• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

SystemBug

So I don't remember everything I ate since I was with a friend and she ordered for us but I really liked the steamed pork bun. wowzers

I am finally a whole man!
Sleeping Dogs Reference

mercviper

I am pretty meh about chicken feet.

I like the sweet egg yolk buns, and har gow. /basic

duuude have you tried the modern variant where it's kinda like a molten lava cake?

DSC_06031.jpg

suzu

Beef tripe, pork spare ribs, taro dumplings, and shrimp noodle rolls are my favorite dim sum dishes. :)

Chicken feet is annoying to eat, but the taste is fine. I never bother getting it though. lol

Howdy folks!

Are there mainstream asian restaurants that y'all think are really good to eat at?

I really do want to pay my food pic tax but don't wanna be laughed at

I'am in south east Missouri 40 miles away from the STL, if that helps?

Also I've never met you, blackslashbunny but you are pretty rad and should be mod. and you're pretty on point about things.

Llyranor

Forget chicken feet, it's all about the duck feet.

My dim sum staples are duck feet, beef tripe, and steamed baby squid (and tons of other stuff, of course)

SRG01

Forget chicken feet, it's all about the duck feet.

My dim sum staples are duck feet, beef tripe, and steamed baby squid (and tons of other stuff, of course)

We used to have duck feet here in the city, but no one offers them anymore. Lack of popularity, I guess :(

edit: No one do an avatar quote, please :(

SystemBug

hey asian-gaf.

do you guys ever do something completely irrational to find some semblance of control in your life? i want to drop out of my program despite getting my highest grade last semester.

its not that i dont enjoy it, i do. it's just that i feel so shackled to what it means once i do graduate. you know, the get a job, pay off dept, get a house, etc. and i think ill fail at all those things. so i just kind of want to fail now so i have no expectations.

i dont know.

zeemumu

hey asian-gaf.

do you guys ever do something completely irrational to find some semblance of control in your life? i want to drop out of my program despite getting my highest grade last semester.

its not that i dont enjoy it, i do. it's just that i feel so shackled to what it means once i do graduate. you know, the get a job, pay off dept, get a house, etc. and i think ill fail at all those things. so i just kind of want to fail now so i have no expectations.

i dont know.

Graduating and getting a job are the hard part. Once you do that it's smooth sailing. Even if you do end up dropping out, you still have to do most of that stuff. It just becomes harder. Try getting a new hobby or change another aspext that won't throw your life out of whack.

The idea is to find variation in between that stuff. That's where the cntrol comes in. Covering the basica doesn't mean you've lost control. You don't freak out at the fact that you've had to breathe for your entire life (at least I hope not).

What's happening in the future? Give us the deets.

Happy New Year �� �� ��
I'm on a plane, traveling back to the past. But when I get there, it'll actually be an hour in the future compared with my current time. Whoa.

No_Style

Still just under 2 hours here but happy new year. I don't post here often but I like keeping tabs in thread. It's good to be reminded of the hurdles I faced when I was growing up. Hell, I'm still facing some of those hurdles today.

ahdurian

haven't been here in a while by Happy New Year fellow Asian GAFers
may you all eat amazing New Years food so that you grow a year older

Happy New Years Everyone....here's to a more positive 2017..

So I finished FFXV....I think this is the first time I finished a game that I just plain did not enjoy. There are some components that are great to good (which kinda just pushed me forward), the former being the music and presentation, the latter being the combat. But the story/characterization is just an absolute mess. Clearly a lot of the game got gutted and it really hurts the overall product...At least the devs made sure to stick the ending somewhat...

Top Bottom