• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Friday night

I just woke up. Friday morning, yay.

Dammit, I've been having a weird sleep schedule again and I know why I am. It sucks. Been trying to get up a couple of hours from now but I just can't. Wake up around 2-3 am, look for things to do around the house/job search, fall asleep around 2-3 pm. Repeat. Been trying to fall asleep around midnight-1 am but I'm still wide awake until 2-3 am.

Drinking heavily doesn't help. I get up at around the same time again. Been thinking about personal stuff too much and it's messing with my depression again. Been rather "happy" before these past two months though.

Hate missing the daylight. It just feels like I'm missing so much when I sleep throughout the day time :/

Friday night

Dammit, I've been having a weird sleep schedule again and I know why I am. It sucks. Been trying to get up a couple of hours from now but I just can't. Wake up around 2-3 am, look for things to do around the house/job search, fall asleep around 2-3 pm. Repeat. Been trying to fall asleep around midnight-1 am but I'm still wide awake until 2-3 am.

Drinking heavily doesn't help. I get up at around the same time again. Been thinking about personal stuff too much and it's messing with my depression again. Been rather "happy" before these past two months though.

Hate missing the daylight. It just feels like I'm missing so much when I sleep throughout the day time :/

i hear u, breh

It also doesn't help that time is moving super fast now @_@ So even if I get a chance to do something during the daylight, it's gone already or I barely get the chance to soak it all in :/

Anyways, carry on! Don't let my shittyness bring your Friday down! ^_^ Have a good Friday.

Friday night

We're living in the past, bro.

Anyway, alcohol doesn't help you sleep. If you get drunk enough, you'll pass the hell out, but it'll actually wake you up as you metabolize it and turn it into sugar. Have you tried taking melatonin? It works for me.

Also, I just learned that AT&T offers 1 Gbps Internet in my area. It's amazing what a little competition can do.

As I get older I'm finding myself with way more acid reflux issues without any notable changes in diet. Ugh.

I'm not seeing too many changes. My allergies have flared up more often during the beginning of each seasons and..... While drinking alcohol, I have discovered that I get alot of Heartburn compared to my late teens and early twenties. That's about it honestly.

Fuck, i've been trying to get around to making these potstickers but work has just been wearing me out. I had hoped to get home food prep started, but I've got 7 doubles back-to-back lined up for me so I hope this shit doesn't spoil (I've already frozen the gyoza skins once).

Tonight's "Asian Pupu's" from a Korean Hostess bar: Kalbi-ish sparerib, bbq chicken, pork with some kind of secret dressing, and KIMCHEE!!!
20160916_225639_zpsiduqhvby.jpg

Friends getting on my case for not getting all the meat off the bone, my friend is Chinese...lol.
picture1474103630_zpsiirsnqyp.png

5 drink sucker in the booth next door
20160916_231342_HDR_zpsbl2cuu8k.jpg

Damn, I think I have those exact same plates and bowls :D

Seems like y'all had a great time! See, Asians do and can DRINK! Take that studies and.... Yeah!

so uh, hello asian gaf. Korean dude here. not much glowing with alcohol for me. i'm just gonna generalize and assume everyone here is lactose intolerant though :p

so uh, hello asian gaf. Korean dude here. not much glowing with alcohol for me. i'm just gonna generalize and assume everyone here is lactose intolerant though :p

Welcome. As with everybody else, we require food pics. It can be anything. Don't let your food be dreams. Make them real!

i usually only eat clean to the bones at home

at the restaurants, i feel a bit awkward :> haha~
I do it everywhere. The stuff near the bone is often the best.

Hi. I probably am lactose intolerant, but I constantly deny it. I drink Lactaid, though, and I have the pills. Totally tolerant!

Karu

Hello, AsiaGAF!

I'm actually german, but living in Korea til June next year, studying. Just wanted to drop by and say: Your foods - or what I ate til now, been here since start of August - is faaaaantastic! Really like it for the most part.

As for the drinking... there are no other international students in my department and my study group, while great, also doesn't seem to party that much apart from the occasional Soje bottle and beer, heh. So can't attest for their stomachs quite yet. :D

Llyranor

Hello, AsiaGAF!

I'm actually german, but living in Korea til June next year, studying. Just wanted to drop by and say: Your foods - or what I ate til now, been here since start of August - is faaaaantastic! Really like it for the most part.
Welcome!

What have you tried so far?

Also, food pics.

That isn't how you get the meat off the bone.

You're supposed to grab the edge were the fleshy part meets the bone and slide the bone out. You should get a very flavorful cartilage strip or ring.

It's very hard to explain in words, but it gets everything off. Only the bone is left.

That isn't how you get the meat off the bone.

You're supposed to grab the edge were the fleshy part meets the bone and slide the bone out. You should get a very flavorful cartilage strip or ring.

It's very hard to explain in words, but it gets everything off. Only the bone is left.
I usually cut into the tendon or whatever with my lower incisors and then "unroll" from the bone, using my teeth as a scraper.

Last meal of the night at Club Evergreen , SPAM and egg sammich, with an extra bowl of mayo

20160917_003210_zpsacj0lkyr.jpg

Fun fact: The Mayor of Big Island of Hawaii got busted for using his Govt. Pcard here.

Oh look, a working phone booth!

20160917_005416_zpsnnxzyw7u.jpg

Ito En Green Tea.

20160917_005145_zpslqrwdys7.jpg

Hi Chi! :D Welcome! .... i am not lactose intolerant~ are asians known to be lactose intolerant? :>

Hello, AsiaGAF!

As for the drinking... there are no other international students in my department and my study group, while great, also doesn't seem to party that much apart from the occasional Soje bottle and beer, heh. So can't attest for their stomachs quite yet. :D

HI KARU! Another GAFia in the Asian community, yo~ WELCOME WELCOME \o/

(are you going to do NaNo this year?)

Moonkid

Sup fellow Korean :D I'm not lactose intolerant, but I do prefer almond milk lol.

ahdurian

I think I might be becoming slightly lactose... I can't have a milkshake that brings all the girls to the yard anymore because I end up going to the bathroom =/

It's just milk that bothers me though. I'll eat cheese, ice cream, and other stuff with no problem.

But drinking milk for me is a mistake.

Karu

HI KARU! Another GAFia in the Asian community, yo~ WELCOME WELCOME \o/

(are you going to do NaNo this year?)
Hey! :D Already in mental preparation since January or so, haha. You in?

Welcome!

What have you tried so far?

Also, food pics.
Not all of it is strictly Korean, a little bit of Chinese and Japanese food in there, too, I think.

I participated in a International Summer School in August and on the last day we went to a hotel where we got a really nice buffet.

Our Professor took us out to a sushi restaurant.

Dead Fish.

Dirt cheap food, but so much, so delicious.

Too good, was at a Korean bbq place I think.

My very first meal at the korean airport. When I realised I was supposed to eat a WHOLE chicken with my chop sticks - which I never used in my life before, I was a bit flabbergasted to be honest, managed with some help in the end.^^

Another buffet.

Chicken and beer - the absolute best.

It was a chinese restaurant I think - these ice-cold noodles where quit a curiosity for me, heh. But they tasted good.

Snacks, half of which were absolutely awful. Squid chips? Never again...

Dirt cheap and great food Number Two.

Ice... well, I was a bit confused how to eat it at first lol

Also at the chinese restaurant...

And then some more Burger places... One thing so: The pizza is weird here, it's super expensive and half the pizzas I ate were awful. Chicken though? Greaat stuff!

Hey! :D Already in mental preparation since January or so, haha. You in?

Not all of it is strictly Korean, a little bit of Chinese and Japanese food in there, too, I think.

And then some more Burger places... One thing so: The pizza is weird here, it's super expensive and half the pizzas I ate were awful. Chicken though? Greaat stuff!

Yeah, I want to! It will be my fourth year! :D But... I have no idea what to write..... yet.

/.___.\

AND OH YEAAAAAAAAHHH FOOD PIC TRIBUTES *____*

so much delicious and so reminds me of asian street food (dirt cheap but yumyumyum) \o/ i thank thee~

SRG01

Yeah, I want to! It will be my fourth year! :D But... I have no idea what to write..... yet.

/.___.\

AND OH YEAAAAAAAAHHH FOOD PIC TRIBUTES *____*

so much delicious and so reminds me of asian street food (dirt cheap but yumyumyum) \o/ i thank thee~

I sometimes want to go to Singapore or Malaysia because of the cheap street food. Hong Kong is pretty expensive these days :(

suzu

Is that a plate of pupae? Bleeeeccchhhh.

Haven't tried squid chips, but I like crab and shrimp. lol

Last pic has me craving black bean sauce noodles now.

Karu

Is that a plate of pupae? Bleeeeccchhhh.
But they are so crunchy and watery?! :( :D

Haven't tried squid chips, but I like crab and shrimp. lol
Yeah, Shrimp chips are awesome, no complains there! What iritates me though... the chips bags are so tiny here and relatively expensive, bummer...still buying tho!

/.___.\
Still one and a half month to go, so no worries!... yet 8)

Wait wait wait..... Ew at Squid Chips?!
Funnily enough... I tried those dried up squid tentacle snacks, which were great, but the aftertaste man... it's too much.

I sometimes want to go to Singapore or Malaysia because of the cheap street food. Hong Kong is pretty expensive these days :(

Yeah, HK is getting steep, but still theres some good street food culture there. I like the beachside street food in Thailand too. Very delicious and fresh seafood. And cheeeep *____*

But they are so crunchy and watery?! :( :D

Yeah, Shrimp chips are awesome, no complains there! What iritates me though... the chips bags are so tiny here and relatively expensive, bummer...still buying tho!

Still one and a half month to go, so no worries!... yet 8)

Funnily enough... I tried those dried up squid tentacle snacks, which were great, but the aftertaste man... it's too much.

I wanna try those pupaes... :>

And yeah, I will try to figure out my NaNo soon! Did you reach 50k last year, Karu?

vern

Hello, AsiaGAF!

Yo welcome. White American here. I'll be in Korea next week on the 27th. Not sure how long I'll stay yet. Probably just stick to Seoul unless my friends wanna do some traveling. I'm ditching China during the national holidays here cuz China is a great big clusterfuck during the big holidays. If you are in Seoul , or anyone else, maybe we can meet up for chicken and beer. And I for one love Korean pizza. Much better than pizza in China. I think the pizza in Korea is best in Asia. Also Taco Bell ! Lol I'm excited to get back and get down on bulgogi tacos 😍

Yeah, first time the year prior was a bust at 6000 words or something, but last year I made it. Felt so good haha

hahaha i know right

:>

wow that means all four of the gafia nanoers made it last year :D that's awesome! (it was you, me, ouro and burbeting)

bwah, i gotta start planning soon! you've motivated me! <3

Top Bottom