• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

OrochiJR

Do you have an old save you can download from the cloud? If not your best bet is probably to hammer on the start button right before the loading screen disappears. Maybe you are lucky and can get in the menu to reload the mission.

Or you can wait and hope for a patch :/

Thanks for the hints, I tried the cloud save and it's the same as my HDD save. Also tried hammering the start button, but to no avail. Already tried deleting the Dickens & Darwin DLC since it's one of the missions from there and that also had no effect, as did deleting and reinstalling the whole base game.

Is there a way to start the game from scratch? Because when you delete your save it automatically loads the cloud save when booting.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
I went from super skeptical to ending up with this on Saturday and I couldn't be happier.
It just feels right possibly the best ac experience since brotherhood. Between the gang mechanics and the atmosphere it just has the little things that make an ad game something special. I'm part way through sequence 5 and it may be the easiest ac game trophy wise. I'll have to do replays for full sync but even that seems less frustrating than it would be in past games.

Tuffty

I'm an idiot. I was wondering why the synch points were disappearing off the map after I found them, turns out they just become fast travel spots with a different icon. I love the music that plays when you're on top of one, just soaking in the view of factory smoke against the sunset. Lovely.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is there a way to start the game from scratch? Because when you delete your save it automatically loads the cloud save when booting.

Disconnect from the internet before you delete your save. I'd hang onto your cloud save just incase they patch it though. Transfer it onto a USB stick before permanently deleting it.

ogbg

Thanks for the hints, I tried the cloud save and it's the same as my HDD save. Also tried hammering the start button, but to no avail. Already tried deleting the Dickens & Darwin DLC since it's one of the missions from there and that also had no effect, as did deleting and reinstalling the whole base game.

That sucks. Have you tried contacting anyone on Ubisoft forums?

Uh, if a gang leader gets away, can I get to them later or not? I finished all the side missions in a district, then began a fight with Bloody Nora but either she got away and I couldn't kill her or I did kill her and didn't notice but the game glitched

She's still listed as alive

ogbg

Uh, if a gang leader gets away, can I get to them later or not? I finished all the side missions in a district, then began a fight with Bloody Nora but either she got away and I couldn't kill her or I did kill her and didn't notice but the game glitched

You have to wait until the gang war if you didn't get them the first time

Pretty sure when it comes down to the big gang war territory battle at the end to claim the district she will be there. If you kill her early she just won't be there and I think there will be lesser rival gang enemies to fight.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Henry Green appeared on the train and spoke to Evie about collecting some flowers. Then he dissapeared.
I guess that's connected to collectible pages from the language of flowers?
It was all a bit vague. :p

RedAssedApe

Banned
yeah, this game's pretty sweet.

BhZflMEM9ZQas.gif

lol hilarious. reminds me of brotherhood where you just whistle and a bunch of assassins jump out of nowhere. except this time around its just a bunch of hooligans bum rushing

Henry Green appeared on the train and spoke to Evie about collecting some flowers. Then he dissapeared.

Yeah, apparently the flowers/pages unlock different colors for your outfits.

So my PS4 froze on the title card (not even in a menu yet). Tried pressing the PS button, PS menu come up but that totally froze too. So after hard resetting the PS4, the game does play but the loading screens seem to take way longer than they should. Also the title menu was stuttering like mad for a while. Is that normal?

Overall the performance feels... off. Could it be the game didn't install properly?

Toa TAK

Banned

Oh if you thought that was vague, go collect them all and then talk to him.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Yeah, apparently the flowers/pages unlock different colors for your outfits.
Accidentally, I discovered that when I found all of them in Whitechapel this morning. Pretty weird it's now somehow and out of the blue connected to Henry Green.

Anyhow, i've completed two missions with Evie in Sequence 4. I bought this to explore it's setting and while i've enjoyed a lot of games from this series, I didn't expect to enjoy it this much. Really fun stuff.
Controls aren't perfect, but they've never been better imo.

I'm kinda disappointed that outfit colors are locked behind the flower collectibles for the most part. I don't really feel like running around to pick them up.

Muffdraul

I haven't played any assassin's creed since 2 and thinking about jumping back in but will wait for a price drop on syndicate.

Do you guys think Unity is worth buying? Is the climbing still good?

Definitely recommended at whatever rock bottom price its going for now. It's not the best AC, but it's also nowhere near as bad as its reputation suggests. There's a lot about it to like, if not love. The free-running was fine, the new climb up/climb down mechanic was a real improvement. Personally I thought it was the best since AC2. My biggest disappointment was that I didn't get to experience all of the crazy bugs everyone else claimed were in the game. I started it on day 1 and saw only a few minor glitches. Agree with the criticism that the story is a bit lack luster.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm kinda disappointed that outfit colors are locked behind the flower collectibles for the most part. I don't really feel like running around to pick them up.

The nice thing, (I guess) is that there are only 30, and easy to keep track of in each district. Buying the map helps, too.

Although, I don't use the other colors. Never really been my thing in these games.

OrochiJR

I posted earlier about the desynchronization loop I encountered in the Darwin mission called "Defamation". I asked in the Ubi forums and apparently numerous people are encountering this glitch, they are looking into it now. So I urge you to rather leave that mission alone until a patch is here. PS4 and Xbone are affected it seems.

hbkdx12

lol hilarious. reminds me of brotherhood where you just whistle and a bunch of assassins jump out of nowhere. except this time around its just a bunch of hooligans bum rushing
I think to this day that's probably the best gameplay addition i've experienced in AssCreed. It worked so so good back in brotherhood. There was just no way to not feel like a bad ass. That eagle sound would play and like 4 of these mofos would just come jumping out of any and everything to kill whoever you targeted. I also like how you could recruit them and invest in them to make them stronger and have them do missions on their own and stuff. So amazing. Wish it was that fleshed out in Syndicate.

I posted earlier about the desynchronization loop I encountered in the Darwin mission called "Defamation". I asked in the Ubi forums and apparently numerous people are encountering this glitch, they are looking into it now. So I urge you to rather leave that mission alone until a patch is here. PS4 and Xbone are affected it seems.

Thanks for the heads up.

bump'd and tagged

I've sent SO many Rooks to their certain death just to thin an area out before entering. My poor little kamikazes.

JodokusK

Is anybody else having some framerate issues? I was streaming today and there's a noticeable input lag, and while it's not horrendous or anything... I can't exactly say I'm pleased with the framerate. And pretty much everyone in the stream said so as well.

Now I'm playing by myself, thinking it might be the streaming, but still the laggy input and overall choppiness persist.

Is it just me? Is my PS4 overheating or something?

SJRB

Gold Member
Man this game is so awesome, I'm kinda amazed at how much I'm ejoying it. If you'd told me a week ago that Syndicate would turn out great I would've chuckled.

Which makes me wonder, with everything going on in this game, how were they able to make the gameplay demos so profoundly boring? I mean, look at that reveal gameplay again, it's almost as if they deliberately used the most boring area in the entire city.

Toa TAK

Banned
Man this game is so awesome, I'm kinda amazed at how much I'm ejoying it. If you'd told me a week ago that Syndicate would turn out great I would've chuckled.

Which makes me wonder, with everything going on in this game, how were they able to make the gameplay demos so profoundly boring? I mean, look at that reveal gameplay again, it's almost as if they deliberately used the most boring area in the entire city.
I just blame the marketing in general. Even as someone who got massively hyped for Revelations the trailers this go around didn't really do me in. That and they didn't show off the 2nd protagonist. lol

Dantis

Anyone know if the currently available season pass content is any good? Any pictures of the outfits, or an idea how long the missions are?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I just blame the marketing in general. Even as someone who got massively hyped for Revelations the trailers this go around didn't really do me in. That and they didn't show off the 2nd protagonist. lol

There's no shame in that, Revelations had the best trailer I have ever seen for a game, easily. Pity the game itself was a load of old bollox.

Grisby

There's no shame in that, Revelations had the best trailer I have ever seen for a game, easily. Pity the game itself was a load of old bollox.
I still think the game has the best ending in the series outside of the twist in 2 and Edwards closing voyage in BF.

But I agree that the game was less than stellar. The start of the downtrend in the series quailty.

Dantis

I still think the game has the best ending in the series outside of the twist in 2 and Edwards closing voyage in BF.

But I agree that the game was less than stellar. The start of the downtrend in the series quailty.
The ending was terrible. Nothing happened.

Markitron

For me the ending was easily the worst,
Altair died locked in a vault with yet another Apple of Eden
, how is that a Revelation? Literally the only thing that game added to the story was the location of the vault, which was just 1 line right at the end. IIRC this was already hinted at strongly in AC:B as well. It should have stayed a handheld game as originally intended.

It's weird that with the further push towards kinda-stealth they left out the waist high foliage of Black Flag.

Edit: Small nitpick, but it'd be nice if any current bgm would continue playing if you go into the map screen.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is anybody else having some framerate issues? I was streaming today and there's a noticeable input lag, and while it's not horrendous or anything... I can't exactly say I'm pleased with the framerate. And pretty much everyone in the stream said so as well.

Now I'm playing by myself, thinking it might be the streaming, but still the laggy input and overall choppiness persist.

Is it just me? Is my PS4 overheating or something?

framerate seems to get a bit dicey when there is a lot going on. not slide-show bad like certain areas in unity at launch but nowhere near the rock solid AC4.

I've sent SO many Rooks to their certain death just to thin an area out before entering. My poor little kamikazes.

I've just realized that this is a viable tactic in terms of distracting and clearing space when you're trying to do the higher leveled hunts. Poor little rooks. Also...the darts that makes the baddies crazy is always fun.

Davide

, how is that a Revelation? Literally the only thing that game added to the story was the location of the vault, which was just 1 line right at the end. IIRC this was already hinted at strongly in AC:B as well. It should have stayed a handheld game as originally intended.
It's more about Ezio's story ending and talking to Desmond himself.

Diancecht

I really don't like Assassin's Creed series. I find them tedious and boring, like most of the Ubisoft games. The last game that I've found the strenght to finish was Revelations. After that, it was a case of forcing myself to play the games for 5 or 6 hours and never returning back.

But Syndicate... Oh man, I would never have guessed that I would LOVE this game!

Setting, characters, side missions and London are amazing! I am really glad that I picked this game, actually it was a case of me getting carried away. I am currently living in the UK for my education and I was hyped about the Victorian London (which I'll be visiting next week) and the UK general. I said to myself, "Eh fuck it I'll buy it," That was one of the best decisions I've ever made!

I just hate the Ubisoft's open-world style of slicing the city into parts and making you open these parts via synch points and then conquer each part of the city by one by. Although when playing Syndicate I am just baffled by the detail that Ubisoft put into the city. I am just taking my time, enjoying this amazing virtual world. Now I am really pumped up about going to London and seeing all these historical places!

Oh and I am loving the murder mysteries, they offer a really different type of gameplay, similiar to Witcher 3's dedective sense missions.

I really don't like Assassin's Creed series. I find them tedious and boring, like most of the Ubisoft games. The last game that I've found the strenght to finish was Revelations. After that, it was a case of forcing myself to play the games for 5 or 6 hours and never returning back.

But Syndicate... Oh man, I would never have guessed that I would LOVE this game!

Setting, characters, side missions and London are amazing! I am really glad that I picked this game, actually it was a case of me getting carried away. I am currently living in the UK for my education and I was hyped about the Victorian London (which I'll be visiting next week) and the UK general. I said to myself, "Eh fuck it I'll buy it," That was one of the best decisions I've ever made!

I just hate the Ubisoft's open-world style of slicing the city into parts and making you open these parts via synch points and then conquer each part of the city by one by. Although when playing Syndicate I am just baffled by the detail that Ubisoft put into the city. I am just taking my time, enjoying this amazing virtual world. Now I am really pumped up about going to London and seeing all these historical places!

Oh and I am loving the murder mysteries, they offer a really different type of gameplay, similiar to Witcher 3's dedective sense missions.

Well damn, now I've gotta buy it.

Diancecht

Well damn, now I've gotta buy it.

I am one of those people that HATE the Ubisoft open-world formula and laugh when they talk about "revolutionary design" or "new experience" on E3 stage. But I just can't put Syndicate down, it could be one of my favorite games in 2015. You should get it!

all available collectibles collected, all territories captured, all available side missions done, Max level....time to actually start sequence 4 I guess

Toa TAK

Banned
The ending was terrible. Nothing happened.

The worst part about Revelations was that it offered none. Especially when it came to the modern day stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Revelations. Old Ezio + New setting was great to break away from being in Italy, Altair's memories were awesome (Even if the book covered it beforehand) and the hookblade is my life. But still, doesn't quite live up to its name.

OrochiJR

Update on the Darwin mission "Defamation" desynchronization loop glitch:

A user on the Ubi forums found out how to work around it on PS4, inspired by his success I tried the same thing on Xbone and it worked for me too.

Credit goes to user awesomejay2000 from the Ubi forums:
Guys I fixed it!!!!!!!!! This is for PS4 users. What I did was when it was loading and in the white room I kept pressing the share button and kept getting greater success the longer I stayed in the share center... As i kept doing that i was able able to get in without instantly being de synchronized and then open the menu then restart the memory and it all worked fine from there! I'm not sure it will work for everyone but it's worth giving a go...

Inspired by him I did it the following way:
Initially I tried just mashing the Guide Button on the Xbox One controller (followed by B to get from the Dashboard back to the game) during the white loading screen. That didn't really help at first, but I noticed that you could move around longer while desynchronizing. What did the trick for me however was just pushing the guide button to go to the dashboard during the loading screen and remaining there for longer intervals, like one minute. Afterwards I went back to the game and instantly went to the dashboard again, again for like one minute. Afterwards the game loaded and I didn't instantly get desynched and was able to go to the Pause menu and restart the memory from there.

So I urge you guys having that problem, experiment with the Guide/ Share button during the loading screen to fix this. And best avoid this mission altogether until it gets patched.

Top Bottom