• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

it's pretty easy to figure out :) but in case you don't want to:

there is only one app (called just Assassins Creed Unity in the store) that is the companion app and you need this to unlock the blue chests. In the app you control a brotherhood of assassins called the Nomad Brotherhood that you send on missions like you did in AC:B to AC3 and like the ships in AC4. If you complete a set of 3 missions in 1 location in the app you unlock the first reward you see on top of that location mission tab, if you do the entire set of three missions 3 times you unlock everything there (usually 2 blue chests and 1 mission for the main game).

gold chests are initiate chests which is the internet profile you can sign up to from the main menu. These include only cash and some legacy outfits. Gold chests are gated to initiate levels and currently you gain levels by having progressed through earlier games. Soon there will also be daily challenges etc. for AC: unity that will likely level you up without having played all older games. These gold chests dont offer much though unless you hold older games in sentimental value as their cash bonus is negligible compared to what you can earn in game through the cafe theatre.

red chests require lockpicking skill but i dont recommend going for them until after act 9 because there is no indication what level lock they have on the map and only after act 9 will you be able to buy the master lockpick skill and open all chests/doors.

(the IGN dude that said he kept running into chests that he couldnt open to his surprise must have been colorblind. Or there were no colors to chest icons in pre-release game....)

microtransactions are only time savers and are obsolete once you start to progress anyway.

yes they get alot better. especially in the club houses south of the Seine; I did some ones with actual stories/lore and multiple steps to them today which i really enjoyed.

Gold Chests : Tied to Initiate system which are basically rewards from playing older AC games. The chests unlock legacy costumes. NOT REQUIRED FOR TROPHY/ACHIEVEMENT TO OPEN ALL CHESTS.

Blue Chests : Tied to Nomad system which is the Companion app. You do missions on the Companion app and it unlocks the Blue chests NOT REQUIRED FOR TROPHY/ACHIEVEMENT.

Red Chests : Need lock picking skill to unlock, each red chest had up to 3 bars indicating their level. You need to open these for Trophy/Achievement for Chests.

Nomad points: These are two pointy white icons that you can collect in game which will give you points on your Companion app.

Currency:

Sync points: These are the Assassin Creed symbol currency (the fancy A). You use these to unlock Skills. You get them from playing the single player campaign and co op missions (non Heists)... that's it. You can't get them again if you complete the single player missions. In co op missions there are free Sync points lying around the map and in one mission you can get up to 6 points which is a lot.

Livre: These are the basic currency you get which act like real money (they are the fancy F sign). You use them to buy consumable itemz, weapons and equipments from the shop. Weapons and equipments are purchasable at any time but you need to visit a store to buy consumables.

Creed points: These are the 3 box like currency thing. You acquire these by doing combat/stealth/platforming based actions in the game like performing air assassinations, finishers or using lifts. You use these to Upgrade equipments and weapons only.

Helix points: This a fancy H looking symbol that is used to "hack" stuff. These are real world money currency however through Uplay you can get some Helix currency as well. Used to buy Equipment/weapons as well as Upgrade them. Completely not necessary.

UPoints: You acquire these from playing missions but mostly from doing Online missions like Co op missions. You unlock them in Uplay so you have
to be signed up for that (which you need to do anyway to sync your companion app and Initiate profile). Uplay unlocks a bunch of stuff like passive boosts, artwork, H currency etc.

Various equipment/unlockables in the game:

There are various things you can unlock in the game which you need to see some list. These are all optional. These are some of the conditions for unlocking them.

Beat Single player - You get a Legendary sword for example
Beat Co op missions - Every mission has 3 items you can unlock
Play Club events/missions - Unlocks the highest tier item in a category although comparable items are purchasable through normal means.
Do Crowd events - Unlocks a few lower to mid tier items
Do Murder mysteries - Unlocks a few lower to mid tier items
Acquire Cockades - Unlocks various Color schemes
Acquire Artworks - Unlocks some items
Nostradamus puzzles - Unlocks that armor underground
Gain Initiate levels (by playing old AC games) - Unlock legacy costumes
Play Nomad missions on companion app - Unlock Blue chests

The microtransation stuff is irrelevant and is outpaced by stuff you do in game. You can get 34K Livre in under 20 mins by doing Cafe missions + Social club renovates.

Thanks guys!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The game has the biggest gameplay vs. story conflict I've seen in an Asscrud game yet. It's weird that Bellec is like JUMP and Arno is like I CANT IM AFRAID when I've been jumping for like 2 hours already.

RedAssedApe

Banned
If they don't fix it then all it will be remembered for is the technical mess that it is. If the game wasn't laggy, buggy, broken and ugly as fuck then I'd say it would be a good solid 7 or 8, but that's a huge IF and I have very little confidence Ubi will fix any of those issues. Game was played for 2 hours and is being sent to Gamefly. I don't have time to play a game this bad.

I'm upset I wasted a rental on this but I'm so glad I didn't buy it. Worst technical mess since Skyrim PS3.

riiiight

impact

Banned
The exaggerations here are ridiculous son. Worst mess since Skyrim? Come on now.
What game since then has been a bigger technical mess? I said it earlier, ACP has everything wrong with it a game can possibly have except tearing. Horribly long loading, textures missing, atrocious framerate, pop in, bugs galore, falling through maps, broken online, terrible blurry visuals, etc.

I find it crazy that so many people worked on this and it still turned out so bad.

hohoXD123

About halfway through memory 3, really liking it so far. No major bugs, and I think the rift idea is fantastic, definitely feels like an evolution of the series since it allows them to focus on one time period while including major aspects of other time periods, for example the
Eiffel Tower or Statue of Liberty
. Graphics is very variable, some parts don't look too different from AC4, while other parts look gorgeous and make you appreciate that this game would not be possible on previous gen. Story and characters aren't particularly bad, but neither are they particularly great, it's still early on but AC2 managed to deliver on those things near the start. I'm still having trouble controlling Arno, which is a shame, but the climbing/descent animations are great and really liking the idea of a climb down mechanic.

The game has the biggest gameplay vs. story conflict I've seen in an Asscrud game yet. It's weird that Bellec is like JUMP and Arno is like I CANT IM AFRAID when I've been jumping for like 2 hours already.
Wasn't that the first leap of faith? They're generally jumps which would normally kill you because of the greater height, so it was pretty different to the parkour you had been doing up until then and didn't seem too out of place.

Yasae

Banned
Those presentations are always a matter of deception showcase :/

But I really hate these pop in textures. It kills immersion for me completely. I think Dunia and CryEngine handle that much better. Those engines have some sort of blurry transition which makes it much smoother than just a simple pop in.
Yeah I was thinking about that. Couldn't they have used something better than a simple "pop"? Some of their environment objects dissolve into view when the player gets close, like doors.

This is definitely not Watch_Dogs all over again, but they were still cheating a little even 5 months before the game's release. And frankly on PC, if you have the horsepower to do it you should be able to make it look like that gameplay demo if not better, yet there's no setting as such. Lets us force a locked 30 and get great LOD if we want...

dex3108

Also have you noticed that sunshades around city will bend under your feet? :D It is not accurate at all but it is really nice effect and detail :D

Mogwai

Yeah I was thinking about that. Couldn't they have used something better than a simple "pop"? Some of their environment objects dissolve into view when the player gets close, like doors.

This is definitely not Watch_Dogs all over again, but they were still cheating a little even 5 months before the game's release. And frankly on PC, if you have the horsepower to do it you should be able to make it look like that gameplay demo if not better, yet there's no setting as such. Lets us force a locked 30 and get great LOD if we want...
This is actually what has kept me from getting AC3 on PC. Afaik, there's pretty bad draw distance even for powerful rigs. AC is just not a series that's optimized for PC.

SJRB

Gold Member

From a narrative point of view, you never did.

Come on Kev, this isn't rocket science.

Bebpo

Banned
Is there any way to just turn off the "YOU HAVE UNUSED SYNC POINTS" notification that keeps popping up every 5 mins the entire game. It's really annoying when you only have a couple of points you can't spend or are saving up for a more expensive skill. Probably the most frustrating part of the game so far for me.

Also some of the notifications are really badly implemented. Like when you get a new clue in a riddle or murder mystery and the notification that it was added to the database blocks you seeing what's actually said in the riddle or item you just examined ^^;

I need some help as the following is ruining my immersion, I seem to be getting icons on my screen with distance shown, similar to when you mark a destination.(except I didn't mark this one)

I seem to have a scroll on my screen with distance shown, I cant seem to get rid of it and it isn't marked on my map, then as I get closer other icons appear that are close by, like Mission icon and such.

Anyone know how to fix this on PC?

Thanks.

Xevren

Is there any way to just turn off the "YOU HAVE UNUSED SYNC POINTS" notification that keeps popping up every 5 mins the entire game. It's really annoying when you only have a couple of points you can't spend or are saving up for a more expensive skill. Probably the most frustrating part of the game so far for me.

Also some of the notifications are really badly implemented. Like when you get a new clue in a riddle or murder mystery and the notification that it was added to the database blocks you seeing what's actually said in the riddle or item you just examined ^^;

Yea that sync point update sucks, I forget the exact option in hud options but its related to one of them. I want to say it might be updates but I could be wrong.

B-Dex

I need some help as the following is ruining my immersion, I seem to be getting icons on my screen with distance shown, similar to when you mark a destination.(except I didn't mark this one)

I seem to have a scroll on my screen with distance shown, I cant seem to get rid of it and it isn't marked on my map, then as I get closer other icons appear that are close by, like Mission icon and such.

Anyone know how to fix this on PC?

Thanks.

You unlocked a chest from the app and it put a helix marker to show you where it is. Collect it or wait for your assassin In the app to and it will go away.

GavinUK86

I agree. It came across a bit stupid. The game seems to want you to go from story to story to story and nothing else because if you do the narrative sometimes doesn't make sense.

Wasn't that the first leap of faith? They're generally jumps which would normally kill you because of the greater height, so it was pretty different to the parkour you had been doing up until then and didn't seem too out of place.

You can run around and unlock view points before, which I did, so Arno had already leap from higher spots.

From a narrative point of view, you never did.

That was his point.

You unlocked a chest from the app and it put a helix marker to show you where it is. Collect it or wait for your assassin In the app to and it will go away.

Thanks man, I was going crazy trying to figure out what is going on,I guess I will go collect it.

So some initiate chests require you to be at a certain initiate level? So if you've not played all of the AC games a fuckton, there's no way to open these?

There's just no end to how frustrating this game can be....

Corpekata

Banned
I dunno, I'd say Edward's master assassin skills early in Black Flag are at least equal to Arno. At least Arno gets some training in the first couple missions.

hohoXD123

I agree. It came across a bit stupid. The game seems to want you to go from story to story to story and nothing else because if you do the narrative sometimes doesn't make sense.

You can run around and unlock view points before, which I did, so Arno had already leap from higher spots.

That was his point.

Oh right, must have missed that. Yeah, strange then.

ssjali

So if turning off the internet makes the game run smoother (no matter how much), will a bad internet connection make the game run worse? If it has to contact the servers every now and then to transfer data, could that be possible? Or just a bullshit thought? :D

RedAssedApe

Banned
So if turning off the internet makes the game run smoother (no matter how much), will a bad internet connection make the game run worse? If it has to contact the servers every now and then to transfer data, could that be possible? Or just a bullshit thought? :D

sure. but this has been debunked.

HDM

Did your PS4 fan become anormaly noisy only in the menu ?

My PS4 fan is pretty silent in the game, but when i press start then go in the character upgrade menu (for example), the fan start blowing really hard, really loud.

And it immediately return to normal blow when i come back in game.

xCobalt

Anyone have trouble opening up Nomad Chests from the companion app? I'm forced to wait 24 hours and can't open up the chests in-game.

Corgi

Banned
they really need to figure out how to keep track of the characters in AC games. So many characters with long elaborate olde names that you hear about once maybe and then you are basically asked to memorize their role in all this bullshit. These codec that read like youtube comments doesn't help.

Corpekata

Banned
Is anyone actually able to play online public games on PC? I get queued but never matched up with anyone. While I can see not getting into random mission X, I can't even find a game in the "all missions" category either.

The sound quality is bugging me. Really horrible. Everything sounds really sub-par. LIke it's coming out of some really cheap, tinny speakers even though it isn't. Anyone else not noticing this?

I've noticed it. The sound propagation is messed up. Sound coming from the wrong speakers or sounding muffled when it shouldn't be. I've tried it across stereo Bose Companion 3, Logitech G930, and Sony Gold Elites, all the same problem.

Just finished sequence 12.2, the performance was horrendous and made the gameplay awful, they really need to rework that one.

Also, how do you have thousands of people working on a game and manage to misspell the name of the most visited museum in the world? I had a cutscene earlier where they spelt it "Louvres".

So what are y'all's go to weapon type?

ended up back to 1h sword just because i like the shealthing animation.
I'm really liking my lance actually. I tried all 3 types and it seems the most balanced one.

Leeness

Haha had a couple of funny NPCs today. :D

Sfp9Dnp.jpg

This guy has enough for the feathers but not the hat lol

nm0SipF.jpg

Lmao this guy's death pose (his arms bent backwards). So good, couldn't push him over either.

FrsDvl

Would anyone that has this on PS4 be willing to let me check this game out with share play? I kind of want to buy it, but not sure if I should.

Does anybody know if Ubisoft has gotten around the PSN store restrictions?

I ask this because Initiates isn't working, uPlay isin't working... but when you look at the store's options for purchases, it says 'cannot find items in the Ubisoft store', rather than the PSN store. Which is odd, because we know that all purchases are on PSN. Unless it first checks with an Ubisoft service prior to being headed over to PSN?

Anybody?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wasn't the Altaïr costume supposed to unlock for just playing the companion app?

Yoday

I noticed the other day that Unity doesn't seem to have multiple save files. So, how are we supposed to replay the game? Create a whole new profile? Kind of bummed about this, as I always like replaying AC games with a fresh save.

Dahbomb

So what are y'all's go to weapon type?

ended up back to 1h sword just because i like the shealthing animation.
I am leaning towards Halberd being best in the game. It can kill any enemy in 2 hits max because its charge attack leaves them prone open for a ground execution. Plus the range is great for playing safe.

Haven't played with a Legendary Heavy weapon to compare so its not a completely informed choice.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You know, it's really annoying how all this extra bullshit doesn't even fucking work if you spend the time doing it.

Building games around online functionality and then releasing them in states where none of this shit even works.

This gen kinda sucks.

Corgi

Banned
think im taking a break from this game, mainly because the game crashes everytime I go into customization.

Why bother going into missions underleveled if I can afford better stuff? Hope update 3 is soon.

Top Bottom