• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

jdl

Banned
thanks for the kind words you guys.

^^^ Yeah this is awesome. Great colours and the canvas-painting treatment is so well done. Amazing work dude.

Done in photoshop or Coral painter?

just photoshop. i never could figure out corel.

Finally did the breast Shading Sketches. Purely references so far so I can study the lighting better and get it as close as possible. First one is the Morrigan one I uploaded earlier, the others are a Friend, 3 random google models and Wonder Woman.

4nV3Ywn.jpg

Tips are greatly appreciated.

Edit: Smaller picture, no flash.

Pau

Finally did the breast Shading Sketches. Purely references so far so I can study the lighting better and get it as close as possible. First one is the Morrigan one I uploaded earlier, the others are a Friend, 3 random google models and Wonder Woman.

Tips are greatly appreciated.
Before you start copying other art, work from real life or photographs first. Especially with something like breasts because a lot of artists (such as those working in comics or game design) don't seem to understand (or want to understand) how they work.

And don't be afraid to the push the values more. As of now there isn't much variation from your darkest to mid to lightest tone.

Anyways, some of you (jdl looking at you!) are an inspiration. Makes me want to start drawing again. I did promise a friend I'd make a portrait for them... maybe I'll post the process here to keep me in check!

Thanks Pau. I tried to sketch different things, But I did worked with 4 actual photographs. I tried some different types of breasts also and both sideboob and underboob.

The middle one didn't turn out very good, She had an arc position so both of her breast end up facing different directions also she was soaking wet and had a strong light on her so it was too much for me, I'll have to try again.

And yeah the Values are actually my main weakness, I don't like to push the pencil hard enough, I'm trying my hardest to do so but I draw way too soft. I'll keep doing more when I have the time.

Edit:

Oil painting I did from 2001...

2080_1019455726283_111_n.jpg

I had to go back a couple of pages, but always wanted to say that I absolutely love this.

Pau

Thanks Pau. I tried to sketch different things, But I did worked with 4 actual photographs. I tried some different types of breasts also and both sideboob and underboob.

The middle one didn't turn out very good, She had an arc position so both of her breast end up facing different directions also she was soaking wet and had a strong light on her so it was too much for me, I'll have to try again.

And yeah the Values are actually my main weakness, I don't like to push the pencil hard enough, I'm trying my hardest to do so but I draw way too soft. I'll keep doing more when I have the time.
What kind of pencils are you using?

Have you ever tried drawing on toned paper with some white charcoal or conte? I find that really helps in making you realize that you should be moving in both "directions" (dark and light) as opposed to white paper where you kind of default to a lighter tone.

What kind of pencils are you using?

Have you ever tried drawing on toned paper with some white charcoal or conte? I find that really helps in making you realize that you should be moving in both "directions" (dark and light) as opposed to white paper where you kind of default to a lighter tone.

I had an HB Pencil, I had a lot of different ones. Would you suggest to use more than one? I tend to just slowly pass the pencil in the same place a couple of times instead of applying more pressure.

Edit: I tried one using different pencils, a Grey rugged paper and putting more pressure on the pencil. Completely out of my conform zone.

cLgUiIe.png

It's darker, where should I got from there?.

Timo

GSP7eGT.jpg

Posting this up on threadless tomorrow. Maybe I'll edit in the vote link when I do.

Also thanks for all the love from the previous page (100 posts per page). It's appreciated.

vio

Sunday drawling time.

shores3s.jpg

This is just too good. Probably best work i have seen on this thread. I don`t know if i am more amazed or frustrated when i see this. I say frustrated because i think i will never reach that level of quality. Are your brushes available somewhere online?

Man I really want/need to start drawing again but I have been so busy I haven't in about a year.
Now i'm actually scared that when I do I will realize I lost my skill and talent.

make more smaller squares. those squares are too big.

Ya the teacher didn`t want us using squares we were only allowed to use a couple of reference lines. Eyes referenced to each other eyes to nose, nose to lips kind of thing.

I have an odd request but I figured this would be an appropriate place for the question. I`m having my motorcycle helmet air brushed, and Im having one side be corruption and the other side redemption. On each side I want a pin up girl with a "presence" behind them representing the change.

Im using this image for corruption
s8XkcFHs.jpg
[/IMG]

If anyone has an idea or a picture they`ve seen that would match this style for redemption I would be immensely grateful

Ya the teacher didn`t want us using squares we were only allowed to use a couple of reference lines. Eyes referenced to each other eyes to nose, nose to lips kind of thing.

I have an odd request but I figured this would be an appropriate place for the question. I`m having my motorcycle helmet air brushed, and Im having one side be corruption and the other side redemption. On each side I want a pin up girl with a "presence" behind them representing the change.

Im using this image for corruption
s8XkcFHs.jpg

If anyone has an idea or a picture they`ve seen that would match this style for redemption I would be immensely grateful

That picture is really tiny, I don't know what you are looking at but if you want a redemption image without falling into the Angel stereotype, why not using a girl under a waterfall.

stock-footage-woman-sitting-in-meditation-under-waterfall-in-bali-indonesia.jpg

Only as base off course, since it's a biker helmet she would need to be sexed up.

That picture is really tiny, I don't know what you are looking at but if you want a redemption image without falling into the Angel stereotype, why not using a girl under a waterfall.

heres the picture bigger

This is only a base hes going to make the girl look more innocent and the beast more like a back ground presence thats taking control of her.

s8XkcFHl.jpg

Only as base off course, since it's a biker helmet she would need to be sexed up.

The waterfalls not a bad idea, but I think tranquil, rejuvenation.

The airbrush artist and myself came up with this, using this as a reference pic instead of a blue track suit shes going to be removing "demon" skin like a coat

OQBJDnsl.jpg

Just as a side note I find it intersting that women find pinup girls hot sexy and really like them while guys look....uncomfortable with them lol

jdl

Banned
This is just too good. Probably best work i have seen on this thread. I don`t know if i am more amazed or frustrated when i see this. I say frustrated because i think i will never reach that level of quality. Are your brushes available somewhere online?

i have that same reaction to pretty much everything.

i'm using the ones jujubeads posted earlier in the thread. just a few pages back.

UrbanRats

i have that same reaction to pretty much everything.

i'm using the ones jujubeads posted earlier in the thread. just a few pages back.

You should post a time-lapse/making-of, of one of these sketches, it could be very helpful, i'm thinking.

The waterfalls not a bad idea, but I think tranquil, rejuvenation.

The airbrush artist and myself came up with this, using this as a reference pic instead of a blue track suit shes going to be removing "demon" skin like a coat

OQBJDnsl.jpg

Just as a side note I find it intersting that women find pinup girls hot sexy and really like them while guys look....uncomfortable with them lol

I like the demon skin idea, be sure to only use the picture of Invisible Girl as an insipiration and not a direct copy, I believe that particular image is iconic and copyright protected. Your reply confused me at first, because it look as if I myself was saying the new things hahaha.

My Goodness, that's beautiful. I bet it looks even better in person, is she a famous person?

A tip to make a good Artist Resume? I'm short on time and it's for a class so It doesn't have to be anything groundbreaking, just something that stands out.

Edit: Nevermind just finished it. Pretty happy with the results.

My newest drawing

izB4YZPVOwEoH.jpg

Her proportions are a little off. I suggest you to do some lines, circles, doodle with a light pencil before you decide to draw/ink over it, in other for you to get the proportions right.

Once you begin to paint and shade and add details the more noticeable the problems with become.

If anything else fails, there's little guys are very cheap and very helpful.

stock-photo-1551175-art-dummy.jpg

jokkir

My Goodness, that's beautiful. I bet it looks even better in person, is she a famous person?

A tip to make a good Artist Resume? I'm short on time and it's for a class so It doesn't have to be anything groundbreaking, just something that stands out.

Edit: Nevermind just finished it. Pretty happy with the results.

She's Taeyeon from the k-pop group SNSD/Girls Generation.

No idea on tips because I'm not taking art >< I'm taking computer programming in school >>

legacyzero

Banned
Her proportions are a little off. I suggest you to do some lines, circles, doodle with a light pencil before you decide to draw/ink over it, in other for you to get the proportions right.

Once you begin to paint and shade and add details the more noticeable the problems with become.

If anything else fails, there's little guys are very cheap and very helpful.

stock-photo-1551175-art-dummy.jpg
Truth is, I did lol.

Is this one better proportion wise?

ikkBzCl8LLIdB.jpg

jujubeads

Is this one better proportion wise?

comparing it to the idealized figure by loomis(eight heads tall):
(hope im not out of line messing with your drawing.)
it's not the best comparison seeing as they're in different styles and different poses, but just for a quick eyeballing it looks pretty close. breasts and arms seem to be the biggest issues.

Trying to go in a hybrid Street Fighter/SNES Final Fantasy direction with my sprite practice - basically, something that looks very 90's homage-y. I actually turned a comic page into a palette, just to mess around with gray tones.

tumblr_mluapvwzQ21qbqy7po1_250.png

zoukka

blog_baboon_colour1.png

Goofed around with some painting yesterday. It's a hypnotic process compared to line art, you just kinda forget yourself honing some weird part of the image even though it will not serve the final image that much :b

C.B.

I've sort of disappeared into the shadows a bit because I've been trying to bust my ass on one commission in particular but. yeah. In the mean time I took a break from it and I got one moleskine commission done, and just hoping and praying they don't find it too plain.

ibua6FbEYWj9gV.jpg

...and back to work now.

Goofed around with some painting yesterday. It's a hypnotic process compared to line art, you just kinda forget yourself honing some weird part of the image even though it will not serve the final image that much :b

Like these little animal dudes you're doing. And that last sentence = story of my life.

Prax

Doop~!

Finally, some art!

Ballpoint pen drawing while heading to work~
Scribbling in a background is hypnotic and cathartic. 30 minutes-ish.
princess_sorl_of_amat_by_meibatsu-d62xps1.jpg

Overdue artwork to make up for some else's missed Secret Santa. A person's character hanging out with Young Justice Robin (lol, I dunno how perspective works still). 2 hours-ish.
sgpa_gift_exchange_2012___candycakes19_by_meibatsu-d62xh52.png

Birthday gift art! ooh, using paint! Tempra paint tubes.. that I never touched before. I haven't painted anything in forever, and I've never been really good either, so uhm.. tada anyway! I cut the image out and pasted it on the screenprinted paper with paper cement.
It represents us being gods meddling in the lives of their characters because like many hip and happening artistes, I RP with my characters sometimes (I think of it as collaborative story-telling~). 5-ish hours.
creators___happy_birthday_mydearbasil__by_meibatsu-d62xfxp.jpg

wow! there are some really talented artists here on neogaf! i'm wondering if anyone would be interested in teaming up with a good programmer (me) to make a game. i'm interested in doing something 2d on virtually any target platform(s).

if anyone is interested please pm me. i have examples of my work to share.

Dreweyes

I've got some limited edition art prints that just went up on www.WarpaintPress.com! :)

TETROPOLIS (standard)
Size: 18 x 24
Paper Color: French Pop Tone Limade
Paper Weight: 100#
Number of Colors: 2
Limited to: 100 Prints
tumblr_mm0vnji58P1qbw2q1o2_500.png

TETROPOLIS (variant)
Size: 18 x 24
Paper Color: French Pop Tone Sweet Tooth
Paper Weight: 100#
Number of Colors: 2 + Glow In The Dark
Limited to: 100 Prints
0w5IsNI.gif

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It glows in real life? FALSE ADVERTISING! lol Those are nice! Will buy :)

Couple of things, one quick one: Beowulf from Skullgirls, for fun

beowulf_sg_ragingspaniard.jpg

And a wallpaper version

And here is the big one, a poster project from Sanshee that just launched. A tribute to Chrono Trigger. Took me over 100 hours to finish, its over 3 feet wide!

tumblr_mlttfjTDbd1r01sdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mlttfjTDbd1r01sdmo5_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mlttfjTDbd1r01sdmo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_mlttfjTDbd1r01sdmo4_1280.jpg

You can buy the poster here, if youd like :)

I'm feeling a little inadecuate by sharing this bare ass, simple sketch in comparison to those fully realized projects but here's a Sketch.

CP5ewj8.jpg

Top Bottom