• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

OmegaZero

The multiplayer might be awesome. Who knows?
Ubisoft's silence certainly isn't helping.

Five days till launch. I wonder if/when they'll explain the multiplayer?

Ponn

Banned
i don't play MP anyway so doesn't effect me. Sucks about trophies tied to MP though, still getting it, always wanted it for that great looking single player experience. Nothing has changed on that front, looks really good and will be THE reference game for Vita for awhile. At least till Soul Sacrifice.

Something I dont understand though about the plot. We are obviously "playing" the game as someone in an animus seeing as there are animus stuff all over the game including interfaces and such. If so, then who are we playing as?

Also, something occured to me, warning speculation spoiler ahead:
since the ones that came before might have left relics in temples across the world, it occured to me that Aveline goes to an incan temple in this game.

Ponn

Banned
Something I dont understand though about the plot. We are obviously "playing" the game as someone in an animus seeing as there are animus stuff all over the game including interfaces and such. If so, then who are we playing as?

since the ones that came before might have left relics in temples across the world, it occured to me that Aveline goes to an incan temple in this game.

I'm really hoping since they are in New Orleans they delve into some supernatural stuff.

DBT85

I've never given a shite about that. I just like the climbin' and the stabbin' and the runnin' and the stabbin'.

Hopefully no mention is made of the present day sci-fi shenanigans that was present in all the others.

I've never given a shite about that. I just like the climbin' and the stabbin' and the runnin' and the stabbin'.

Hopefully no mention is made of the present day sci-fi shenanigans that was present in all the others.

Oh but I like that sci fi, conspiracy stuff. Oh well.

DBT85

Oh but I like that sci fi, conspiracy stuff. Oh well.

Hey no beef man, everyone likes different bits. I couldn't give 2 shits for multiplayer either but some will barely touch a game unless there is good multiplayer. Each to their own.

I just felt the Desmond stuff detracted from the majority of the game where I'm a cool Italian dude scything up the evil bad guys.

OmegaZero

You're in the Animus. AC3:Liberation is a commercialized version of the Animus, and you're experiencing some other person's genetic memories. Why is Abstergo allowing people to play as an Assassin when they're a front for the Templars? That's part of the mystery.
And Aveline does visit
Mayan ruins

You're in the Animus. AC3:Liberation is a commercialized version of the Animus, and you're experiencing some other person's genetic memories. Why is Abstergo allowing people to play as an Assassin when they're a front for the Templars? That's part of the mystery.
And Aveline does visit
MUayan ruins

My mistake, sorry.

Dawg

Kinda skeptical about this one, but it LOOKS so good. And the thought of playing AC on the go seems awesome.

I just hope the gameplay and polish is up there with the main franchise, or at least close to it.

Charles

The ot is closed so I guess I have to ask here;

I'm thinking of getting a vita (for this game, mainly) but my main psn account is set to a country that doesn't have a PS store. I do download stuff from another country's store on my ps3 and play it on my main (store less) account but will I be able to do this on vita?

The ot is closed so I guess I have to ask here;

I'm thinking of getting a vita (for this game, mainly) but my main psn account is set to a country that doesn't have a PS store. I do download stuff from another country's store on my ps3 and play it on my main (store less) account but will I be able to do this on vita?

Unfortunately, no. It sounds like if you do want to pick a Vita up you'd probably want to use the account for the store you download stuff from.

Charles

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. Thing is, all my friend list and trophy data (that I'm not interested in getting again, like ffxiii platinum) is on my old account. I guess Sony isn't getting my money for now.

demolitio

Kinda skeptical about this one, but it LOOKS so good. And the thought of playing AC on the go seems awesome.

I just hope the gameplay and polish is up there with the main franchise, or at least close to it.

Yea, it's pretty sad how we're all so used to being burned that we're skeptical until hearing impressions from gaffers which has eased my nerves a bit. Their quietness on MP kind of told me that wouldn't be that great, but the SP looks more and more amazing each time I see a video. Them being relatively quiet about the game in general (better this last month but still not a lot of videos of it) and it being a Ubisoft handheld game made a lot of people wonder if this would suck or not, but it's slowly changed people's minds with each and every media release.

I'm glad they're hush on the story, but I'd love to see more videos.

Dawg

Yea, it's pretty sad how we're all so used to being burned that we're skeptical until hearing impressions from gaffers which has eased my nerves a bit. Their quietness on MP kind of told me that wouldn't be that great, but the SP looks more and more amazing each time I see a video. Them being relatively quiet about the game in general (better this last month but still not a lot of videos of it) and it being a Ubisoft handheld game made a lot of people wonder if this would suck or not, but it's slowly changed people's minds with each and every media release.

I'm glad they're hush on the story, but I'd love to see more videos.

Exactly. I haven't seen/heard much from the game, and that's reason to worry in most cases. Screenshots in this thread look extremely good though, so there is yet hope.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game, I really really hope it's good.

SRTtoZ

Just preordered the AC:L White Vita bundle even though I have a black Vita already. Uh oh.

I like White.

kerrak

After playing a while last night, it looks like the single player campaign is a fully fledged "big console" campaign. Main story, side missions, collectables, weapons, inventory, pickpocketing, etc... Plenty of things to do.
The world feels alive and populated. Sometimes you'll see more than 20 civilians on screen at once, in other zones it will feel more deserted: it just feels right. It's more than people walking directionless. There are plenty of animations like dogs scratching their backs, leaves falling, dust, people working in the street. There is plenty of attention to detail.
Parcouring has many different animations, zones where you can climb, vistas, etc... I like the jump button. It is not needed when parcouring, it is used to enlarge the movements Aveline can do.
Multiplayer still not active, so i can't tell you. There are near goodies.
There are some framerate dips. For the most sensitive of you, this could be a problem. It's not for me.
The only negative for me, is the compression of audio. The OS is excellent, voices, sounds and ambiental noises are well designed, but with compression they lack punch and the whole package feels less epic. Of course, this will mostly be appreciated if you play with headphones.
Definitely a must buy.

After playing a while last night, it looks like the single player campaign is a fully fledged "big console" campaign. Main story, side missions, collectables, weapons, inventory, pickpocketing, etc... Plenty of things to do.
The world feels alive and populated. Sometimes you'll see more than 20 civilians on screen at once, in other zones it will feel more deserted: it just feels right. It's more than people walking directionless. There are plenty of animations like dogs scratching their backs, leaves falling, dust, people working in the street. There is plenty of attention to detail.
Parcouring has many different animations, zones where you can climb, vistas, etc... I like the jump button. It is not needed when parcouring, it is used to enlarge the movements Aveline can do.
There are some framerate dips. For the most sensitive of you, this could be a problem. It's not for me.
The only negative for me, is the compression of audio. The OS is excellent, voices, sounds and ambiental noises are well designed, but with compression they lack punch and the whole package feels less epic. Of course, this will mostly be appreciated if you play with headphones.
Definitely a must buy.

You have just bumped this up my list to the top, I am hyped for this now.

Tiamant

Definitely a must buy.

Glad to see I'm not crazy!

Btw I was hating the swamp (I hate all swamp levels since forever) but then night happened:

sQzIK.jpg

Mvwlg.jpg

HeLjS.jpg

RmbeP.jpg

Gorgeous game!

wow, it looks so good

I might have to spend the nights this weekend playing revalations more just to ease my excitment lol. I totally got bored of rev but Im getting a rather large need to play some AC while I wait for AC:L to turn up.

I could go back to brotherhood and do all the extra bits I guess. I did really enjoy brotherhood after all.

Part of me is even tempted to get bloodlines despite all the terrible things I hear about it.

Hype does strange things to a person.

Wait so this game doesn't have real multiplayer? It just went from first day to second week. I'll be getting ragnarok and need for speed before this.

I'm actually more excited that it doesn't have real multiplayer! We're pretty much on the different side of the coin, I don't really play much multiplayer games, I usually play them for the story.

Carl

I don't really play much multiplayer games, I usually play them for the story.

Yup, me too. Don't really care what multiplayer is like but i'll give it a go. Definitely more interested in it than i would be in console AC multiplayer, which i greatly dislike

kerrak

I might have to spend the nights this weekend playing revalations more just to ease my excitment lol. I totally got bored of rev but Im getting a rather large need to play some AC while I wait for AC:L to turn up.

I could go back to brotherhood and do all the extra bits I guess. I did really enjoy brotherhood after all.

Part of me is even tempted to get bloodlines despite all the terrible things I hear about it.

Hype does strange things to a person.
Personally i would wait just to have a fresher experience.

Yup, me too. Don't really care what multiplayer is like but i'll give it a go. Definitely more interested in it than i would be in console AC multiplayer, which i greatly dislike

Yeah my multiplayer tends to consist of shooters as I can just pick it up, blast some people for a while and chill. That and coop which is my fav kind (things like PSO and even hoard mode in gears, which was awesome). I never touched the AC multiplayer on any of the other games. So really the MP isn't an issue for me either. In fact it sounds kinda interesting.

Also with COD coming (whether its good or not) I imagine most people will be going to that for there online fix. Its still really easy to find people for a game in resistance and that has many flaws.

Personally i would wait just to have a fresher experience.

oh me to.... but you know.... hype and patience dont go to well together.

I got a lot of things coming up that I want.

AC:L
NFS:MW
COD
RO
32gb card.

should have them all by end of next month bar RO as it prob wont be out here yet.

Sid

Glad to see I'm not crazy!

Btw I was hating the swamp (I hate all swamp levels since forever) but then night happened:

sQzIK.jpg

Mvwlg.jpg

HeLjS.jpg

RmbeP.jpg

Gorgeous game!

Definitely a must buy.
Welp! it's going to be a long wait.....

I want this, but feel I really should get the others played first, have 1,2 and Revelations on the PS3 and not played any of them, always seemed to play the Uncharted series instead.

Think I will get them done and maybe pick this up after or between should it get a sale price at some point.

I want this, but feel I really should get the others played first, have 1,2 and Revelations on the PS3 and not played any of them, always seemed to play the Uncharted series instead.

Think I will get them done and maybe pick this up after or between should it get a sale price at some point.

well its not like its part of the story in the rest of the AC games so its not like there is any benefit from playing the prior games before playing this.

Hanmik

I have AC 1 and revelations on my PS3, but never played them.. Yesterday I browsed the PSN store. I´m a Playstation Plus member. I went to the Assassins Creed discount site. Both AC2 and AC Brotherhood ( the games I don´t have yet) are listed as Free for me (plus).. AC1 and AC Revelations are not listed as free, only as a discount with added Plus discount
So I set the games to download yesterday.. it might just be a "Full Game Trial", but the store clearly lists them as "Full game".. so I guess I will see tonight when the download finishes (if it will finish tonight, I also tried downloading Killzone HD, after 4 hours it was at 72% and it just snailed away..)

Can anyone check on the store (if you are a Plus member). Go to the Plus section, and go to Full game trials, are AC brotherhood and AC2 listed as full gametrials..? and is Revelations and AC1 not listed,.?

Vlodril

the database information on people is great. Its written by the templars and is so blatant propaganda. I ve been laughing at the descriptions of the various characters. Good job.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I have AC 1 and revelations on my PS3, but never played them.. Yesterday I browsed the PSN store. I´m a Playstation Plus member. I went to the Assassins Creed discount site. Both AC2 and AC Brotherhood ( the games I don´t have yet) are listed as Free for me (plus).. AC1 and AC Revelations are not listed as free, only as a discount with added Plus discount
So I set the games to download yesterday.. it might just be a "Full Game Trial", but the store clearly lists them as "Full game".. so I guess I will see tonight when the download finishes (if it will finish tonight, I also tried downloading Killzone HD, after 4 hours it was at 72% and it just snailed away..)

Can anyone check on the store (if you are a Plus member). Go to the Plus section, and go to Full game trials, are AC brotherhood and AC2 listed as full gametrials..? and is Revelations and AC1 not listed,.?
Hope that's the case as AC2 and Brotherhood are really the only two worth playing out of the first four. AC1 (especially) and Revelations are much less enjoyable, I thought.

Epcott

Thanks so much for the early impressions Tiamant and Kerrak.

I'm definitely getting this first, and a copy for my mom too (she loves AC and has a Vita).
I'm sure gaming sites out there have been snatching up your screenshots over the past few days ;)

Have you two encountered the brootherhood yet? Like, can you get them to assist in missions like you could in Brootherhood and Revelations, and do you send them out in missions? Or are they something that only comes into play in the multiplayer you haven't tried yet?

Can't wait! When posting Vita Screen grabs it is wise to put them in quotes. They are more accurate to their look on the Vita quoted, but even then the compression and other factors don't allow the true story to be told.

BadWolf

Only AC I've played is 2, because it was considered the best one by most, and it REALLY didn't click with me, disliked almost everything about it.

Thought I wouldn't touch another AC after it and AC3 does nothing for me but this, this has me really interested for some reason.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm not seriously considering this as 3 games have vied for my interest lol

Still on the NFS bandwagon even though we have hardly any media >>

This is turning out to be something that may indeed be worth investing. Conflicted.

Vlodril

Anyone has figured out how the trade system works?

I have a ship and 10 units of cotton but i cant seem to be able to send it into any ports. Is there a way i am missing? Is it automatic?

Not sure if i should have spoilered that but better safe than sorry.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. Thing is, all my friend list and trophy data (that I'm not interested in getting again, like ffxiii platinum) is on my old account. I guess Sony isn't getting my money for now.

thats what I had to do. My first main PSN account was US based, but for compatibility with DLC and online passes for physical games I had to make a UK account.

TBH I've hardly bought any physical games, and the ones I have I don't buy DLC for or play online, so I could have stuck with the US account all along :|

Jim

Put a couple of hours into the game last night and I'm extremely impressed at how polished the game is. Awesome job Ubisoft. Love the character, the setting, the voices (other than the compression), the visuals, the UI.

VanWinkle

Put a couple of hours into the game last night and I'm extremely impressed at how polished the game is. Awesome job Ubisoft. Love the character, the setting, the voices (other than the compression), the visuals, the UI.

Great to hear! Will you be doing a review?

Vlodril

Whats the point of the digital manual if you dont bother to explain all the functions in your game.. Its not like you are constraint by anything. I am annoyed i have been unable to figure out how to send a ship..

OmegaZero

A polished AC game?
No way. :b

Top Bottom