• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Dawg

Look inside or above things.
Fund one in a tree stump and I'm pretty sure another is on top of a tree (I'm trying to get to it as I type this).

Can't find the one in SE New Orleans. It's supposed to be in/near the blockage in the road.

Also, dem fucking obstacle courses. Just started this mission where you have to pass 11 signals in 1 minute. It seems easy, but like every AC game, the assassin doesn't always listen...especially when you're doing everything super quick

So frustrating.

OT: Does anyone know the unique slave collectable? I know the assassin can gather coins from thieves and the lady can charm for gems.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Picked these up today:

WdIiEl.jpg

Going to jump into it after I finish ZoE and VLR. :D

Quick

Banned
Spent the entire day on ACIII, so I figured I'd give Liberation a run again. The persona switching feels tedious, I think I take back my word on wishing the same system was implemented in ACIII. Running in the Lady persona took a long-ass time.

I like that the same melee and climbing system as ACIII was implemented. Really makes the transition between console and handheld a lot easier. The animations seem almost recycled from Connor's and Ezio's, which is fine.

Touch controls have been minimal. So far, all I've done is do one chain kill and open a letter (swiping the top of both front and back was awesome).

The game looks pretty damn good. The city doesn't feel as "alive" as Boston in ACIII, but there's a fair amount of NPCs consistently in the area to be "close enough".

Framerate dips aren't really something I pay attention to, but there were a couple of moments in the game, where I couldn't ignore it.

I'm not too far into the game, but I wish there were bonus episodic content. I'd pay for them.

What's the point of "Redeem Code" in EXTRAS?
There was no code, or any other preorder bonuses for NA release...right?

From the OP:

PV85Q.jpg

Preorder Bonus - By preordering Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation at select locations and websites, you get access to the
Mysteries of the Bayou pack. This unlocks several items within the game: the Ceremonial Dagger, the Alligator Hunter hat,
an upgraded Poison Dart pouch, and the Makendal Bodyguard multiplayer character.

Dawg

Anyone figured the slave collectible out yet? Still looking for it.

Assassin has got the coin icon -> beat up thief
Lady has gem icon -> charm dude
Slave -> ?

Twinduct

Up via search in the EU (or atleast South Africa).
On Par with local pricing, which is a scam though, direct conversion takes it to $55.

Bought and downloading (2.9 GB ... I think).

the3ye

Spent the entire day on ACIII, so I figured I'd give Liberation a run again. The persona switching feels tedious, I think I take back my word on wishing the same system was implemented in ACIII. Running in the Lady persona took a long-ass time.

I like that the same melee and climbing system as ACIII was implemented. Really makes the transition between console and handheld a lot easier. The animations seem almost recycled from Connor's and Ezio's, which is fine.

Touch controls have been minimal. So far, all I've done is do one chain kill and open a letter (swiping the top of both front and back was awesome).

The game looks pretty damn good. The city doesn't feel as "alive" as Boston in ACIII, but there's a fair amount of NPCs consistently in the area to be "close enough".

Framerate dips aren't really something I pay attention to, but there were a couple of moments in the game, where I couldn't ignore it.

I'm not too far into the game, but I wish there were bonus episodic content. I'd pay for them.

From the OP:
That's for Europe, announced on Gamescom.
None of the NA retailers had this...AFAIK

d00d3n

I downloaded the game yesterday. Does running the game from a memory card affect loading times and in-game stutter? I find both of these areas lacking on my euro ps vita with a 4 gb memory card.

Iacobellis

I downloaded the game yesterday. Does running the game from a memory card affect loading times and in-game stutter? I find both of these areas lacking on my euro ps vita with a 4 gb memory card.

Game Cards are the slightest bit faster than the Memory Cards.

Chesskid1

Banned
sequence 1: meh, kinda sucked. lets you do basic/boring missions. not used to the frequent dips of FPS. feeling meh about the game
sequence 2: nice, less crowded area, fps is better. doing more interesting stuff.
sequence 3: hell yes, fps drops don't really bother me too much now. doing real missions where there are major events and shit, yessss. story is picking up as well!

sequence 4 tomorrow. really improving as im going along. i like the game and there seems to be alot of side stuff to do. it's gorgeous but man the fps dips are annoying as hell but i can tolerate them now. it just sucks because when i hop on the roof and want to run around as fast as possible -- i usually get dips and feels slow motion-ish. still a great game tho, happy with the purchase.

looking at my stats under options, the total time played seems to be off for me. anyone else?

Do you guys find it somewhat surprising that the reviews out there are not really discussing the terrible audio?

After finishing sequence 2 last night, I am enjoying the game, but can't help to be bothered by all these technical issues that should never have been there in the first place.

Z3M0G

How?

How?!

HOW?!

Not that the Story is that excellent, the MP just seems kinda...bland. Not even a background story like the console titels.

I've been having problems with the Story mode... had to let myself get killed and restart the game on multiple occasions... and the story is going at too fast of a place for me to follow the plot. There is not enough exposition to understand the relationships between the characters. I wish there were more cutscenes to ground it all.

As for the multiplayer, outside of it being attached to this game this is something I would have loved to have on my phone. It is basically "MMO-Risk". I don't know if it would have been a game worth more than $1 on a phone, but I would have gladly paid for it.

Amory

Picked this up yesterday. The graphics definitely have the same "wow" factor as Uncharted: GA. I'd say it even looks better. The missions so far have been pretty meh, mostly just introducing the various mechanics, but it really feels like a console assassin's creed game which is just so cool.

Also nice to see that touch was seemingly well implemented. As much as I love the vita's design, though, I really don't like the rear touchpad. It's always awkward.

Edit: God dayum the white vita is sexy. Almost wish I had waited for it.

Dawg

As for the multiplayer, outside of it being attached to this game this is something I would have loved to have on my phone. It is basically "MMO-Risk". I don't know if it would have been a game worth more than $1 on a phone, but I would have gladly paid for it.

I just spent like 50 energy so I agree, the MP is kinda fun. I just think they could have done more with the Risk concept. It feels kinda rushed. Maybe they'll add stuff, maybe not. A small story, some customization etc would've been great

Carl

I don't even think the audio is that terrible :S Maybe i've just got shit ears. Okay it doesn't sound amazing, but once i started playing the game and stopped paying attention to the music, it sounded fine.

Maybe it's just me...?

denshuu

Anyone know ho how put on her Assassin's Hood? I bought that along with the Assassin White color scheme. The color is on, but she's still rocking the dark blue hat.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't even think the audio is that terrible :S Maybe i've just got shit ears. Okay it doesn't sound amazing, but once i started playing the game and stopped paying attention to the music, it sounded fine.

Maybe it's just me...?

It sometimes sounds better than other times, depending on the music. The voices are very compressed, but they have been in every Asscrud. AC1 had the awful townie voices. HES GOING TO HURT HIMSELF AND WHEN HE DOES I WONT HELP HIM :throughradio

Ricker

I am going to start over,I am not that far in anyway...the Vita being new for me,it took a while to get use to the controls,I made some dumb mistake like buying something from a burglar that I thought I was stealing from,did some fighting while in the Lady persona,and wasn't feeling the flow of things...now that I dont struggle with the camera and all,I will enjoy it more starting fresh because I like Aveline,she is a cool character from the 2 hours or so I played...

OmegaZero

Anyone know ho how put on her Assassin's Hood? I bought that along with the Assassin White color scheme. The color is on, but she's still rocking the dark blue hat.

You buy it and it asks if you want to equip it. Choose yes.
You can find the hood in those stores that are marked on your map as spools of thread.

Chris_C

It sometimes sounds better than other times, depending on the music. The voices are very compressed, but they have been in every Asscrud. AC1 had the awful townie voices. HES GOING TO HURT HIMSELF AND WHEN HE DOES I WONT HELP HIM :throughradio

That particular sound bite cracked me up so much because it was so wonderfully vindictive.

I don't like the fact that the people in the streets all speak French. Probably accurate, but I don't remember the city residents in AC games speaking in their native tongue.

Played a couple of hours of AC3 today and the difference in presentation is night and day. That said, jeez these games take a long time to get started.

Ricker

What clue am i supposed to investigate in the warehouse?i press L but nothing happens.

Use eagle vision,pressing up on the D-Pad will highlight the stack of crates,that's one of them...speaking of is there an online manual somewhere,since I got the bundle,they only stuck the game cart in there...how do you disarm again for example...

Sid

Use eagle vision,pressing up on the D-Pad will highlight the stack of crates,that's one of them...speaking of is there an online manual somewhere,since I got the bundle,they only stuck the game cart in there...how do you disarm again for example...
Pause->database->tutorials or the digital manual which is the '?' sign on the live area when you are about to play the game.

OmegaZero

After you counter, I think you press X to make them drop their weapon.

I came into work today (post Sandy) and I'm having AC3:L withdraws, I'm really excited to get home and pick it back up.

I killed my first alligator last night :D

Claude

Catalina's bitch

The Animus has a lot of bugs :p

Ricker

Damn thanks guys...I didn't even have the patch installed because I wasn't sure what the Live Area thing meant...I really need to read my Vita manual a bit lol...also everytime I start the single player it says the network options have been disabled is that normal?

Chris_C

Damn thanks guys...I didn't even have the patch installed because I wasn't sure what the Live Area thing meant...I really need to read my Vita manual a bit lol...also everytime I start the single player it says the network options have been disabled is that normal?

Yes, it's normal.

OmegaZero

The Animus has a lot of bugs :p

You can say that again.
I've encountered at least 10 bugs that made me restart the game, and I'm in sequence 2.
Off the top of my head:
-Jumped off of a building onto the ground, but couldn't move because Aveline was stuck in the falling animation.
-Jumped off of a tall tree and died, but the game didn't restart.
-Got into a tussle with guards only to find that I couldn't attack or move. They didn't attack either although they did circle around me.
-Landed on a tree branch only to find that Aveline was stuck in the crouching position. I couldn't drop down or do an unsafe jump.

And some of these happened more then once.
Waiting for the Animus 3.1 patch.

Ricker

What clue am i supposed to investigate in the warehouse?i press L but nothing happens.

Oh and also near the crates where it tells you to hit L and nothing happens,it's because it takes a while for it to register it seems,it's slow...I got the success message like 5 seconds after I did the second pile of barrels,so I though it wasn't working at first...

Top Bottom