• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Something I messe with last night

j7Pax8T.jpg

And these were birthday gifts for a couple buds

waxer

I guess this goes here. I'm no artist but I'm giving some steampunk projects a go. Starting with a notebook with a photo of my eye. Radioactive symbol is tacky but I couldnt resist. Good little project to practice with the paints.

Day two of my clock. Just working on basic composition. The smaller white clock face is raised from the back.
Need to get top curve of blade done next. Then I can start adding detail.
f4SJoK7.jpg

JordanN

Banned
I've upgraded from Wings 3D to 3DS Max! Followed a tutorial to get myself acquainted to the tools. The result is this sombrero wearing snowman thing with a chimney.

first3dsmodel46kmh.png

waxer

I cant get more done till next week. For now added some more detail and started top blade.

Did work behind the scenes getting the clock mechanism installed in place behind the raised face.

Did ring of copper on clock face which Ill need to patina. Cut windows for gear mechanisms to be built behind. Painted patches of crackle paint. Grunged up with graphite rub and clear glossed 4 layers over top to make it look more glassy.

I'm working under theory all my glossy surfaces will help counteract the roughness of the main graphite paint.

Im happy with how the shock is starting to look. Adding touches like the copper nut on top I think add to making the industrial look more realistic. Putting some parts where you would expect to see them if real despite the fantasy nature of the clock.

Im looking at adding some small sections of that flexable conduit tube like from lower right to the rim of the clock face to help break up the copper. I want all the small flashes of copper to catch the eye and not become overwhelming.

Im kinda making this up as I go so suggestions are more than welcome.

ElNv7eP.jpg

ZdADuGp.jpg

wCaJF9p.jpg

waxer

I glued it a bit wrong and now the top is to flat. Ill fix that as I go. Only my first attempt at a clock. Id rather just let mistakes happen. Just adding finer details now the frame is in place.

JZkucqP.jpg

3kf8jxW.jpg

7gmqr0E.jpg

Pau

I glued it a bit wrong and now the top is to flat. Ill fix that as I go. Only my first attempt at a clock. Id rather just let mistakes happen. Just adding finer details now the frame is in place.
Damn, and you say you're not an artist! I would totally buy what you make.

C.B.

Finished this thing earlier today

iH9oRd9vfCmp9.jpg

Just one more sketch thing to do before I go on holiday then i can breath for two weeks...then come back and have more shit to do.

Prax

^ So beautiful~
I want to make some tooo.. auughhh.. too much thread inspiration~

Art dump time~!

I will draw something substantial and effortful at some point, I promise! XD

Also posting the link to PACT Indiegogo campaign again because it's cool and only two-ish days left:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pact-professional-artist-client-toolkit/x/3984879

This is the one I went for, by the way:
20130717074518-Screen_Shot_2013-07-17_at_9.43.46_AM.png

I mean, I am not completely sure I would actually USE my membership, but I like for things like this to exist for all artists.

Pau

Finished this thing earlier today

iH9oRd9vfCmp9.jpg

Just one more sketch thing to do before I go on holiday then i can breath for two weeks...then come back and have more shit to do.
Mucha inspired stuff is always nice to look at. Well, when it's done well like yours is! :)

Mobius 1

The Soul Calibur talk over the gaming side has me inspired.

I'm going to add Maximus to the roster. Let's see how this sketch ends up, I will try to replicate Namco's character art style for the game.

iGH5wXC37MYps.jpeg

Edit 1- Started to clean it up. I'm taking liberties with his armor since Soul Calibur features borderline outlandish character outfits.

iSR5FSUrKqXsp.png

Legs are a bit fucked and the stance isn't the menacing "come at me bro" I was hoping for, but oh well.

highrider

Banned
^ Ehh, that's a great piece of work. Maybe a little more dark line in the center disc on the outside to blend it a little. Bear in mind I couldn't render something like that at gunpoint so take my advice with a grain of salt lol.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Imma just quote this in here:

I've got a Mario tattoo on my shoulder blade (which I love, maybe I'll manage to do a pic later on, it's raccoon Mario, don't hate) that has to be redrawn by now (it's quite old).

I kinda want to expand it to a back/sleeve piece, but I'm not sure how to design something fitting. Options would be something gaming related that connects with me, or something entirely different (Manga/Music/Vocaloid/Cartoon-ish stuff, maybe even Pony-related, since I'd like stuff on my body that somewhat influenced me) with Mario being part of the scenery, I dunno, on a tv screen or something.
Now, why I am telling you this is: Would there be any serious tattoo artists on GAF who could help me figure out a general idea or even input some art ideas to me? Or people who can draw fucking great, but never did a tattoo before and wanna try?

Worth a try I guess :)

Timo

^ Ehh, that's a great piece of work. Maybe a little more dark line in the center disc on the outside to blend it a little. Bear in mind I couldn't render something like that at gunpoint so take my advice with a grain of salt lol.

I'm not following that exactly, could you show me like a quick rough of what you mean? Hah, sorry.

Also a color variation:

slE48bM.jpg

waxer

Quickly steampunked my lumia 620 today lol Once the resin dries it will be clear. Pulled the buttons off and made them copper. On the front the case has rim around phone. The gap between the new metal layer and the screen will be coloured copper as well.
xAnLHef.jpg

DlrwjQk.jpg

A very simple look. I was going for ornate rather than grungy steampunk. It will be interesting to see how it feels. The decorative metal feels great in the hand compared to the cheap feeling plastic below. I curved the resin over and left the large cog protruding slightly for grip. Think I will give the showing black sections a gloss coat.

JordanN

Banned
Box modeled a mushroom and a fruit bowl in addition to using a modifier (mesh smooth). Really wish I could texture map to give them more detail.
ibhX6cpOHESrN5.png

Hey y'all.

First time posting in the thread. Exciting to see others people work.
I've been working on a 3d environment from the avatar art book. I'm struggling with lighting the throne/dragon section, but hopefully I'll figure it out.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
From using the Art Academy Wii U thing, about an hour and a half, mo' less

BRVREvHCIAAK3sS.jpg:large

I know I havent posted in forever, work has kept me too busy to do any of my own stuff (obviously I have free time, but my brain is like "DO SOMETHING NOT ART RELATED")

JordanN

Banned
Decided to redo my Taxi from scratch. I think I spent an hour trying to remember what I learned from the tutorials.

ibwPo8c82ISPUQ.png

I think my topology is good. I ran it through turbosmooth and there were no artifacts. It subdivides perfectly.
iAKeU9UeTtzHo.png

Edit: Did a little more work and used the symmetry modifier. I cheated on some of the quads to avoid running into triangles (for now).
ibhUOoyqGcV4B5.png

Top Bottom