• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Never going to Plat this. I have 87% of the trophies but i'll never get all the Multiplayer trophies. Curse the man that put them in!

Najaf

I never realized how much I enjoyed the probe achievements gave to accomplish things until I realized how they don't exist here. I love the game, but the achievements are a bit disappointing.

There is no incentive to buy all the locations or 100% anything for that matter. I don't check achievements until I beat a game generally, so I was going on blind faith as I worked my way through the guild challenges and bought everything in sight. I was putting my Assassins through all of the contracts. I was buying all the faction buildings (still don't know why those are there), and I was making sure to get all the viewpoints.

Sadly, the incentive the older games provided is missing. Even removing one multiplayer achievement like the 'needle in a haystack' and replacing it with 'attain 100% in game stats' would have been great. All those side missions, paintings to be bought, shop contracts (which I have not completed one because of one or two super rare ingredients/items), and really expensive landmarks are kind of just left there with no achievement attached except the little ones at the start.

It is a great game, but I wish there was some form of achievement recognition for the completionists out there.

Najaf said:
I was buying all the faction buildings (still don't know why those are there)

The only reason I could think of was it put your faction of choice in that area. Not really that useful. I didn't purchase any of them till post-game.

Coldsnap said:
this game is racist; all the black horses are way faster than the rest.

I didn't notice any difference in the horses.......

Does anyone else have this problem? During certain times of day it looks like this.

Should look like:
FzfPX.jpg

Looks like:
IvV8Y.jpg

SO ANNOYING! Ugh, it's terrible looking. It's especially apparent during cutscenes. But when I turn on Eagle vision it's not visible and at night also. I'm assuming it's some fake bloom effect, but this can't be real. It's even pixelated, not a nice gradient.

Darknessbear said:
Does anyone else have this problem? During certain times of day it looks like this.

This has happened to me couple of times (PS3 version). My first thought was that something was wrong with my tv, or that the brightness adjustment was off. It's sad that they probarly made it this way on purpose.

GcRayden

DualShadow said:
There really needs to be a start from checkpoint option when replaying memories.

Some of the sections can be pretty long and can be frustrating to fail a condition right at the end and have to replay the entire memory.

You have read my mind, completely. I told my wife that the game's only flaw was that you had to quit a sneaking mission 2 minutes in and do it all over again because you failed 100% sync.

I was wondering if anyone else notices that some items used within the memory are used up when you restart? Like one of the missions told me not to kill anyone for 100% sync, so I ran through people and used my smoke bombs, but when I ended up failing and restarting the memory, I didn't have anymore smoke bombs!!

I've also had a problem where it told me for 100% sync not to swim, but I ended up falling in the water so I restarted the memory and when I completed it without swimming the second time, it said 100% sync failed. I think that the game sometimes gets mixed up when restarting the memory and doesn't clear everything like it should.

jett

D-Member
Darknessbear said:

Should look like:
FzfPX.jpg

Looks like:
IvV8Y.jpg

SO ANNOYING! Ugh, it's terrible looking. It's especially apparent during cutscenes. But when I turn on Eagle vision it's not visible and at night also. I'm assuming it's some fake bloom effect, but this can't be real. It's even pixelated, not a nice gradient.

Yeah no that's not normal.

Need some help please :O:O

OK I give up, where the fuck are the items for the shop quest?
I have opened about 70% of all the treasure chest and searched about 90% of the bodies I kill.
And still I do not have the correct items for the shop quest..... :(

Darknessbear said:

Should look like:
FzfPX.jpg

Looks like:
IvV8Y.jpg

I actually like that effect, its not that pronounced as you put it, but I think its not too dissimilar to trying to look in the distance while theres blinding sunlight out.

NinjaFridge said:
Never going to Plat this. I have 87% of the trophies but i'll never get all the Multiplayer trophies. Curse the man that put them in!

Are the MP Trophies hard to get?

because I would really really love to get the Platinum in Brotherhood but I have this rule that any game with MP Trophies is a skip in Platinum for me.

so are they easy to obtain or a pain in the a** ?

Lothars

NinjaFridge said:

Can't you get the multiplayer trophies in the practice mode of multiplayer?

Ledsen

The Dutch Slayer said:
Need some help please :O:O

OK I give up, where the fuck are the items for the shop quest?
I have opened about 70% of all the treasure chest and searched about 90% of the bodies I kill.
And still I do not have the correct items for the shop quest..... :(

Yeah they're fucking impossible to find. I think there's one quest with three items where I'm at something like 1/9, 0/6, 1/7 :lol I do all the sidequests, open all the treasure chests etc.

Ledsen said:
Yeah they're fucking impossible to find. I think there's one quest with three items where I'm at something like 1/9, 0/6, 1/7 :lol I do all the sidequests, open all the treasure chests etc.
Exactly WTF :O:O me too, I do ALL the sidequest and EVERY little thing I can do and still not the correct items for those shop quest.......

Can't wait until the CE guide from amazon is here so I can see precisely where its at.

jett

D-Member
PROTIP FOR THE SHOPQUESTS

There's a "Thief" sidequest where you get ambushed by dozens of thieves from another gang, actually it's an unlimited supply of thieves until you step out of the designated area. You can use this quest to your advantage to loot their corpses for items.

It's also gonna require dumb luck. :p I finished the shopquests way, way after the endgame.

rataven said:
I think some of the shop quest items can only be found on the Borgia couriers. Try tackling a few of those guys.

yep - wasn't getting anywhere with the chests either, then tackled one of these guys & suddenly it all made sense :) ...

got this for the MP last night, and HOLY CRAP its awesome. Even better than what I expected. I hit level 10 and got around 8 or 9 matches in, mostly 'wanted'. Took 3 or 4 matches to catch the rhythm of the game and understand it, but once i did, I placed 1st 4 times! The game is exhilarating, this is everything I ever wanted out of a stealth game. I love how you're rewarded for style and variety of the kill over the kill itself. Evading people and luring them to kill a civilian is like nothing I've ever experienced in a multiplayer game.

I'm having trouble understanding stun and how to use it. I usually just run and hide from my hunters, and sometimes will use disguise, which is awesome. If anyone can explain how stun works, I would be obliged.

I'm dying to get back into the game though, such a nice change of pace from online FPS's

Hixx

Darknessbear said:

Should look like:
[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/FzfPX.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like:
[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/IvV8Y.jpg[/IMG]

Looks stupid imo, I always think its the game glitching out with some of the overlays they put on the pause menu not fading away properly :/

Jb

MrCompletely said:
I'm having trouble understanding stun and how to use it. I usually just run and hide from my hunters, and sometimes will use disguise, which is awesome. If anyone can explain how stun works, I would be obliged.
It seems like you need to incapacitate your pursuer first in some way. The most obvious way of doing this being the smoke bomb. Once they're caught in the smoke, you're guaranteed a successful stun.

Nakiro

I thin you can stun them either way, it's just that their kill will always have a priority, unless you can sneak by him somehow and stun him before he sees you.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
God the controls need an overhaul, Ezio controls like a toilet brush.

fernoca

Rebel Leader said:
I have the game in my hands but I'm not allowed to open it.

OH THE TEMPTATION!
:lol
Reminds me of my friend. I got him to get the game, he did yesterday; but he can't open it till later today or tomorrow, because his daughter decided that she bought the game for him, so he has to wait till she decides to give him the gift. She "bought it at Wal-Mart, when she was shopping" too. She's 4. :lol

Ranger X

jett said:
PROTIP FOR THE SHOPQUESTS

There's a "Thief" sidequest where you get ambushed by dozens of thieves from another gang, actually it's an unlimited supply of thieves until you step out of the designated area. You can use this quest to your advantage to loot their corpses for items.

It's also gonna require dumb luck. :p I finished the shopquests way, way after the endgame.

Seriously, where do you find some Aconite? That's all I am missing :((

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ranger X said:
Seriously, where do you find some Aconite? That's all I am missing :((

I think the only place you can get Aconite is from the Borgia couriers.

KdoubleA

Nakiro said:
I thin you can stun them either way, it's just that their kill will always have a priority, unless you can sneak by him somehow and stun him before he sees you.

Exactly right.

Also, the Abilities that help you stun are: Smoke Bomb, Mute, and Power Charge. It's always best to avoid pursuers. Also, if you're blending in a crowd or hiding and you see a pursuer using Templar Vision (they shimmer for a bit) to spot you and you dont have one of these on you (or they haven't reloaded), then don't just stand there...GTFO and hide somewhere else :p

I love the MP so much, it's one of my favorites. I played a ton of it since release, I think I'm number 17 or so on the worldwide ranked leaderboards (PSN: Punishing_Soul). Btw, like someone mentioned before, it's best to get your kills Incognito as much as you can, you'll get a ton of points. There's no need to rush to get your kill.

KdoubleA said:
Exactly right.

Also, the Abilities that help you stun are: Smoke Bomb, Mute, and Power Charge. It's always best to avoid pursuers. Also, if you're blending in a crowd or hiding and you see a pursuer using Templar Vision (they shimmer for a bit) to spot you and you dont have one of these on you (or they haven't reloaded), then don't just stand there...GTFO and hide somewhere else :p

I love the MP so much, it's one of my favorites. I played a ton of it since release, I think I'm number 17 or so on the worldwide ranked leaderboards (PSN: Punishing_Soul). Btw, like someone mentioned before, it's best to get your kills Incognito as much as you can, you'll get a ton of points. There's no need to rush to get your kill.

17? jeez. Add me to (PSN: KILLTHEM16) as I need people who are actually playing and will kick my ass so im forced to get even better haha.

Is there a community board for this game because I think I might need to add my name to it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
xKilltheMx said:
17? jeez. Add me to (PSN: KILLTHEM16) as I need people who are actually playing and will kick my ass so im forced to get even better haha.

Is there a community board for this game because I think I might need to add my name to it.

I came across 2 guys last night, one was 44 and the other was 46.

NIN90

Why the hell are these people writing E-Mails to each other? It's 4 dudes in the same fucking room all the time.
Maybe they are into that knowing feeling when you just sent your mail and they read your shit and then your eyes meet?

People having trouble with shop quests make sure you buy all the treasure maps as well cause they add new chests and items.

I found some important items in some tombs and other just from treasure chests and looting thieves and messengers. Also some contracts give items you might need.

I still need 1 more silk :(

GcRayden said:
You have read my mind, completely. I told my wife that the game's only flaw was that you had to quit a sneaking mission 2 minutes in and do it all over again because you failed 100% sync.

I was wondering if anyone else notices that some items used within the memory are used up when you restart? Like one of the missions told me not to kill anyone for 100% sync, so I ran through people and used my smoke bombs, but when I ended up failing and restarting the memory, I didn't have anymore smoke bombs!!

I've also had a problem where it told me for 100% sync not to swim, but I ended up falling in the water so I restarted the memory and when I completed it without swimming the second time, it said 100% sync failed. I think that the game sometimes gets mixed up when restarting the memory and doesn't clear everything like it should.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Kinda annoying on the longer missions where you use a lot of items. I just try to loot as many as possible so if I fail I have some items to start with again. But yeah a checkpoint restart feature would be nice.

KdoubleA

xKilltheMx said:

Just added you now. I'll be playing most of the night so send me an invite whenever you want.

spidye

I am starting to get pissed at acb. the frame rate is so ridiculous. constantly below the stable 30 fps mark. I don't give a crap about graphics or framerates normally.
I am playing just cause 2 right now too and not only is the map far bigger than rome, it looks also much better compared to acb AND the framerate is really solid and stable.

spidye

ZephyrFate said:
Huh? Brotherhood is better looking than ACII.
I've never sad it looks worse than ac2. the framerate has to be worse. at least I wasn't so pissed at ac2 framerate if I remember correctly.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I really want some stability in AC3. The performance is getting worse with each game. Also, use MLAA Ubi!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jett said:
Yeah no that's not normal.

Yes it is normal. It's a stupid post effect that makes a sort of bloom in the top part of the screen.

jett

D-Member
Ether_Snake said:
Yes it is normal. It's a stupid post effect that makes a sort of bloom in the top part of the screen.

Doesn't look like that on my copy of the PS3 version unless I'm near the boundaries of an area.

Ledsen

NinjaFridge said:
I think the only place you can get Aconite is from the Borgia couriers.

Where the hell can I find Borgia couriers? I've almost certainly played this game for 15+ hours and am only at sequence 6 (because the game is just that good), but I don't think I've seen a Borgia courier even once in the entire game.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ether_Snake said:

I've never noticed it before that screenshot.

Ledsen said:
Where the hell can I find Borgia couriers? I've almost certainly played this game for 15+ hours and am only at sequence 6 (because the game is just that good), but I don't think I've seen a Borgia courier even once in the entire game.

They just randomly appear, sucks but i don't think there is anything you can do.

Ranger X

Ledsen said:

There's one spawing right on Tiber Island near the entrance of the hideout. I killed it like 20 times so far (and didn't get an aconite) :p

Top Bottom