• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Jintor

Some sketches and a Portal 2 Spoiler Pic (linked)

tumblr_lkf59rI4Bc1qgs4kh

I've wanted to contribute to this thread for a while. Everyone's art here is gorgeous and fantastic, and I find myself visiting this thread just as often as conceptart.org and other sites when feeling deprived of motivation. Finally got off my ass to share some stuff.

Been working with Google Sketch Up for the first time. Pretty impressed with the program, it's really nice for learning to develop in 3D space and start the basics of modeling. I did my computer desk and a heat pump for a technical job I was applying for.

szh4i0.jpg

2955uhe.jpg

21f035t.jpg

And some of my older artwork.
Still shot of a stop motion animation:

2mf0imc.jpg

Oil painting:

103sal5.jpg

Sketches:

ouo76t.jpg

Burli said:
Thought it was about time to put some stuff up!

Some recent fan-art pieces:
love these. Really nice unique style.

Anyway, here is a really fast sketch i made while watching some youtube video.
An old lady, who was reading a book, had a great face imo. SO i paused it and made this drawing so i can use here facial features later on.
Since you're all so kind to share, i thought i'd do the same.

potloodschets1.jpg

SHAZOOM

Thanks Thnikkaman! I've been getting a lot of hate (on a completely different forum) for "terrible writing" so I'm glad someone enjoys the strip.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Made an influence map on DA, not sure why anybody would care, but its a fun exercise:

raging_spaniards_influence_map_by_theragingspaniard-d3fil7k.jpg

From top left to bottom right, since some of these are obscure:

-Mortadelo y Filemon
-Moebius
-Superlopez
-Dragon Ball
-The Secret of Monkey island
-Frank Miller
-Todd McFarlane
-Out of this World
-Akiman
-Yoshitaka Amano
-Tetsuya Nomura
-Studio Ghibli
-FLCL
-Akihiko Yoshida
-Alex Nino
-Frank Frazetta
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-The Skillful Huntsman
-Tekkon Kinkreet

Dali

I haven't touched any art-making tool in ages. I have all these ideas for things I want to do, but I know I can't accurately transpose the picture in my mind's eye to paper... or screen.

Great work as usual, Sammy.

Zekes!

Raging Spaniard said:
Made an influence map on DA, not sure why anybody would care, but its a fun exercise:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...nfluence_map_by_theragingspaniard-d3fil7k.jpg

From top left to bottom right, since some of these are obscure:

-Mortadelo y Filemon
-Moebius
-Superlopez
-Dragon Ball
-The Secret of Monkey island
-Frank Miller
-Todd McFarlane
-Out of this World
-Akiman
-Yoshitaka Amano
-Tetsuya Nomura
-Studio Ghibli
-FLCL
-Akihiko Yoshida
-Alex Nino
-Frank Frazetta
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-The Skillful Huntsman
-Tekkon Kinkreet

Wicked, I'm so going to do this right now.

Zekes!

Coo' did mine:
5688991029_ae244979a4_b.jpg

From left to right:

Samurai Jack (cartoon) • The Legend of Zelda (video game) • Osamu Tezuka (artist) • Yoshitaka Amano (artist) • Giorgio de Chirico (artist) • Samurai Champloo (anime) • Hellboy/Mike Mignola (comic/artist) • Hello Kitty • FLCL (anime) • Supercar (band) • Phantasy Star Online (video game) • Earthbound/Mother (video game series) • Akira Toriyama (artist) • Scott Pilgrim (comic) • ICO (video game) • Shadow of the Colossus (video game) • Tekkon Kinkreet (movie) • Shigeru Miyamoto (game designer) • Suda 51 (game designer)

Great choices on the influence maps guys.

I wanted to post something Star Wars inspired, so I drew this creature version of an AT-AT. I'm working on a full scene involving a couple of them being brought down by some rebel hunters. I've been working on it off and on and hope to be done soon.

TJJT9.jpg

Keikaku

Day 3 of the sketch-a-thon, with nods to Sin City and Dick Tracy

1VGJ6l.jpg

Original size

EDIT: If you guys have any crits, I'd be happy to hear them. I am (and will be for most of my life!) an art student so, if you have any tips, let 'em rip!

Timo

self.jpg

tsunami2.jpg

memexspot1.jpg

memexspot2.jpg

Self promotional self portrait first, then a illustration loosely inspired by Alexandra Wallace, a girl from UCLA who had made a Youtube video of her being a complete hate monger in regards to the tsunami in Japan. Read more about that here. After that just two spot illustrations for a magazine spread I did in a graphic design class.

I have been so lazy since school ended. I also have to get some good photo's of my 24 inch ecorche' I made for my anatomy class (it's the most impressive 3D piece I have ever done by far, hah), and scan in some anatomy drawings.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Timo I like those last two. Playful and good sense of motion eventhough its just a guy standing there.

Did a Rocketeer sketch yesterday:

rocketeer.jpg

Top Bottom