• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Sober

Hey y'all just a reminder...

10PM CST / 8PM PST is when our Asian GAF Game night is going to be today!

If you're not in our discord already, let me know (via PM or posting here) and I'll add you.

Boooo I have to work overnight tonight. Or that I have to work tonight at all. :p

zeemumu

Anyone here suffer from insomnia? No? :(

No, but I can't change my internal alarm so I'm a morning person against my will. That's the thing. I'm far more motivated at night but I'm too tired to use that motivation because I wake up so early, and I wake up early but I'm lazy during the day.

SRG01

I'm neither a morning or evening person. Half the time, I don't know whether I need another cup of coffee or five more hours of sleep.

I'm more of a night person. I usually get in to work around 9:30

because of things like that though I end up waking really early anyway...

Not me but I just figured out that I can't sleep without background noise. So when I'm about to sleep, I leave a stream on or put some music on. It's freaking me out lately because it just appeared out of nowhere. Maybe I'm too stressed lately :/

zeemumu

Not me but I just figured out that I can't sleep without background noise. So when I'm about to sleep, I leave a stream on or put some music on. It's freaking me out lately because it just appeared out of nowhere. Maybe I'm too stressed lately :/

I have a playlist of ASMR videos that I play while I sleep. They help me get to sleep but if I wake up in the middle of the night I tend to yank my earbuds out and go back to sleep.

I have very surreal dreams so I rarely put in any earbuds. The last time I did, I was deaf in my dream and it was horrible. I woke up sweating like crazy ;_;

Music is my last resort when it comes to sleeping now.

Sober

A sleep timer and playing music either through your phone or music player is how I've been going to sleep generally for a long while now. Helps that the iPhone has it built in and sorta sucks Android phones don't. Either way I have like an alarm clock/iPod dock that can sleep either way which is nice.

As someone who plays a lot of DOTA (and sucks so bad to the point I question why I even play this game), it's quite ironic that the thing that puts me to sleep almost instantaneously is watching replay VODs on youtube of pro players in their perspective (less than 5 min and I'm out like a light).

cdyhybrid

As someone who plays a lot of DOTA (and sucks so bad to the point I question why I even play this game), it's quite ironic that the thing that puts me to sleep almost instantaneously is watching replay VODs on youtube of pro players in their perspective (less than 5 min and I'm out like a light).
Everyone that plays DOTA is trash. We're just varying levels of trash.

I have almost 2000 matches played (starting since 2011) and as of the last 3 months, I'm firmly stuck in the sub 3K trench. The game punishes you for taking any sort of hiatus...

SRG01

I don't know why, but this made me laugh out loud :D

SRG01

No, but it does take me about an hour or more every night to fall asleep. It's terribly time-consuming, but I guess if I would just exercise more, I'd be tired enough to crash.

If I wake up in the middle of the night, I have to fall back asleep immediately or else my body thinks that it's a nap and will be wide awake :/

I'm just going to grab my freeloader fork and hope it extends far enough to grab some of that BBQ...

freeloaderforkb.gif

So with the end of TWD,
do you folks think you are fine with them going through with killing Glenn? Are you fine with them killing their only Asian Male character who is strong and not a stereotypical Asian Male? Would you be upset that they kill off their only Asian representation?

Obviously we won't know until later this fall who gets killed.

Wanna know what my Asian friends think ^_^

suzu

So with the end of TWD,
do you folks think you are fine with them going through with killing Glenn? Are you fine with them killing their only Asian Male character who is strong and not a stereotypical Asian Male? Would you be upset that they kill off their only Asian representation?

I've stopped watching and reading TWD a long time ago, but
I absolutely hated when that happened in the comic so I think it's a super bad idea if they do the same on the show. lol

zeemumu

So with the end of TWD,

Not Asian but
Glenn's one of the major comic books deaths so I think a lot of people know it's coming.

So far the only comic character who's survived past their comic counterpart's death is Carol, if I remember correctly. Well, her and Judith.

I've stopped watching and reading TWD a long time ago, but
I absolutely hated when that happened in the comic so I think it's a super bad idea if they do the same on the show. lol

It's fine.. Was a very powerful scene in the comics. I hate the fact that the season finale ended the way it did. The cliffhanger just felt cheap.

Grakl

ionno you guys, I think Asian attempts at American food are delicious, so maybe we should give Americans the benefit of the doubt when looking at Asian food?

PF Changs and Pei Wei are just outliers, of course...
Lmao if only it was also the other way around, I mean Koreans even made spam tasty

mercviper

My personal theory is most people who hate spam eat it straight out of the can without frying it or something. My wife didn't like spam until I cubed and fried it for spam fried rice for her.

SRG01

The first time I saw spam musubi, I thought it was a blue-collar Hong Kong thing because Hong Kong people are known to eat immense amount of spam. Kinda cool that it's Hawaiian :D

Top Bottom