• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

bathala

Banned
really want a cintiq, but damn its expensive so right now I'm just drawing on my iPad and speaking off
Here's my latest iPad art

Mik2121

Here are some drawings I did yesterday during the lunch and dinner breaks. Some are straight taken from the Metroid series, and some are variations based on that. The Metroid 25th anniversary is coming soon, so I thought I could do something about it…

So long since the last time I draw this kind of stuff... (and with a normal pen, nevertheless!).

metroid.png

I just had an art show this past Saturday. It was pretty exciting and I even sold a few pieces! I'm going to post one piece - the one that went out the press release.

Very blurry but I'm too lazy to post a higher res version.

261891_521952831091_91000747_30543660_793240_n.jpg

Foxy Fox 39 said:
I just had an art show this past Saturday. It was pretty exciting and I even sold a few pieces! I'm going to post one piece - the one that went out the press release. [/IMG]

Congrats. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the pieces sell for?

Foxy Fox 39 said:
I just had an art show this past Saturday. It was pretty exciting and I even sold a few pieces! I'm going to post one piece - the one that went out the press release.

love this one!

Equus Bellator Apex

Foxy Fox 39 said:

Well, fuck.

That's good.

cntr

Banned
Foxy Fox 39 said:

Hot damn.

MrBig

Signed up for some pre-college classes at Ringling again this summer and am starting to go through my references folder and am just going to draw something from one of them each day until I leave for there to get ready. Probably post some of the better ones in a week or so

7-2-11.jpg

Only brush used was a square

Foxy Fox 39 said:

Fucking beautiful.

I'm still working on my first non-academic piece. Perhaps ill post it here. Some really awesome artists in here. I envy your creative results. I feel empty when I try lately.

Retro

MrBig said:
Signed up for some pre-college classes at Ringling again this summer and am starting to go through my references folder and am just going to draw something from one of them each day until I leave for there to get ready. Probably post some of the better ones in a week or so

http://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/art/7-2-11.jpg
Only brush used was a square

Do you have a link to the source photo you used? I have a big references folder of environments I'd like to add it to.

highrider

Banned
Typographenia said:
Pickle, do you work exclusively with mouse? Your work has a very distinct look, and I quite enjoy it. : )
sorry i missed this. i usually use a wacom pad. i have more of a background on canvas and paper so this is my first foray in to computer stuff. thanks man.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Megaman Tribute all over this shiz!

megaman_tribute_by_theragingspaniard-d3monjx.jpg

Book comes out next week, first time Im getting published in this capacity so Im exciteeeeddd

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
*subscribed

Edit: is it ok to post infographics that I do? My work is entirely digital, and if I didn't know me I would call myself a hack. I also have an etsy site but get nervous showing off my lo-fi stuff.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
PantherLotus said:
*subscribed

Edit: is it ok to post infographics that I do? My work is entirely digital, and if I didn't know me I would call myself a hack. I also have an etsy site but get nervous showing off my lo-fi stuff.

I know GAF is all about hardcore rules lately and whatnot, but yes, of course post ahead :D

Worse comes to worse we can always include it in the farts section.

SHAZOOM

Arcipello said:
the last panel is actually quite confusing, thought there was two guys fighting him until i realized what you were trying to do.
I probably should have used a different color for the last panel (the BRKCHOW! panel) so I can see where there's some confusion.

Sometimes these things work. Sometime they don't... :)

SHAZOOM

Gazunta said:
*gulp* here goes. I do lots of comics based on reader suggestions of old video games.

2011-07-14-Videogame-84.gif

I laughed. :) What I like is that its funny/silly instead of cynical/angry. Do you have a link to your site?

*edit*
Nevermind, I see the link right there.

*is going senile*

Hey could I get some critiques on this picture I did yesterday. I've kinda been out of drawing for a while (YEARS) but tried giving it another stab recently. I guess some things I already know are off, the heads are kind of big, the guy on the right has a rather long neck and his arm looks...off

GIVE ME EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT
2ps0gth.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
osv6r.jpg

RC4Rn.jpg

More on the Craft side of things, but I'm proud nonetheless. Made a super awesome case for my magnifying lens last night. Used some really nice denim, and a very soft silk like material for the interior. Hand sewed it. I think its cool.

sammy

snuck around in all my neighbors gardens to get some good reference before I moved out of Austin. Using those I stiched this illustration together for a friend's aquarium background:

notyoureden.jpg

Phandy

sammy said:
snuck around in all my neighbors gardens to get some good reference before I moved out of Austin. Using those I stiched this illustration together for a friend's aquarium background:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Fn98Vv7HrXc/ThkjHu91c_I/AAAAAAAAAlI/_z84iefiSIk/s1600/notyoureden.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wttfff sssammmmmyyy
This is so good man. This one of my favorite pieces of yours recently. Great sense of depth, atmosphere and the vegetation is just amazing.
Awesome stuff man.

A few bits and pieces from me from sometime recently. Mix of sketches and some stuff for an Indie zombie game:

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-20PNA0lcgDQ/Th5RoDBeCsI/AAAAAAAAAMo/SMG0uyR7aMM/s1600/3.jpg

zvx539.jpg

11ce80j.jpg

5.jpg

Top Bottom