• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You can say that again.
I've encountered at least 10 bugs that made me restart the game, and I'm in sequence 2.
Off the top of my head:
-Jumped off of a building onto the ground, but couldn't move because Aveline was stuck in the falling animation.
-Jumped off of a tall tree and died, but the game didn't restart.
-Got into a tussle with guards only to find that I couldn't attack or move. They didn't attack either although they did circle around me.
-Landed on a tree branch only to find that Aveline was stuck in the crouching position. I couldn't drop down or do an unsafe jump.

And some of these happened more then once.
Waiting for the Animus 3.1 patch.

Someone said bugs/glitches?
OohnC.jpg

A few other screenshots I liked:

xclaw

Sunk a solid 3 hours into it last night before passing out. Loved every minute of it, a must buy if you remotely enjoy action games and are a Vita owner in my opinion.

I'm really enjoying Sequence 2 so far. I've mainly just been climbing trees and exploring the level from above, it looks great and is just strangely satisfying traversing the area without touching the ground.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Well, brokedown and bought the digital version. Couldn't pass it up for $36, since ordering through Amazon, or buying retail would have cost me $43 and some change. It's downloading now. It's my first retail game I've ever downloaded. I usually buy disc only, but I love AC, and couldn't wait until after work to buy it.

You win this round Sony and Ubisoft!

Hit Sequence 3 last night. The game is pretty janky in a lot of ways but I'm still enjoying it. It really feels like a real AC experience, as opposed to what I remember of Bloodlines for PSP.
The difference in quality between the prerelease media and the actual game was pretty jarring at first but now that I've gotten past that, I think the game still looks pretty incredible. I find myself taking lots of pictures as if I'm playing on my PC, taking shots for wallpapers and such. But then I go into the Photo App and am quickly reminded of the shitty compression of Vita OS level captures. -_- bah!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I had a bug last night in the swamp where she wouldn't stop her swimming animation when she was on stable ground.

Then I made her go back into the water and I couldn't move her, so I had to restart from the last checkpoint. :|

Did both games ship out with lotsa bugs or something?

bryehn

Never really been into the series much, but I'm enjoying this game so far. Couldn't resist trying to get all 11 viewpoints in the 1st area before I even did anything else.

It's a bit janky (no bugs here) and runs kinda like crap. There's way to much HUD stuff for my liking. But feels like a great compromise between a console and portable title. Wish the startup was a bit faster for bathroom playing purposes though ;)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Never really been into the series much, but I'm enjoying this game so far. Couldn't resist trying to get all 11 viewpoints in the 1st area before I even did anything else.

It's a bit janky (no bugs here) and runs kinda like crap. There's way to much HUD stuff for my liking. But feels like a great compromise between a console and portable title. Wish the startup was a bit faster for bathroom playing purposes though ;)

You know you can turn off some hud elements in the options, right?

Uhhhh... Sony and Ubi definitely want more copies of this on shelves. Blame the retailers for not buying the game or at least enough copies.

My wife sent me out on an errand last night that took me (kinda) near another EB, and they had it! So I did finally get a copy...

...but man, it should not have been that hard!

ttocs

My wife sent me out on an errand last night that took me (kinda) near another EB, and they had it! So I did finally get a copy...

...but man, it should not have been that hard!

I forgot to preorder but had to go to Target early in the AM for Sandy cleanup supplies. They had 4 copies and I was able to grab one before people started waking up. Figured I got lucky.

Curufinwe

Can't wait to get my hands on my bundle XD. It really looks good. Glad I didn't buy a black one earlier. My bundle is still on its long journey here. Basically using a third party to ship it for me from the US... So it's Amazon--->3rd party--->Me. Will take like 15 days in total or more.

I really hope the sound issues in Liberation won't get to me though. How's the Vita in general when it comes to music and sound?

I was planning on getting a Vita next month for P4 Golden so this bundle seems like the one to get. I can make do with the 4 GB card for saves for a while.

Toma

I'm using it in the green area and the only thing lit up is a bench.
Had the same issue as well. Behind that building with the bench (away from the sea), there are 3 guys standing in front of some crates. The crates you look for are behind them and you cant see them without walking around the guys.

Sid

Around 3 hours in,at sequence 2,the game has been awesome so far,it looks even better than uc:ga especially the jungle sections which look WAY better than anything in uc,runs mostly well apart from a few technical issues.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Is there a shared document anywhere where Vitabros can Near Gift items to each other? If not I'll gladly make one.

Toma

Is there a shared document anywhere where Vitabros can Near Gift items to each other? If not I'll gladly make one.

What are those items for anyway? Doesnt unlock anything I suppose.

Z3M0G

Tried multiplayer. I didn't understand anything.

My current theory:

The overall match lasts 1 week, but each node battle takes a few hours. Players attack the nodes and the team with the highest score on the node when that node's timer expires wins the node. Which ever team holds the most nodes at the end of the week wins.

That's an "overall" explanation... the details about combat, energy, etc is still a learning experience for me. At first I thought I couldn't attack with the same character more than once every half hour... but you totally can. You get max points as long as you have the energy necessary to attack the desired target. If you try to attack an opponent who would require more energy than you have, you get greatly reduced points. Even if you have 0 energy, you will get 1 point for each attack. 30 min after your initial attack, that character's energy will return to max.

If you attack an enemy's node, the character's "Attack" level will increase. If you attack a friendly node, the character's "Defense" level will increase.

Not sure how yet, but you earn more characters as you go. (Anyone know when exactly?)

You can "flag" a location, and whichever location has the most "flags" set by players lights up for all to see... this is a way of the team "voting" on where to focus strategically.

When you are tired of attacking, you can select a friendly location to "Defend" and this ends your session and logs out of multiplayer back to the main menu. I believe all your characters are thus at this location and when the opponent team attacks it, it is your players which are defending. (my theory...)

denshuu

You buy it and it asks if you want to equip it. Choose yes.
You can find the hood in those stores that are marked on your map as spools of thread.

Much thanks.

In other news, hot damn the swamp is pretty at night. Next stop is figuring out where to disable the HUD when I'm taking these.

XbyuD.jpg

FStop7

Banned
Should this be played before or after AC3, or is it irrelevant to the timeline of events? I don't want to run into any AC3 spoilers.

Dawg

So I played mission 1 of Chapter 9 with a stopwatch.

I can fight off the guards for 1 minute, but then the cutscène just appears and I keep 50% sync :( Die during the minute, same thing. Run away, same thing..

Kinda confusing, this is my last 100%. Oh god why

When I went to pick this up from GameStop last night

Employee: Hi! How can I help you?
Me: Yes I have a pre-order for Assassins Creed: Liberation
Employee: Oh, yeah I've heard of that. That's for the 360 right?
Me: No......

True Story

I did hear them mention that I got the last one the had, though.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
What are those items for anyway? Doesnt unlock anything I suppose.

You randomly collect them as a slave, or loot them as an Assassin. I believe they're for a trophy but it also says if you get them all you'll unlock something. Not sure what it is though.

Was here when I got home. Put an hour into it.

Games really good so far. Graphics are really nice, town looks amazing as do the views.

The bugs are funny (saw someone morph into another person as he walked by.

Frame rate is the only disappointment. It's clearly sub 30fps in the city. Not game breaking at all but def noticeable.

Rest feels very assassins creed like so far.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Frame rate is the only disappointment. It's clearly sub 30fps in the city. Not game breaking at all but def noticeable.
Yeah, it's pretty low.

To be fair, AC3 runs almost as poorly on the consoles and the rest of the series has always suffered from performance issues. It's just a problem that has continued to haunt the series.

Yeah, it's pretty low.

To be fair, AC3 runs almost as poorly on the consoles and the rest of the series has always suffered from performance issues. It's just a problem that has continued to haunt the series.

Yeah exactly which is why it's acceptable really.

However I just play brotherhood and rev on of so was kinda spoiled in the fps department there.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah, it's pretty low.

The game runs better in the Bayou and in
Mexico
. It runs like shit in New Orleans.

Vita is an interesting animal. So much VRAM and stuck with shitty mobile processors.

Dawg

wat.

Every time I press continue in the main menu, the game restarts. Please don't be corrupted, I just completed you...

Starting MP gives me "Wifi is disabled" (it actually disables my wifi once I start the MP)

Quick

Banned
Much thanks.

In other news, hot damn the swamp is pretty at night. Next stop is figuring out where to disable the HUD when I'm taking these.

http://i.imgur.com/XbyuD.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

There are HUD options (toggling on/off everything, or selectively) under Options.

Top Bottom