• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

If it only has exclusive content it looks like this:

61HN7z-PMJL.jpg

I guarantee some dumbasses at walmart will look and go, "exclusive for ps3" and then look at the 360 version and go, "WTF? Not exclusive?".

They should get rid of that stupid "only on" shit, it has served its purpose and run its course. MS got rid of it, Nintendo got rid of it, time for Sony to get rid of that crap.

OmegaZero

No way,the console versions (at least the 360 ones) have been pretty polished so far.

Well, as I've indicated, I haven't played the console versions, only read impressions about them. I've only experienced the AC series on my PC (well, I've played the PSP and DS games, but those are a bit different).

Foshy

Media Markt in Switzerland is selling this already. I was tempted but eventually decided against getting it right now. I plan to get it in a few months because NFS:MW is going to be my main timesink soon and I can't afford to play too much at the moment (got an important school project to worry about).

Apparently, most swiss stores have broken street date.

I guarantee some dumbasses at walmart will look and go, "exclusive for ps3" and then look at the 360 version and go, "WTF? Not exclusive?".

They should get rid of that stupid "only on" shit, it has served its purpose and run its course. MS got rid of it, Nintendo got rid of it, time for Sony to get rid of that crap.

Which is odd considering that Sony was the last to add the "only on". They never needed it for PS1 or PS2. Wonder why they are holding onto it for so long. If it is a ploy to dupe consumers then that is bad form.

Takao

Banned
Which is odd considering that Sony was the last to add the "only on". They never needed it for PS1 or PS2. Wonder why they are holding onto it for so long. If it is a ploy to dupe consumers then that is bad form.

Because when you're not #1 you need to give reasons for why people should buy your hardware. Exclusives are that reason.

neuroned

Neo Member
Just looked Liberation up on amazon, and in the description is the following:

"Take full advantage of PlayStation Vita system touch pads, motion sensor and built-in camera to execute slow-motion chain kills, pickpocket unsuspecting victims and pursue your enemies in a canoe."

"... pursue your enemies in a canoe"? Where do I sign up?!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Why are those 360 shots making their way into this thread?

I don't believe it. I wonder if its tweaked somehow to look worse.
I suppose it's a mix of time of day, fog, and foliage clipping. I don't expect that it represents the game as a whole.

Microsoft only got rid of it because they don't have anymore exclusives mirite olololol

For those who did not see.... this is how AC3 looks on X360.

In cities it looks "better". :D
How is this relevant to the topic? Any sane person plays the big versions on PC anyway. Barring Ubisoft DRM shenanigans they are the ones to get if you care about these things. Runs great even on middling hardware.

edit:
Is this some console wars agenda? Is the PS3 version supposed to be better looking or something?

VanWinkle

http://i.imgur.com/1HPwV.jpg[/img
[img]http://i.imgur.com/T5wO5.jpg[/img
[img]http://i.imgur.com/j7rAU.jpg[/img

In cities it looks "better". :D[/QUOTE]

This was said to be not representative of the game. I tend to believe that. I'm much more excited for AC3L, but let's be realistic here.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
How is this relevant to the topic? Any sane person plays the big versions on PC anyway. Barring Ubisoft DRM shenanigans they are the ones to get if you care about these things. Runs great even on middling hardware.

edit:
Is this some console wars agenda? Is the PS3 version supposed to be better looking or something?

GTFO with that PC elitism shit.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
After playing a while last night, it looks like the single player campaign is a fully fledged "big console" campaign. Main story, side missions, collectables, weapons, inventory, pickpocketing, etc... Plenty of things to do.
The world feels alive and populated. Sometimes you'll see more than 20 civilians on screen at once, in other zones it will feel more deserted: it just feels right. It's more than people walking directionless. There are plenty of animations like dogs scratching their backs, leaves falling, dust, people working in the street. There is plenty of attention to detail.
Parcouring has many different animations, zones where you can climb, vistas, etc... I like the jump button. It is not needed when parcouring, it is used to enlarge the movements Aveline can do.
Multiplayer still not active, so i can't tell you. There are near goodies.
There are some framerate dips. For the most sensitive of you, this could be a problem. It's not for me.
The only negative for me, is the compression of audio. The OS is excellent, voices, sounds and ambiental noises are well designed, but with compression they lack punch and the whole package feels less epic. Of course, this will mostly be appreciated if you play with headphones.
Definitely a must buy.

This sounds so good, I can't wait for Tuesday!

demolitio

Well, if those AC3 shots are real, it made the wait for the PC version a whole lot easier. I just need to pace myself with AC:L so it lasts...

Sid

Why does that hill look like a giant punched it?

And yeah there's been a lot of reports going around that the 360 version is a mess, even before those shots.
Welp! i usually do my second playthroughs on the PC versions,i think i may have to wait for it or go with the PS3 version.

j7rAU.jpg

In cities it looks "better". :D

I know that is probably the textures not loading up & really is not indicative of the game technically, BUT HOLY SHIT IS THE GAME EMPTY!
Previous 4 Assassins Creed Game has bustling, populated cities with amazing multi story architecture all throughout.

THIS HAS NOTHING!

OmegaZero

I'm a fan of Aveline's design.
Though I am wondering if they included an unlockable outfit with a hood to satisfy those who don't like her default Assassin outfit.

Top Bottom