• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

subwilde

It's the same in RRE and it should be; the P4/5 is a gentlemens GT spec racer for the non-professional racer.

Same here; glad it's not just me. I'm going to turn off the canned effects.

Suggested G27 settings of Luca from Kunos have been updated:

As Luca pointed out on RaceDepartment, there are no 'official' settings because FFB is a highly subjective thing.

Indeed. One can turn the sliders for the canned effects down to zero which is nice.

The 'GAF member looking for a frame rate limiter akin to iRacing's should be happy as that has been included in the update too along with higher AA levels - now set to 8xAA, a FOV slider and some other bits and bobs (a highly technical term) to keep people very happy.

Thanks!! Tried those settings and the rattling is completely gone. Steering feels a bit more fluid. Could be a combo of the update, me turning off vsync and turning on the frame limiter.

Shaneus

I will do when I can afford it. Just bought a wheel stand so already breaking the bank.
Download it and play the demo (it's the full game but restricted to 60 minutes).

Then break your bank some more... you probably won't feel like you have a choice after playing said demo ;)

Has anybody played around with the world detail setting? It seems to tank my fps in replays... Before this patch it was locked.

edit: Monza seems to be especially badly optimized... The fps go down to 30 in certain instances in replays.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Got this last night and at first I had the "Loading Theme" issue where it would just remain stuck there and never load. I exited out and ran as Admin and it finally loaded and I got to play for about 2 hours. I tried to play again later on but got stuck once again--except this time, nothing worked. Anyone have any solutions for this?

Has anybody played around with the world detail setting? It seems to tank my fps in replays... Before this patch it was locked.

edit: Monza seems to be especially badly optimized... The fps go down to 30 in certain instances in replays.

After more testing, shadow resolution seems to be the main performance hog in Monza replays. Putting it to medium gives a huge boost.

So the DORIFTO! track is all 2nd gear kindergarten stuff, but still tons of fun. Not many camera angle options in replay mode, either.

I don't recall having all these paint jobs for the E92 M3, and it's amazing to finally have it with an H-pattern shifter. New favorite car.

ibj3EATqa8pmrF.gif

microtubule

Just got a ~20MB patch via Steam.

Patch notes:
Early Access 0.2.1
- Fixed the PB grid being unresponsive
- Fixed the framerate limit slider not being polite to keyboard input
- Tweaked Pagani Zonda R interior engine volume on load
- Tweaked P4/5 Competizione bodywork volume and interior engine volume on load
- Added version display on launcher intro
- Added changelog display inside launcher (Options/General/View update log)
- Added more verbose logging for launcher thread activity
- Made modal dialog content scrollable

edit:
really loving the Zonda R on Mugello, just got sub 2:00's after a bunch of laps using a controller. This track is screaming for the F40 though!

friday

The Lotus 2-11 is my favorite car so far. I feel like I can do anything in it. Now how do I get one in real life?

TJP

The Lotus 2-11 is my favorite car so far. I feel like I can do anything in it. Now how do I get one in real life?
I also agree; it really is a sublime drive.

Anyone read the post by Shaneus or his link to the AC forum and the guy who owns a 2-11? Seems it's rather easy to unleash 320bhp (up from 252bhp) with a few simple mods. I hope Kunos read this and add a Step 1 upgade reflecting this ;)

So the DORIFTO! track is all 2nd gear kindergarten stuff, but still tons of fun. Not many camera angle options in replay mode, either.

I don't recall having all these paint jobs for the E92 M3, and it's amazing to finally have it with an H-pattern shifter. New favorite car.

ibj3EATqa8pmrF.gif
Nice! They've added a bunch more colours to most of the cars, but the paint job in your gif was always there. My favourite too. The Z4 is hilarious though, quite a muscle car feel - no finesse required to drift that thing, Clarkson would love it (powerrr).

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
My brother just hooked up his Eyefinity setup, 3 23" monitors.

Is this a good game to showcase it with?

He doesn't have a wheel, but I have a crapper Logitech force-feedback with no pedals I was gonna let him borrow.

Worth it, or go another route to test. Just playing Burnout Paradise, the sense of speed is amazing... he was looking for more of a sim racer to test it out.

I can't get the H-shift to work on this one (G25)... any ideas?

Game is looking really solid. Hopefully there will be a lot of mods to it. It's better than rfactor2, simraceway and raceroom, driving model wise.

Such a shame they are such a small developer.

Zeth

This will be the game that forces me to open the wallet for a wheel setup. Haven't been this hooked on a racer in years. Having so much fun with a damn controller. Anyone else have a controller setup they like? I've been using one posted by seanspeed I believe. Works pretty well.

disap.ed

This will be the game that forces me to open the wallet for a wheel setup. Haven't been this hooked on a racer in years. Having so much fun with a damn controller. Anyone else have a controller setup they like? I've been using one posted by seanspeed I believe. Works pretty well.

Second that. It's all I ever wanted from a racing sim handling wise. Pretty impressive if you keep in mind that nKpro was undriveable with Gamepad according to GAF (didn't buy it because of that)

TJP

Second that. It's all I ever wanted from a racing sim handling wise. Pretty impressive if you keep in mind that nKpro was undriveable with Gamepad according to GAF (didn't buy it because of that)
In my experience nKP was okay with a gamepad - not ideal but certainly drivable - but sublime with a wheel+pedals. Just out of curiosity, have you tried GSC 2013 with a controller?

Spookie

So after much fretting and shouting a Windows: I got my wheel to work. I've just drove for 45 minutes till my arms ached. I came to the conclusion that Formula Car is THE PINNACLE OF TERROR.

It feels amazing on a wheel, I can't describe how well it translates everything you feel through your arms.

disap.ed

In my experience nKP was okay with a gamepad - not ideal but certainly drivable - but sublime with a wheel+pedals. Just out of curiosity, have you tried GSC 2013 with a controller?

No I haven't, also have pCARS (which isn't even close to AC with Gamepad atm) and I don't have time for a third racing game :)

Morzak

Walked in to a local electronic shop and there was a nice deal on a G27. Installed Booted the game up and loaded the default profile. Way to much jank in the force feedback sometimes nearly undrivable. After a quick search I applied the recommended settings from Luca (with lower Gain) what a diference. Still a bit to harsh on the feedback sometimes will test the 2nd settings and a combination of the two to see if I get it a bit more to my liking. But damn it's fun even if I suck, especially with the H-Shifter. At the moment I'm pretty inconsistent and often slower then my controller times, but I already see that those times should fall quickly with a bit more playing time.

ElementJJ

Banned
Just got a ~20MB patch via Steam.

Patch notes:

edit:
really loving the Zonda R on Mugello, just got sub 2:00's after a bunch of laps using a controller. This track is screaming for the F40 though!

I managed a 1.50.9xx after a couple of laps. You can brake really late and shift down quite fast without losing control. It has tons of grip, so after hitting the apex you can hammer the throttle. Using a 360 pad atm.

And it has lots of lift off oversteer so you can easily correct understeer out of the turn. Be really aggressive with it.

Shaneus

Might've been me. I haven't tried a controller since then (ie. before the patch) and I know things have changed so feel free to tinker, they could be even better!

microtubule

I managed a 1.50.9xx after a couple of laps. You can brake really late and shift down quite fast without losing control. It has tons of grip, so after hitting the apex you can hammer the throttle. Using a 360 pad atm.

And it has lots of lift off oversteer so you can easily correct understeer out of the turn. Be really aggressive with it.

I just hit like 1:57 or 1:53 after I switched from cockpit view to hood view.

Morzak

Found a newer FFB setting for G27 and now it really starts to feel really good, still a bit of seesawing going on and to harsh feedback at times but it's getting great. Man I'm loving it. Getting better with the H-Shifter.

I also got GSC 2013, my god that game feels incredible that force feedback is insane and the cars seem to be very fun to drive.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Might be a dumb question but can you drive from the Hood view? Or is it restricted to cockpit only ala iracing?

TJP

Sorry did miss that post, really should read the thread more carfully :/ . Did you do any changes to that?
No worries. I've tried both the original settings and the updated version that you and I posted and fwiw, I prefer the original settings Aris posted without the canned effects.

LOGITECH G25/G27
(tested and suggested by Aristotelis Vasilakos)

In Logitech Panel
Overall effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 10% (Play with this value according to your tastes)
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900
Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED
Combined Pedals MUST BE DISABLED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced
Force Feedback Gain: 80%

Morzak

I drove the 458 with the updated settings and I quite like it with that car, Will probably try the older settings again to compare which I like more.

TJP

safe_image.php

Kunos Simulazioni would love to know your opinions on the car brands you would like to experience in Assetto Corsa next year. We ask you to choose the brand that has cars you would like to drive on a regular basis, not cars that you would like to have just for the garage, but cars that you believe would keep you engaged. For example, many of us like and appreciate vintage cars, but in reality just a minority of us actually choose those models when we go on track.

Remember this poll doesn’t include those brands that are already licensed in Assetto Corsa (please find the current list here), as well as the brands that cannot be licensed in Assetto Corsa due to exclusive agreements with other videogames or companies, and finally, brands that don’t fit the Assetto Corsa style. We need your opinion!

Cast your vote here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion/

Morzak

Hm really can't decide which make I should give my vote there are just to many cars I would like Lancia for the Delta/037/Stratos, Honda for the NSX and so on.

Top Bottom