• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We can only move into the 1900s at this point... Time for some World War action, right!?

I sincerely hope next year's entry is a step back in time instead of another forward. In a perfect world, the nods to 2's main theme in Rogue and now Syndicate would be Ubi teasing a return to Renaissance Italy as a current-gen game could really do the setting justice, but I realise that's decidedly unlikely and so I'd accept any historical period prior to Victorian London that isn't Colonial America.

Kaswa101

It sucks that they downgraded the gear from Unity. One of the best parts of that game was how much choice there was in how you wanted Arno to look, and of course they take that out of this one. Dumb.

Yeah it's disappointing. I was hoping they'd keep the depth of customization from Unity, but remove the gameplay effects they brought. Syndicate is definitely a step back in that regard.

ogbg

Yeah it's disappointing. I was hoping they'd keep the depth of customization from Unity, but remove the gameplay effects they brought. Syndicate is definitely a step back in that regard.

I agree. The variety in Arno's outfits was great. Like The Sans Cullottes gear made him look like a biker clown

RedAssedApe

Banned
hmm...maybe its because i came from playing uncharted but the performance in this game doesn't seem that much more stable than unity. syn still chugs a bit when there's a lot going on.

then again i didnt think unity performance was that bad when i played it. outside of the very specific areas where framerate would take a dive into single digits (i.e. glass windows cathedral and that prison area in the intro come to mind.)

also...is it just me or is there something off about the facial animation for evie? she always seems to have this perpetual grin on her face

Dead

well not really...yet
hmm...maybe its because i came from playing uncharted but the performance in this game doesn't seem that much more stable than unity. syn still chugs a bit when there's a lot going on.

then again i didnt think unity performance was that bad when i played it. outside of the very specific areas where framerate would take a dive into single digits (i.e. glass windows cathedral and that prison area in the intro come to mind.)

also...is it just me or is there something off about the facial animation for evie? she always seems to have this perpetual grin on her face
I literally never had a major problem with Unity's performance, no glitches and very few moments with massive frame drops. So far this game is roughly the same as Unity for me in regards to performance (ps4)

SJRB

Gold Member
It was probably a popularity contest. The assassin's people liked most got in. Except in Evie's case where they were like, "We have some female assassin's before her, right? What about Elise?"

Ironically, those outfits for Evie are excellent. I've been running with the Shao Jun outfit from the start, it's so good.

I never understood why they didn't bother modelling all previous Assassin outfits. I mean, they did Brotherhood Ezio and Kenway, why not just do Altair and Connor as well while you're at it?

Toa TAK

Banned
DUDE! I had the exact same thing happen. It's hilarious, I thought I was dead and had to restart but that cushiony, soft, and totally not wooden carriage saved me.
Ironically, those outfits for Evie are excellent. I've been running with the Shao Jun outfit from the start, it's so good.

I never understood why they didn't bother modelling all previous Assassin outfits. I mean, they did Brotherhood Ezio and Kenway, why not just do Altair and Connor as well while you're at it?
It's probably because either they're saving it as DLC, or just because they just went with those who were generally liked the most.

Which is lame, because I think Edward looked cooler before he got plated up in-game. lol

Saiyan-Rox

Can anyone help me with something?

I just finished the
sequence 4 mission where you get the posion dart you can shoot into the flames
. But now there is no other main mission on my map whatsoever and I have no idea where to go. According to a guide the next mission should be
overdose
but there is nothing on my map at all for story missions.

I have no idea what the game wants me to do in this one mission in sequence 4.

I am supposed to steal plans from some guy about the drugs or whatever. The full sync is to do it without getting spotted. What does it mean steal it? Is there pick pocketing in this game? If so, the game hasnt told me anything about it. Right when I get to the area with the guy in it, he gets in a carriage with 3 other enemies, drives to a different location and then just sits in the carriage forever. I dont think I am supposed to kidnap him, as that immediately triggers getting spotted by him

ogbg

I am supposed to steal plans from some guy about the drugs or whatever. The full sync is to do it without getting spotted. What does it mean steal it? Is there pick pocketing in this game? If so, the game hasnt told me anything about it. Right when I get to the area with the guy in it, he gets in a carriage with 3 other enemies, drives to a different location and then just sits in the carriage forever. I dont think I am supposed to kidnap him, as that immediately triggers getting spotted by him

Yeh, hold circle when behind someone to pick-pocket

Can anyone help me with something?

I just finished the
sequence 4 mission where you get the posion dart you can shoot into the flames
. But now there is no other main mission on my map whatsoever and I have no idea where to go. According to a guide the next mission should be
overdose
but there is nothing on my map at all for story missions.

Maybe you need to go to the train HQ...

RedAssedApe

Banned

i think this is a bug. this happened a couple of times for me and i had to reload because i just sat there waiting. the guy is supposed to get out of the carriage.

Muffdraul

when did you play Unity?

I played Unity on day 1, and several days later after finishing it in about 30 hours I was wondering, "So, where were all those hilarious glitches that were supposed to happen?" There were like four or five occasions where I saw an NPC trying to walk through a wall or stuck on an object. That was it. From where I was standing it seemed like that shit was blown way out of proportion.

danthefan

So I'm on the fence about this game. I played Black Flag and had a blast but that was mostly due to the seafaring.

Have the combat and free running been improved much on Black Flag? Not sure I can take a game without the sailing if those are poor.

Fury451

Banned
So I'm on the fence about this game. I played Black Flag and had a blast but that was mostly due to the seafaring.

Have the combat and free running been improved much on Black Flag? Not sure I can take a game without the sailing if those are poor.

Combat and free running are the best they've been IMO- in the sense that it's actually good. Free running is probably as precise as it's ever going to be, and the combat feels weighty and fun but challenging as well.

Oh yeah, so it does. Maybe it's just in specific situations where it works then

nah, you were right. I think I had to be in sneak mode to do it. I just had the notification to steal come up...But then I got immediately spotted by someone else lol

Edit: yeah, i just did it. The steal option only came up after a certain point he walked to. And I had to be in sneak mode

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I played Unity on day 1, and several days later after finishing it in about 30 hours I was wondering, "So, where were all those hilarious glitches that were supposed to happen?" There were like four or five occasions where I saw an NPC trying to walk through a wall or stuck on an object. That was it. From where I was standing it seemed like that shit was blown way out of proportion.
Same here, I've never seen the scary face glitch but ironically I did see it in The Witcher 3 which nobody mentions.

Putty

The is very much making me smile a lot. My only gripes are the IQ and the sometimes clunky controls when fighting multiple opponents. The city looks great but the IQ lets it down somewhat. 1080p would have helped a great deal. Pity performance wasn't there to achieve.

Venom Fox

Banned
Same here, I've never seen the scary face glitch but ironically I did see it in The Witcher 3 which nobody mentions.
Same lol, I had loads of glitches in TW3, the face glitch, duplicate Roach glitch, infinite falling glitch etc. I didn't have them in Unity like other people did, I did however have the bad pop in and 12 fps framerate.

Non of the above glitches affected my enjoyment of TW3 though!

Toa TAK

Banned
Fight Club Evie da best
I am just now discovering Fight Clubs, and I must agree.

qMWSNLc.gif

Speaking of Evie, if you collect all the flowers as requested by Mr. Henry Green,
OR SHOULD I SAY Jayadeep Mir, he asks Evie to marry him, and she agrees.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Same lol, I had loads of glitches in TW3, the face glitch, duplicate Roach glitch, infinite falling glitch etc. I didn't have them in Unity like other people did, I did however have the bad pop in and 12 fps framerate.

Non of the above glitches affected my enjoyment of TW3 though!
Same TW3 is fantastic, and although I think ACU was a step backwards (even BF was a step backwards imo) I did enjoy it.
In fact the only problem I had with it was the 12fps while climbing the stained glass cathedral.
And liked the Characters, especially Elise.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm about 6-7 hours in after playing it all day. It's a far better game than Unity that's for sure, the city and characters are fantastic.

The framerate is still pretty bad, the combat is still awful & unresponsive and the game has been kinda glitchy for me. At least 3 times alert levels on guards haven't gone away despite me being miles away from them which prevents me from doing anything as I'm not anonymous. Really fucking irritating.

I put about 7 or 8 hours into AC2 but quit because I didn't like the control scheme and the character didn't always do what I wanted while climbing. Would this game change my mind about the series? It isn't like I have fatigue from playing tons of the series like some of you.

After putting in almost 4 hours I can safely say I really enjoy this game! Evie might be my new favorite Assassins Creed character! The new combat isnt revolutionary but its nice. Glad I picked this up!

Peff

I put about 7 or 8 hours into AC2 but quit because I didn't like the control scheme and the character didn't always do what I wanted while climbing. Would this game change my mind about the series? It isn't like I have fatigue from playing tons of the series like some of you.

Almost certainly not. But then you can avoid most of the climbing thanks to the rope launcher... which has issues of its own. So who knows.

eizarus

Banned
Picked it up today and having played it for just a few hours, I feel confident in saying that this is what the ideal successor to the Ezio trilogy should have been. The game is essentially Brotherhood 2. I don't understand what's with all the complaints against Jacob as a character in this thread. I feel that Evie and him balance each other pretty well.

Having read the comments regarding how much you could customise Arno's appearance, I have my fingers crossed that they'll patch that in eventually.

Have to say, this is a great AC game.

The Aegis suit is so disappointing. You unlock it by collecting all of the Secrets of London. The suit itself looks great but it's ruined by these really annoying glitch-like lines.

Davide

I sincerely hope next year's entry is a step back in time instead of another forward. In a perfect world, the nods to 2's main theme in Rogue and now Syndicate would be Ubi teasing a return to Renaissance Italy as a current-gen game could really do the setting justice, but I realise that's decidedly unlikely and so I'd accept any historical period prior to Victorian London that isn't Colonial America.
I'd like to see that too, would fit in with the movie coming out next year too though. I'm expecting Japan though.

ogbg

The Aegis suit is so disappointing. You unlock it by collecting all of the Secrets of London. The suit itself looks great but it's ruined by these really annoying glitch-like lines.

I really like it myself. I just wish it had as good stealth stats as the master assassin one

Toa TAK

Banned
Working on nabbing that myself. Disappointing to hear that the stats aren't as good as the Master Assassin one, that's what I'm rocking.

ogbg

I'd like to see that too, would fit in with the movie coming out next year too though. I'm expecting Japan though.

If they stick to the current time plan I'd like to see India during the colonial times. They could even fit that with the current protagonists.

Toa TAK

Banned
If they stick to the current time plan I'd like to see India during the colonial times. They could even fit that with the current protagonists.

I could do you one better, make it (should they continue this route)
Evie and Mr. Green's kid.

Top Bottom