• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

zeemumu

Don't they still do buy a day, get a year?

To my knowledge, no. I might get one if I have money later becauseI plan on coming back. 100% for sure in October, not sure if any time before then again.
<333 (you can just call me Sophie, it's okay haha)

I'M SO JEALOUS. I JUST HAD A MIDTERM AND I AM ABOUT TO HAVE ONE AND I AM SO SAD BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ONE.

But I'm super busy this week, so we're going to have to meet up sometime next next week. I am seriously considering a year-round pass to Uni Studios, now.

Sophie you're Ravenclaw, right?

Edit: IT'S OPEN AGAIN! HOGWARTS HERE I COME

I'M ALL UP IN THERE!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
To my knowledge, no. I might get one if I have money later becauseI plan on coming back. 100% for sure in October, not sure if any time before then again.

Sophie you're Ravenclaw, right?

Edit: IT'S OPEN AGAIN! HOGWARTS HERE I COME

I'M ALL UP IN THERE!
Hufflepuffs for life. My kind of chilled house.

IMG_20160317_210739.jpg

Happy St. Patty's Day! I don't have any green food coloring.

zeemumu

Yassssss.

Also I hate you because I am in the library studying. I want to be in Hogwarts. Someone owl me butterbeer and Hermione's brain.

Ugh, fucking Islamphobia is ridiculous.

A lot of minorities do hate on each other, so let's be the change we want to see in the world /cliche.

I actually had my last final for the quarter this morning. I left for Universal right after I left campus. When I got to Universal, Wizarding World was sealed off for a private event and I didn't know for how long so I left. Luckily all of the other stores were still selling the stuff. I was actually about to leave for the day because the park was gonna close in a little over an hour when I saw that it was open to the public again and I rushed in and went straight for the Forbidden Journey ride. I have pictures but the ones inside of the castle are kinda crappy because it's dark and I couldn't use the flash on my phone's camera because it was low on power. Really wanted that Marauder's Map.

I was buying something Slytherin-related for another friend and that saved me from getting pinched today.

mercviper

Hey! I wanted to continue replying to you in the Warcraft thread but felt it would get derailed.

Jackbox is just a party game. Funner with lots of people :).

I play a lot with some of my friends (couples), but given they're almost all couples the games can get kinda awkward haha.

Next time we play on twitch or whatever we should enable the streaming (and audience) options for longer times to answer.

Zoe

It feels weird that the Hillary campaign created that group (or at least made it official). The equivalent for Bernie is entirely volunteer run.

zeemumu

The Warcraft movie does look pretty sick. I can't wait to go see it and gift the free copy of WoW to someone if they're still doing that promotion.

NetMapel

*edit: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...ts-asian-american-leaders-talk-issues-n540296

Bernie Sanders Holds Meeting with Asian-American Leaders to Talk Issues

This is pretty cool. That's all.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...y-effort-engage-asian-american-voters-n491926

Hillary Clinton to Launch 'AAPI for Hillary' in Effort to Engage Asian-American Voters

This is cool too, though I like the way it is framed in the Sanders article better.

TIL.

You should host :p
I was thinking a while back about how Bernie never appeared made a peep about Asians haha. His campaign made some amazing videos about the hardship of Hispanics and blacks. Just wondered if he has anything to say about Asians. At least last time I checked Hillary's YouTube, she wished us all a happy Chinese New Year haha. She Khaleesi now :O

Anyone watching Nirvana in Fire/&#29701;&#29706;&#27036;/Lang Ya Ban? Pretty addictive historical Chinese drama. It's got its silly martial arts moments but the politics are fun to watch.

250px-Nirvana_In_Fire_%28Lang_Ya_Bang%29_official_poster.jpg

suzu

Anyone watching Nirvana in Fire/&#29701;&#29706;&#27036;/Lang Ya Ban? Pretty addictive historical Chinese drama. It's got its silly martial arts moments but the politics are fun to watch.

Nope, but I recognize some of those characters in the poster from seeing fan art. haha

Erheller

BTW y'all I was thinking of doing the Asian GAF Jackbox game night this Friday at 7pm EST/8pm CST/10pm PST.

If it's on, I'll make a post about it Thursday and send the information to anyone that wants to join. Just post in the thread, or PM me, if you see the post pop up. I think we should use Ventrilo, unless y'all prefer Skype.

You should try Discord! It's been my go-to chat client because it's really easy to get friends to use it. You can even use it from a web browser.

NetMapel

We should have an Asian GAF Discord group ! I wouldn't mind joining and play Don't Starve Together or something in the future with some of you fine folks :)

250px-Nirvana_In_Fire_%28Lang_Ya_Bang%29_official_poster.jpg

Heeyyyyyyy where can I watch thisssss ?

There is just something magic-no wait, mystical about seafood that makes Asians go crazy (in regards to that crazy tourist thread and seafood). All my friends go crazy at buffets that serve seafood. Next time we go to a buffet, I'm gonna need some answers!

Is it the usual high pricing of seafood that just makes them go, "I need to eat as much seafood as possible. Do you not know how expensive shrimp, lobster, crab, etc. are BLOODED_hands?!"

Usually when I go to a buffet I just get what I want and not act like the food is the last thing on Earth. A few plates of hot or warm food and one or two plates of dessert. Not filled to the end of the plate. I also take my time and enjoy it. I'm still on my first plate and my friends are all on seconds or thirds.... -_- Like, bruh, this is a buffet they will never run out of food. Chill and enjoy your food and let's just talk some mad shit about each other or what we are going to be doing later.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!

Sarye

The thing specifically about racism against Asians is that it's hard to tell who's the racist and who's the self hating asians.

And I'm not talking specifically about Japanese hating Koreans or Chinese hating Taiwanese. There are a lot of 2nd Generation Chinese or even 1st Generation westernized Chinese who look at the "mainlander tourist's" behavior with disdain, partly because they don't want to be associated with that group.

It doesn't make it any more right, but I have to admit, even I am tempted to post in that thread about my experiences abroad but decided against it to not perpetuate the stereotype.

Oh crap I'm on the top of the page! Here are some food pictures of when I went to Japan. This was probably the best Kobe Beef I've ever had.

Oh crap I'm on the top of the page! Here are some food pictures of when I went to Japan. This was probably the best Kobe Beef I've ever had.

Thank you sir!! That sushi looks amazing...I mean everything looks amazing but my eyes gravitated towards the fish.. well done A++...

The thing specifically about racism against Asians is that it's hard to tell who's the racist and who's the self hating asians.

And I'm not talking specifically about Japanese hating Koreans or Chinese hating Taiwanese. There are a lot of 2nd Generation Chinese or even 1st Generation westernized Chinese who look at the "mainlander tourist's" behavior with disdain, partly because they don't want to be associated with that group.

It doesn't make it any more right, but I have to admit, even I am tempted to post in that thread about my experiences abroad but decided against it to not perpetuate the stereotype.

Yeah, every time I see Taiwanese or HK people hating on mainlanders, I shake my head because there is clearly a lack of perspective or empathy for your fellow huaren. Obviously, first of all, don't paint broad strokes for 1.3 billion people. Secondly, it's like hey, a lot of people weren't given the opportunity to leave China and a generation of Chinese people literally willingly and unwillingly sacrificed their culture in order to rebuild a country. Maybe you could show some understanding.

NetMapel

Well guys you remember my big rant about girls and Asian girls specifically before? Well, another shitty thing happened again. So a friend/coworker of mine is applying for her passport and needed a guarantor to sign off on said passport along with some photocopied version of her IDs. I did all that no problem since I am happy to help. Know her for two years which is the minimum time required in order to be a guarantor. Anyways, the government called me the other day to begin verifying her application process so I answered all the questions truthfully no problem such as estimation of her height, weight, names, age... Etc. Then they asked about signed documents by me, so I told them when and what I signed. They then caught me off guard by asking me questions about a particular document that I don't remember signing. So I told them that I'm not aware of signing those specific document at the specific time they mentioned. They go ok and afterward hung up. A few short hours later, my friend came to me saying that she forgot to tell me that she forged my signature on a new piece of document, and asked if I can just tell the government that I did sign the document. I was so shocked by her request because I am not comfortable with lying to the government about forgery on a federal document. Certainly that is probably illegal and I don't want anything to do with it. She kept insisting and asking me what can she do in this situation after started slowly realizing how big of a screw up she just made. She forged my signature thinking I'd just let her do whatever and have no problem but clearly didn't think of the potential consequence. I was so busy with work that day I really didn't have time to be babysitting her given I have deadline due later that day. But she was doing the whole stupid cute thing again like "ohhhhhh cmon please you gotta help meeeee" that bothered me greatly. Makes me think she must always gets what she wants by doing that to others, which is why she didn't think about the consequences of such situation. I am once again disappointed by my fellow Asian girls. How can I ever trust again??? Sorry for the long rant but I am so pissed off. Ughhhhhh...

Forunately after some research, I don't believe this will harm me as it is all her doing. I don't want to get into trouble with my government.

NetMapel

I already avoid making new friends much anymore yet stuff like this still happens ugh. We are all professionals fairly older in age too not like we are young twenty-something. I have know her to have sort of a princess syndrome but never thought she'd do this.

Save me Asian GAF and bring back some hope to me!

cdyhybrid

I already avoid making new friends much anymore yet stuff like this still happens ugh. We are all professionals fairly older in age too not like we are young twenty-something. I have know her to have sort of a princess syndrome but never thought she'd do this.

Save me Asian GAF and bring back some hope to me!
Save yourself and make friends with better people.

Well guys you remember my big rant about girls and Asian girls specifically before? Well, another shitty thing happened again. So a friend/coworker of mine is applying for her passport and needed a guarantor to sign off on said passport along with some photocopied version of her IDs. I did all that no problem since I am happy to help. Know her for two years which is the minimum time required in order to be a guarantor. Anyways, the government called me the other day to begin verifying her application process so I answered all the questions truthfully no problem such as estimation of her height, weight, names, age... Etc. Then they asked about signed documents by me, so I told them when and what I signed. They then caught me off guard by asking me questions about a particular document that I don't remember signing. So I told them that I'm not aware of signing those specific document at the specific time they mentioned. They go ok and afterward hung up. A few short hours later, my friend came to me saying that she forgot to tell me that she forged my signature on a new piece of document, and asked if I can just tell the government that I did sign the document. I was so shocked by her request because I am not comfortable with lying to the government about forgery on a federal document. Certainly that is probably illegal and I don't want anything to do with it. She kept insisting and asking me what can she do in this situation after started slowly realizing how big of a screw up she just made. She forged my signature thinking I'd just let her do whatever and have no problem but clearly didn't think of the potential consequence. I was so busy with work that day I really didn't have time to be babysitting her given I have deadline due later that day. But she was doing the whole stupid cute thing again like "ohhhhhh cmon please you gotta help meeeee" that bothered me greatly. Makes me think she must always gets what she wants by doing that to others, which is why she didn't think about the consequences of such situation. I am once again disappointed by my fellow Asian girls. How can I ever trust again??? Sorry for the long rant but I am so pissed off. Ughhhhhh...

Forunately after some research, I don't believe this will harm me as it is all her doing. I don't want to get into trouble with my government.

wtf...the correct answer is to get yourself away from this situation. A simple "I no longer feel comfortable helping you" would suffice. Unless what's stopping you is that you secretly are infatuated with her.

Top Bottom