggbigspritelineupsec.png

So here's some pixelart characters I've done recently.

Ahhh, I recently stumbled upon your comic a few weeks ago and it inspired me to get back into pixel art :D
I finished this a few days ago, already posted it in the talent thread but I guess it can't hurt to put it in here too~
framingos.png

edit:

zoukka said:
main_character_trans.png

Character sprite for my current game project.

This is really cute btw :>

Oh it's really cool to know that I inspired you man, that's probably one of the best things I like hearing when it comes to my art, hahah. :)

(After all, the people I look up to most myself tend to be the ones that inspire me!)

I like the colours and stuff you used on your Flamingo guys it makes them look very exotic.

Do you mind some criticism/suggestions btw?

Glasswork

Neoriceisgood said:
Oh it's really cool to know that I inspired you man, that's probably one of the best things I like hearing when it comes to my art, hahah. :)

(After all, the people I look up to most myself tend to be the ones that inspire me!)

I like the colours and stuff you used on your Flamingo guys it makes them look very exotic.

Do you mind some criticism/suggestions btw?

Go ahead!, I'm always looking for crits~

Okay just gonna throw in a few quick remarks then!

1. Have you looked at references for Flamingo Beak anatomy? You're fine to draw them the way you want, but the way a flamingo beak is structured is possibly by far one of their most unique features, I think it's really worth looking into how they actually look in real life so you can make your guys look true to, well, actual "flamingo design".

Stylizing is awesome and something I'm a big fan of, but their beaks don't remind me of a real flamingo at all. (not gonna post references myself, as I'm sure you can find them, heheh)

2. there's barely any AA on the lines for the flamingo legs at all, this makes them look very very jagged, I think you've got enough of a yellow palette to make these legs look a lot smoother than they are right now, so personally I'd put a bit more effort into that.

3. I'd also look for some guides on (a) wing anatomy, and (b) how exactly wings look on a flamingo, your wings remind me more of the Galapagos Cormorant. (flightless bird, worth googling.)

RDreamer

Been doing some graphic design freelancing for a friend of mine's lazertag place. Just finished the brochure. Everything on this was done by me, except the CMP logo, which he had to retain from a previous person. Other than that, all the photography and logowork are mine. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out (don't mind the borders, those are just how I put up images on my website.

CMPtl2.jpg

CMPtl3.jpg

Xtyle

Just did this tonight

madness21_720.jpg

Some fantasy concept..rough
fantasy_girl.jpg

It's a newrework of an old piece I did years ago
small.jpg

Random
murder.jpg

Sub 0
Sub-Zero.jpg

not sure if I posted this before
girlwithumbrella6.jpg

Well...some dracula
draculaBW.jpg

I have way too many to post them lol
Quiting WoW really doing some good to me haha

Kyaw

Some of my early Photoshop/signature stuff:

sigs.photoshopwkum.png

iron-crosss8w6.png

bnwwallpaper1080pzjiy.jpg

Some icons made for a forum:

psu-iconsz8oe.png

And some of my school art and pixel art:

college-spritesn8u6.png

art-schoolnkv2.jpg

horse-v3ems5.png

I have two big paintings done at school but i havent had the time to carefully take pictures of them.

chumps

Mistle said:
Have you heard of James Jean? These works are similar to some of his paintings. I've always liked this style, great work.

I've never been compared to James Jean but I agree his work is great.

Londa

Banned
Nekofrog said:

I would love to help if you still are looking

usea

Neoriceisgood said:

So here's some pixelart characters I've done recently.[/QUOTE]
Did you run these through some scaler, like scale2x? No offense, but the look of them is seriously bothering me.

iamcenok

First time posting in this thread (I think, I don't remember :( )

This is for an Illustration class.
Take a book and design a cover.

tm4fk

Bastardization am Harold and the Purple Crayon.

Xtyle

My work in progress. Just finished the line drawing. Going to work on coloring. Probably in Asian style if it looks good. Uh....just now notice the left side of the dress has some weird spots :( Will need to fix...

yuki_10.jpg

Top Bottom