• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

*edit: https://storify.com/jeffchu/a-m-e-r-i-c-a-n-2015-edition

"You're in America, learn to speak English or get out."
"You're better at spelling English words than us, get out."
"TRUE AMERICAN."
etc etc

....bless their little, ignorant hearts.

No, but there **are** a lot of part Asians pointing to the one example they know of a mixed Asian that "looks full white."

UGH /eyeroll

No, but I just picked up Marvel!
There's a new marvel game?

No, but there **are** a lot of part Asians pointing to the one example they know of a mixed Asian that "looks full white."

UGH /eyeroll

Well, for what it's worth, I'm half-Filipino/half-white and I look mixed.

I haven't met many mixed Asians who look full white. Most of the time, If one is half-and-half, they're going to look mixed.

-looks around-

Anyone get Splatoon? :)

I do! It's like one of those crack games where the short play intervals make you feel like you can get just one more game in, and the next thing you know it's 4AM.

Now I feel like playing the game again, but I'm stuck here at work being a code monkey.

If you live or will visit NYC soon, the MET currently has a cool exhibit up right now. China: Through the looking glass.

" This exhibition explores the impact of Chinese aesthetics on Western fashion and how China has fueled the fashionable imagination for centuries. In this collaboration between The Costume Institute and the Department of Asian Art, high fashion is juxtaposed with Chinese costumes, paintings, porcelains, and other art, including films, to reveal enchanting reflections of Chinese imagery."

Went last weekend and it was really cool. Will try to post pictures up. You have till August 16.

I completely missed all the Aloha bashing and that makes me sad, even though I love Emma Stone.

Spent the weekend at my friend's wedding, which was an Indian/Western mix. Was ridiculously fun, as both sides liked to party. Also made me think about how strange it is that Indians are lumped into the Asian category. I didn't know this until college I think. Indian customs seem as different from Chinese customs as Western customs are. Although I'm not sure if having the wedding after party devolve into a 2 hour arm wrestling competition comes from the Indian side or the Western side.

Maybe the Chinese side because I started it by accusing someone of having pretty boy muscles that serve no purpose.

I know for sure that ending the night with everyone singing Bohemian Rhapsody transcends all cultures.

Sober

Anyone here playing the Witcher 3? I'm kinda blown away at the level of detail in quality content packed in this game.

nah bro downgrade we've been mislead the wool pulled over our eyes never trust cdpr ever again 0/10

i can't stop playing this game so good please send help

Sober

I heard good things, and I enjoyed the first and second one... so we'll see.
It's also an open world game that rewards you for not fast traveling because you'll just randomly bump into cool stuff while riding down the road on your horse. Also the sidequests are so meaty that you'll actually get sidetracked if you take on most sidequests.

cdyhybrid

Well, for what it's worth, I'm half-Filipino/half-white and I look mixed.

I haven't met many mixed Asians who look full white. Most of the time, If one is half-and-half, they're going to look mixed.

Yeah, I spent over 17 years in Hawaii from the time I was born until I left for college, and I never once met a hapa person that had blonde hair and green eyes.

Erheller

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055972

Scary stuff. I was on a similar cruise in China on the same river just two weeks ago.

Anyone here playing the Witcher 3? I'm kinda blown away at the level of detail in quality content packed in this game.

Gonna hijack this.

I got partway through the Witcher 1 but stopped because I wasn't having fun. I've heard the Witcher 2 is better in that regard (and I have it, too, because of darn Steam sales), but I don't want to play it because I haven't finished the first one. Do I need to finish the first one in order to understand what's going on in the second?

nah bro downgrade we've been mislead the wool pulled over our eyes never trust cdpr ever again 0/10

i can't stop playing this game so good please send help

Seriously...almost every nook and cranny leads you down an interesting path. And that Blood Baron sidequestline...damn...

I heard good things, and I enjoyed the first and second one... so we'll see.

fistpound- I loved the story in the original Witcher and was lukewarm to Witcher 2. In Witcher 1,
the whole Alvin twist and reveal blew my mind.

Not yet, but I'm planning to. I haven't had much time for gaming recently.

I kind of am. I'm only about an hour into it, though. I've never played the first two and don't really plan to.

It's hard for me to recommend Witcher to anybody even though it's a personal favorite. The game requires you to stomach a wonky combat system and a large investment of time before it gets good. But it pays it back in spades.

Sounds like DA3.

...which I didn't finish yet @_@

I played DA3...Without spoiling anything, the smallest sidequests in Witcher 3 feel like meaningful content whereas that's not really the case in DA3.

I got partway through the Witcher 1 but stopped because I wasn't having fun. I've heard the Witcher 2 is better in that regard (and I have it, too, because of darn Steam sales), but I don't want to play it because I haven't finished the first one. Do I need to finish the first one in order to understand what's going on in the second?

Not really. They're all pretty self contained and I think there are videos you can watch that summarize the main plots. I'd say the same with Witcher 3 in regards to Witcher 2 and Witcher.

By the way, where'd you stop in Witcher 1?

StMeph

I played Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, saw the plot synopsis as a refresher for Witcher 3 in the OT and realized that I didn't remember ANY of the major plot points from either of the two games. They were pretty forgettable.

Rainy

Banned
I do! It's like one of those crack games where the short play intervals make you feel like you can get just one more game in, and the next thing you know it's 4AM.

Now I feel like playing the game again, but I'm stuck here at work being a code monkey.

Yes. Add me!

Yep! Addictive game.

I want to add all three of you if possible. Are your Nintendo IDs in that Google doc in the Splatoon OT?

Erheller

Not really. They're all pretty self contained and I think there are videos you can watch that summarize the main plots. I'd say the same with Witcher 3 in regards to Witcher 2 and Witcher.

By the way, where'd you stop in Witcher 1?

Maybe I'll give Witcher 2 a try soon, then. Anything I should know before jumping in?

I don't remember what the area is called, but
it's the first area inside the actual city. I was mostly done with most of the quests in the area and I just had to find a tower of some sorts for a private investigator.

zeemumu

There's a HP post that made me SUPER curious about what houses y'all would be in.

(If you like HP!)

Where did Pottermore sort you? What House do you think you would have been sorted into?

I want to see where everyone is :D. I got put in Ravenclaw and probably would have ended up there because I'm not brave, good/hard-working, or evil. Plus I love books @_@

I got Ravenclaw because I'd be the "I need ALL THE MAGIC" person. Combining spells in combat to make a unique fighting style and automating a lot of tedious processes using magic. Knowledge seems ideal in a magic-based world.

Maybe I'll give Witcher 2 a try soon, then. Anything I should know before jumping in?

I don't remember what the area is called, but
it's the first area inside the actual city. I was mostly done with most of the quests in the area and I just had to find a tower of some sorts for a private investigator.

That's where I took a long hiatus too. I just remember being overwhelmed with a bunch of quests. Funny thing is, once you get over that initial quest overflow, the
Vizima investigations
was an amazing act.

suzu

I want to get into Witcher 3, but I don't really feel like going through the previous games. D:

Slytherin fo' lyfe. (Even though I own a Gryffindor scarf.)

Can someone post a link to the Harry Potter thing?

I played Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, saw the plot synopsis as a refresher for Witcher 3 in the OT and realized that I didn't remember ANY of the major plot points from either of the two games. They were pretty forgettable.
Did you get PAD Z + Mario?

There's a HP post that made me SUPER curious about what houses y'all would be in.

(If you like HP!)

Where did Pottermore sort you? What House do you think you would have been sorted into?

I want to see where everyone is :D. I got put in Ravenclaw and probably would have ended up there because I'm not brave, good/hard-working, or evil. Plus I love books @_@

Hufflepuff here 🙋

StMeph

Did you get PAD Z + Mario?

I haven't really touched handheld gaming since the DS, so I didn't get into PADZ + Mario.

The 3DS has a really nice library now, but I still don't think I'd get into it with so many other things on full-scale PC/console titles when at home, and all mobile gaming has been replaced with mobile phones.

Boooo, I got Gryffindor. :C Should have been Hufflepuff...

8. What kind of instrument most pleases your ear? This was a difficult question for me.

zeemumu

I'm slowly starving to death in this library because my last class doesn't start for over an hour and I refused to give up my chair in front of the window with an outlet for my laptop.

Your Result: RAVENCLAW

74%
Congratulations! You have been sorted into Ravenclaw, the house of intelligence, curiosity, individualism, and wit. You are amongst other Ravenclaws, such as: Cho Chang, and Luna Lovegood.

68%GRYFFINDOR!

58%HUFFLEPUFF!

42%SLYTHERIN!

I haven't really touched handheld gaming since the DS, so I didn't get into PADZ + Mario.

The 3DS has a really nice library now, but I still don't think I'd get into it with so many other things on full-scale PC/console titles when at home, and all mobile gaming has been replaced with mobile phones.
I actually got my New 3DS strictly for Xenoblade. Then, you know, PAD Z happened.

I thought I'd ask, since you're still using your Valkyrie avatar. I personally quit all mobile games. Fuck them. I'd rather a PAD that can end.

Oh yeah, concerning the Harry Potter ride, I don't want to set your expectations high, but it's probably the best ride currently existing. It's like a combination of Haunted Mansion, Soarin' Over California, and Indiana Jones, and it's better than any ride at any Disney, Universal, or Six Flags parks.

I also say this as a non-fan, since I never even read the books.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=166210711

:p

Or you mean the house quiz :p?
http://www.gotoquiz.com/pottermore_sorting_quiz_all_possible_question

2 Ravenclaw, 1 Hufflepuff.

(You're like the female version of Cedric Diggory I bet, YesNo! Or Tonks :eek:? )

Woah, I didn't realise there was a thread about how Hufflepuff would be the best house!!!

That's sort of very un-Hufflepuff like to me...XD

Um... I dunno I think more like Tonks maybe, ... But really more like the side characters that didn't even get named... .____.;;;;

StMeph

I wish they'd make Mario Party for the DS. Would play so hard.

Mario Party is the only game where the worst player at the game wins the game.

(Mario Party isn't a game.)

I thought I'd ask, since you're still using your Valkyrie avatar. I personally quit all mobile games. Fuck them. I'd rather a PAD that can end.

I don't actually play PAD much, but it's hard to drop the/mai waifu.

Top Bottom