• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Curious what is the ethnic makeup of the top 1% richest people in the world. I think the majority would be white ? We should target our collective hatred to those instead :p

Same thing happening here in Vancouver as well. Not denying that Chinese are not coming in and buying up lots of properties. However, the majority of those who buy in some of the most expensive areas here are not Asian. They're Europeans, Americans and sometimes Iranian. At least, that's according to statistics dug up by our local news source.

I wish I didn't go through that China thread. I can barely put up a fight.

I'm exhausted from 4 hours of math class and I'm terrible at math.

THIS ASIAN SUCKS AT MATH.

zeemumu

I'm guessing that China thread derailed into racism since the last time I looked at it.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add "thread" to that. I thought that thread was about hit and run. How did it get out of hand so quickly?

vern

I don't even know why I bother. People have already concluded all of China is fucked up, and white people are better than Asians.

Lol yeah people are idiots over in that thread, they have no idea about China.

I'm sitting on the train now from Beijing to Shanghai and dude next to me just offered to let me charge my phone with his cord. People sure are rude fucking animals out here. I'm surprised he didn't spit on me.

Timbuktu

An uncomfortably large number of gaffers has a very warped and sometimes racist views on China. The worst and the most ridiculous stories from China get posted everyday in the same vein as those G/A/F. I know that China hasn't produced stuff like anime and video games the people here love, but from the sound of it people would just love to see China fail. If mods lock those threads of miserable news stories, I'm not sure why ones about China are ok.

zeemumu

I don't even know why I bother. People have already concluded all of China is fucked up, and white people are better than Asians.

You can't logic racism out of someone. But you can stomp their influence into the ground and then phase them out of reality so that their opinions and input are about as influential as a pimple on the butt of the world's smallest amoeba. There's a point where every bullshit opinion hits a dead end and people just devolve into "well whatever." I have a particular dislike of nonsensical reasoning because I've had to live with it for most of my life.

I have no love for China. I've only been there once as a teen.

I'm more attuned to being an American, and New York City, but I sure as fucking hell won't declare stupid statements like "ALL OF CHINA IS BEYOND FUCKED".

Insane stories gets posted about Americans get posted everyday, but I ain't gonna declare we Americans are beyond fucked.

zeemumu

Since the topic shifted to the morality of generalizing the behavior of the entirety of China, I never really got my question answered: how DO you get away with running someone over 5 times with just a fine?

Since the topic shifted to the morality of generalizing the behavior of the entirety of China, I never really got my question answered: how DO you get away with running someone over 5 times with just a fine?

I honestly think China's problems are due to the fact that they're developing too fast as a nation.

StMeph

I just mean in general, how do you get away with that?

Because the case at that point is simple: the person hit is now dead, which carries a legal limit on the civil penalty that can be assessed -- from the thread, it looks like $70,000. If your question is, "why isn't it murder?", I think the difficulty there is in making the case. It's not that simple to prove, especially as the driver will swear up and down that it was an accident/unintentional.

zeemumu

Because the case at that point is simple: the person hit is now dead, which carries a legal limit on the civil penalty that can be assessed -- from the thread, it looks like $70,000. If your question is, "why isn't it murder?", I think the difficulty there is in making the case. It's not that simple to prove, especially as the driver will swear up and down that it was an accident/unintentional.

5 times though? Twice maybe, but five times?! That's like the Dick Cheney school of accidents

SRG01

Threads like that makes me wish that the people behind Humans of New York would visit East Asia or China just to shatter some of those stereotypes. They've already done a good job with other places in the world... even Pakistan and Iran got a visit this year!

SystemBug

Threads like that makes me wish that the people behind Humans of New York would visit East Asia or China just to shatter some of those stereotypes. They've already done a good job with other places in the world... even Pakistan and Iran got a visit this year!
I would say Pakistan was in desperate need of one.

Also the dude only went to Pakistan because he got paid to shoot someone's wedding there

y2dvd

I used to live in Houston just about all my life until 3 years ago. Now I line in Dallas. It's not all so bad. Well, weather is gonna suck, especially after living I'm Cali but you just gotta deal with it. Lots of good eatery here.

vern

I'm doing something like this. Not exactly ... But yeah I'm starting in October across China. I'll post about it here once I get going. Heading on a holiday to USA/Australia first. I'd love to change some minds about China. I love the people here.

I suppose I should say they aren't handling as well as Korea or Japan haha.

Admittedly China is much larger so that is a factor. Japan ,honestly I feel due to quite early successful industrialization is a different case entirely. Korea though yeah I can say you can make comparisons ; my father was in Seoul during the late 70 to early 80s and he is shocked at how much the city has grown.

Well I can't say I am particular fond of the People's Republic which I feel is reasonable though I hope China will improve its faults especially considering I absolutely love the history and culture and it annoys me to no end that so many ancient texts from them don't have an readily accessible English translation .

Happy Labor Day y'all, hope you're having a good one.

I am spending it catching up on the case brief I've ignored for the past three days. haha.

What about y'all?

I have a 500-word response for some elective class that's due tomorrow, I should get started on that... eventually... yeah...

Oh, and relevant:

JHXxspfh.jpg

clav

Man that don't like homemade cooking thread.

Anyone sense that high class superiority in some of those responses?

SystemBug

lol at Tim Horton's with my family.

White hick is like "oh wow when did Pakistan get into Tim Horton's"

Then my aunt who wears a hijab came in as well and then dude was like

"Now you just ruined my coffee"

I wanted to kick that fuckers teeth in. Honestly I would have game him a piece of my mind if I wasn't half dozing off.

playing GAFia (and winning) (we won septie!!! :D) and at work again now. not doing anything else much. chilling and enjoying life :>

will probably pick up a game to finish playing soon, but my console is at the living room and it's still too cold yet.

catching up on mangas and starting to draw again ^_______^

I have a 500-word response for some elective class that's due tomorrow, I should get started on that... eventually... yeah...

Oh, and relevant:

JHXxspfh.jpg

lol I love it. I normally try to get all my work done early but I admit as I been spending hours upon hours doing homework and getting progressively more sleep deprived it's getting harder.

Happy Labor Day y'all, hope you're having a good one.

I am spending it catching up on the case brief I've ignored for the past three days. haha.

What about y'all?

Finishing setting up my apartment and running errands. Can't believe it's so late already. :(

playing GAFia (and winning) (we won septie!!! :D) and at work again now. not doing anything else much. chilling and enjoying life :>

will probably pick up a game to finish playing soon, but my console is at the living room and it's still too cold yet.

Working on labor day and it's cold? What kind of upside down country do you live in??? O.O

Aww, yeah! Nailed 4 Mafia in a row to win the game!

Saturday, I took my dogs to the dog park. Yesterday, I took them to the dog beach. Today...laundry. Not everyday can be an adventure.

I have two shih-tzus, a maltese, and a shih-tzu/maltese (supposedly, though I think he's a maltipoo) mix.

11953171_10103678170977731_9103003598677979449_n.jpg

I also kind of have a malamute/husky mix and a husky, but they stay with my mom, and I don't see them all the time.

omg you has four!!! *________* so cute! and awwwww dog beach day~ that's super awesome :D i have to drive quite considerable distance to get to the nearest dog beach so i havent taken my dogs to the beach in over a year :< sad

zeemumu

I have two shih-tzus, a maltese, and a shih-tzu/maltese (supposedly, though I think he's a maltipoo) mix.

11953171_10103678170977731_9103003598677979449_n.jpg

I also kind of have a malamute/husky mix and a husky, but they stay with my mom, and I don't see them all the time.

I have a golden retriever. He's really energetic.

Edit: Some shit just happened next door. Cops are here. Threats of nudity were made and followed through on.

Top Bottom