• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

One of the trophies is for doing 10 raids with either character. Are these just Cargo Raids? I seemed to only have 3 on my map and I did them all. When do you unlock more?

Edit: ah, apparently a raid is just any side activity where you steal stuff...regardless of it being called a raid(cargo hijack, boat raid, train robbery)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can I max reputation/loyalty while still failing most the secondary objectives? Is that tied to that or is that just purely a money bonus?

Jharp

Welp, I'm about seven hours in, having done a good chunk of story and side stuff, and this easily the best an AC game has played since Brotherhood. Unity was a turd, Black Flag was great when you were sailing around being a pirate, but the parts where you were playing an AC game were very turd-like, and I personally enjoyed AC3 despite its shortcomings, but man everyone seems to hate it. And even I can admit it had a lot of core playability issues between the mission design and world design.

But despite a few niggling issues, like crowd AI reactions, Syndicate has been an absolute joy. It'll definitely get ranked up there as one of the series' high points.

Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned in the thread, but the music in the game is stellar. Not only is great music, but it's used in ways that most games, and certainly AC, never seem to music. Having beautiful operatic music start playing during the middle of a buggy chase is just the best. The slow strings that come in as I race across rooftops? It's awesome. Just fucking awesome. It's up there with the sea shanties of ACIV in terms of "time music was totally rad."

Putty

Agree with above. It's a really nice looking game. Just a pity they couldn't hit 1080p as I think it would of really brought out the finer details, and lessened the jaggies somewhat. Game is really beginning to shine...

RedAssedApe

Banned
There's some beautiful music in this but it only seems to play sometimes. Does it mean I'm near a special item?

Seems like a waste :[

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's some beautiful music in this but it only seems to play sometimes. Does it mean I'm near a special item?

Seems like a waste :[

I had a feeling this would end up being the case. I can understand dropping ambient music for 3, Black Flag and Rogue since the individual locations are all small, but the almost complete lack thereof stands out like a sore thumb in Unity and (I assume) Syndicate.

krrrt

I went from barely interested to hyped to absolutely loving this game.
A welcome return to form for the series. Now it's time for a year without an Assassin's Creed game and a reboot the year after that.

Fliesen

I had a 3 day week-end and i'm really glad i got this game on Friday.

It's such an ubi game - mindlessly collecting shit, doing sidequests as to be massively overleveled for story missions.

i was able to go through like 10h of my podcast backlog.

i have only had ONE glitch so far.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So will the train symbol appear on the minimap when there are missions at the hideout? I went back there by accident and found I had a few missions to do. Seems a little confusing so far.

SJRB

Gold Member
So will the train symbol appear on the minimap when there are missions at the hideout? I went back there by accident and found I had a few missions to do. Seems a little confusing so far.

Gold symbol = main mission
Black with exclamation mark = side mission [usually that twat that keeps getting in trouble]

Black with exclamation mark = side mission [usually that twat that keeps getting in trouble]

Yeah I have been confused with the mission structure. I did
a mission for Mr Green where they flirted and said Evie said she would get something but I started the mission as Jacob and it just ended with no mission objective...

Finished Sequence 5 last night and i'm still loving it, a couple of the main missions have been excellent and have made me really think about how I approach them, i'm not great at stealth so it's been even more challenging for my gungho play style.

I had one massive crash on Sunday night that froze everything up to the point I had to hard reboot the PS4 but other than a few bits of pop in i've not found anything particularly bothersome but then i'm not usually looking out for glitches and the like.

I think my favourite method of disposing of the Blighters is the toxic dart thing, i've yet to get tired of firing one of those at a goon and watching him beast his mates or firing one into a lit fire with a few of them stood around, genius!

Does anyone know if you can go back into the
Tower of London
after you've completed that mission?

anyone else had that weird stall thing where the game completely hangs for what feels like a second before skipping to catch up. It only happens to me when I am in carriage.

I am on PS4

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Ah ok that makes sense, naturally I assume there's no way to miss a main mission? Also if the train icon appears in my minimap does that mean it has a mission or is it just always there?

Anko

Ah ok that makes sense, naturally I assume there's no way to miss a main mission? Also if the train icon appears in my minimap does that mean it has a mission or is it just always there?
The train icon is always there so you can fast travel to wherever it is. You can then collect whatever money you have in your safe before/when it's full.

SJRB

Gold Member
The train icon is always there so you can fast travel to wherever it is. You can then collect whatever money you have in your safe before/when it's full.

...which is a mindbloggling concept, really. Of all the things I cannot fathom why they kept that mechanic in the game.

ekim

It's been a long time that an AC game has me wanting to play it when I'm not able to. The setting, pacing, mood just blend together perfectly. Good I gave AC a fourth chance. lol

I bought the Gold Edition from PSN (EU) but I don't have the Runnaway Train DLC and my purchase seems linked to the standard bundle online, anyone else having these issues? I do have the Huntsman outfit.

Enjoying the game otherwise.

I know this is probably an odd wish but I hope Ubisoft patch in a way to keep your hood on while you are in stand mode as opposed to only having the hood while in sneak mode lol I just really like how badass the assassins look when they are in full uniform!

SomTervo

You're all really making me want to dip...

I can definitely wait until PC release.

Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned in the thread, but the music in the game is stellar. Not only is great music, but it's used in ways that most games, and certainly AC, never seem to music. Having beautiful operatic music start playing during the middle of a buggy chase is just the best. The slow strings that come in as I race across rooftops? It's awesome. Just fucking awesome. It's up there with the sea shanties of ACIV in terms of "time music was totally rad."

This is all awesome to hear.

FYI, I'm playing through AC Rogue right now for the first time, and it does this same string music thing. It is totally badass. Like when you've entered a Restricted Area and you're prowling around on rooftops/sprinting down alleys and there's this amazing, intense low-key string arrangement.

I personally think the series is doing brilliantly. I liked Unity, too. Super look forward to playing Syndicate.

Ferr986

Didn't play the game but it's the same composer from Journey, so the music must be good in Syndicate.
God, Journey soundtrack is something else.

I know this is probably an odd wish but I hope Ubisoft patch in a way to keep your hood on while you are in stand mode as opposed to only having the hood while in sneak mode lol I just really like how badass the assassins look when they are in full uniform!

There's a petition for it going on.

OrochiJR

Guys, this just happened to me.
So I'm pretty far already in the game (Sequence 8), have unlocked lots of stuff and am trying to finish up all of the sidequests that interest me before making my way through the last story sequences.

But now I did one of the Darwin sidequests and I am supposed to tackle some guy. Problem is said guy got himself run over by a carriage which causes desynchronization. Then the beginning of the chase loads up again, however, the CPU believes the other guy to still be dead, so it instantly gives me the red desynchronization screen while I'm standing at the starting point. Then the loading screen comes up, loads the same thing again, and this goes on in an endless circle. I don't even get to the menu since you can't do anything while desynchronizing and loading.

Does anyone know any way how to get out of such a state? Am I screwed? I already tried rebooting the game, also tried clearing the console's cache hoping it would fix something. The game now always starts at the desynchronization screen after loading my save.

I have completed most of the sidequests already, done nearly everything in the (later game spoilers)
secret animus rift
, got all pressed flowers, all the secrets of London, all the outfits, maxed out all the gang upgrades, all the upgrades for Evie and Jacob, also did all of the activities to liberate the city, so I believe I got a lot out of the game, and I don't feel like starting over and doing all of this again (the yearly AC experience does entail a lot of deja vu and routine already as it is, I can't imagine playing any of the games a second time from the ground up. I love the series, don't get me wrong=P). If this cannot be fixed, which I am pretty sure it cannot in this state, I will just youtube the rest of the story scenes of Sequence 8 to the end of the game and call it a day.

Edit: I have the Xbox One version btw.

So every time I go to the train Jacob says " A letter, for me?!" and it's quite annoying. I can't seem to find what it is, anyone have an idea?

It started mid way through Sequence 4 and is continuing to Sequence 5. Sequence 8 has been open the whole time, but in game "unlocked" it recently and it mentioned a letter. Is that it?

WeTeHa

Guys, this just happened to me.
So I'm pretty far already in the game (Sequence 8), have unlocked lots of stuff and am trying to finish up all of the sidequests that interest me before making my way through the last story sequences.

But now I did one of the Darwin sidequests and I am supposed to tackle some guy. Problem is said guy got himself run over by a carriage which causes desynchronization. Then the beginning of the chase loads up again, however, the CPU believes the other guy to still be dead, so it instantly gives me the red desynchronization screen while I'm standing at the starting point. Then the loading screen comes up, loads the same thing again, and this goes on in an endless circle. I don't even get to the menu since you can't do anything while desynchronizing and loading.

Does anyone know any way how to get out of such a state? Am I screwed? I already tried rebooting the game, also tried clearing the console's cache hoping it would fix something. The game now always starts at the desynchronization screen after loading my save.

I have completed most of the sidequests already, done nearly everything in the (later game spoilers)
secret animus rift
, got all pressed flowers, all the secrets of London, all the outfits, maxed out all the gang upgrades, all the upgrades for Evie and Jacob, also did all of the activities to liberate the city, so I believe I got a lot out of the game, and I don't feel like starting over and doing all of this again (the yearly AC experience does entail a lot of deja vu and routine already as it is, I can't imagine playing any of the games a second time from the ground up. I love the series, don't get me wrong=P). If this cannot be fixed, which I am pretty sure it cannot in this state, I will just youtube the rest of the story scenes of Sequence 8 to the end of the game and call it a day.

Edit: I have the Xbox One version btw.

Do you have an old save you can download from the cloud? If not your best bet is probably to hammer on the start button right before the loading screen disappears. Maybe you are lucky and can get in the menu to reload the mission.

Or you can wait and hope for a patch :/

I haven't played any assassin's creed since 2 and thinking about jumping back in but will wait for a price drop on syndicate.

Do you guys think Unity is worth buying? Is the climbing still good?

Markitron

I haven't played any assassin's creed since 2 and thinking about jumping back in but will wait for a price drop on syndicate.

No & No.

The game is completely boring with terrible characters, story and missions. This is before you take it's technical problems into account.

There's a new jump down mechanism in Unity which is OK but the climbing in the series is almost completely automatic now. IMO it was more fun when it was slower and with a slight challenge.

I would advise you to skip it and go straight to Syndicate. If you like what AC has become since you last played the series with AC2, then go back and play Unity.

ogbg

I had a feeling this would end up being the case. I can understand dropping ambient music for 3, Black Flag and Rogue since the individual locations are all small, but the almost complete lack thereof stands out like a sore thumb in Unity and (I assume) Syndicate.

It's not like Unity in case you're worried. During free roam I would say that there is ambient music playing about half of the time

SomTervo

I'd say yes and yes.

I found the climbing/mechanics in Unity a huge improvement over all the previous AC games. You don't realise until you play Unity and the older climbing system back-to-back. Unity/Syndicate are a huge improvement.

Imo Unity is great in general, too. A GOAT city, brilliant side missions, but mainly mediocre main missions and a terrible story. Arno and Elise are great characters - but the game's plot is total shite.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
So every time I go to the train Jacob says " A letter, for me?!" and it's quite annoying. I can't seem to find what it is, anyone have an idea?

It started mid way through Sequence 4 and is continuing to Sequence 5. Sequence 8 has been open the whole time, but in game "unlocked" it recently and it mentioned a letter. Is that it?

Yes.

hbkdx12

The death animations in this are brutal. Still weird seeing Evie get hacked like 4 times by a butcher knife.

The animations in general are all pretty great/gruesome.

I just did my first fight club with evie. Holy shit, the animations that she does to defeat dudes is just fucking nuts. Literally wrenching guys' entire arms in the opposite direction and breaking their legs at the knee. It's insane.

Probably the coolest animation i've seen is that i got a guy in a near death state near a window i had just jumped through and i had the cane as a weapon and i took the short knife out, stabbed him in the hand so it stuck to the window ledge and then systematically beat him down with the rest of the cane. I was literally in awe.

I just did my first fight club with evie. Holy shit, the animations that she does to defeat dudes is just fucking nuts. Literally wrenching guys' entire arms in the opposite direction and breaking their legs at the knee. It's insane.

Probably the coolest animation i've seen is that i got a guy in a near death state near a window i had just jumped through and i had the cane as a weapon and i took the short knife out, stabbed him in the hand so it stuck to the window ledge and then systematically beat him down with the rest of the cane. I was literally in awe.

Yep, the animations are worth the price of entry alone. The only real hiccup I've seen is walking along the top of the round gasworks. The animations break every time you've to skip past a pole.

Grisby

Yeah, they all are.

That same animation happened to me on the first mission of the game and I had to let out a low whistle at it. It was nicely done.

Fliesen

yeah, this game's pretty sweet.

BhZflMEM9ZQas.gif

Plus, if you really miss the shanties,
there's some workers down by the docks near the Thames that sing them

ironcreed

Banned
I'm really enjoying the game so far, the characters and the story can be really funny which is probably a first in the series that I appreciate. I'm even tempted to buy the season pass for the Jack the Ripper side missions....
And it looks so good, they have perfectly captured the period.

Great looking pics. I have this on the way and it is going to be hard to juggle it with Halo 5, but I am looking forward to it all the same.

Top Bottom