• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Hm, it doesn't seem to register properly. Do you need to get a trophy for the list to appear? In any case, I'll just do it the hard way!

No story spoilers.

- Participate in 100 multiplayer battles.
- Complete 30 economy missions in multiplayer.
- Achieve maximum level in multiplayer.

Welp. Thanks a ton though. Really looking forward to this game.

dreamfall

Oh i completely missed them.

Collectathon trophies AND multiplayer trophies. What a combination :p

I secretly love Collectathon trophies... In some ways I think it encourages the player to scour the environment and appreciate little things developers created in the world.

Give me this game noooow!

God damn multiplayer trophies. Stop doing that ubisoft!

Seriously the worst thing to ever happen to achievements.

THANKS PERFECT DARK ZERO

Oh i completely missed them.

Collectathon trophies AND multiplayer trophies. What a combination :p

I have Vita games with local MP only trophies. Those are by far the worst.

ffs multiplayer trophies.

Boo this!

Collectathon trophies are fine by me. But if I see MP trophies, or even various difficulty trophies, I kiss that platinum goodbye.

Peff

n50Mp.jpg

dygvC.jpg

93aq6.jpg

7NLqd.jpg

Game's definitely a looker, though the sub-qHD res and the framerate prevent it from being one of the passes-for-console-version games like VT4. It's still impressive, though, and it definitely feels like a mainline AC title, just a little rougher round the edges.

Yea, I hope they take the MP out PSB:AS too since competitive MP somehow isn't ideal for a handheld. :p Just because it's a handheld doesn't mean people can't handle a 10 minute game. If anything, the short AC MP would be perfect for it since it doesn't take long to play a match. The Vita handles MP quite well and I wouldn't say it's not ideal.

So wait, SP AC same like PS3 is 'great!', but MP AC same as PS3 is somehow 'not ideal for a handheld'? How does that work? Let's face it, Vita could've handled MP just fine, maybe in smaller groups 4 vs. 4. For some reason Ubisoft decided to handle to differently. My guess would be they simply do not have faith in Vita and opted to just throw something together.

My guess would be they simply do not have faith in Vita and opted to just throw something together.

My guess is they didn't have time/manpower. What does faith have to do with it? I agree that Vita should have no problem with robust multiplayer modes.

Anyway, lol @ that trophy list. No platinum for me.

Ken

Hm, the screens look alright but now I'm considering just picking up the console version for the better looking game. Grr.

Russell

Hm, the screens look alright but now I'm considering just picking up the console version for the better looking game. Grr.
The Vita's black level is superior than any TV on the market today. And black level is the most important aspect of picture quality. So in a very real way, the Vita Assassin's Creed will look better than the console version.

You're all babies! I'm going all GraveRobberX on this game. You can't beat me Ubisoft!

I could barely make it through reading the entire trophy list... I have no chance at the plat :(

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
It is nice to see Sony actually advertising this, not only do they seem to be running their own adverts for AC3 here in the UK while showing Liberation next to it at the end of it they are running separate adverts for Liberation on its own.

I wish I wasn't waiting till Christmas to get both of these, that was a bad decision on my part, my mum wanted to get me something so I throw them both out.

demolitio

So wait, SP AC same like PS3 is 'great!', but MP AC same as PS3 is somehow 'not ideal for a handheld'? How does that work? Let's face it, Vita could've handled MP just fine, maybe in smaller groups 4 vs. 4. For some reason Ubisoft decided to handle to differently. My guess would be they simply do not have faith in Vita and opted to just throw something together.

Uhhh, that's what I was saying. Look at what I was responding to and you'll see that is sarcasm in the beginning. I was saying the Vita can very well handle MP that would fit just fine so the old belief that handhelds shouldn't do competitive MP is ridiculous. It's different times.

Basically, you're saying the same thing I am...lol

Epcott

Taking this avy!
U3ut4.jpg

Awesome OT!
I'm short on cash, so I'm picking this up before AC: III. I guess it'll work out, as I want to see this side story's conclusion before Desmonds anyways.

OmegaZero

Taking this avy!
U3ut4.jpg

Awesome OT!
I'm short on cash, so I'm picking this up before AC: III. I guess it'll work out, as I want to see this side story's conclusion before Desmonds anyways.

Already taken. I couldn't update it from the computer I'm at currently.
Sorry.

EDIT: If you want, I could make a similar one a few hours from now.

On the other hand, that's actually a good thing. Having a budget the size of one of the console installments, with everything outsourced between 3-5 studios is a BAD thing for the Vita because it would be an enormous bomb. Whereas the way it is now, developed by a relatively small team at Ubisoft Sofia, there's a much greater chance it'll be successful.

You're really not going to buy it because of that? We don't even know what multiplayer is like yet.

I usually worry about getting games near launch if the MP trophies aren't too bad because that is when the MP modes are most active and you can knock them out quickly. I'm guessing this is even more pressing when the MP you're about to play is on a platform that may not be performing that well at retail.

(AC MP in generally is always slower too so... :/)

I've got little to no chance of getting these ones so I can wait quite a bit before I get the game ... I'll still get it.

... just note that the Assassin's Creed MP is the onlycompetitive multi-player I've played that I've enjoyed this whole generation.

Derrick01

Banned
You're really not going to buy it because of that? We don't even know what multiplayer is like yet.

While I'm not supporting the "don't buy it because of MP trophies" thing, we trophy whores don't care what the MP is like. Most of us will not bother playing it and will not go for platinum's with MP trophies that go beyond anything like win a game or play a single game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Collectathon trophies are fine by me. But if I see MP trophies, or even various difficulty trophies, I kiss that platinum goodbye.
I'm the same way. I feel really shy when it comes to MP. I don't mind collectathon trophies as much as I should, but MP trophies? No thanks.

Ah, but in retrospect it was a push you wanted and needed! AC2 is un capolavoro and is by far my favorite PS3 purchase. GOTG... unless this one surpasses it!
I feel the same about AC2's soundtrack, actually. It's definitely one of my favourite soundtracks of the generation now that I can finally put some context behind it. In terms of atmosphere and narrative, I think I like AC2 the best. But in terms of mechanics, I might give the edge to Brotherhood. Throw townbuilding into a video game and I'm not able to resist at all.

I usually worry about getting games near launch if the MP trophies aren't too bad because that is when the MP modes are most active and you can knock them out quickly. I'm guessing this is even more pressing when the MP you're about to play is on a platform that may not be performing that well at retail.

(AC MP in generally is always slower too so... :/)

I've got little to no chance of getting these ones so I can wait quite a bit before I get the game ... I'll still get it.

... just note that the Assassin's Creed MP is the onlycompetitive multi-player I've played that I've enjoyed this whole generation.

Yet you haven't even bothered to read the thread and find out that Liberation's multiplayer is completely different. For all we know, Liberation's MP matches could last a minute each. Either way, I got AssBro's platinum, I'll get this one.

While I'm not supporting the "don't buy it because of MP trophies" thing, we trophy whores don't care what the MP is like. Most of us will not bother playing it and will not go for platinum's with MP trophies that go beyond anything like win a game or play a single game.

Um, I've got a few trophies myself and you'll never find me skipping a game I want to play just because of MP trophies. That's completely ridiculous. If I really want the platinum and there are MP trophies, I'll put the effort in and get them. If not, I'll get all the trophies I can and leave the rest.

Derrick01

Banned
Um, I've got a few trophies myself and you'll never find me skipping a game I want to play just because of MP trophies. That's completely ridiculous. If I really want the platinum and there are MP trophies, I'll put the effort in and get them. If not, I'll get all the trophies I can and leave the rest.

I'm never going to skip a game because of online trophies either but I'm not going to try to get them if they're anything more than what I said. Like I really don't want to play AC:L's MP to max rank, or any AC game's MP to max.

Most dedicated trophy/achievement places I've been to seem to be very turned off on the idea of online achievements/trophies. You've got people like me who detest playing multiplayer, you've got people who hate them because they're almost always poorly designed and can ruin the fun of the game, you've got people who hate them because there's effectively a time limit on them before the servers shut down and then you can never get 100%, and then you have people who don't want to do them simply because they can take a really long time (gears of wars' 50 bajillion kills, getting max rank in a game that can take 50+ hours). They're just a bad idea in general to have.

Massa

EU does do those logos. It's on my Uncharted box.

From launch day :)

Right, but they do it for IP's that they own. SCEA will put it every time they get an exclusive, even if it's only exclusive content (like AC Brotherhood).

I'm never going to skip a game because of online trophies either but I'm not going to try to get them if they're anything more than what I said. Like I really don't want to play AC:L's MP to max rank, or any AC game's MP to max.

Most dedicated trophy/achievement places I've been to seem to be very turned off on the idea of online achievements/trophies. You've got people like me who detest playing multiplayer, you've got people who hate them because they're almost always poorly designed and can ruin the fun of the game, you've got people who hate them because there's effectively a time limit on them before the servers shut down and then you can never get 100%, and then you have people who don't want to do them simply because they can take a really long time (gears of wars' 50 bajillion kills, getting max rank in a game that can take 50+ hours). They're just a bad idea in general to have.

I hate online trophies as much as anyone else but my problem was him saying that he wouldn't get it.

EU does do those logos. It's on my Uncharted box.

From launch day :)

Yet you can see right there in your own picture that Lumines doesn't have it. It depends entirely on the publisher. Namco likes it, so they threw it on Shinobido 2, Tales of Graces F, etc. Ubisoft doesn't, so it's not on Lumines, AC3 Liberation or their HD Collections. Nor do Square Enix Europe for that matter (as its not on my Army Corps of Hell case).

And let's not pretend like it's binding anyway. There've been a number of games with "exclusive" thrown on the box that weren't exclusive at all.

In other words, it doesn't mean anything.

Hopefully max level in multi isn't as time consuming as the console games. I was glad Rev only had you get to lv10 or something. Never got a Bro platinum because of that max level trophy.

Derrick01

Banned
Wait so this game doesn't have real multiplayer? It just went from first day to second week. I'll be getting ragnarok and need for speed before this.

It doesn't? What the hell is it then? I might be interested if it's not something like what was in ACB and ACR.

Top Bottom