• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa: Early Access |OT|

Zeth

Crisis averted: AC folder/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=1
Change it to 0.

This is what happens when you join a public server on day 1 of a multiplayer alpha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukCn5VmuSXE

But hey, it works! And I'm sure they've already applied three or four fixes today. It can only get better from here :)

Ha, nice clip! Might wait a bit before doing my first online sim race. Indeed, it can only get better!

Even after you've sorted it to display only the servers accepting bookings? It sometimes goes a bit weird for me but usually works after a refresh. Some servers are just broken though... try another :)

Dave_6

Well after 4 booking attempts, I finally got into a 'race' with someone other than myself. Me and two others qualified for 10 mins and then by the time it was time to race, one guy had left.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to find any servers tonight that aren't locked yet are empty.

I'm in the US and usually sort the servers by ping.

Zeth

Nnordschleife by snoopy v0.5 is fantastic. The surface is now much smoother - even the GT cars and the DTM can handle it now. Now I see why people go crazy over this track. Spending all weekend on it most likely :p

ADRIANF1esp

Neo Member
Assetto Corsa gameplay with the BMW Z4 GT3 at Nürburgring Nordschleife:

The mod is pretty good until we can have the scan circuit in September.

Dilly

Banned
Sigh, after getting easy pole I was reminded why I don't like racing in pubs. People always choose the most impossible corners to overtake, then overshoot their apex and whiping you out with them.

ADRIANF1esp

Neo Member
Another Assetto Corsa gameplay with the Lotus 49, the video is a lap at Mugello Circuit with four onboard cameras simultaneous.

I hope you like it, regards.

Zeth

Still playing this pretty much daily. Having fun keeping up with all track, skins, and mod releases. And this is my first sim, now I know how people get so enthralled by it all.

My Rift DK2 should be in the first few batches of shipments. I cannot wait to try it with AC. From what I can tell, the current (early) implementation is already awesome. Would love to know more. Looks like modders already have some great setups.

New sounds in development!

Modern gamers are never happy: they want more. We are gamers too, so we know how you feel. While our programmers are working hard on improving AI and multiplayer code, we have some extra news that we are pretty sure you will like a lot. We try to be always honest with you, and we recognize that one of the areas where there is more room for improvement is the sound environment. When we conceived Assetto Corsa, we have designed its structure in order to make the job as easier as possible for modders, but in some way, this has affected our choices and how Assetto Corsa performs sound effects. We have decided to provide a huge enhancement to the sound experience in Assetto Corsa: the final version of the game will be powered by FMod: FMOD Studio is an audio content creation tool for games, with a focus on a ‘Pro Audio’ approach: it’s used by Driveclub, Forza Motorsport 5 and other AAA racing titles and it’s the perfect choice to give Assetto Corsa what it is still missing. This will require a great effort from our team in order to convert or reproduce from scratch the sound packages for each car, but the internal tests already underway, are very encouraging. We are sure that AC gamers will be enthusiastic about the final result and that alone, will worth the investment needed.
Good news!

paskowitz

AC activity has been pretty slow on GAF. I just want to make sure that everyone is aware how many amazing user generated (mods) tracks there are. Many of which have a very high level of quality.

I highly suggest you all go to RaceDepartment.com and download these tracks if you have not already.

Nuburgring Nordschleife
Laguna Seca
Suzuka
Circuit de la Sarthe
Road Atlanta
Road America
Bathurst
Watkins Glen
Brands Hatch
Donington Park 2011
Malaysia GP
Hockenheim Historic
Interlargos
Mosport
Trial Mountain
Melbourne GP Circuit
Mid Ohio
Autumn Ring
Daytona
Trial Mountain
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Okayama

Krejlooc

Banned
haha I'm reading this thread, thinking "wow this sounds pretty neat, I should check it out" and then I realize I already own the game and just forgot. Steam Sales wheeeeee.

Shaneus

AC activity has been pretty slow on GAF. I just want to make sure that everyone is aware how many amazing user generated (mods) tracks there are. Many of which have a very high level of quality.

I highly suggest you all go to RaceDepartment.com and download these tracks if you have not already.

Nuburgring Nordschleife
Laguna Seca
Suzuka
Circuit de la Sarthe
Road Atlanta
Road America
Bathurst
Watkins Glen
Brands Hatch
Donington Park 2011
Malaysia GP
Hockenheim Historic
Interlargos
Mosport
Trial Mountain
Melbourne GP Circuit
Mid Ohio
Autumn Ring
Daytona
Trial Mountain
Okayama
Only one version of those tracks? Or at least, it's obvious which ones are the better ones?

Arc07

Man that looks amazing! As much as I love racing games/sims, I may have to look at picking up an Oculus at some point.
Going from a three screen setup to the Rift is... I can't even explain how incredible AC is with the Rift. Everyone that has came over and tried it for themselves are immediately sold on VR. AC with a Rift and wheel is one of the greatest experiences you could ever have in a video game racing simulator.

oxidax

Nuburgring Nordschleife
Laguna Seca
Suzuka
Circuit de la Sarthe
Road Atlanta
Road America
Bathurst
Watkins Glen
Brands Hatch
Donington Park 2011
Malaysia GP
Hockenheim Historic
Interlargos
Mosport
Trial Mountain
Melbourne GP Circuit
Mid Ohio
Autumn Ring
Daytona
Trial Mountain
Okayama

Holly crap! I had absolutely no idea that they were doing this. Thank you very much!

Some of those are terrible quality. And Brands Hatch? Even Hard Drivin has a higher quality road-surface-mesh.

My pics would be:

Westwood
Prato
Aosta Grand Sport
Mission Raceway Park
GenTrack1
Donnington 2011
Trial Mountain
Mid Ohio
Autumn Ring
Laguna Seca
Nuburgring Nordschleife

Edit: God damn, Hard Drivin came out 26 years ago. Way to make me feel old internet.

Three60

Alfa Romeo officially revealed!

Alfa Romeo is one of the most popular brands in the world and it represents, as well as Ferrari, a symbol of the automotive history .
It is also one of the most wanted car brands for racing games: each time we announce a new license, Assetto Corsa enthusiasts ask us to include Alfa Romeo car models in the game.
As you might remember, in our recent poll we asked to gamers which car Brands they would like to get in Assetto Corsa in future: we did it with the aim to drive our investment decisions in the right way. Alfa Romeo has resulted as one of the most voted brands: so, we are very glad to announce that Alfa Romeo has been officially licensed for the racing game Assetto Corsa! In addition, at least one Alfa Romeo car model will be included in the 1.0 version of the game, we are pretty sure you will appreciate this addition, that will be provided for free.
We are pleased to announce that the three top-voted by the public have been confirmed for production, to delight of fans:
Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
Other Alfa Romeo models will be unveiled soon. We'll be happy to share with our fans the making of this beatiful italian cars that will be reproduced with the maximum fidelity
in order to guarantee the best possible accuracy of physics and tactility of feeling.
We would like also thank all our active AC fans, who purchasing the game and sharing with us their feedback and suggestions, give us the energy and the resources we need to evolve and improve Assetto Corsa more than we ever imagined.

eaC7PAU.jpg

Dkq1SWK.jpg

8W7JbmB.jpg

Storm360

Interested in picking this up for VR use, how do the tracks and cars work, do you have to pay for official ones and are the unofficial ones easy to install?

LilJoka

Holly crap! I had absolutely no idea that they were doing this. Thank you very much!

A lot of the tracks have a friction coefficient of 1.0, meaning all cars grip like anything. Only a few of those tracks have actually been done properly, such as Montreal and Melbourne GP which have multiple different surfaces on the track and different friction coefficients.

Off the top of my head, Laguna Seca, Road America both has friction set to 1.0. Brand Hatch is just awful unfortunately.

Seanspeed

Banned
Alfa Romeo officially revealed!
Excellent. :)

Good picks, too.

Interested in picking this up for VR use, how do the tracks and cars work, do you have to pay for official ones and are the unofficial ones easy to install?
All official content comes with the game. Game is still technically in 'beta', so all content added up through 1.0 is free. After that, additional content will likely be paid DLC and it sounds like they'll be doing content packs, not selling everything individual.

Mods are stupid easy to install too, yes. Simple drag and drop of a file.

Anyways, about that mod track list, most of those are still heavy WIP's and many still are kinda awful, especially most of the conversions.

Give it a couple months or so now that the track tools are released and we should be seeing much higher quality stuff coming out.

Arc07

I haven't seen any custom cars but the tracks are simply drag and drop from the zip file to the tracks folder.

Top Bottom