• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Zoe

Boooooo

CcZ5C24l.jpg

hiiii moonkidchan~ :D

MissD, omg this show is super interesting... is it like a Chinese Count of Monte Cristo???

ugh i love the main hero guy aaaaaaaaaa

Turned 18 last month, resident young 'un reporting in c:

Hello Moonkid. For the rest of the Asians here, you now need to post pictures of food.

Oh god.... I feel so bad for DC fans everywhere this week lol. I am a slightly informed casual comics fan that tends to like DC characters more but man.... Being hit with all those critic scores, eeeeek. Lmao

Snyder.... How do you mess this up. You and your team. 3 years in the making. It'll make a ton of money opening week but I'm not sure about the following weeks @_@

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Bunny living dangerously...seeing her in PoliGAF now as well! 0_0 !!! :D

Yes, food pics are required for Asian-GAF. I can't do any currently because I am out on a trip. :(

As promised, lots of food pics from my trip. The trip was to Shanghai, Beijing, Kyoto, Hakone and Tokyo (didn't make it to the Korean Motherland this time). The trip as a whole was great and from the food standpoint, we ate everything from street-food up to extremely high-end dining, especially in Japan. I was kind of in a daze during Shanghai and my wife's family pretty much chauffeured us around and kept shoving food into our faces so I'm not sure on everything we ate, but it was all delicious. If anyone wants to help on official names of this stuff... much obliged.

Some select pics:
Shanghai:
Pork
Salt and pepper fish fillets
Shrimp
Snails, Shu Mai, Glutinous balls
All sorts of small bites
Xiao Long Bao
Amazingly delicious Fish dish
Yeah... these were just incredible
Fantastic Braised Beef:
More Shrimp
As we were leaving Shanghai soon, we tried to load up on Xiao Long Bao as best we could...
Pumpkin Balls

Moving on to Beijing:
Some of the duck preparations at Quanjude:

Hot pot. Delicious but holy hell, was it spicy

Breakfast of Champions:

I'm gonna take a break and split up Japan into a different post. IMO, I think that the stuff in Japan picture-wise was probably more impressive :).

Holy shit I forgot how amazing a hot bath feels. Body's been in agony all day from working so hard at my job, and that scalding water took out all that tension. Can barely keep my eyes open now. XD

hiiii moonkidchan~ :D

MissD, omg this show is super interesting... is it like a Chinese Count of Monte Cristo???

ugh i love the main hero guy aaaaaaaaaa
Glad you like it... Yeah, it has similar themes. Tbh I love the doctor that gave him the medicine in ep 1 more (even if he only shows up a bit over the course of the show), but the main guy's pretty cool too. :>

SRG01

I'm so behind the times, haha. I still need to join the Asian-GAF FB group, and now I hear that there's a Discord server too o_o

Would you guys recommend California Adventure? Thinking about doing one day in Disneyland and one at CA (too cheap to get the Park Hopper), yet I hear Disneyland can take more than a day and CA is mainly just rides.

Also what's Downtown Disney like? Debating between going there or the South Coast Plaza on my extra day there.

zeemumu

Would you guys recommend California Adventure? Thinking about doing one day in Disneyland and one at CA (too cheap to get the Park Hopper), yet I hear Disneyland can take more than a day and CA is mainly just rides.

Also what's Downtown Disney like? Debating between going there or the South Coast Plaza on my extra day there.

Downtown Disney's okay. A long stretch of restaurants and stores selling art, disney stuff, kids' toys, a movie theater, etc. I used to refer to California Adventure as Pixar Land back in the day because a lot of it is dedicated to Pixar movies and the rest is a miniature recreation of California (Hollywood, the pier, a large bear-shaped mountain that doesn't exist in nature, etc.). Depending on the wait times, one day should be more than enough to get through pretty much everything in that park. If you go early, get a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers immediately. They sell out quickly and that ride tends to have the longest line.

Clearing the entirety of Disneyland probably would take more than a day, but if your choices are 2 days of Disneyland or 1 day of Disneyland and one of California Adventure, I'd go with the latter. It's a better use of your money and time to experience both parks. Plus I think California Adventure has better food but that's just my opinion.

zeemumu

Speaking of which, I really want to go sometime in mid-April when the crowds die down. I'll probably be going then anyway because of the Food and Wine festival.

If it's your first time, I think it's definitely worth it to go to California Adventure. It's a smaller park with a different set of rides, but the ambiance is also quite different and more "grown up" compared to Disneyland's, and I think it's worth experiencing.

Downtown Disney, on the other hand, is just like a nice shopping center. I am not keen on shopping, so it's pretty lame to me.

Kaze Kyou

清明節快樂!Wait, how do you even wish people well on a day about sweeping tombs?

Also, a bit late, but I'm a 180 year-old trapped in a 28 year old's body. :p DEM GENES.

Thanks for the responses. Couple other questions:

1. Is the ART the best transit option to/from Disneyland?
2. Is a Metrolink ticket also valid on connecting buses?

If it's your first time, I think it's definitely worth it to go to California Adventure. It's a smaller park with a different set of rides, but the ambiance is also quite different and more "grown up" compared to Disneyland's, and I think it's worth experiencing.

Downtown Disney, on the other hand, is just like a nice shopping center. I am not keen on shopping, so it's pretty lame to me.

septieeee..... babby news yet?????

Grakl

Met another part Thai guy yesterday at my internship, was fun talking about it, very cool -- always meet other mixed people, but not Thai haha

Top Bottom