• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Revelations |OT| Requiescat in Pace (56k)

Messi

DAT ENDING, Holy shit ... it was amazing. Easily my fave series of this gen. Glad we can finally move on from altair and ezio (i really love them both, ezio <3) but fuck desmond seriously.

Thinking back to the first scene in Assassins creed 2 and where we ended up makes it feel so much more special. I feel like ive watched a game character grow up, congrats to ubi for pulling that off.

REVELATIONS MAJOR SPOILERS

Throughout the entire game I never thought to myself 'what is in that vault, what could it be?'. But when I finally walked into the vault it hit me like a ton of fucking bricks, I just gasped and went "oh man... altair :(" I was incredibly sad. Then to play how he got there? putting out the fires you just lit as ezio and finally sitting down tore me up. That camera spin was a work of art.I will never forget this ending, not game has ever punched me like that in the end. I really liked both of those guys and seeing altair dead was :(

Also Ezio saying "who are we..who have been so blessed to share our stories like this" was amazing.

That whole section had great music

789shadow

Banned
The optional objective of Sequence 7 Memory 4 is the only thing holding me back from a 100% synchronization of the story sequences.

I'm on my sixth or seventh attempt, don't remember which one I'm on. I was close enough on the last time that, upon failing, I said things that would make a sailor blush. Directing profanities at a lifeless console isn't particularly helpful, I know, but it did make me feel a little bit better.

Off to try, try again.

The optional objectives in this game are too often very awful.

Irish

Hm... I can't really remember where that takes place... Wait, is it in *location spoiler*
Cappadocia
?

If so, the solution is bombs. Always bombs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hm... I can't really remember where that takes place... Wait, is it in *location spoiler*
Cappadocia
?

If so, the solution is bombs. Always bombs.

Yeah; the mission in question asks that you
cause a diversionary explosion by blowing up the Templars' supply of gunpowder

Yeah; the mission in question asks that you
cause a diversionary explosion by blowing up the Templars' supply of gunpowder

The solution is actually bombs.

Just run past them, gather them all in a tight space, and launch wide-spreading impact poision (datura) bombs.

Then just use your remaining bombs on the stragglers, counter-kill them, shoot them from a distance, whatever.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The optional objective of Sequence 7 Memory 4 is the only thing holding me back from a 100% synchronization of the story sequences.

I'm on my sixth or seventh attempt, don't remember which one I'm on. I was close enough on the last time that, upon failing, I said things that would make a sailor blush. Directing profanities at a lifeless console isn't particularly helpful, I know, but it did make me feel a little bit better.

Off to try, try again.

Use you pistol, crossbow, and bombs to weaken up the groups before go into hand-to-hand combat. It took me a couple tries, but once I remembered the gun it was easy.

JaseC

The solution is actually bombs.

Just run past them, gather them all in a tight space, and launch wide-spreading impact poision (datura) bombs.

Then just use your remaining bombs on the stragglers, counter-kill them, shoot them from a distance, whatever.

I don't know why you're telling me this; I'm not the one having trouble. :p

MjFrancis

I tried the running around and dropping poison bombs when I got a bunch of them in a corner. Always screwed up at one point or another.

I ended up getting the 100% synch by picking them off one by one. Sneak out, shoot a dart at one guy, another one sees me so I run out to the edge of the base and hang off the ledge. He runs to the ledge and I do an assassination. Rinse, repeat 10x over. It took me ten minutes but it worked.

I've just got the Desmond sequences and maybe the MP left to explore now.

MjFrancis

I've read that they made them foolproof this time around. I couldn't bring myself to earn the last 100 achievement points in Brotherhood because it was so fucking tedious.

And now I'm on the Desmond sections. Speaking of tedious...

alf717

Anyone have a guide of how to get the multiplayer emblems from Desmond's journey?

I don't know of any guide but I did find them all which one are you missing?

Also

[Brotherhood ending spoiler]

What is the deal with
Lucy's death? Was she a templar? Sucks that they wrote her off like that did he have a falling out with Ubi or something? Contract expired?

Also what was the deal with the foot prints outside of the villa in Brotherhood?

alf717

You'll hear them before you see them. Listen for the twinkly jingle; the closer you are, the louder they'll sound. They're hidden, but not too hard to find.

Yea it is kind of like Mario Galaxy 2 you will hear a distinctive chime when you get close to one. Also if it helps each Desmond section has two of them.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
so there's no reward for rebuilding Constantinople? fuck that shit.

who designed the reward system in this game?

JaseC

so there's no reward for rebuilding Constantinople? fuck that shit.

who designed the reward system in this game?

Well, you do collect more coin per 20 minutes every time you renovate/purchase a building, but that's it.

I don't know of any guide but I did find them all which one are you missing?

Also

[Brotherhood ending spoiler]

What is the deal with
Lucy's death? Was she a templar? Sucks that they wrote her off like that did he have a falling out with Ubi or something? Contract expired?

Also what was the deal with the foot prints outside of the villa in Brotherhood?

Reality, probably the contract with Kristen Bell ended (remember, Assassin's Creed was originally going to be 3 games - not six - she had a 3 game contract) and they couldn't agree to a new one, or they couldn't schedule her in time for release cause of her own obligations in Hollywood.

Storyline-wise, the easiest explanation is the lamest one - that she was a Templar all along, and was doing the long-con to feed the Templars information. It wouldn't be the first time, obviously, if you read the comics. The problem with that notion is that Lucy was actively delaying the Templars when Desmond was reliving Altair's memories.

I'm hopeful that Ubisoft takes a more creative route, and gives Juno another motivation for forcing Desmond to kill Lucy, and putting him in a coma.

Juno does say, in that scene, that a 'a sacrifice in order to be awakened' - We don't know if that awakening relates to the ones who came before, or to Desmond. It might be implied that Juno put Desmond into that coma on purpose, so that he would be forced through the path that lead him to the conversation with the three gods at the end. He wouldn't have done it otherwise, after-all.

What's the end-game for the ancient race? If they want to save the world, why speak in riddles to the people who have already passed all the tests just to speak to them? This IS, after all, a race that created humanity to serve as SLAVES. They might have a very different end-game than we think.

So I'm wondering if my game is being buggy or not. There is this one assassin that is away on the mission The Little Prince and it says that he will be unavailable for an unknown time, but its already been awhile and that mission started at the beginning of the game. So do I need to trigger something for him to come back?

legbone

So I'm wondering if my game is being buggy or not. There is this one assassin that is away on the mission The Little Prince and it says that he will be unavailable for an unknown time, but its already been awhile and that mission started at the beginning of the game. So do I need to trigger something for him to come back?

the first one is part of the main story. keep doing missions and it will eventually end and give you your first locked den. it's only the first one that requires you to do missions for him/her to return.

Got my Platinum on AC: R yesterday and I am proud of it. I wonder if the multiplayer documents and videos about Templars are available online as I am I not sure if I'll keep playing MP until level 50. I am single player oriented guy

Finally got over my Skyrim addiction to start playing Revelations and, man, I've never played a game that felt so bloated. AC games have always had an abundance of mechanics and systems and meters at play, but it really feels like they went out of their way with this one. It feels like the disc is almost bursting at the seams; even the menus take too long to load. I feel like so much flow is lost from the game having to load me into blue-Animus-world in between everything.

Brotherhood was my absolute favourite of the series, and Rev seems like almost the same game in a different city until you dig a little deeper and find that they've shoehorned a new gameplay mechanic on top of everything introduced in Brohood. You still recruit Assassin's but now you have to play minigames with them before they'll join you, then you have to raise them up to Assassin level, then you can find a den to make them head of, then you have to go on more missions with them to level them up in Assassin Ranks and only when they're finally at Master rank will they actually protect their den from Templars. You have to take Templar dens to unlock areas of the city to buy property, except now the Templars will take them back when you raise your Templar Awareness Meter, and every store you buy will raise it by 25% so you have to find heralds to bribe every single time you buy anything if you want to avoid the ghastly Tower Defence game.

None of that added complexity makes anything more fun. It's cool that you get some extra missions to go on with your Assassin buddies, but I really just want to lock down those Templar Dens so I never ever have to play Tower Defence, and the constant, never-ending search for heralds to bribe really takes the fun out of buying all of Constantinople. You literally have to bribe one herald for every business you buy to keep your Awareness level. Who decided that was a fun thing to do? It's like you're being punished for buying property, something that was actually fun and rewarding in Brotherhood.

News Bot

Banned
Reality, probably the contract with Kristen Bell ended (remember, Assassin's Creed was originally going to be 3 games - not six - she had a 3 game contract) and they couldn't agree to a new one, or they couldn't schedule her in time for release cause of her own obligations in Hollywood.

Storyline-wise, the easiest explanation is the lamest one - that she was a Templar all along, and was doing the long-con to feed the Templars information. It wouldn't be the first time, obviously, if you read the comics. The problem with that notion is that Lucy was actively delaying the Templars when Desmond was reliving Altair's memories.

I'm hopeful that Ubisoft takes a more creative route, and gives Juno another motivation for forcing Desmond to kill Lucy, and putting him in a coma.

Juno does say, in that scene, that a 'a sacrifice in order to be awakened' - We don't know if that awakening relates to the ones who came before, or to Desmond. It might be implied that Juno put Desmond into that coma on purpose, so that he would be forced through the path that lead him to the conversation with the three gods at the end. He wouldn't have done it otherwise, after-all.

What's the end-game for the ancient race? If they want to save the world, why speak in riddles to the people who have already passed all the tests just to speak to them? This IS, after all, a race that created humanity to serve as SLAVES. They might have a very different end-game than we think.

Killing Lucy and putting Desmond into a coma allowed him to awaken the "sixth sense" - Knowledge... somehow. I'm pretty sure his glowing arm and "I know what we need to do" at the end of the game was the result. I don't think he would have encountered Jupiter otherwise, either. Lucy's death is still weird as all hell.

Exile550

I just played Vlad the impaler Mission. Took me two minutes.... lol. The sword is nice, but not worth pre-ordering the game for.

Can anyone tell me how does DRM work in PC version? Input CD-Key during install? What if I want to reinstall it/remove it/install it on other computer?

crispyben

I'm looking at this video to help me get the Mosh Pit trophy (have 10 guards poisoned at the same time), and I wonder what the trick is to use your bombs this way? I want to use them like the smoke bombs in ACII and ACB, but using triangle makes me aim like with a grenade, I just want to throw them straight at my feet... Anyone?

alf717

Can anyone tell me how does DRM work in PC version? Input CD-Key during install? What if I want to reinstall it/remove it/install it on other computer?

You install the game and afterwards the Uplay thingy comes up and asks you to put your cd-key in. I have the game installed on two of my PCs. On the second PC I wasn't asked for the CD-key since it is already tied to my Uplay account. The nice thing is if I played on one PC and went to the other one I was able to pick up right where I left off.

I'm looking at this video to help me get the Mosh Pit trophy (have 10 guards poisoned at the same time), and I wonder what the trick is to use your bombs this way? I want to use them like the smoke bombs in ACII and ACB, but using triangle makes me aim like with a grenade, I just want to throw them straight at my feet... Anyone?

I got Mosh Pit during Sequence 4 - Memory 1 - The Prince's Banquet. Tons of guards on this level take some cherry bombs and datura bombs with you. Use the cherry bombs gather the guards in one spot and the datura bomb will take em out.

Killing Lucy and putting Desmond into a coma allowed him to awaken the "sixth sense" - Knowledge... somehow. I'm pretty sure his glowing arm and "I know what we need to do" at the end of the game was the result. I don't think he would have encountered Jupiter otherwise, either. Lucy's death is still weird as all hell.

Thanks that helped clear a lot of what had me puzzled.

Irish

Make sure you aren't locked on to anyone and then tap Triangle, don't hold it.

You install the game and afterwards the Uplay thingy comes up and asks you to put your cd-key in. I have the game installed on two of my PCs. On the second PC I wasn't asked for the CD-key since it is already tied to my Uplay account. The nice thing is if I played on one PC and went to the other one I was able to pick up right where I left off.

I forgot about the uPlay thing! Does that mean I can re-download the game later (PC version)? My only other uPlay games are PS3 (Brotherhood), Facebook one, and iPad card game.

alf717

I forgot about the uPlay thing! Does that mean I can re-download the game later (PC version)? My only other uPlay games are PS3 (Brotherhood), Facebook one, and iPad card game.

Steam and Amazon will let you re download the game and of course you can back up the files as well. Amazon pretty much sends the game as if it was ripped right off of a disc so if you burn that data to a Dual layered DVD it will autorun like a retail game so I chose Amazon over Steam. Uplay only manages your cd-key and achievements. Most digital download sites do offer re downloading.

MjFrancis

I've played three sessions of MP so far, and I'm enjoying myself despite being a mediocre player. Taking Brotherhood's MP, fixing the matchmaking and making a usable counter system goes a long ways.

And the achievements really roll in in the MP, huh? I don't know about the last 90 points that were added, but I've read all you need to do is get to level 20 and the first 200 achievement points of the MP are all but guaranteed. I believe it, seeing how I'm already up to 90/200 from those first three matches.

MjFrancis

I had to say something. The game froze and I got a message that the Assassin's Creed servers are down and will not be available at this time. Same message when I attempted to rejoin.

The first four matches were cool though.

I imagine most of the people participating in this thread are playing the game, but for the curious, AC Revelations is $35.99 on Amazon. The email showed me the 360 version but perhaps for the PS3 as well.

PooBone

Well, I beat the game and then traded it in. It was an enjoyable experience, but nowhere near the quality of AC2 or Brotherhood for me personally. Can't wait for 3.

PooBone

I don't buy that.
They'd just get a different voice actor. Happens all the time.

DemiMatt

THis game is on Amazon today for 35 bucks, the commercials look interesting, and I have never fully played an AC game before. I remember watching my roomate play 1 and it looked boring as all hell. Other than that I've had no experience with these. Is this something I should just jump into? Or would I be better off buying one of the older games?

Top Bottom