• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Nori Chan

There is a trophy for opening every chest in the game I believe and the map is like drowned with them! That's probably why I went for the Syndicate plat because the collectibles are very manageable.

Yeah that one kinda sucks lol.

I'm guessing there isn't one for Syndicate to do the same. Which is a shame since I've been opening up every single one of them lol

Eggbok

Yeah that one kinda sucks lol.

I'm guessing there isn't one for Syndicate to do the same. Which is a shame since I've been opening up every single one of them lol

There isn't a trophy in Syndicate for opening all chests but the chest give you crafting materials which you need for the gang upgrades trophy so it's still helpful.
You just don't have to open every chest haha. :p

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Just some nitpicks, is that although the gang wars are fun, I expected them to be more like set pieces, similar to the e3 demo. The lack of manual jump also kinda removes some of the skill involved in the new parkour system. You could interrupt slides and stuff which was a neat feature but I suppose this was their solution to players or the character jumping off by accident. I was also kinda into the concept of Jacob putting on his hood whenever he was about to assassinate a target or go into a fight. So far those are the only gripes that i've thought about more than once., pretty great title otherwise. Completed the "secret" last night, and only have one borough left to conquer. Completed Ned and Dicken's storylines. Westminster, still in Seq 6.

bryanee

First mission with Jacob done and well that was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed that.

Oooh, the second mission was great as well.

so is there a way to get collectible maps for
world war 1?
I have been walking around this area for a few hours now trying to find a remaining letter and 4 chests. And I have looked up maps online, and havent found any that im missing

Just got the platinum for the game as well, the only plat for an assassins creed game I have (played em all) so yeah definitely the easiest one. Only real difficult bits were getting 50 train kick offs (just replay sequence 2 over and over) and 5000 vehicle destructions. That one was the worst, it totally ruins the immersion for the game having you barrel around the city killing everything in sight.

Enjoyable game, I'd put it slightly below the AC2 series and AC4 but its definitely a step in the right direction. It definitely feels a bit of a fan service or mea culpa for Unity. They seem to be trying to semi-reboot the modern day stuff, the database entries for it are pretty extensive and interesting as was the ending.

Only downsides are that the ending is a bit lame and the main villain is just awful, he
literally does nothing the entire game and i'm not sure how a cloak anyone can rip off will help his plans.
. London was both great and kinda boring, the database for the city is great but there were few truly iconic moments that made London shine as a unique city. The train was GOAT tier though as an entity.

Game trades in for $43.50 into Best Buy (with GCU) until saturday so basically trading it in for what I paid, really great play through though.

Still a lot to do after you plat, an entire new 4-part sub story opens up and the Darwin / Dickens / Murder Detective stuff all isn't part of the platinum either. I'll rebuy in a year or two when the PC gold version is $10 and check out the DLC content.

ryseing

Black box missions are so much better than in Unity.
Tower of London/Bank of London were dope, although I couldn't find the secret passage in the bank.

Just unlocked
the WWI section
, so time to do that. Stupid excited for it.

Toa TAK

Banned
so is there a way to get collectible maps for
world war 1?
I have been walking around this area for a few hours now trying to find a remaining letter and 4 chests. And I have looked up maps online, and havent found any that im missing

There aren't any maps for it, but just keep spamming Eagle Vision and it'll highlight anything around you for 50 feet.

There aren't any maps for it, but just keep spamming Eagle Vision and it'll highlight anything around you for 50 feet.

yep, been doing that for about 3 hours now...after going to each individual location on a map I looked at online

c6ytjqs.gif

Edit: heyyy, i found the last letter. It wasnt getting marked by eagle vision or shining

Toa TAK

Banned
yep, been doing that for about 3 hours now...after going to each individual location on a map I looked at online

c6ytjqs.gif

Edit: heyyy, i found the last letter. It wasnt getting marked by eagle vision or shining
LOL

For what it's worth, I still need to find two more letters myself. I went around trying to find them today but instead ended up getting the chests.

ironcreed

Banned
Loving it so far. I find both of the Frye Twins really likable and London so far is a great setting. It actually feels more like they picked up where Brotherhood left off and expanded on that.

12187716_973265939403840_5507733157126343027_n.jpg

12188995_973290326068068_6938202223562589982_n.jpg

12193723_973291306067970_3050558065968587405_n.jpg

11986408_973270446070056_3419502108200325629_n.jpg

12189962_973272836069817_6220604336247332294_n.jpg

It also looks rather pretty and runs great.

LOL

For what it's worth, I still need to find two more letters myself. I went around trying to find them today but instead ended up getting the chests.

im still missing 3 chests here. I think the same thing is happening with them. There is no way they wouldnt be marked by eagle vision by now. I have literally walked down every street now spamming eagle vision

Sometimes you just wanna chill out on a crane with a cat

0KPpa7j.jpg

Is there any point to collecting all the helix fragments and chests? As far as I can see they do basically nothing, I guess early on chests help with crafting but you don't need to loot most of them.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Sometimes you just wanna chill out on a crane with a cat

Is there any point to collecting all the helix fragments and chests? As far as I can see they do basically nothing, I guess early on chests help with crafting but you don't need to loot most of them.
I would spoiler tag that, helix fragments give you audio logs with some really sweet information on the modern day and story entries of everyone who encountered the POE, (many of which were from the now defunct project legacy).

Catdaddy

From what I've read here, may try to plat this one, not much on platinum anything, but seems manageable and I like just cruising around the city. Also none of those pesky multiplayer/co-op trophies to get.

Enjoying the game so far surprisingly. Had quite a few cut scene glitches unfortantly. Enjoy the banter between the two main characters.

My biggest negative is London is just boring so far as a setting.

Venom Fox

Banned
if you really want to know....last chance....
World War 1. If you look under the progress tracker and look at collectibles, it should show world war 1 as a location
I just googled it and it sounds fucking amazing, I'm rushing through
act 5 now so I can see it.

I just googled it and it sounds fucking amazing, I'm rushing through
act 5 now so I can see it.

tbh, I didnt even know when it came available. I was talking to a friend who is way earlier in the game than me and he asked me if I did it yet. It just shows up on the map, an icon on the very far right side

Toa TAK

Banned
tbh, I didnt even know when it came available. I was talking to a friend who is way earlier in the game than me and he asked me if I did it yet. It just shows up on the map, an icon on the very far right side
I wasn't even looking for it either lol, just messing around on the map and I just saw it there. Got waaaay too excited for it.

The relationship between Evie and Henry is so frikin awful, is like it was written by a 12 year old girl, I wonder what is going to happen by the end of the game, starting sequence 9 right now. Game is awesome by the way.

Finished the game and yeah it was pretty bad.
especially since I got all the flower stuff relatively early and so they were "engaged" and yet still had the awkward romance shit going on.
Most of the rest of the story was decent enough for an AC game and overall I enjoyed the experience. I'd put it behind Black Flag and maybe Brotherhood, but ahead of the rest.

PreFire

I'm really contemplating on running to bestbuy (24 hours around me) and grabbing this. I've gotten every single AC on consoles, but was underwhelmed with unity's replay value.

The reviews are good, but they always are lol

Bestbuy emailed me about $30 gamers club for 1 or 2 years, %20 off on all future game purchases. So this would be my first game purchase if it's worth it

Venom Fox

Banned
I'm really contemplating on running to bestbuy (24 hours around me) and grabbing this. I've gotten every single AC on consoles, but was underwhelmed with unity's replay value.

Bestbuy emailed me about $30 gamers club for 1 or 2 years, %20 off on all future game purchases. So this would be my first game purchase if it's worth it
Get your running shoes on. Seriously.
After Unity I swore that I'd never touch an AC game ever again, I decided (after reading good impressions here) to grab it and it's my 2nd favourite AC game and I'm only at the halfway point.

Trust me, it's worth it.

It's good. I was done with this series, or at least I thought so. This is really good so far. Not game changing, but a step in the right direction.

Top Bottom