• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Not really a spoiler but I'll put in tags just in case.

Just came across my first faction house thing? Does it matter which faction I give it to? It says that faction will appear nearby but not really anything else.

Amir0x said:
Fuck man the Collector's Edition is such a cheap piece of shit

why, why do I always fall for this crap :lol
Which one? I cancelled my pre-order for the Codex Edition, as it didn't have enough bang for my buck. I got the Auditore edition instead, for a mere 5 euros more than I would've bought the regular edition. I had a fifteen euro coupon for it, and I still feel like Ubisoft stole my money. Assassin's Creed II's CE was crap (there were spelling errors all over the art booklet, as I recall), and the lame stuff they threw into this one makes me wonder who comes up with these editions.

Amir0x

Banned
the shitty one with the fucking Jack in the Box

a fucking Jack in the Box, and the key broke the second I took it out

CheapCrapACBrotherhood.jpg

ACBrotherhoodKeyBroke.jpg

MjFrancis

I hope they tweak the MP scoring in Wanted. A really simple idea to cut out most of the full-frontal assaults completely devoid of stealth would be to multiply the score you get by killing silently and reduce the score you get by killing out in the open. Take those 100 point kills and cut that shit in half.

Actually, add the point multipliers from the Manhunt game type while you're at it. If you received 15 points every five seconds for staying hidden, people wouldn't be running along the rooftops like assholes because you couldn't win that way. You would have to really pick and choose your opportunities to take chase. It would be a much better game of cat and mouse. Not a third-person stabber, which the majority of Wanted matches devolve into.

I never thought I'd say this, but the day and mouse gameplay really would benefit from frat person. Being able to scan around you with the camera cuts down on the tension.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
YuriLowell said:
Is there any way to put this in Italian like I did for Assassins Creed 2?

I loved that in that game.

Yes.

I like keeping it English with the Italian sprinkled in, myself. I know some people say the Italian is more immersive, but I don't think reading subtitles is particularly immersive to me. And there's actually an explanation for why the Italian gets sprinkled in this time around. Although I don't know if the game gives you different information if you set it to full Italian....

jett

D-Member
Vlodril said:
Well got the disk today and although the game is great , for the ps3 its a abysmal port. Not that the previous games where gems (the first one hard locked my ps3) but its worst than 2. There is alot of stuttering for me , like it stops to load the city or something. Its annoying as hell. Also there is a lot of loading going on, that could be on all the versions though. Really miss the seamless way Uncharted plays(yes i realize there is alot more going on in AC).

Anyway i am getting the same vibe as AC2 which is good because that game rocked i just wish developers made better technical quality games at this point in the generation.

Are you getting little pauses in the game? Like it suddenly stops for a second?

Sai-kun

Banned
Cluster/16 spoilers
I love love love love LOVE conspiracy stories :lol The one cluster where you get to hear a phone call about the guy who found a channel between channels on TV and it's a huge profile on him and his son.

Then the customer service lady transfers him to someone else, they send a "technician" over, then you hear his kid in the background saying "daddy there's someone at the door banging hard!" and the other customer service guy says "have a nice day" then hangs up. :lol Jesus, Abstergo killed a father and son. Wow.

MjFrancis

RedStep said:
Yeah, level 50 is something like 1.2 million XP. I average around 2k in a 10-minute round so far. I'm looking at 100 hours of in-match time. Fuu
I just caught this reply. I may be inclined to agree with your assessment since the matchmaking is broken. Even if you play Manhunt instead of Wanted (which yields much more points per 10 minute round, due to the multipliers for hiding), the time wasted with the shitty matchmaking cuts down on the number of matches you can play an hour. I usually only get in 3-4 an hour. Don't think I've gotten five yet.

Thought this would be a quick cash-in while they finish AC3. Didn't know this would be game of the year for me. Fantastic game!

leng jai

Amir0x said:
Fuck man the Collector's Edition is such a cheap piece of shit

why, why do I always fall for this crap :lol

Oh penis. How many tracks are on the OST? I bet its another one of those incomplete sampler discs.

ezekial45

Banned
The Assassin missions and recruitment is pretty addicting. :lol

Just found the first Glyph. This was one of my favorite parts of the AC2, and they seem to be much more challenging this time around. Hopefully the video that is unlocked is just as awesome as the previous one.

jett

D-Member
Oh man I just ran into a HUGE GLITCH, for fuck's sake I hope my saved game didn't get fuck.

I am now running through the streets of Rome as Desmond.

dwebo

jett said:
Oh man I just ran into a HUGE GLITCH, for fuck's sake I hope my saved game didn't get fuck.

I am now running through the streets of Rome as Desmond.
Did you accidentally turn on the
outfit
?

jett

D-Member
dwebo said:
Did you accidentally turn on the
outfit
?

Nope, I quit the game during the
"Truth program"
. Poor guy couldn't use any weapons. :lol Glitch fixed itself.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Beowulf28 said:
I probably should have mentioned it actually wasn't a spoiler :lol

Given how fucked up this series is, it's pretty easy to see how something like that might actually happen. :lol

Actually, I consider it a spoiler that what was posted WASN'T a spoiler! That removes a potential possibility for how the story goes!

dwebo

jett said:
How do you access cheats btw?
Options menu, though I think they only show up when you replay stuff, which is kinda lame since they already disable saving when you turn one on.

No idea if this has been mentioned (but probably has) but has anybody noticed this white glare any time you're in 16th Century Rome? It fills the top half of the screen and it's hugely annoying, since it even appears at night, when I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be. I mean, the Desmond parts look fine, but this white glare is annoying. Playing the PS3 version btw.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
MrPink93485 said:
No idea if this has been mentioned (but probably has) but has anybody noticed this white glare any time you're in 16th Century Rome? It fills the top half of the screen and it's hugely annoying, since it even appears at night, when I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be. I mean, the Desmond parts look fine, but this white glare is annoying. Playing the PS3 version btw.

It's a stupid posteffect to simulate some sort of glow coming from the sun/moon. It's there on PS3 and 360.

jett

D-Member
MrPink93485 said:

If it's unnaturally intense then there's something wrong with the disc probably, it's not loading properly. Does this happen every time you start up the game?

Ether_Snake said:
It's a stupid posteffect to simulate some sort of glow coming from the sun/moon. It's there on PS3 and 360.

And it never goes away? *Sigh* It annoys me frankly. I wish they gave you an option to turn that off.

jett said:
If it's unnaturally intense then there's something wrong with the disc probably, it's not loading properly. Does this happen every time you start up the game?

It definitely seems more intense than it should be at some points. I've only loaded up the game once from the XMB, but I did exit to the main menu and went back and it was still fairly present.

jett

D-Member
Played some multi, almost forgot there was MP in it. :p Seems OK, I'm not sure how much life it's gonna get, seems really simple and a bit skill-less.

dwebo

jett said:
Played some multi, almost forgot there was MP in it. :p Seems OK, I'm not sure how much life it's gonna get, seems really simple and a bit skill-less.
Yeah, just played two matches and OK would be how I describe it, too. It's certainly different than most everything else out there, anyway.

Is there a way to mute people in the ps3 version? I swear to god, I think it's a requirement that if you talk on psn you have to have a shitty, static-filled mic. :lol

edit: awesome, thanks killthee

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
dwebo said:
Yeah, just played two matches and OK would be how I describe it, too. It's certainly different than most everything else out there, anyway.

Is there a way to mute people in the ps3 version? I swear to god, I think it's a requirement that if you talk on psn you have to have a shitty, static-filled mic. :lol
Press start and look for the scoreboard (I think it's called List of Abstergo Agents or something like that), you can mute from there.

Nemesis_

Does anyone know how the STUN works in Multiplayer?

Sometimes I mash B hoping that it will work but it hardly ever does.

Or does the game become smart enough to only let you press it once and if you don't press it at the right time, that's it?

Sai-kun

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
Does anyone know how the STUN works in Multiplayer?

Sometimes I mash B hoping that it will work but it hardly ever does.

Or does the game become smart enough to only let you press it once and if you don't press it at the right time, that's it?

If you're facing them and they haven't been smoke bomb'd, don't bother. You're dead. It only works from behind

dwebo

Sai-kun said:
If you're facing them and they haven't been smoke bomb'd, don't bother. You're dead. It only works from behind
I could've sworn someone stunned me in the face a game or two ago. I haven't been able to get it to work, though I hardly ever notice someone before they kill me. :lol

I'm enjoying it a lot more now that I have a good idea of what each character actually looks like. Well, that and the early leveling is quick and the rewards plenty (gotta fill dem bars). Assigning more contracts against people at the top of the leaderboard is brilliant.

rataven

MrPink93485 said:
Is it coming from the areas of Rome that are still off limits? If it is, then that annoying glare is supposed to be there.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm now able to recruit Assassin's in the single player...I won't move the actual campaign forward for hours now, dammit. :lol

Top Bottom